A makeshift chair, shovel, and rope

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good eyes TakeNote, completely missed it by just staring at the sticks. I to have felt that Ron has not been truthful with the media, in regards to his past charges. It seems LE told him to zip it and he has... Of course, i could be totaly wrong.

I hope LE has the answers to this chair and some ideas of what the heck is going on in Putnam.

All I know is that Misty's cousin from Tennessee supposedly had a fight with Ronald. It was supposedly over the cousin having stolen a gun from him.

Ronald has since denied that he had a fight with Misty's cousin. I, too, want to know where this ditch is and the details about the gun. Heck, I don't even remember where I heard about the fight and stolen gun!!!

A link to the article via my blog:
http://prairiechicken.blogspot.com/2009/02/haleighs-father-reportedly-had-fight.html

Been reading alot here after hearing of these forums on FCN's website.
Also being a south Putnam county resident. I do know persons on both sides of these families, I am not however acquainted with RC or CS.

My thoughts on the chair.
RC has several wildlife violation arrests. Possible that this chair was made by him, or another "hunter" as the woods in that area are well known to be used by poachers, especially if it was found in the block north of the RR tracks and west of Buffalo Bluff rd. IMO of course.
The "antenna" on the chair looks to me to be nothing more than male end of a extension cord. the "para cord" looks to me as nore more than an el cheapo nylon ratchet strap such as found in the bargain bins of the local hardwares.

Regardless of anything said or being done whats important is Haleigh is found and if the worst is to become known the person responsible is brought to justice. God bless Haleigh

Also being a south Putnam county resident. I do know persons on both sides of these families, I am not however acquainted with RC or CS.

RC has several wildlife violation arrests. Possible that this chair was made by him, or another "hunter" as the woods in that area are well known to be used by poachers, especially if it was found in the block north of the RR tracks and west of Buffalo Bluff rd. IMO of course.
The "antenna" on the chair looks to me to be nothing more than male end of a extension cord. the "para cord" looks to me as nore more than an el cheapo nylon ratchet strap such as found in the bargain bins of the local hardwares.

Regardless of anything said or being done whats important is Haleigh is found and if the worst is to become known the person responsible is brought to justice. God bless Haleigh

Thank You wam, for posting this information. and Welcome to Websleuths, i am sorry that you found us under these circumstances. i think you will find it to be a community of smart, knowledgeable, caring, funny people wanting to help. You have helped me greatly in your very first post. Thank-you again, this chair has been bothering some of us and your knowledge of the area and local practices is a great help.

We will keep praying Haleigh is found and the person responsible brought to Justice. for their actions upon this beautiful child.

Amen to that, wam. And welcome to WS.

I need to go back and look at that photo now, because that "antenna" thing has been bugging me for a while. [btw - did you know about the chair-thing before seeing it here? I'm local and I have yet to hear a word about it from anybody. I don't doubt its authenticity, btw. Just curious as to why we have been kept so in the dark. And that thing just looks weird to me.]

I thought it looked like walkie-talkie too.

I noticed the chair is fairly new........look at branches, no foliage growing THROUGH it, bend over still fresh foliage in photo. My hubby (USMC)
thinks it is a holder of some kind, that someone thought they would come back for? Strap over top? I thought walkie talkie with antenna.....than
looked closer and it does look like a strap.

Do we know if chair was taken in for evidence?

Hi passionflower,

imo Nope, we do not know if it is in evidence. It was brought up and discussed a few weeks ago and i thought someone said it was, i could not find any verification of that as fact. Does not mean it's not out there... Was able to find an article regarding "items of interest" found during the TES search.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-haleigh-021409,0,2016229.story

Here is an article stating that "items of interest" found are not related to Haleigh's disapperance.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18717442/detail.html

Two more things and then i will leave the chair alone.

#1 LE is not saying Anything about evidence
#2 Three cadaver dogs hit and it is being silenced.

Don't know what to think...Not evidence, LE being tight lipped and it is evidence or Poor reporting...

Okay here is what bothers me about this chair...who took this pic? If LE found it wouldn't they have taken the pic and then removed it to process for evidence. I think I remember that this was one of the things of interest they found. So if they took the chair for evidence then who took this pic? As tight lipped as LE has been I know they didn't release an evidence pic...but I could be wrong. Where is the pic of the "lean to"? Also, I doubt the searchers were allowed to take pics for their own personal use. Do my questions make sense to anyone else?

Another thought to add to my post...Is this pic the actual chair or a pic used to explain what one of these chairs would look like? I'll have to go look at the pic on the media thread. Thanks for humoring me and my crazy thoughts.:)

Another thought to add to my post...Is this pic the actual chair or a pic used to explain what one of these chairs would look like? I'll have to go look at the pic on the media thread. Thanks for humoring me and my crazy thoughts.:)
The photo is not in the Media thread, it's in the Photo thread here

The photo is not in the Media thread, it's in the Photo thread here

Thanks Tom's Girl! I looked at it and the article that it was found on. I posted to ask the author of the article if it is a pic of the actual chair or just a chair like that one. I did notice the article said that volunteer searchers found it but still don't know if they were given any rules by LE like take pictures but turn them over to LE. I will update if I hear back.

