8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, I have been on the so-called fence for two months now (my butt hurts) but this is just plain weird. What do these women need to chat about while Kyron is missing? Gossip about Desiree's new 'do? It seems as though a whole lot of grown-up women in Portland are not getting that this is serious...:(

I will admit I know about zero about cell phones. I have 2-Virgin mobile and a lowcost one I have from work.

Where I live, there is a "mountain" that impedes my coverage so I have to stand in about a 6 inch area of my deck and I get coverage, sometimes.

My kids all have the latest and greatest, and they get cell here sometimes and sometimes not.

When my hubby had to have one for work, he did find something that worked at MY house.

But what difference does it make as to a person who is calling me? Their cell phones work when they call my house no matter what provider THEY have.

Cell phone towers are not popular, so where I live, it is required that multiple providers are on one tower. I imagine that is the way it is most places.

So why does it matter what kind of cell phones her friends had, except for the secrecy factor?
The way I read it, the friends wanted to be able to place calls from TH's house, and they couldn't with their existing service. That is their excuse for getting bat phones. Remember, DeDe was staying with TH after Kaine left. Maybe the other friend was, too, or spending a lot of time there, anyway.

I think that this is interesting information, but not really relevant. If the friend bought the phones under a fake name, no one would have ever found out--but she chose to tell LE. MOO

I imagine it can be a little intimidating to be before the grand jury, especially if your other phone buddy is gonna be there, too, and might happen to know that you bought a phone with a fake name, and why, and just might decide to tell it to the GJ. And you wouldn't necessarily know whether she did talk or not. Unless, she did, and you lie. Then you will know very quickly, and probably wind up in jail. Imo, she was faced with something of a Hobson's choice.

As far as relevance, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but it sure looks *is* to me right about now. jmoo

Ok, I have been on the so-called fence for two months now (my butt hurts) but this is just plain weird. What do these women need to chat about while Kyron is missing? Gossip about Desiree's new 'do? It seems as though a whole lot of grown-up women in Portland are not getting that this is serious...:(

I'm sitting here scratching my head. I don't think there's anything criminal here. I don't think these women collectively did something to Kyron, or were trying to hide or cover up anything.

What I think is that there's something so... teenager... about this whole phone thing. And that's what has me shaking my head.

I imagine it can be a little intimidating to be before the grand jury, especially if your other phone buddy is gonna be there, too, and might happen to know that you bought a phone with a fake name, and why, and just might decide to tell it to the GJ. And you wouldn't necessarily know whether she did talk or not. Unless, she did, and you lie. Then you will know very quickly, and probably wind up in jail. Imo, she was faced with something of a Hobson's choice.

As far as relevance, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but it sure looks *is* to me right about now. jmoo

Wind up in jail? For what charge?

I'm sitting here scratching my head. I don't think there's anything criminal here. I don't think these women collectively did something to Kyron, or were trying to hide or cover up anything.

What I think is that there's something so... teenager... about this whole phone thing. And that's what has me shaking my head.
Exactly. Did they all form a pact to protect Terri? And did they all get these secret phones so Terri didn't stand out as being sneaky?

...ladies are involved in a murder/kidnapping plot? Or does it seem more likely that they believe that what they are doing is in support of an idealistic plan to save Kyron? Either Terri is a lying murderess who has hoodwinked a lot of ordinary good citizens, or there is something else here.

BBM

The fact that she purchased this at the Lloyd Center (Mall) is what stands out to me the most..
Adding the purchase under the false name just makes it more hinky..

map of Tualatin, Sheltered Nook & Lloyd Center

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...515008,-122.666473&spn=0.296867,0.617294&z=11

Thanks for mapping that they are an hour and 2 minutes apart. I wondered why they specifically mentioned the location of the purchase. She went out of her way to get this phone and used a fake name.

...ladies are involved in a murder/kidnapping plot? Or does it seem more likely that they believe that what they are doing is in support of an idealistic plan to save Kyron? Either Terri is a lying murderess who has hoodwinked a lot of ordinary good citizens, or there is something else here.

