A makeshift chair, shovel, and rope

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that the rope is on a door at the Croslin's house, a little later in the video they show Lindsy standing in front of a (their?) house, and it looks more like the door with the rope, tho I can't see a rope in the shot with Lindsy.

Maybe the rope was just there to make coming and going easier, the video was around the time they had their garage sale, maybe they were going in and out with all their stuff.

I believe you are right Maven. I've been out cruising around on Google and have only seen one shot of the screen door on the side of the house and it is black. Black frame, everything black. Can't see close enough to see if there is a rope or not but, I believe the screenshot of the door with the rope is not the same door that was on the mobile home.

Here is a good picture of the back door and brick.

thisdoor.jpg

I could swear I have seen a picture just like that with a rope on the handle.

I could swear I have seen a picture just like that with a rope on the handle.

Been to my friend's house? LOL Her screen latch is broken so she has a piece of thin rope through it to keep it from latching and it acts as a sort of handle. This may just be another case of southern repair work, too.

Been to my friend's house? LOL Her screen latch is broken so she has a piece of thin rope through it to keep it from latching and it acts as a sort of handle. This may just be another case of southern repair work, too.

When I saw the picture and it had a rope on the handle i figured it was for someone in a wheel chair, they could just hook the door back on the hand rail so it would stay open.

Made me wonder why they needed the brick.

Can I just say that the people on this and the other new/renewed threads are doing a great job of researching and submitting information? I am really impressed by you all. It's like the thread has gotten a second wind or something.

DITTO....I was thinking the very same thing while reading this thread.

MADJG....way to make a connection. I agree with the others who think the rope is on Tyler Street door, but still, wouldn't it be something else if by chance it did match. I know LE said the rope found in the woods was not related to Haleigh but I wondered how they came to that conclusion so quickly. Still, another thing to make me go hmmm...

nice catch with the rope.....:)

Here is a good picture of the back door and brick.

thisdoor.jpg
ropeondoor.jpg

Pic of storm door with rope posted earlier copied into same post to make comparisons easier. I believe as others posted, two different doors and possibly two different homes altogether. I'm leaning towards top photo, Ron's home, bottom copied photo Lindsay and Tommy's home with pic of storm door with rope attached. Makes sense with the yard sale to have tied to open or closed, even possibly due to them having 3 very small young children at home. Still gives me the willy creepies though. Sumpteen about that tie up, roping, makes me cringe even it being at Tommy's trailer, ugh! Seems this is a mode of operanti during the course of their daily lives then the door situation that questionable night in comparison to the storm door being propped the night of Haleigh's disappearance too!

ropeondoor.jpg

Pic of storm door with rope posted earlier copied into same post to make comparisons easier. I believe as others posted, two different doors and possibly two different homes altogether. I'm leaning towards top photo, Ron's home, bottom copied photo Lindsay and Tommy's home with pic of storm door with rope attached. Makes sense with the yard sale to have tied to open or closed, even possibly due to them having 3 very small young children at home. Still gives me the willy creepies though. Sumpteen about that tie up, roping, makes me cringe even it being at Tommy's trailer, ugh! Seems this is a mode of operanti during the course of their daily lives then the door situation that questionable night in comparison to the storm door being propped the night of Haleigh's disappearance too!

Thank You so much!:blowkiss: I wish I knew how to add pic's I would add it to the thread. Great photos and comparison. I agree the door with the rope is not the back screen door from Ron's old MH. I now wonder if it is from Timmy's or Tommy's MH. I also wonder what reason the media had to show a pic of the door with the rope. Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but I just kind of wonder with that rope that was found in the woods if there was a possible match. I sure hope LE followed the rope trail.

I haven't seen the shovel mentioned in this thread- Did LE take it for testing? Thanks.
Also if there was a huge pile of bricks that noone had noticed before, have they moved the whole pile of them- maybe see whats going on under them? I would think that shovel was used for getting dirt for those marijuana plants they found but who knows. Anyone own up to having that shovel?

