8/20 Ron takes plea, will testify in Haleighs trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The father of missing girl Haleigh Cummings pleaded guilty Friday morning to three of five drug trafficking charges against him..."

"Ronald Cummings could face a maximum of 90 years in prison."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24700021/detail.html

Deal or not, it's good enough that he won't be free for a long time, if ever. :behindbar MOO

I think the authorities have cleared Ronald as a suspect, and I also think he has an alabi. He was at work and I think the police and investigators have strong evidence to support that. I think he was allowed to get a plea deal because locking up a man whose child has been missing for 2 years and most likely deceased on some trumped up drug trafficking charges did not sit well with the people in charge.

In my opinion the reason the drug sting happened was to get the people in jail that the authorities believed to be responsible for Haleigh. It looks like Ronald is not one of those people. MOO

My theory [hope] is that LE have successfully suckered Ron and by agreeing to this plea deal LE hope that it will finally crack the tight bond between Misty and Ron and cause Misty to spill it.

While Misty has pled No Contest this is before she goes to sentencing so there is still a chance she may respond to this with a more truthful story.

We can all dream can't we?

But what is the plea deal for?? There is NO upcoming trial! There may NEVER be a trial! Who agreed to this garbage?? I really want to know! The DA?

I think the authorities have cleared Ronald as a suspect, and I also think he has an alabi. He was at work and I think the police and investigators have strong evidence to support that. I think he was allowed to get a plea deal because locking up a man whose child has been missing for 2 years and most likely deceased on some trumped up drug trafficking charges did not sit well with the people in charge.

In my opinion the reason the drug sting happened was to get the people in jail that the authorities believed to be responsible for Haleigh. It looks like Ronald is not one of those people. MOO
`

Nah, Ain't buying that and won't even take it for free..JMHOOTS

`

Nah, Ain't buying that and won't even take it for free..JMHOOTS

You don't frantically call and re-dial (80-90 times if I heard that correct on NG or JVM the other night) if you don't know a thing. You scream, "My God, who would have kidnapped my child" not "why did you let my daughter get stole biothch" (Unless you know she was stolen as a payback or collateral or something.)
JMHO, etc....

IMO - The physical distance and separation between Ronald and Jr. since Ronald's incarceration on drug charges is just that; PHYSICAL > Ronald's act(s) of parental abandonment occurred long before this actual physical separation. And, as far as I'm concerned, Jr. has a greater chance of survival with his reckless father behind bars!

He doesn't have to be hiding anything. He has a lawyer whose job is to get the best possible outcome for Ron, which would include putting the people who killed his daughter in jail and spending as little time in prison as possible. If LE was offering a plea deal, he would have been stupid to turn it down, given the potential 90-year sentence for selling a few hundred pills. Really, if LE has eliminated him as a suspect in Haleigh's murder, then I can't see a reason in the world for him to do life in prison. And as long as he testifies, and her killers go to prison and stay there, that's the best that we can hope for now. There is no contradiction between wanting justice for his daughter and allowing his lawyer to negotiate the best terms on the drug sentence (and perhaps immunity from prosecution if he has to discuss other crimes while testifying against Misty--e.g., other drug sales, etc.). Ron after all has TWO children. Why would we hope that he just abandons Junior and makes no attempt to salvage some opportunity to be a father to him? Ron has a responsibility to fight for as much of his own life as he can get. The great irony here is that, at last, Ron Cummings is working inside the system, taking his consequences, following the legal process, going to prison without complaint--and still that isn't enough. He's the only human in American who shouldn't take an offered plea deal because the public thinks he should pay for supposedly putting a rat in a mailbox? Marrying Misty? Who does life in prison for that kind of stuff?

Ron is not a suspect in Haleigh's murder. The people who are suspects are pointing the finger at each other. If he isn't a suspect, he's a victim, and I for one think he is already enduring the worst possible punishment for his immaturity, arrogance and bad choices. But whatever he did or didn't do, Ron did not invite people into his home to assault, kidnap and murder his daughter. That puts him into a very different category from those who attacked a little girl in her own bed and dumped her in a river or landfill or whatever story the Croslins are peddling today.

Pitts, in answer to the bolded sentences, and to bring me up to date, can you please name the people who are suspects?

