A message to us from Rosemont Farms

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a city girl (hopefully to change in the next few years to a farmgirl), and I am proud to say I knew pigs were omnivores. I knew that because I read the second book by the author of Silence of the Lambs - where one of the bad guys uses hogs to get rid of a body. LOL. But that's the only way I knew it...

Glad to have you here, and like I said, if I were closer, I'd be shopping at your farm.

Best-
Herding Cats

Dear Heather-

I hope this eases some of the pressure you have been feeling. Good Luck riding out this case and I appreciate you trusting us enough to post your side.

Peace,
Believe09

I really respect Heather for coming forward to clear the air about any misconceptions about her family farm. I would have had LOADS more respect for Terri Horman had she done the same thing.

I think sometimes the public's imagination can go a little wild with speculation, and theories are placed on anyone they can find to place some blame on. That's why I also respect Websleuths for not allowing rumors to run rampant.

Unfortunately, I don't think people running wild with speculation and theories often think about the affect it has on people who are actually innocent bystanders. To assume that someone was taking part in the disappearance and/or murder of a child based on the fact that someone has twittered (or been in contact) with the person(s) of interest is not fair. I sincerely wish them nothing but the best for their farm and I'm very sorry to hear of their hardships from this case.

Okay, I had NO IDEA about any connection to any farm. Not really following every single detail of the case lately. But when I read this, my jaw dropped.

People on other forums really thought that this woman and her family farm helped DeDe and Terri feed Kyron to pigs???? You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. That is ridiculous. Not that people aren't capable of feeding dead humans to pigs, but that this RANDOM farm that had a small, past correspondence with DeDe, did. I mean, if DeDe actually worked there, than that would make somewhat more sense.

Come on people. Try and calm down!

Heather, I feel terrible for you. G-d willing, there are plenty of people that are like me, that know/knew nothing of your connection or rumors AND read your explanations. Wishing you all the best.

Respectfully to Rosemont Farms, there are an awful lot of people here on Websleuths who had NO idea you were being implicated in any way (imo).

That tells me that at least on the more thoughtful forums (such as this one) your name is not being dragged through the mud (or anything actually).

Unfortunately, no one can police the "wild, wild web", and there will always be people who come up with wild theories that we cannot control.

If I were in your situation, I'd take another poster's advice, and do some advertising. I'd also take the high road and just ignore the gossip. For every person who won't come to your farm due to silly rumours, there will be others who come because of the rumours. Either out of curiousity, or just to support you.

Horrified that you were even brought into this horrible mess (though I, also, completely missed the connection)...and deeply grateful for the reminder about posting info regarding innocent people. Best wishes.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so very sorry to hear that these vicious and completely baseless rumors have been thoughtlessly created, spread and in turn affected your entire family and the generations worth of blood, sweat and tears that you all have put into running your farm.

The very thing that you all used in a positive way of advertising has been twisted and turned into speculation, then innuendo, and ending in bold faced lies that have negatively impacted you. For this I too am sorry that your family and business are having to deal with..

I hope that your words of truth continue getting out there and to the ears and eyes of those who have said and spread these hurtful lies may your words set them in the way of truth to no longer take part in spreading and further breeding the negativity that the hateful thrive on...

You and your family will be in my and my family prayers and may the Lord turn this into years of prosperity for you all..

Stay strong and a wonderful family such as yours will only grow stronger, more fruitful, and all the more wise for this heartache you are presently enduring..

You said it perfectly!! I will be praying also that you and your family and farm will prosper through the Lord's compassionate nature! Jesus is the Miracle Maker! Have faith and you will be blessed! Thanks for setting everyone straight!

Respectfully to Rosemont Farms, there are an awful lot of people here on Websleuths who had NO idea you were being implicated in any way (imo).

That tells me that at least on the more thoughtful forums (such as this one) your name is not being dragged through the mud (or anything actually).

Unfortunately, no one can police the "wild, wild web", and there will always be people who come up with wild theories that we cannot control.

If I were in your situation, I'd take another poster's advice, and do some advertising. I'd also take the high road and just ignore the gossip. For every person who won't come to your farm due to silly rumours, there will be others who come because of the rumours. Either out of curiousity, or just to support you.

