8/20 Ron takes plea, will testify in Haleighs trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HH, I'm by no means certain but it is my opinion after 18 long months of trying to sort through illogical actions and statements. Up to this point, any and everything that RC has said and done in this case has been a free ride as to reprocussions from LE. It's not a crime to lie unless under oath, and with this plea deal he is now in the position of having no option other than to tell the complete truth.

Yesterday, Shoemaker said:

Until this deal was agreed to by the judge yesterday, it was not written in stone. What do you think the likelihood of LE having asked any of the "tough" questions beforehand? I believe LE knows much about this case. For the first time, Ronald Cummings is now in a position of having to be 100% truthful. Anything less for Mr. Cummings is a whole new ballgame.

The SA made a special point of standing and asking the judge that he be allowed to read the terms of this deal in open court. The words TRUTHFULLY and CONSECUTIVE spoke loudly.

Thanks, Papa. I appreciate your perspective....I hope to God you are right. I can't figure out what Ron has to offer, but his being 100% truthful kind of throws me for a loop. Unless he had GOOD knowledge, is saving his behind and/or giving himself up I just can't see Ron and truthful in the same sentence. I guess....I am just too jaded. I don't understand this plea at all but I am now well-versed in the judicial system.....IMO, something smells. JMO.

Even though he is taking a plea I seriously doubt Ron will ever see the light of day again.

If he is guilty, and my gut says he's involved, I think Ron skates. It's been his way for years. I think he is out within 12 years.... JMO and not a happy one either.

I hate to be stupid, but since we know there was a plea deal, then the information RC gave the SA is already in the hands of LE?? Is that correct? And if it is and is important to the case, will it help in arresting the murderer and why haven't they done so? I'm just trying to figure out if the information is already in the hands of the authorities and how soon will we see any action on it? TIA

I certainly enjoyed this post twall. Thanks for bringing forth the idea the state might be trying to trip up Ron. Anthing at this point is possible.

I believe the drug sentencing is small compared to what the state has in store for Ron concerning what happened to his daughter. Let Ron be sentenced to 2 minutes for his drug charges. After all, I'm hoping there is the possibility that within a day or two after he's sentenced that LE will bring charges on Haleigh's case on Ron and a several others.

The thing is, they now have Ron promising he will answer question under oath. This can only be a good thing when it comes to bringing justice to a little girl whose life ended way too soon. jmo

color & bbm

This is what I was attempting to say earlier and it didnt come out very articulately, but yes > this.

I can easily live with the idea of two minutes etc for any drug charges in exchange for justice for a little girl who cant speak for/defend herself.

moo

And if he cant be truthful under oath, well, I guess those pesky 25 year charges come back, and obstruction and who knows what else.

[Snipped]

So now I guess RON is the key? :banghead:

And what's with Shoemaker's statement that he thinks Ron has already told LE everything he knows? Then just what was worth 50 years to the SA?
Ron's sworn testimony in court. With few exceptions, nothing he tells LE is worth a hill of beans unless he's willing to repeat it under oath.

Maybe there are two different LE groups in play here. One, the ones that wanted to get RC, and one group that will do anything in their power to protect RC... something hinky in Putnam County...imho
Yep. That thought has occurred to me more than once. It's certainly possible. I've never given it serious consideration because it's so speculative. As it is, pondering the factual circumstances of this case drives me bats. :crazy:

Ron's sworn testimony in court. With few exceptions, nothing he tells LE is worth a hill of beans unless he's willing to repeat it under oath.

I agree with you on that....Ron is used to making up stories..and having folks agree to him....But this time, he will be under oath....we'll just have to see what he says and does.....Hopefully the truth will be revealed...

all in my own opinion...

Well, Ronald is now left with 3 charges. One of the charges carries a 3 year minimum, while the other two carry a 15 year minimum. I think the two 15 year sentences will be served concurrently, and the 3 year minimum charge will be consecutive. Total of 18 years, IMO. I just do not see how Judge LaRue could give Ronald any less than that.

LE has Ronald dead to rights in all of these charges. Ronald was certainly in charge of the deal when Misty was hollering, "Hey, Bebe! Hey, Bebe!" to him telling him the UC did not want to do the deal where they were.

One thing that has always hung in the back of my mind was when Hank, Sr. had reported his 300 pills (as I recall) stolen. I am thinking that Ronald is going to squeal on Hank, Sr. saying he wanted to sell those pills and Misty or Tommy handled it for him (Hank, Sr.). And Ronald is going to say that is how their whole little drug gang got started, and that he was ever so innocently sucked into it. Then later, Donna Brock helped to increase their inventory. IMO, this is just one thing Ronald can squeal on.