What was the original date on that video? I know it was said that the rope might have held the door while moving but didn't they just move out ( completely)not too long ago?

Love, was the brick pile that you refer to the brick pile that was out back of 202 Gr Lane? I never noticed bricks out back of Tyler, but if there were that would be interesting too. No-one seems to want to claim any bricks round those parts.

I haven't seen the shovel mentioned in this thread- Did LE take it for testing? Thanks.
Also if there was a huge pile of bricks that noone had noticed before, have they moved the whole pile of them- maybe see whats going on under them? I would think that shovel was used for getting dirt for those marijuana plants they found but who knows. Anyone own up to having that shovel?

As far as I know nothing was ever mentioned about the items found. It seems that every time LE found something of interest they would come back later and say the items were of no interest, which I always felt was odd. LE admitted to making mistakes in this investigation (You can read it in the PC presser thread). I understand making mistakes, I don't understand every time something is found LE changes their tune and says it has nothing to do with the Haleigh investigation.
I don't understand why certain searches were done in such an odd manner. Like the dumpter search, 3 dogs hit on it, yet LE didn't put the dogs in there to see if they would hit on something inside. Not the way it looked to me anyway while watching tid bits of the search that day via internet. I to wonder what ever happen to all the items that were found out there and how far that location is from the MH.

I would also like to see if the door with the rope in the video matches a door at any of the Cummings/Croslins home, looks as it the MH in that picture is tan?

February 17, 2009
"Snip" http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...-cummings.html

Volunteers found one area of interest in the woods where someone had constructed a makeshift lean-to and furniture out of tree branches. A shovel and length of rope were found at the location; however it remains unclear if any of the items are of relevance.

What was the original date on that video? I know it was said that the rope might have held the door while moving but didn't they just move out ( completely)not too long ago?

Love, was the brick pile that you refer to the brick pile that was out back of 202 Gr Lane? I never noticed bricks out back of Tyler, but if there were that would be interesting too. No-one seems to want to claim any bricks round those parts.

Ron moved out early on, but the door dose not match.
Timmy and Chelsea moved next.
Tommy and Lindsey were to move as well, not sure what happen last year if they did move or not because it seems Lindsey just moved last month to a relatives home.

The date on the video was back from Sept 2009.

VIDEO: Fox 35's Kelly Joyce Talks to Lindsey Croslin http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5177781.php?

Posted: Wednesday, 09 September 2009

As far as I know nothing was ever mentioned about the items found. It seems that every time LE found something of interest they would come back later and say the items were of no interest, which I always felt was odd. LE admitted to making mistakes in this investigation (You can read it in the PC presser thread). I understand making mistakes, I don't understand every time something is found LE changes their tune and says it has nothing to do with the Haleigh investigation.
I don't understand why certain searches were done in such an odd manner. Like the dumpter search, 3 dogs hit on it, yet LE didn't put the dogs in there to see if they would hit on something inside. Not the way it looked to me anyway while watching tid bits of the search that day via internet. I to wonder what ever happen to all the items that were found out there and how far that location is from the MH.

I would also like to see if the door with the rope in the video matches a door at any of the Cummings/Croslins home, looks as it the MH in that picture is tan?

February 17, 2009
"Snip" http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...-cummings.html

Volunteers found one area of interest in the woods where someone had constructed a makeshift lean-to and furniture out of tree branches. A shovel and length of rope were found at the location; however it remains unclear if any of the items are of relevance.

BBM That looks like the front screened in porch of ron home. It screen to the left of the door!

Just went back and watched the video. That rope on the door is the front screen porch door.

That really looks like a homemande backpack for carrying animals out of the woods with.

We used to use very similar things for carrying out elk quarters.

Hubby said same thing when he saw a pic of the homemade "chair" last year Dr, said his Granddaddy had something similar.

Can I just say that the people on this and the other new/renewed threads are doing a great job of researching and submitting information? I am really impressed by you all. It's like the thread has gotten a second wind or something.

