Found Deceased 4 young males, Jevon Hurst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, Hugo Morris, traveling in a silver Ford Fiesta,Harlech/Porthmadog,North Wales,19 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
Latest update from Wales Online

"It has been extremely wet and the rivers have been extremely high over the last few days. Obviously, it is November, the weather is bad. It is bad weather to be travelling in, especially with somebody who doesn't know the roads very well."

also ...June Jones, local councillor said ....

Now their car has been found, she ( June Jones , local councillor ) said the "whole area is in complete shock" and "everybody's feelings are very much with the families at this time".

Oh no. That doesn’t sound good at all.

For reference, this seems to be roughly the area the cordon is blocking off, I think. Google Maps
It looks reasonably flat, with a small stream running alongside the road. With recent rains that may look a little different, though. (Or my map skills might be letting me down!)

This is the road here, it’s been closed since this morning on Google Maps.

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 90
Oh no. That doesn’t sound good at all.

For reference, this seems to be roughly the area the cordon is blocking off, I think. Google Maps
It looks reasonably flat and open, with a small stream running alongside the road. With recent rains that may look a little different, though.

It’s the kind of road that might seem safe to drive at speed. Given how long the car went unnoticed, there don’t appear to be very many options for where it could have been.

(Or my map skills might be letting me down!)

This is the road closure:

Is that normal, if no questions why not just issue a statement? It's a little goulish for the press to turn up be told awful news and then go away again imo
A press conference will make sure everyone receives the same information at the same time ,including the public. I do not think that this is the time for press questions .

It has been said that the lads set out on Sunday morning from the Porthmadog area to go camping at Eryri (Snowdonia) National Park.

Garreg (where the car was located) is around 5 miles away. The last time any of their families heard from them was around midday on Sunday - after that nothing.

This suggests that the car went off the road not long after the boys set out that morning. A local person has said that the weather was atrocious on Sunday, which could have contributed to the car leaving the road.

Also, i wonder if they had taken the wrong route to get to the National Park? Looking at Google maps the road to Garreg appears to be going away from that area instead of towards it?

I guess it could be to let relatives know before the press of any developments, which is how it should be.

From my experience of this the poor families would have been told many hours ago now.

The gap in time between them being told and now is to allow them chance to tell other family members prior to it being confirmed in media.

I also think waiting until 4:30 was probably also considered to allow the boys school friends to be at home with loved ones when the news broke.

I guess it could be to let relatives know before the press of any developments, which is how it should be.
It's not the timing I'm wondering about it's why a physical press conference if no questions are allowed. Of course the families will always be told beforehand but why subject them to a public presser that will no doubt be broadcast when a written statement would suffice and would limit media attention on them. I'm not suggesting they will be there but to me it seems unnecessary

A press conference will make sure everyone receives the same information at the same time ,including the public. I do not think that this is the time for press questions .
As would a press release. Maybe I'm in a minority in wondering what is the point of getting the press there for what will be a couple of minutes at most.

It's not the timing I'm wondering about it's why a physical press conference if no questions are allowed. Of course the families will always be told beforehand but why subject them to a public presser that will no doubt be broadcast when a written statement would suffice and would limit media attention on them. I'm not suggesting they will be there but to me it seems unnecessary
A physical press conference gives news 'straight from the horse's mouth '. It eliminates mis quoting from journalists or anyone not receiving a digital report.

A physical press conference gives news 'straight from the horse's mouth '. It eliminates mis quoting from journalists or anyone not receiving a digital report.
Maybe it's different in Wales, my local police force is very active on it's social media with press releases, anyone can see all their public information, facebook is awash with it. I guess it says something about the quality of journalists nowadays if they can't be relied upon to transfer the written word from one place to another accurately without a video of it. Although I suppose a video means they don't even have to do any journalism at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back