It's awfully hard to *ignore the rumors* when your name and address and videos of your son are plastered all over message boards in association with a missing child. Try it once and see...

Think about it, do you really want your physical home address publicized in a case like this? Really? Let's start a thread with all of our addresses and see how fun it is!

Sorry to be snarky, but it was VERY SCARY. You can't understand until it happens to you, trust me.

:furious:

I wish you the best.

I was only giving you the side that I, (and many others) saw. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone here was incriminating you.

I'm sure it is very scary and frustrating for you.

Hopefully, the guilty party will soon be brought to justice, the truth brought to light, and everyone can go back to normal. Especially Kyron and his family.

I wish you the best.

I was only giving you the side that I, (and many others) saw. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone here was incriminating you.

I'm sure it is very scary and frustrating for you.

Hopefully, the guilty party will soon be brought to justice, the truth brought to light, and everyone can go back to normal. Especially Kyron and his family.

No worries on my part!

I think sadly though that there will never be 'normal' again for much of Kyron's family. Even if he is found safe it will take a lot of undoing to fix the fact that he was taken from his loving family for so long. The other outcome is too awful to mention.

Jasmine, I just wanted to personally let you know that I am very sorry. I may have contributed to the rumors, but I swear it was not meant maliciously.
The night De-de twitter was posted I was going through reading her posts and saw a post from your farm, clicked on it and it took me to your twitter I started reading your page. Then some days later reading through the comment section of one of the news story a person who was continously defending Terri made a comment about having a craving for bacon, and I remembered your website. I spoke about how weird it was all the connection to pigs and bacon, and how it reminded me of an episode of Criminal Minds were a man was killing people and feeding them to his pigs, and how pigs would eat anything and not leave much left. I promise you I in NO way meant to hurt you, your family or your business, alot of times my mind goes crazy putting things together, after following so many of these cases. I am totally guilty of contributing to this, and I am deeply sorry for my part in this. If there is anything I can do PLEASE let me know and Please except my apology.

PS. My oldest daughter's name is Jasmine:)

My 15 year old yellow lab is Jasmine :)

As for the bacon remark, I can understand where it came from (thank you Robert Pickton) but hurts to be on the other side of it.

Apology accepted and appreciated! :blowkiss:

Yikes-these poor people. God forbid any of us get drug into something like this-your whole life will be dug up. I hope they can keep their business profitable.

:(

Heather-you are a person that shows your true colors from the second you heard that your farm was being mentioned.

You went right to LE and told them to do what it takes. I saw your interview with LE on the news.

And now, you continue to advocate for Kyron.

I hope everyone who needs anything from your farm type services goes to your business.

Honestly,integrity, empathy-what other things can I say?

I am so impressed with you. You put others first.

What exactly does Rosemount farms do? Do you have mail order stuff because the US should be using your products , if you do.

I like to patronize businesses where I know the owners are upfront people such as yourself.

Thanks for being you.

BTW-I live a looooong way from Heather, have do not know her in case people think I do and am saying this stuff because of that.

I saw her on TV and saw what she stands for in life.

Actions speak louder than words.

It's awfully hard to *ignore the rumors* when your name and address and videos of your son are plastered all over message boards in association with a missing child. Try it once and see...

Think about it, do you really want your physical home address publicized in a case like this? Really? Let's start a thread with all of our addresses and see how fun it is!

Sorry to be snarky, but it was VERY SCARY. You can't understand until it happens to you, trust me.

:furious:

I didn't know videos of your son were plastered all over the net! :eek: That brings it to a whole new level of devastation.

I am so sorry. We adults can hardly handle being dragged through the mud, can't imagine how a child does. And if your son has suffered, even for one minute ---- I am without words other than, I'm glad he has a mom like you. :blowkiss:

I have no doubt your experience will help all of us be more sensitive as to how we frame our comments. We can learn a great deal from you - thanks for joining WS. :hug:

Positive things from this situation for us:

7 years ago I worked with this girl who I was very good friends with. Our lives took us different directions and we lost touch...
Because of this situation (and my KATU interview) she found me again.

Also there seem to be an awful lot more nice people out there than I first suspected. You guys have been fantastic and I've received a number of emails and messages all of which were extremely sincere and touching.

