8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a dumb question and please forgive me if I skipped by the answer...

They showed Kerry's home that was searched. Why are they obscuring her face on the news? They were on DeDe like a sunburn.

All I can say is what were these ladies thinking??? Oh, they weren't thats the problem, guess they thought they would never get caught, they are commin for ya and they will find out whats happened to Kyron ladies, be afraid, be verrrry afraid!!! JMO

This friend bought two phones under an assumed name. Yet another person also bought two under the same assumed name at the same location? What is this some code name? How does this happen?

Where are you reading this? The only two articles I've seen say that 3 more friends bought cell phones...some used fake names to do so...and someone other than DDS bought one for TH. And I think one of the articles said that one of the friends bought it at Lloyd Center?

Did they all use the same fake name to buy phones at Lloyd Center?

TIA :)

It has also been confirmed that at least one of the phones was purchased by DeDe Spicher.

But what remaines unclear is why two additional prepaid phones were purchased at another store in downtown Portland the next day under the same fake name used at the Lloyd Center. The friend said she knows those phones were paid for in cash but she did not make the purchase.

:waitasec:

I just don't quite know what to make of all this. I am having a hard time thinking this is some sort of murdering cabal; rather, more like, as someone said upthread, some sort of highschool clique that has secret codes and special phones...like, "if I ring once, you call me in 5 minutes pretending you're my Mom and this is an emergency so I can get out of this blind date."

Or something like that.

Or maybe not.

I just don't quite know what to make of a bunch of women my age doing this kind of thing...accused of kidnapping or worse, or not...it's just not something I have any comprehension of in adult women. Teenagers, sure...

I just don't get this.

Best-
Herding Cats

Hopefully there will be a link soon but the name said on the news that is unverified at this time was Kerry Sama Rubio..

She was one of the friends who's house was searched weeks ago. She wasn't named in media reports (only DeDe was, that's when we found out her name) but KSR's house was shown on video and it fairly was easy to figure out her name from that. I thought at the time it was stupid to not name her but show her house, especially when it was recently sold. Anyway, her name was not given initially because she was cooperating with authorities, which she still seems to be doing.

Was it ever mentioned who the person Terri was with in the underground parking video? When I saw Kerry's FB picture, I thought there was a resemblance.

Where are you reading this? The only two articles I've seen say that 3 more friends bought cell phones...some used fake names to do so...and someone other than DDS bought one for TH. And I think one of the articles said that one of the friends bought it at Lloyd Center?

Did they all use the same fake name to buy phones at Lloyd Center?

TIA :)

Sorry 2 were purchased at the Loyd Center. BeanE just posted the quote. 2 were later purchased under the same assumed name in Portland. I thought all 4 were purchased at the Loyd Center............ My :doh:

I just don't quite know what to make of all this. I am having a hard time thinking this is some sort of murdering cabal; rather, more like, as someone said upthread, some sort of highschool clique that has secret codes and special phones...like, "if I ring once, you call me in 5 minutes pretending you're my Mom and this is an emergency so I can get out of this blind date."

Or something like that.

Or maybe not.

I just don't quite know what to make of a bunch of women my age doing this kind of thing...accused of kidnapping or worse, or not...it's just not something I have any comprehension of in adult women. Teenagers, sure...

I just don't get this.

Best-
Herding Cats

Exactly. It's sooooo... high school.

I am going to play devil's advocate here and assume that Terri is innocent. In this case, I could see her wanting a phone KH didn't know about. What if she suspected KH, DY or TY are responsible and wanted to be able to speak about it without anyone knowing.

why wouldn't she want LE to hear what she says? Why wouldn't she tell LE what she suspects?

It has also been confirmed that at least one of the phones was purchased by DeDe Spicher.

But what remaines unclear is why two additional prepaid phones were purchased at another store in downtown Portland the next day under the same fake name used at the Lloyd Center. The friend said she knows those phones were paid for in cash but she did not make the purchase.

:waitasec:

I read this too quickly. So the same assumed name was used but two at Lloyd and 2 in downtown Portland using the same assumed name. My error on them all being purchased at Lloyd.

Was it D&K who first named Dede in the media? Or had she been named already?

Was it ever mentioned who the person Terri was with in the underground parking video? When I saw Kerry's FB picture, I thought there was a resemblance.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her. I believe the woman who was with Terri works for her attorney.

Exactly. It's sooooo... high school.

Exactly I remember my daughter in Jr. High having a little Pinky Tuscadaro club with her friends and they had code names and little sayings...... LOL My goodness these are grown women.

This false name is an attempt to conceal something........ What? I don't like the sounds of this at all.

The first time I saw Dede in the news was the KATU article that had her picture on it. I believe D&K had publicly asked her to come forward with information at that point.

I was in a bit of shock seeing her face on there so my recollection may be hazy. Hehe

I am going to play devil's advocate here and assume that Terri is innocent. In this case, I could see her wanting a phone KH didn't know about. What if she suspected KH, DY or TY are responsible and wanted to be able to speak about it without anyone knowing.

i would think if she didn't want to tell them directly, out of concern they would think it was not true, just retaliatory, she would be glad to have them overhear her suspicions on the phone...

Sorry 2 were purchased at the Loyd Center. BeanE just posted the quote. 2 were later purchased under the same assumed name in Portland. I thought all 4 were purchased at the Loyd Center............ My :doh:

It seems so weird to know the steps taken at the Lloyd Center. I've been there so many times! That's where Tonya Harding used to practice for the Olympics. There's an ice rink there.

Just giving you a bit of a picture from the back of my eyes.

I have to admit, I might be dense enough to buy a cell for a friend if I had NO CLUE they were involved with a missing child. But I know these ladies knew darn good and well Kyron was missing and TH was the last person to see him!

I'm not the best at maps but I want to clarify..

The google map shows the TOTAL distance between all areas..

The distance between Tualatin to Lloyd Center is about 24 mins per google,
but there are MANY MANY other locations in between where an AT&T phone could be purchased..

Being a local, that is just an odd place to go to buy a phone if you live on the West Side of the river.. kinda out of the way..

But for me the article that BeanE posted says it all, she admits what she did and that she used a false name...

Oops...thanks for clarifying! I guess I'm not the best with maps either. :blushing:

Today's news thread with the first articles about Dede and D&K's statement on Dede. I was too lazy to check the times on each. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109963"]2010.07.22 ~ TODAY's CURRENT NEWS ***No discussions please*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back