No, I don't think all of them are involved in the dirty work. I think Terri was very clear about what she wanted from each of them when they asked, "is there anything I can do? Anything at all?" I'm not sure about DS because of the time warp on the 4th, but the tele-trio, it appears, came onto the scene when Kaine left with the baby. Remember that raw video of the cars in front of her place that night? She barked something out the door to one of her friends and she scampered back in, as ordered. I think TH is no wallflower, and she alone had a plan and minions. JMO. I'll try to find that vid link.

The way I read it, the friends wanted to be able to place calls from TH's house, and they couldn't with their existing service. That is their excuse for getting bat phones. Remember, DeDe was staying with TH after Kaine left. Maybe the other friend was, too, or spending a lot of time there, anyway.

OK. So why do they need secret phones? Secret enough so fake names are used?

What are they talking about that LE can't hear? The reasons that Terri is innocent? No, I don't think so.

So what are the secret conversations about?

"they did so because they felt their regular phones were being monitored and they wanted to ensure some privacy."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Terris-friends-bought-cell-phones-using-fake-names-100163319.html

There is this criminal investigation going on. You feel your regular phones are being monitored........... so what are you trying to hide? IMO they admitted they didn't want LE listening in. Couple that with the false names and I have to wonder what is going on here?

I'm amazed so many people have done things which interfered with the investigation...... Amazed.

This friend bought two phones under an assumed name. Yet another person also bought two under the same assumed name at the same location? What is this some code name? How does this happen?

Thanks for mapping that they are an hour and 2 minutes apart. I wondered why they specifically mentioned the location of the purchase. She went out of her way to get this phone and used a fake name.

I'm not the best at maps but I want to clarify..

The google map shows the TOTAL distance between all areas..

The distance between Tualatin to Lloyd Center is about 24 mins per google,
but there are MANY MANY other locations in between where an AT&T phone could be purchased..

Being a local, that is just an odd place to go to buy a phone if you live on the West Side of the river.. kinda out of the way..

But for me the article that BeanE posted says it all, she admits what she did and that she used a false name...

What are they talking about that LE can't hear? The reasons that Terri is innocent? No, I don't think so.

I am going to play devil's advocate here and assume that Terri is innocent. In this case, I could see her wanting a phone KH didn't know about. What if she suspected KH, DY or TY are responsible and wanted to be able to speak about it without anyone knowing.

I was answering your question about why lack of coverage at TH's home would affect friends that she called. (Hope that makes sense. ;) ) I'm not making excuses for them, at all. No way. I've now done a 180 on this cell phone biz. I could understand a bat phone for TH after Kaine left. Various friends with secret phones and fake names? That's a whole different ball game.

I don't think these other women are involved in whatever crime has taken place with regards to Kyron...but for crying out loud, there is no good explanation for this business with the secret phones. I was all for Terri having access to a cell phone after Kaine left, but had no idea it would turn out to be a hen party-line...:(

I am going to play devil's advocate here and assume that Terri is innocent. In this case, I could see her wanting a phone KH didn't know about. What if she suspected KH, DY or TY are responsible and wanted to be able to speak about it without anyone knowing.

If she thought ANYONE else was responsible, she would be talking about it constantly and publicly to whomever would listen, including LE, no?

Okay - there's privacy, and then there's secretive behavior.

I can understand needing phones that can get a signal out there @ Sheltered Nook. But the friend admitted They also wanted some level of privacy with their conversations which they felt were being monitored by law enforcement, according to the KATU article.

I'm a big fan of privacy. I'm not a fan of secretive behavior.

It's not a good idea to be secretive like that in the middle of a missing child investigation. It only makes LE curious about your actions and invites scrutiny.

IMO, this friend has probably learned a hard lesson, and it's good she's cooperating with LE.

Snipped from the updated KATU article:

She said she has turned over cell phone records, her business line and all relevant e-mails to investigators that could help them in the case.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back