<3

Heather, do you have anything mail order? I know we can't use the site for soliciting, so if you'd rather, you can PM me. And, I'll be up in Oregon around Christmas - I may be needing to do some local shopping both for food and for gift baskets...so let me know!

Hang in there. We may have differing views on some things, but the one thing I know is that you're a courageous, good person; and yes, I know what it's like for addresses and names to be plastered all over...and to be fearful of what might happen.

Some Great Pyrs who see you and the rest of the farm as their territory may be a really good investment...LOL. I love those dogs...them and Newfies.

Best to you-
Herding Cats

Heather, do you have anything mail order? I know we can't use the site for soliciting, so if you'd rather, you can PM me. And, I'll be up in Oregon around Christmas - I may be needing to do some local shopping both for food and for gift baskets...so let me know!

Hang in there. We may have differing views on some things, but the one thing I know is that you're a courageous, good person; and yes, I know what it's like for addresses and names to be plastered all over...and to be fearful of what might happen.

Some Great Pyrs who see you and the rest of the farm as their territory may be a really good investment...LOL. I love those dogs...them and Newfies.

Best to you-
Herding Cats

We do not do mail order at this time sadly. Maybe someday! :)
(hope that's ok to say mods!)

We have 2 dogs already, but are looking for some younger LGD pups actually.

I have always, always, ALWAYS wanted a Great Pyr and the Newfies just make my heart melt.

I hope we all remember Heather's post as we discuss not only Kyron's disappearance but other cases. In our concern for innocent missing children and adults, we cannot forget the damage WE can do to people who have utterly no connection to a case other than a distant, passing and entirely innocent encounter (online or in person) with someone who IS connected to the victim in demonstrable ways.

It is worth remembering the comment of one WS posters who makes the point that the vast majority of human beings would never help someone else kidnap or murder a child. Most cases of child abduction and/or murder involve one person (whether that person is a relative or stranger) or two people (in cases where spouses are involved in murders that begin as child abuse). I hope the whole board can learn the damage we can do if we give credence to these fantastic conspiracy theories and go off the deep end interpreting innocent peoples' blogs and FB pages.

Newfies are just the best. Big, walking, cuddly teddy bears! Did you know, Nana in "Peter Pan" was a Newf? Yessiree. And that's when I fell in love with them. Had no idea how versatile they were until recently, and have vowed to get a few when I have the room.

As for Great Pyrs, they are such amazing protectors. Once they understand "who" their herd is and what "their" territory is, they are fierce guardians...both of the humans and the herd (whatever it is). I have a dear friend who breeds very expensive horses. She has three Great Pyrs, all of whom have free run of their breeding farm. And all of the Pyrs take turns "patrolling" the barns and the pastures, and are apparently very present at the births of the foals...she's come into the "maternity barn" more than once to find a newborn snuggled up with one of her dogs...the mother relaxing next to them. LOL.

I am planning on getting a farm (in Oregon, no less), and having both Newfs and Great Pyrs as my 'farm dogs.' And yes, I have horses, and will have/breed them on my farm at some point, so this'll work great.

Hope you find your LGD pups soon...

Best-
Herding Cats

Newfies are just the best. Big, walking, cuddly teddy bears! Did you know, Nana in "Peter Pan" was a Newf? Yessiree. And that's when I fell in love with them. Had no idea how versatile they were until recently, and have vowed to get a few when I have the room.

As for Great Pyrs, they are such amazing protectors. Once they understand "who" their herd is and what "their" territory is, they are fierce guardians...both of the humans and the herd (whatever it is). I have a dear friend who breeds very expensive horses. She has three Great Pyrs, all of whom have free run of their breeding farm. And all of the Pyrs take turns "patrolling" the barns and the pastures, and are apparently very present at the births of the foals...she's come into the "maternity barn" more than once to find a newborn snuggled up with one of her dogs...the mother relaxing next to them. LOL.

I am planning on getting a farm (in Oregon, no less), and having both Newfs and Great Pyrs as my 'farm dogs.' And yes, I have horses, and will have/breed them on my farm at some point, so this'll work great.

Hope you find your LGD pups soon...

Best-
Herding Cats

I had horses all my life until not that many years ago. I miss them so much.

As for Oregon...you'll love it here.
When you get closer to moving make sure to get in touch with me so I can help you with whatever you need.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back