The chair doesn't look very comfortable, or very large.
The person who made/used it may have been small in stature?
yes, no?
It doesn't look very old, actually looks quite recently made.
Does this chair have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance?

imo, a homeless person would leave the chair, but remove the man made materials.
A hunter would just leave it there, and imo a perp would also just leave it there.

Been almost 10 months since you posted this yosande but I was going back over all the 'old' info and saw this.

To me, a hunter would never take into the woods, much else leave, anything with their scent. Not if deer hunting anyway. Right?

A homeless person IF they have a shovel and chair are going to covet, protect and hide those possessions.
I would think 'things' are hard to come by if you're living in the woods.

A perp would though, if watching the house, because when he strikes, he doesn't care about the chair any longer.

Where the chair was, which way it was pointing and it's proximity to Haleigh's house??? THAT'S what I want to know.

Maybe it's just my thought process. :waitasec:

I wonder if that is where rc would take the children for a spanking...so neighbors could not hear the cries. IIRC, rc himself, said he was a strict disciplinarian....like he had any right to be...Grrrrrr.

I just wanted to add something. Please everybody note that this is only speculation. I'm not an expert on this subject. I do find it incredibly odd that a makeshift lean-to was also there...along with the stick chair. For those of you that don't know what a "makeshift" lean-to is, it's temporary shelter made out of materials that are readily available in whatever locale you are at. In other words, if you were stranded on a desert tropical island, you might be able to make a shelter out of palm tree leaves, bark, hardened sand, and crushed shells, some sticks too. Yes, hunters, as well as fishermen, make these. Fish are aplenty in those parts of Florida, actually pretty much everywhere in Florida, so wouldn't there be fish remnants if this was made by a fisherman? It might be important to note that homeless people make these things. There's nothing more frightening to me than a homeless sex offender. Just something to think about. I still think it was used by the perp that took Haleigh...but I hope I'm wrong. God I hope I'm wrong.

Jersey Girl I definitely understand you're having to take a break from the Haleigh case. I've had to take a few myself. I've also been curious about the chair. I remember reading that the chair was located in the woods behind Ron's house. I would like to reread this as well and to really understand exactly how far away from the MH it really is. When I first saw the photo of the chair I thought about a deer hunter building and utilizing this chair to wait for deer, kinda like an on the ground deer stand but just from the location it would appear to be too close to residences for any hunting of deer. The strapping does appear to be rather new. I'm surprised that we have not heard from the locals about this chair. Kids in the neighborhood
should know all about this chair, I know I would know about it if I were a kid in that area. ( I was a tomboy and stayed in the woods most of my early life). LFlorida may know more about the chair. She is a wealth of information about the area. Maybe she will read your posts and offer up her knowledge.

Amen to that, wam. And welcome to WS.

I need to go back and look at that photo now, because that "antenna" thing has been bugging me for a while. [btw - did you know about the chair-thing before seeing it here? I'm local and I have yet to hear a word about it from anybody. I don't doubt its authenticity, btw. Just curious as to why we have been kept so in the dark. And that thing just looks weird to me.]

Oh LFlorida, I was reading backwards and recommended you for your knowledge about this case and the area. I'm surprised that you haven't heard anything about this chair. That is strange. This information came out very early in the case. It does look weird.

Need a little help here since I can not upload pic's for what ever reason. Anyone that can add some pic's to compare would be a great help. TIA

I wonder if this is the screen door to the MH where Haleigh went missing? If so, was that rope on the door Feb 10, 2009 and was it taken by LE?
Or is this rope from Lindsey and Tommy's MH?
Could there be a connection to this rope and the one found around Feb 17, 2009? What reason would someone put a rope on a screen door? Was it used to hold the door open?

Remember the make shift chair that was also found in the woods with other items, including a length of rope? Could the rope be compared to the one on this screen door?

Watch the video and you will see the rope around the handle of the screen door.

VIDEO: Fox 35's Kelly Joyce Talks to Lindsey Croslin http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5177781.php?

Posted: Wednesday, 09 September 2009

'Snip"TJ Hart-WSKY

Notice the rope on that screen door in the video?

Now read below regarding the Rope that was found along with other items. At one time there was a thread regarding these items, but I have not be able to find it.

February 17, 2009
"Snip" http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal...w-leads-in-abduction-of-haleigh-cummings.html

Volunteers found one area of interest in the woods where someone had constructed a makeshift lean-to and furniture out of tree branches. A shovel and length of rope were found at the location; however it remains unclear if any of the items are of relevance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o6QXOGbCXE

That chair was the only thing outside of the immediate players that gave me pause. I could actually visualize a perverted teenager spying on Misty & Haleigh from the woods. There are a lot of young killers out there-probably more than we realize-who would see an opportunity & seize it. But, I would think that the chair was one of the 1st things thoroughly investigated, & I'm guessing that it was deemed irrelevant? But seriously, that thing gave me the creeps & I can't even guess what it was used for.

If I recall that chair at all, it was made with straps, not rope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back