I wonder if this means that Ron and Misty's lawyers have been having some lunch dates and discussing the best way to get them both out of charges for Haleigh. I don't think there was any hope for any of them on the drug counts. However, I do think it is interesting that we have all this information coming from everyones lawyers at this time in the sentencing phase.

Anyone else believe that there is a perhaps a plan to toss Joe and possibly Tommy to the wolves. I mean, we read today that Ron is having a hard time beliveing Joe did it....not that he dismisses the idea. Maybe he is sending Misty a message to go with the Joe did it story and he will back her up. That gets both of them out of the soup. Well, not really there still might be those pesky little charges of neglect, obstruction and drugs. But not murder. Anyway, this is still Putnam and a deal can always be worked out for those little dangling details.

It was talked about earlier today here that maybe Werter and Shoemaker had aces still to play......But what of Misty's lawyer? He claims to have a secret witness (oh how I wish I knew who it is). Maybe there is more at play here than we see. Perhaps, there is a push to secure the favorable testimony of Misty on both sides. If Tommy/Joe gets charged, they will need Misty to take their side. Same with Ron. Afterall, she is the key!
I am rambling and I apologize but I am trying to make a point. (I really am.) I just wonder if both Werter and Shoemaker are not courting Misty at this point. Her credibility is shot, but real testimony that could be proven such as phyiscal evidence would be accepted and clear whomever she chooses to point to at this point. I can think of a dozen ways she could collaborate either sides story. IF she has details that the cops are looking for.

I hope to hello that made some sense to someone.

BBM

gypsy gal, didn't you see the videos of the drug deals? Ron in the front seat, sneaking a pill into his mouth after the drugs exchanged hands?
Ron in the backseat counting pills, signaling to his cousin Hope? I would hardly call this "trumped up...charges."
I did see those videos, didn't I everyone?

Unable to get on WS all day has effectively cooled me off...... a little. So, the next hand to play is Misty's then.... correct?

Unable to get on WS all day has effectively cooled me off...... a little. So, the next hand to play is Misty's then.... correct?

I think so. Tommy can't say another syllable without incriminating himself further. Of course, he has his counsel to do that for him. Joe hasn't said anything. That makes him the most credible at this point. Ron is not going to incriminate himself. It is all in her court now I think.

It is her last chance to defend herself. She has to or she is gone for a looong time. If she doesn't, I don't think I will blame anyone but her. I think she implicates herself as the most likely culprit if she fails to come out swinging now.

I think so. Tommy can't say another syllable without incriminating himself further. Of course, he has his counsel to do that for him. Joe hasn't said anything. That makes him the most credible at this point. Ron is not going to incriminate himself. It is all in her court now I think.

It is her last chance to defend herself. She has to or she is gone for a looong time. If she doesn't, I don't think I will blame anyone but her. I think she implicates herself as the most likely culprit if she fails to come out swinging now.

What if the secret witness is Joe???!!!
I have a theory in my head I will post in the theory thread in a few after dinner.

What if the secret witness is Joe???!!!
I have a theory in my head I will post in the theory thread in a few after dinner.

Interesting! I will be waiting with bated breath and.....well I will wait. *L*:dance:

He doesn't have to be hiding anything. He has a lawyer whose job is to get the best possible outcome for Ron, which would include putting the people who killed his daughter in jail and spending as little time in prison as possible. If LE was offering a plea deal, he would have been stupid to turn it down, given the potential 90-year sentence for selling a few hundred pills. Really, if LE has eliminated him as a suspect in Haleigh's murder, then I can't see a reason in the world for him to do life in prison. And as long as he testifies, and her killers go to prison and stay there, that's the best that we can hope for now. There is no contradiction between wanting justice for his daughter and allowing his lawyer to negotiate the best terms on the drug sentence (and perhaps immunity from prosecution if he has to discuss other crimes while testifying against Misty--e.g., other drug sales, etc.). Ron after all has TWO children. Why would we hope that he just abandons Junior and makes no attempt to salvage some opportunity to be a father to him? Ron has a responsibility to fight for as much of his own life as he can get. The great irony here is that, at last, Ron Cummings is working inside the system, taking his consequences, following the legal process, going to prison without complaint--and still that isn't enough. He's the only human in American who shouldn't take an offered plea deal because the public thinks he should pay for supposedly putting a rat in a mailbox? Marrying Misty? Who does life in prison for that kind of stuff?