I did not hear Haleigh's name mentioned in court in relation to the deal. Everything concerning the deal being in relation to Haleigh's case came from the media, didn't it? At least I think it did. I do not think the deal concerns Haleigh's case. All I think Ronald is going to do is say that Hank, Sr. started this pill selling operation and Donna Brock got it further along. Ronald will give up a few other higher up dealers as well, IMO. I honestly don't think Ronald will give up anything in regard to Haleigh. I could certainly be wrong, tho.

I did listen closely to the video of Ronald in court and did not hear Haleigh referred to in any way by his lawyer, the SA, or the judge. Can someone show me a source other than the media that says Ronald's deal is in regard to Haleigh's case?

Ronald's lawyer just says outside the courthouse that Ronald could have to come back and testify in Haleigh's case. He did not say the plea deal was about that.

JMO and MOO

Well, Ronald is now left with 3 charges. One of the charges carries a 3 year minimum, while the other two carry a 15 year minimum. I think the two 15 year sentences will be served concurrently, and the 3 year minimum charge will be consecutive. Total of 18 years, IMO. I just do not see how Judge LaRue could give Ronald any less than that.

LE has Ronald dead to rights in all of these charges. Ronald was certainly in charge of the deal when Misty was hollering, "Hey, Bebe! Hey, Bebe!" to him telling him the UC did not want to do the deal where they were.

One thing that has always hung in the back of my mind was when Hank, Sr. had reported his 300 pills (as I recall) stolen. I am thinking that Ronald is going to squeal on Hank, Sr. saying he wanted to sell those pills and Misty or Tommy handled it for him (Hank, Sr.). And Ronald is going to say that is how their whole little drug gang got started, and that he was ever so innocently sucked into it. Then later, Donna Brock helped to increase their inventory. IMO, this is just one thing Ronald can squeal on.

I did not hear Haleigh's name mentioned in court in relation to the deal. Everything concerning the deal being in relation to Haleigh's case came from the media, didn't it? At least I think it did. I do not think the deal concerns Haleigh's case. All I think Ronald is going to do is say that Hank, Sr. started this pill selling operation and Donna Brock got it further along. Ronald will give up a few other higher up dealers as well, IMO. I honestly don't think Ronald will give up anything in regard to Haleigh. I could certainly be wrong, tho.

I did listen closely to the video of Ronald in court and did not hear Haleigh referred to in any way by his lawyer, the SA, or the judge. Can someone show me a source other than the media that says Ronald's deal is in regard to Haleigh's case?

Ronald's lawyer just says outside the courthouse that Ronald could have to come back and testify in Haleigh's case. He did not say the plea deal was about that.

JMO and MOO

The SA said he would be required to testify in "any lawful proceeding called upon", so that sounds like it is open ended. Anytime they need him to testify for any trial they want him to testify at would be fair game.

So.....once again.....Teflon Ron goes on without much sticking to him. What is with him?? He has so much luck he should have been buying lottery tickets instead of drugs. He for sure would have won every time.

The father of missing girl Haleigh Cummings pleaded guilty Friday morning to three of five drug trafficking charges against him in exchange for him agreeing to testify in any future criminal trial involving the disappearance of his daughter.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24700021/detail.html

I haven't read the thread so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but this rubs me the wrong way because it is implied that he wasn't going to testify in Haleigh's trial unless there were some perks for him. Why would the DA need to trade with the truly devastated father of a missing child to get him to testify in a criminal trial against whoever hurt his child? Wouldn't he be the first in line, eager and happy to do whatever it takes to get justice for his child?

Ronald Cummings' help and sensitivity to the fact he is Haleigh's father may have been factors in an agreement that will likely get him a 15-year prison sentence on three charges of trafficking in hydrocodone, said Terry Shoemaker, his attorney.
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-08-21/story/croslins-stories-add-clue-count-haleighs-case

This one as well. What, Ron? It took you a year and a half and a threat of 90 years in prison to become sensitive to the fact of being the father of a missing child???

TS is not helping his client's image in my eyes but I'm sure his client doesn't give a darn what I think.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24700021/detail.html

I haven't read the thread so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but this rubs me the wrong way because it is implied that he wasn't going to testify in Haleigh's trial unless there were some perks for him. Why would the DA need to trade with the truly devastated father of a missing child to get him to testify in a criminal trial against whoever hurt his child? Wouldn't he be the first in line, eager and happy to do whatever it takes to get justice for his child?

From above article:
Ronald Cummings' attorney said that if Haleigh's body is never found but police are able to make an arrest, testimony may be basis of a criminal prosecution. He said Ronald Cummings' relationships with each party is important in developing a timeline leading up to Haleigh's disappearance.

"If there ever was a trial in Haleigh's disappearance, they could ask him to come back and testify on the state's behalf," Shoemaker said.

bbm If Ron didn't give them enough info for charges to be filed, wth did he provide that got some charges dropped. I feel like I am asking the same question over and over but I don't understand how he can now contribute timeline info but NO charges are filed. Why isn't he facing obstruction charges. I really feel dumber after every article I read....and wish someone could simplify this plea for me ala Idiots Guide to Plea deals..:banghead:

I think all parties involved are trying to baffle us with bullchit.

Shoemaker called Cummings "collateral damage" and not the target in the trafficking case that also ended with the arrests of Cummings' ex-wife, Misty Croslin, 18, and her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 24, who was sentenced to 15 years after selling prescription drugs to an undercover officer. In all, five people were arrested.

So, he is saying that they were targeting MC & ToC. Does he want us to believe that RC was working undercover? If so, then he'd have to prove that by LE or the DEA saying that RC helped to set up MC & ToC and he'd automatically get a reduced or no sentence and be placed in protective custody. In my eyes he wasn't and isn't "collateral damage", he was a drug dealing buyer, seller and user before, during and after Haleigh came up missing. I don't care what colors he uses to paint the pretty picture of RC I'm not buying it and hanging it on my wall. I guess that he also wants us to believe that RC spit out that pill that he popped in his mouth in one of his sting videos. I meant toothpick...did I say pill? RIGHT!!
Why would he have to make a deal to testify in a future case for his daughter? Wouldn't one give this information freely? Oh, what was I thinking? This is the guy that used the disappearance of his daughter as an excuse to marry his underage girlfriend that loved him so much that the weekend prior to his daughter's disappearance she was out drugging, and having sex with a man that she just met. Isn't he the same guy that used monies donated in his daughter's behalf to get tattoo's. What was his response to reporters that were asking about his daughter? Oh, yeah, why couldn't people leave him alone, that he couldn't do want he wanted to do and to get out of his face. That's the same guy that threaten Geraldo that he was going to call the law and have someone arrested. He's the same guy that when served with the bill for a meal at a restaurant said, don't you know who I am? He thought that he should get it free because his daughter was missing. He used Haleigh for an excuse to continue his drug use and dealing and a reason to not find a job. I could think of a whole hand full of terms to describe RC and "collateral damage" is not one of them. :twocents:

Shoemaker called Cummings "collateral damage" and not the target in the trafficking case that also ended with the arrests of Cummings' ex-wife, Misty Croslin, 18, and her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 24, who was sentenced to 15 years after selling prescription drugs to an undercover officer. In all, five people were arrested.

So, he is saying that they were targeting MC & ToC. Does he want us to believe that RC was working undercover? If so, then he'd have to prove that by LE or the DEA saying that RC helped to set up MC & ToC and he'd automatically get a reduced or no sentence and be placed in protective custody. In my eyes he wasn't and isn't "collateral damage", he was a drug dealing buyer, seller and user before, during and after Haleigh came up missing. I don't care what colors he uses to paint the pretty picture of RC I'm not buying it and hanging it on my wall. I guess that he also wants us to believe that RC spit out that pill that he popped in his mouth in one of his sting videos. I meant toothpick...did I say pill? RIGHT!!
Why would he have to make a deal to testify in a future case for his daughter? Wouldn't one give this information freely? Oh, what was I thinking? This is the guy that used the disappearance of his daughter as an excuse to marry his underage girlfriend that loved him so much that the weekend prior to his daughter's disappearance she was out drugging, and having sex with a man that she just met. Isn't he the same guy that used monies donated in his daughter's behalf to get tattoo's. What was his response to reporters that were asking about his daughter? Oh, yeah, why couldn't people leave him alone, that he couldn't do want he wanted to do and to get out of his face. That's the same guy that threaten Geraldo that he was going to call the law and have someone arrested. He's the same guy that when served with the bill for a meal at a restaurant said, don't you know who I am? He thought that he should get it free because his daughter was missing. He used Haleigh for an excuse to continue his drug use and dealing and a reason to not find a job. I could think of a whole hand full of terms to describe RC and "collateral damage" is not one of them. :twocents:

You are quite the artist justin time. You have painted an excellent picture of Ron using your words. Thanks for pointing out how Ron Cummings post kidnapping actions shows a father who is more concerned with his own life and comforts than the fate of his missing daughter. It's a post worth reading.
jmo

It's the new dawn of Politically Correct.

"Young man, what are you in this court for?"
"Because they've got proof I was drug trafficking, your honor."
"So you're a drug trafficker."
"No, no, your honor, that is insulting. I would prefer to be called 'collateral damage'."

So, he is saying that they were targeting MC & ToC. Does he want us to believe that RC was working undercover? ~SNIP~

I think by "Collateral damage" Shoemaker meant that the LE sting focus was targeting Misty and Tommy, and not Ron. There was no implication that Ron was working undercover.

Collateral damage is damage that is unintended or incidental to the intended outcome.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking
Back