Ain't that the truth Grace? I have soooo much work to do. I'm trying to be "strict" with myself and not visit here until I stop for the night (usually around midnight this time of year) but my addiction to this case is being fed by these renewed threads/research going on by all the wonderful folks on this board! YOU included, Grace! (I always want to call you "Gracie" 'cos I have a female "mentor" named Grace, whom I lovingly call "Gracie." Your sweet nature has always reminded me of her). :angel:

It is very odd LE ruled out all of these mentioned items of possible evidence so quickly in this investigation. Honestly, thinking rationally, you have to send evidence to a lab, gather, label ship and wait for testing and results. The ropes found would be sent to I believe totally different type of experts in the field, and they do know their work. We can all surmise there's just absolutely no way that LE could have reasonably ruled out these items in the time frame it was done. No way. So possibly their holding back information concerning evidence in order to not jepordize the investigation or alert the guilty ones.

That makeshift seat/carrier gives me the creeps. The woods right behind the trailer made for a perfect spot to spy and stalk. That's very bothersome to me. I understand about the hunting carrier to haul out large hunting game, but honestly, there again we've heard of no one hunting or such in those small area of woods to begin with. Not one neighbor, local, LE ever mentioned to my knowledge this area was used even occassionally nor regularly by hunters. Too close to residences to be typical hunting grounds.

I didn't know there was marijuana plants found there as the poster earlier up stated. Shocked over that tidbit too.

Indiana At Heart, are you sure it's the front screen porch door at ron's trailer? Or were you referring to Lindsays and or Chelsea and Timmy's? These pics clearly depict different colored siding, along with the different coloring of the metal used in the storm doors. Silver versus black. But this is very interesting for sure.

It is very odd LE ruled out all of these mentioned items of possible evidence so quickly in this investigation. Honestly, thinking rationally, you have to send evidence to a lab, gather, label ship and wait for testing and results. The ropes found would be sent to I believe totally different type of experts in the field, and they do know their work. We can all surmise there's just absolutely no way that LE could have reasonably ruled out these items in the time frame it was done. No way. So possibly their holding back information concerning evidence in order to not jepordize the investigation or alert the guilty ones.

That makeshift seat/carrier gives me the creeps. The woods right behind the trailer made for a perfect spot to spy and stalk. That's very bothersome to me. I understand about the hunting carrier to haul out large hunting game, but honestly, there again we've heard of no one hunting or such in those small area of woods to begin with. Not one neighbor, local, LE ever mentioned to my knowledge this area was used even occassionally nor regularly by hunters. Too close to residences to be typical hunting grounds.

I didn't know there was marijuana plants found there as the poster earlier up stated. Shocked over that tidbit too.

Indiana At Heart, are you sure it's the front screen porch door at ron's trailer? Or were you referring to Lindsays and or Chelsea and Timmy's? These pics clearly depict different colored siding, along with the different coloring of the metal used in the storm doors. Silver versus black. But this is very interesting for sure.

Did we ever hear where that chair-thing was found? I've long wondered about that part.

iirc, the only place it was reported was that discovery blog thing. Anybody know how credible the writer is? [Not doubting him/her, just curious since MSM never showed that photo, nor did LE - which I would expect them to do unless they found out exactly who put it there and determined it was not related.]

blah-blah-blah-blah. Sorry I'm so inconcise tonight. Stream-of-consciousness posting, I guess.

etask - is it stream of conscience? Oh, hail, I can't even spell tonite... dunno why I'm trying to think or write.

Did we ever hear where that chair-thing was found? I've long wondered about that part.

iirc, the only place it was reported was that discovery blog thing. Anybody know how credible the writer is? [Not doubting him/her, just curious since MSM never showed that photo, nor did LE - which I would expect them to do unless they found out exactly who put it there and determined it was not related.]

blah-blah-blah-blah. Sorry I'm so inconcise tonight. Stream-of-consciousness posting, I guess.

etask - is it stream of conscience? Oh, hail, I can't even spell tonite... dunno why I'm trying to think or write.

BBM :)

FOR HALEIGH :hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee