A month later... where is Lisa? What is your opinion?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

One month into the investigation where do your thoughts lie? What happened to Lisa?

• I have no idea whatsoever

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • I am on the fence (meaning I have some thoughts one way and some thoughts another)

Votes: 95 21.7%
  • I think DB is responsible

Votes: 176 40.2%
  • I think JI is responsible

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I think both parents are responsible

Votes: 67 15.3%
  • I think someone else familiar or known to the family is responsible

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • I think a stranger is responsible

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to say both parents, because to all extents and purposes, they are, and have been, on the same page-- NOT being helpful. Too hinky for my taste.

Remember the case of Diane Schuler, the woman who drove a carload of kids home from a camping trip, some of them her own, and drank vodka and killed most everyone in the vehicle, including herself? Despite her blood alcohol level, her husband doggedly defended her. Obviously, he had nothing to do with the deaths.

IMO, there seems to be something that compels family members/spouses to stand up for the guilty party. I think that's what JI is doing here.

Since the home belongs to JI, (I think that's been said to be the case), would DB even have a say on whether or not LE could have access to the home?

They shared a home, a child and raised 2 other children so yes, I think she had a say. With that said, I don't believe they argued on whether or not LE should have access to the home or whatnot. IMO, they were desperate to find Lisa and hoped LE would help find her. But something happened in that interrogation room that completely turned them off LE. Yes, I believe LE wanted mom to confess to something she probably didn't do because the statistics are against her. Dad was at work, mom was drunk so she must have killed her baby. This was even before they got the SW. I'd be just as outraged if I knew I was innocent.

For those of you following closely, have there been press conferences (since the first one) and/or statements, and how does DB sound? Is she pleading for whoever took her daughter to take care of her, feed her this, and not that, because she likes this, not that; asking whoever took her daugther to make sure she sees a dr, because she's sick; asking whoever took her daughter to sing this song, or do that thing, that brings her daughter comfort? Is she pleading for her child's return? I am not able to keep up with "media" side of this, so I don't know the answers to these questions. Knowing that would help me make a decision.

Thanks!
OG
I'm biased in that I believe DB knows much more than she has admitted to. It was actually her first interview that raised red flags with me. IMO she is manipulative and melodramatic. She appears to cry harder at each question she would prefer not to answer. She uses her histrionics to control the course of conversation.

She has made no mention of Lisa's favourite foods, songs, a pediatrician's name, necessary medications, preferred blanket, etc that I am aware of.

She has however plead for her child's return...but then so did Susan Smith. ;)
I am quite certain those who believe DB does not play a part in her daughter's disappearance will have a much different take on her 'appearances' than I do though. Admittedly biased but that's my opinion of DB.

I'm still not even partially up the fence. I solidly believe that neither parent had anything to do with it. I put 'familiar/known' to family as it could be someone from the area. I would even believe stranger before parents.

They shared a home, a child and raised 2 other children so yes, I think she had a say. With that said, I don't believe they argued on whether or not LE should have access to the home or whatnot. IMO, they were desperate to find Lisa and hoped LE would help find her. But something happened in that interrogation room that completely turned them off LE. Yes, I believe LE wanted mom to confess to something she probably didn't do because the statistics are against her. Dad was at work, mom was drunk so she must have killed her baby. This was even before they got the SW. I'd be just as outraged if I knew I was innocent.

Legally, would she have a say is what I meant. LE would go to the legal homeowner. JI not having a reason to suspect DB would give consent. DB couldn't stop it legally. And if she did then JI would become highly suspcious as to why she didn't want the home searched.

I respect your opinion, and you may turn out to be right but I'm not as convinced as you are at this point.

I think it could also be something DB said to LE, as well as her failing a poly, that could have led LE to focus on her. She felt the heat and now refuses to cooperate.

I can't blame LE for this, they're doing their job. Something made them focus on DB and I don't think it was just because of what statistics say. We only heard DB say they accused her and some took that as being unfair, but we've seen the guilty before try to make themselves out to be victims in the media.

Precisely why I can't get off the fence just yet. :banghead:

JMHO

I think we're all jaded by the MCA circus, and we are taking it out on this mother.

There have been times where my 5 yo daughter has driven me nuts and I would have liked to guzzle some wine too- and I have. (Fair enough, not falling down drunk, but very merry.) I think all the talking heads who are ready to draw and quarter this woman because she admitted to being drunk are a bunch of sensationalist hypocrates. Parents can and do make mistakes. Nobody is denying drinking to excess when you are being an active caretaker of a child is a bad idea- and nobody regrets it more than that poor mother.

