4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And they allegedly used Othram, which is 100% opt-in for law enforcement.

The witnesses brought in by the defense had no knowledge of what the FBI actually did during its investigation, just expert testimony about what was possible in an effort to convince the judge it was important for them to see the work product.
IMO
From what I understand from Motion For Protective Order re IGG, when FBI took over the IGG from Othram they independently carried out IGG using the SNP profile developed by Othram using additional companies. I may not be wording that right. It's specified in MOT for protective order but also might be covered in summary form in judge order ( Oct 2023) which I posted not long ago. Moo

According to the way Judge worded his order though (per @SpiderFalcon's posts upthread,), I believe JJJ does want off the case.

I had no idea the Judge had an opt out option, and was surprised this possibility was not raised in COV motions and argument. Still, as long as it doesn't mean a delay I'm personally not concerned.

Not sure practical reasons would be the end all and be all though for triple J's preference. At least to me, three months overseeing trial Moscow, or three months in Boise(?), Judge is going to be occupied pretty much full time with the the trial I would have thought. Yes, Boise would be an inconvenience as it will be to the attorneys and victims' loved ones. Moo
No offense to him. But every time I've watched a live stream or recaps of hearings he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

A judge's job is to get the case to a fair verdict and leaving no room for any appeals that result from his/her/they/them's opinion/decisions in the courtroom. There's a heaviness there in his face every time he has to make an important decision.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he opted out.

JMO.

No offense to him. But every time I've watched a live stream or recaps of hearings he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

A judge's job is to get the case to a fair verdict and leaving no room for any appeals that result from his/her/they/them's opinion/decisions in the courtroom. There's a heaviness there in his face every time he has to make an important decision.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he opted out.

JMO.
Yeah, he's indicated he would prefer not to continue as judge.. In all events, I'm sure he nominated his preference in good faith and I respect it. I'm sure the Supreme Court will give some weight to his preference. After all, why would they insist on a judge continuing when he has indicated he would prefer not to? I'd predict they'll nominate another judge if they can find one who's available. If not I guess it's possible JJJ may be ordered to stay on the case. Infact my personal hope would be that they keep JJJ on the case if nominating a new judge would mean delaying the trial for weeks or months because he/she cannot clear their calendar for next June. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back