Ron is not a suspect in Haleigh's murder. The people who are suspects are pointing the finger at each other. If he isn't a suspect, he's a victim, and I for one think he is already enduring the worst possible punishment for his immaturity, arrogance and bad choices. But whatever he did or didn't do, Ron did not invite people into his home to assault, kidnap and murder his daughter. That puts him into a very different category from those who attacked a little girl in her own bed and dumped her in a river or landfill or whatever story the Croslins are peddling today.
this is in regards to your last paragraph...no, Ron is not a suspect, but neither is Misty, & neither is Joe-unless there has been some change in official statements, since last night. Tommy, as far as I know, is the only person who has been labeled a suspect, & Misty has been labeled a key. & although I'm no fan of Joe's, I have to come to his defense here, & point out that it isn't fair to glob him in as a suspect-since he was cleared, very early on. That has a witch hunt feel to it. But, even Nancy Grace said she'd put him on trial, based on Tommy's & Misty's accusations, so his being targeted, isn't exactly isolated. As for the suspects pointing their fingers at each other? I don't see it. One suspect, Tommy, is pointing a finger at a non suspect, (Joe), & one key is pointing a finger at a non suspect, (Joe). & their respective lawyers are pointing their fingers at a non suspect, (Joe). & as far as I can tell, no key or non suspects are pointing fingers at a suspect, (Tommy).

Oh I think Ron knew exactly what happened to Haleigh! I think she died on accidental overdose on one of the pills that they all were selling. I don't think he was directly involved but even though he was not home at the time the druggie in him wanted to cover *advertiser censored* anyway so he had Tommy, Joe, and Misty do the dirty work and get rid of her body. There are some people who think he had nothing to do with it because of his emotions well if it was accidental death b.c she swallowed on a pill OF COURSE he would be a hysterical mess. His baby girl died who wouldn't be if it's an accident?

My theory [hope] is that LE have successfully suckered Ron and by agreeing to this plea deal LE hope that it will finally crack the tight bond between Misty and Ron and cause Misty to spill it.

While Misty has pled No Contest this is before she goes to sentencing so there is still a chance she may respond to this with a more truthful story.

We can all dream can't we?

Cyber, that's what I was thinking too. I hope it tears that bond apart. Maybe it already has and Misty's lawyer knew what was coming. Maybe this sweet deal Ron is looking for, is going to be blown to he77, with that "surprise witness". At least that's what I want to happen.

So Ron has information on the timeline and Fields has a "surprise witness". Wonder who that could be?

Just hold on folks, I think this is about very very interesting...

BBM

gypsy gal, didn't you see the videos of the drug deals? Ron in the front seat, sneaking a pill into his mouth after the drugs exchanged hands?
Ron in the backseat counting pills, signaling to his cousin Hope? I would hardly call this "trumped up...charges."
I did see those videos, didn't I everyone?

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I watched the videos. I just think that the police could have arrested the people in the videos before they did, and i think the charges were the heaviest that could be given. I don't think that every drug addict who is selling 200 pills over the coarse of many undercover deals so they can have a few for themselves faces a lifetime in prison. Personally, I think jails should have murderers, pedophiles, and rapists in them not small time drug dealers.

That said, I am very happy that the police did the drug sting because my hope is that it leads to the truth about what happened to Haleigh.

BBm

absolutely. I hope this "surprise witness" do her some good. JMO of course.

this is exactly why I don't like these minimum mandatorys...they reward criminals for witholding information. These things prove that if you're gonna be a drug trafficker, then you need to be withholding IMPORTANT information in a child's murder. Too danged bad for the common 1 dimensional druggie, who just deals. So, Hope got 15 years for almost nothing, & I expect the same for Donna Brock. They should've taken a few lessons from Ron...& been holding on to some Haleigh information. I pity the fool who just tells what he knows, out of conscience, morals, or whatever. & cops wanna know why witnesses never talk??? are they serious??? that information might come in handy some day.

I predict he will get 25 yrs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back