8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Crazy.

Didn't any of them have husbands/mothers/friends/coworkers... anyone that was a voice of reason saying..."what the heck are you doing with a another phone"? " why do you need to talk to TH secretly?

Crazy!!

Why are you all giggling and whispering and running out to the mall??

Why are you all giggling and whispering and running out to the mall??

Yep.

My hubby would have given me a WAKE UP call really quickly!!

He'd say "stay away", "stay out of it"!!

Let me clarify: I wasn't looking at the map in terms of most direct route from Tualatin to Terri's house; I was looking at the map in terms of most direct route to an ATT Store from Tualatin on the way to Terri's house. From the googlemap of ATT Stores in that area, it looks like Lloyd Center was the closest ATT store.

But I'm not a local, and I'm just looking at it through expediency's eyeballs. Gotta get an ATT phone, get it at the ATT store. Seems like after Lloyd Center, it wasn't that difficult to hop onto the 30 and head north to take the pass.

Where is the store in relation to Dede's condo? Just out of curiosity...

And how are we to know that they did not have another errand that made this location make sense?

Let me clarify: I wasn't looking at the map in terms of most direct route from Tualatin to Terri's house; I was looking at the map in terms of most direct route to an ATT Store from Tualatin on the way to Terri's house. From the googlemap of ATT Stores in that area, it looks like Lloyd Center was the closest ATT store.

But I'm not a local, and I'm just looking at it through expediency's eyeballs. Gotta get an ATT phone, get it at the ATT store. Seems like after Lloyd Center, it wasn't that difficult to hop onto the 30 and head north to take the pass.

As the crow flies, maybe. But believe me when I say that driving around in there is a CHALLENGE! The last two times I was in that area I took the MAX. The Rose Garden and other event centers are there, which is why I've been to Lloyd Center as much as I have. I've gone to the mall during down time for other events. You don't want to drive around in that mess if you don't have to!

Maybe they took the MAX???

This would have been when the media was starting to camp out by the house, right? Could they have gone there to try to escape the media? Would that make sense, locals?

Yesterday I stated... I was just trying to figure out IF her friends are as diabolical and conniving as she is, gullible, or plain ole stupid.

Today, I have my answer... They have proven they are conniving and diabolical, not to mention plain ole stupid..JMO

The friend, who is not DeDe Spicher, went to the Lloyd Center and bought a prepaid cell phone at an electronic store. The friend now says she regrets using a fake name and that it was “stupid” and “spur of the moment”.

She insists the three of them, DeDe, Terri and her, only got the phones because they needed AT&T service which allowed them to make calls out of the Horman home at Shelter Nook Road, which is in a remote area and doesn’t service Verizon phones which is what they had.

She insists she’s not guilty of anything besides trying to be supportive of her friend, Terri. But she said as she has cooperated with investigators she has withdrawn her support. She said she has turned over cell phone records, her business line and all relevant e-mails to investigators that could help them in the case.

http://www.katu.com/news/100161574.html

I hate to say this, but I think there are a lot of people out there who would think this was thrilling (especially if Kyron IS alive and TH fed everyone some nonsense about how he had to go somewhere else for his safety, etc. etc. Who knows what lies she told??)

Anyway, secret cell phones, meetings, private conversations, "helping a friend...." My goodness, these ladies probably thought they were directing and starring in their own CSI production. It sounds like they were playing a game of some sort...and no one had the brains to realize it should be taken seriously.

It has also been confirmed that at least one of the phones was purchased by DeDe Spicher.

But what remaines unclear is why two additional prepaid phones were purchased at another store in downtown Portland the next day under the same fake name used at the Lloyd Center. The friend said she knows those phones were paid for in cash but she did not make the purchase.

http://www.katu.com/news/100161574.html

As the crow flies, maybe. But believe me when I say that driving around in there is a CHALLENGE! The last two times I was in that area I took the MAX. The Rose Garden and other event centers are there, which is why I've been to Lloyd Center as much as I have. I've gone to the mall during down time for other events. You don't want to drive around in that mess if you don't have to!

Maybe they took the MAX???

*whoops bounced off your post by mistake =)
Well anyways, I do agree with you, and if she took Max, where would she have got on? Max does not go down to Tualatin area,
that one new train goes into P town I think???.. but what a ride..

On this link there are many AT&T stores on the way up to the H. home..
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...469281,-122.661667&spn=0.252807,0.587769&z=11

I think using the false name kinda answers it all, and why she went to an "out of the way" store..??
JMOO =)

Yesterday I stated... I was just trying to figure out IF her friends are as diabolical and conniving as she is, gullible, or plain ole stupid.

Today, I have my answer... They have proven they are conniving and diabolical, not to mention plain ole stupid..JMO

I don't see anything conniving and diabolical in this. Stupid? Oh yeah. And monumentally childish, inappropriate, and just plain silly.

I can totally see why she would go to out of way store...

I wonder if it was Dede's idea to get the secret phones. With her father being in LE, it makes sense to me that she'd be paranoid, and it also falls in line with Desiree's statements about DS advising Terri in ways that are not in Kyron's best interest.

I agree that the behavior of these women is stupid and indefensible, and I worry that a major case of the stupids existing around Terri is going to make it impossible to determine what really happened to Kyron. I swear this is some sort of reverse Three Stooges, except instead of bumbling out of trouble, Terri's bumbling deeper into it.

BBM

I was wondering the same thing, Cypress. It makes sense to me, as well. If so, it was poor advice, IMO.

Regardless of whose idea it was, I feel it was counterproductive, especially if it turns out not to have been for nefarious reasons involving Kyron's disappearance, since LE has had to spend time & resources looking into these secret phone friends, when LE could have been following up on other leads & tips.

Nora Roberts has a series of books out and IIRC it is about a group of women called "the sisterhood." For some reason, this reminds me of them. JMO

We still don't know if Terri is really conniving OR diabolical. But I'll give you conniving for her friends. I'd have been totally like "WTH you want my name for? My name's betty boop." and grabbed my purchase and moved on. But then, for store clerks who demand my name, I explain to them if I'm paying cash, my name doesn't matter. It's for advertising purposes that the clerks ask the information anyway. I have never given it, and never will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back