Why she initially denied it, then downplayed the amount was obvious: she was afraid of her other kids being taken away from her too, but by social workers. In her position, with the media already beginning to label you a baby-killer and a horrific excuse for a mother, many of you might have done the same thing.

Her defense lawyer is very good. Like it or not, he's giving them good legal advice: don't give the media anything more to hang you with- because they *will* hang you to sell papers and commercial time on TV. Perhaps they don't want the 2 little boys interviewed for the same resons Elizabeth Smart's parents didn't pressure her sister (who was also sleeping in the same room when Elizabeth was abducted). Perhaps when the kids are not scared or pressured to say *something*, ANYTHING, they will talk. I would rather preserve my child's potential memory as a witness and be derided in the media than risk losing a vital clue by someone putting words into my child's mouth or altering their memory.

I think it's time people stop seeing the world through the leftover poison of the CA trial. In that case, clearly she was guilty. In this one, this family deserves compassion.

Thank you x's infinity, my sentiments exactly!

Remember the case of Diane Schuler, the woman who drove a carload of kids home from a camping trip, some of them her own, and drank vodka and killed most everyone in the vehicle, including herself? Despite her blood alcohol level, her husband doggedly defended her. Obviously, he had nothing to do with the deaths.

IMO, there seems to be something that compels family members/spouses to stand up for the guilty party. I think that's what JI is doing here.

Wasn't he just as drunk and the brother in law gave her the keys to his van? I vaguely remember that case.

I equate this case more to other missing children cases where a parent or both parents were wrongfully accused by LE and later proved that LE was totally wrong with their theory and a stranger abducted and/or murdered their child.

Unfortunately, I think that Baby Lisa has been deceased since the night she “disappeared” and I think LE knows that. I believe DB accidently killed Baby Lisa in a drunken stupor/blackout and is now trying to cover her tracks with the assistance of JI.

Respectfully cropped for space.

bbm= They can't be NOW trying to cover their tracks. And what tracks is what has me stumped. IF the disappearance of Lisa only took place in the 15 minutes that JI was home (with the help of drunken stupor/blackout Debi) and then called the police, then they aren't only horrid parents, they are magicians. And to think they did such a great job that the FBI have no suspects is mind boggling.

I'd be outraged too but I'd sit there and answer questions until there were no more to be asked. If you're telling the truth it's not that hard.

It would be interesting to know how long other parents who've been accused of killing or concealing an accidental death of their child have been questioned - and how long it took until they confessed.

Legally, would she have a say is what I meant. LE would go to the legal homeowner. JI not having a reason to suspect DB would give consent. DB couldn't stop it legally. And if she did then JI would become highly suspcious as to why she didn't want the home searched.

I respect your opinion, and you may turn out to be right but I'm not as convinced as you are at this point.

I think it could also be something DB said to LE, as well as her failing a poly, that could have led LE to focus on her. She felt the heat and now refuses to cooperate.

I can't blame LE for this, they're doing their job. Something made them focus on DB and I don't think it was just because of what statistics say. We only heard DB say they accused her and some took that as being unfair, but we've seen the guilty before try to make themselves out to be victims in the media.

Precisely why I can't get off the fence just yet. :banghead:

JMHO

I'm not a lawyer but I would think when the SW was served it would've been under JI's name but for the initial search, I doubt they wanted home owner proof. I think they both consented and the search was done, questioned both parents and the children.

Since the home belongs to JI, (I think that's been said to be the case), would DB even have a say on whether or not LE could have access to the home?

This could be a really good question for the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153148"]Legal Questions for our Verified Lawyers[/ame] thread. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but don't want to give anyone the wrong information.

I believe Deborah shook, smothered or hit Lisa. I'm still unsure if someone helped DB in covering up and I'm still on the fence if JI knows more about the incident/cell phones. He does appear to be hiding something.

I agree and I've also considered that she over-medicated Lisa.

My cat needs 2 insulin shots plus thyroid meds twice a day. Even though it's routine (for years) and I have a good memory, I write it down EVERYDAY on my calender. When I have a few glasses of wine I'm never sure when or if I administered the meds.

