Found Deceased 4 young males, Jevon Hurst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, Hugo Morris, traveling in a silver Ford Fiesta,Harlech/Porthmadog,North Wales,19 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WalesOnline latest:

Rescue teams 'actively looking for' silver car​

Chris Lloyd, chairman of the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue Team, told the BBC that teams spent yesterday [Monday, November 20] searching car parks in the area looking for the teens’ vehicle. He said they were called out by North Wales Police early on Monday afternoon.

Mr Lloyd continued: "We deployed two or three teams to drive around all the carparks. We cannot find the car. "We are still actively looking for it and are continuing to search. We don't have specific area where to search."

WalesOnline latest:

Rescue teams 'actively looking for' silver car​

Chris Lloyd, chairman of the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue Team, told the BBC that teams spent yesterday [Monday, November 20] searching car parks in the area looking for the teens’ vehicle. He said they were called out by North Wales Police early on Monday afternoon.

Mr Lloyd continued: "We deployed two or three teams to drive around all the carparks. We cannot find the car. "We are still actively looking for it and are continuing to search. We don't have specific area where to search."
If there are no ANPR hits to guide them, guessing they must be off busier routes. I’ve been to that area and some of the roads are very twisty and narrow.

Come on lads, be ok :(

If there are no ANPR hits to guide them, guessing they must be off busier routes. I’ve been to that area and some of the roads are very twisty and narrow.

That's what I am very worried about now---the car running off the road somewhere.

They haven't found it in any of the camping car lots. Nor one the side of the road. I hope they have some air searches going on now.

We don’t know really - limited info has been released so far, and tabloids like the DM seem to just be writing articles based on social media posts that purport (probably truthfully) to be from family members of the boys.

I’m not sure if there an any detectable difference between phones being turned on but out of range vs turned off. It’s possible the phone companies may be able to clarify once police make the right enquiries today. I know most phones display an SOS call option now when out of typical range but I’ve never tried this. Does anyone know how functional it actually is?
I think a phone that's purposely turned off sends a "goodbye" ping to the nearest available transmitter. I'm not too up to date with the most modern phones though.

As the mum of a slightly daft 16 year old with equally daft mates (and all with the same hairstyle as these boys) this sort of situation is my worst nightmare.

I was looking at black box tracking data on a friend’s son’s car recently and it had pinpoint accuracy, so hopefully their insurance will at least be able to find the car asap. Very worried about these lads, though.

BBC latest:

Posted at 11:34

'Nothing found' by coastguard helicopter​

The coastguard says the team responded to a request for assistance from North Wales Police with a search in the Porthmadog area shortly before 03:00 GMT this morning.
In a statement, it said: "The Coastguard helicopter from Caernarfon was sent and completed an extensive search of an area, before returning to base with nothing found."

Really hope they are found safe, it gets rather cold in hilly areas at night, hope they hunkered down somewhere dry waiting for rescue.

Very worrying car has not been located yet, as others have said reminds me of the crash in South Wales a while back :(

WalesOnline 11.44:

Worried mum 'desperate to chase any lead'​

Harvey's mum, Crystal Owen, told the BBC she didn't know her son was going on a camping trip, believing he was going to stay at friend’s grandfather’s house.

She says the 17-year-old student at Shrewsbury College, is friends with the other three teens he was travelling with. Ms Owen added that Harvey left home on Saturday night, and she believes the last time he used his phone was around lunchtime on Sunday.

“I am frantically worried. We haven’t slept a wink. We are desperate to chase any lead we can. "We didn’t know he was going camping, if I’d have known I wouldn’t have let him due to the winter weather conditions. We think the last time their phones were tracked was in Porthmadog at around 12pm.

"We've been on the phone to the police almost non-stop. They are all sensitive, intelligent lads and we are just hoping they parked up, got lost and are OK.”

Praying for good news but I’m fearing the worst.

I know the area quite well and like you said some of the roads are very twisty with tight turns and very narrow - they also have significant drops either side - even as an experienced driver I’m not a fan of driving them.

Can’t imagine what their families are going through right now.

From North Wales Police on Facebook

Following information from a member of the public, Officers searching for four missing teenagers in the Porthmadog area have located the vehicle they were travelling in.

Police officers and colleagues from other emergency services are currently at the location and the families of those involved have been kept updated.

Further information will be released when available.

WalesOnline latest:

Vehicle located​

In an update shared just minutes ago by North Wales Police, officers confirm finding the silver Ford Fiesta. The full statement is below...

Following information from a member of the public, Officers searching for four missing teenagers in the Porthmadog area have located the vehicle they were travelling in. Police officers and colleagues from other emergency services are currently at the location and the families of those involved have been kept updated.

Not an easy area to search given the time of year and associated weather conditions. I have family who lived just outside of Bedgellert for many years so I do know the area fairly well, although they moved around 15 years ago so of course things will have changed since then. We need some locals here for their valuable input! The mobile signal back then was patchy - it could come and go as you were driving along and in some areas of course it was non-existent.
Particular concerns that I have in this case, in addition to posts made above pointing out steep drops at the side of the roads, are around bodies of water. At this stage we don't know their route or exactly where their intended destination was. But as an example, depending if they were heading to Snowdon/Yr Wyddfa itself, the drive even from Bedgellert is mostly good quality A road, but there are rivers and lakes along the side of the road. That's very typical of the area.

Very concerned about this and feel for their poor families right now.

WalesOnline latest:

Vehicle located​

In an update shared just minutes ago by North Wales Police, officers confirm finding the silver Ford Fiesta. The full statement is below...

Following information from a member of the public, Officers searching for four missing teenagers in the Porthmadog area have located the vehicle they were travelling in. Police officers and colleagues from other emergency services are currently at the location and the families of those involved have been kept updated.

Oh oh, sounds ominous that they haven't said if the boys were there safe...I'm scared

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back