5/15/2012--Sentencing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if MR will say anything?
I bet his lawyer has strongly suggested he say something to show remorse if he wants even the slightest chance of ever getting parole. However, I sincerely doubt anybody would believe he's sorry for anything other than his own miserable self.

I hope Darren can eventually find some peace of mind. No kid should ever have to grow up with these thoughts and feelings.

8 victim impact statements in all read into record.

aunt- instead of beautiful blue eyes and her laugh...the 1st thing I see when I hear her name is a forensics photo. @globalnewsto #Rafferty

Tori's brother Darryn says now I feel alone. No more fun times. No more I love you's

Darryn Stafford's heartbreaking statement talked of daily anxiety, nightmares and not being able to be alone

There were a lot of tears in the overflow court room this morning as the Crown read Darryn Stafford's statement

Robt. Stafford, Tori's uncle to #Rafferty "Our time is done - your time is just beginning"

RODNEY STAFFORD TO #RAFFERTY "you piece of ****' VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENTS @CTVNews @CTVToronto

Yes, Rodney" Courtroom screams out and applauds Rodney Stafford as he calls #Rafferty a piece of SHYT!

lzilkeglobal ‏ @lzilkeglobal
Tori's Grandmother- "she died at the hands of strangers trying to cover up what they had done." @globalnewsto #Rafferty

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Most emotional moment in court room as Tori's brother Darryn's statement read by Crown. #Rafferty teared up listening to it

Robt. Stafford, Tori's uncle to #Rafferty "Our time is done - your time is just beginning" @globalnewsto

Tori's aunt- "my faith in the inherent goodness of humanity has been obliterated."

Tori's aunt- "Rape, drugs, murder, decompostion... These are the words that hang over me like a cloud."

Some statements read to #Rafferty "I miss her charm, I miss her wit."--Doreen "Our time is done, your time is... http://fb.me/13gZlE3BQ

Rodney Stafford spoke about not being able to watch his little girl grow up, her sweet 16 and wedding

Darryn Stafford: "Like the world is playing a sick trick on me but it's not. This is my reality

Tori's aunt- "Rape, drugs, murder, decompostion... These are the words that hang over me like a cloud."

From the LPF feed:

Comment From courthouse employee
As someone who has worked in the criminal court system for over 10 years I have become hardened due to the heinous things I see and hear on a daily basis. The story of little Tori definitely broke my hardened shell. Tori's story has changed me as a person, but more importantly it has changed my approach as a mother. I hold each of my children a little longer and a little tighter with each hug. As a mom, my heart truly goes out to Tara. I hope all of Tori's family and friends find peace in their lives as they go forward. I can reassure each and everyone of them that I will never forget their little girl.

Updated: #Rafferty listens as relatives tell court what effect Victoria #Stafford's murder has had on their lives http://ow.ly/aVj34

Tara McDonald spoke of missed birthday's, Christmas's and trips to Wonderland

Tara McDonald & Rodney Stafford both spoke of not being able to watch #Tori grow up. "No sweet 16, no teaching her how to drive" #Rafferty

Darryn Stafford: "No hugs, no see you later, no goodbyes, just a part of my heart ripped out"

Nichols ended her statement with: "The first image I see when I hear her name is a forensics photograph."

RaffertyLFP: Court resuming

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Darryn Stafford: "No hugs, no see you later, no goodbyes, just a part of my heart ripped out"

Francis D'Souza ‏ @cityfrancis
Tara McDonald spoke of missed birthday's, Christmas's and trips to Wonderland.

(05/15/2012)

11:05 Mike Knoll: John Miner's morning update:

Tears flowed down convicted murderer Michael Rafferty's face as family members of Victoria Stafford described their nightmare since the eight-year-old Woodstock girl was slain.

In victim impact statements Tuesday, the family of Victoria directly addressed Rafferty for the first time.

Initially Rafferty appeared unmoved, but was openly crying by the time Daryn Stafford's statement was read to the court.

Rodney Stafford, Tori's dad, took the most direct shot at Stafford, calling him "a piece of ****" to applause from members of the audience.

The main and overflow courtroom's were jammed with people waiting outside to get in if a spot opened.

In his statement, Daryn talked about the scars left by Tori's killing, always having to look behind himself when he walked anywhere.

He also wrote about the destruction of his family and the fighting between family members, as well as the loss of love from his sister.

Rafferty, 31, was convicted Friday of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault causing bodily harm. He will be sentenced later today.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
The crown and Derstine agree on a ten year, concurrent sentence, for kidnapping and sexual assault causing bodily harm.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
The crown and Derstine agree on a ten year, concurrent sentence, for kidnapping and sexual assault causing bodily harm.

That's not enough! JMO

Crown and Defence make a joint submission of 10 years for kidnapping and sexual assault concurrent + automatic 25-life.

RaffertyLFP: On murder it is automatic life. Joint submission on kidnapping and sexual assault is for 10 years to be served concurrently .

Defence lawyer Dirk Derstine says he and crown have agreed Michael #Rafferty should serve 10 years for kidnapping and sexual assault charges

Given what we heard before the break, there is nothing I need to say," says Gowdey.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty addressing court before sentence. can't be heard in overflow. Will supply later

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
"Given what we heard before the break" Gowdey has no submissions on the severity of the crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back