That's how I feel too. I've always been bothered that he mentions not checking on Lisa first, but only checking on her after checking on the boys and then Deb. It was something about the way he phrased it, like he knew that Lisa wasn't her in room but with her mother, and maybe found her dead with her passed out mother. Why would the last thing on his mind be the baby? I would think if he feared something was wrong, Lisa would be the FIRST person he would check on, not the last. It was like checking on Lisa was added as an afterthought to cover the fact that he really didn't check on her because she wasn't in her room like DB said she was. Basically, he was making his story match DB's.

Respectfully cropped for space.
BBM=If the door was unlocked and the lights on, he may have figured the boys got up and went out or that Deb was over at the neighbours or out...but he sure didn't think Lisa would have wandered out.

I think BL is dead. I think we have not heard enough about how sick Lisa was and this disturbs me. Babies can die from a cold with a cough. Babies can also die from over the counter medication, especially if it contains a cough suppressant. Was baby Lisa getting medication for her cold? Did she see a doctor for it? Was she vaccinated from birth? Was it just a cold?

There are pictures of her from the day before at her brothers birthday party (on the fb LI pages) and she doesn't look sick in any way at all. Happy and smiling.

I'd be outraged too but I'd sit there and answer questions until there were no more to be asked. If you're telling the truth it's not that hard.

It would be interesting to know how long other parents who've been accused of killing or concealing an accidental death of their child have been questioned - and how long it took until they confessed.

It was Jeremy that asked for the break in the interrogation (interview) ~ he had been up for umpteen hours, he was distraught, heartbroken, sad, confused etc...and at some point probably a little angry. It has been said that the police were going back and forth between J&D saying that the other 'told them this' or 'said that'...yes, just like in the movies when they are trying to get someone to break. I can't imagine the grief they were already dealing with. Deb HAS said in iirc in the msnbc interview, that she didn't care what they said to her or put her through if it helped get her baby back. HOWEVER, once Jeremy and Deb spoke about what each was being told or asked, I'm thinking they felt set up. Most is JMO

There are pictures of her from the day before at her brothers birthday party (on the fb LI pages) and she doesn't look sick in any way at all. Happy and smiling.

I have doubts as to whether BL was really sick. I think it's just an excuse to explain why DB dumped her in her crib for hours so she could get drunk.

I believe someone stated she is on Effexor....and you should never consume alcohol on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds. I was once on Zoloft and drank....I have no idea how much i consumed, I have no memory of finishing my first drink but have heard that I was quite lively (definately not myself). Sorry I don't have a link for the Effexor but I heard it here on Websleuths.

Thanks. I'm currently taking Effexor but don't drink because one time I thought having a drink with dinner would be okay but I ended up plastered off that one drink, really plastered. I can't imagine what DB's state would've been like if she was on Effexor and had 5-10 glasses of wine, I can't imagine how she would be functioning at that point.

I have no clue.. Maybe I'm on the fence.. I must say I do look at mom the most.. A handful of things that went on dont add up to me but the fact the cadaver dog made a "hit" in the bedroom tells me something happened in the home.. Maybe the three kids together tried to care for the baby and killed he by accident? Maybe mom freaked out shook the baby? Maybe the baby was so sick she vomited while coughing and choked? Maybe someone took her while mom blacked out? I know alot of what I said could be accidents but while a parents drunk to blackout point I'd think they would be held responsible.. I also think while drunk the thought process is messed up and she/they could of done a cover-up... I hate this.. It's sad.. I do hope someone checks the baby's crib everyday, maybe someone will put her back... Uhg!

I guess I am on the fence, so many thoughts and possibilities and it is ever changing. I do tend to think DB is responsible, though it may not have been intentional. Intentional or accidental, the actions following whatever occurred are despicable, IMHO.

The only thing I feel certain about is this family is not doing the right thing, for themselves or their child. Nor their boys.

Something is just not right about these people and their actions, or inaction. MOO!

It was Jeremy that asked for the break in the interrogation (interview) ~ he had been up for umpteen hours, he was distraught, heartbroken, sad, confused etc...and at some point probably a little angry. It has been said that the police were going back and forth between J&D saying that the other 'told them this' or 'said that'...yes, just like in the movies when they are trying to get someone to break. I can't imagine the grief they were already dealing with. Deb HAS said in iirc in the msnbc interview, that she didn't care what they said to her or put her through if it helped get her baby back. HOWEVER, once Jeremy and Deb spoke about what each was being told or asked, I'm thinking they felt set up. Most is JMO

That was a month ago and I don't doubt they were questioned harshly, and I don't really fault JI for walking out for the reasons you've mentioned but they're both well-rested now.

IMO there's a disconnect between what DB says she'd do and what she's actually done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46