A new beginning for the Anthonys?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why people keep saying Caylee was not missing. Her whereabouts were unknown to anyone but her killer for 6 months. Is that not the very definition of missing? The news is reporting that Haleigh is missing. If, heaven forbid, she is found dead someplace in 6 months, does that change the fact that she's missing now?

Bold is mine: No Chilly, you are correct. Haleigh is missing because the people who love her and LE DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE IS. But I also believe that her father had nothing to do with her disappearance. If one of the people responsible for her knows where she is, then to them she is not missing, and they are not experiencing this as a missing child tragedy.

I'm one of those people who technically did'nt consider Caylee to have been "missing" as soon as I heard that KC failed to report her missing, but I totally understand your point too Chilly. To me KC doesn't know what it's like to have a missing child. KC put her family through an experience of thinking Caylee was missing. I've experienced twice what it feels like to have a loved one missing adn have a close faimly friend whose 17-yr old daughter disappeared in '99 and was never found . I have no doubt that for "X" period of time the Anthony's beleived Caylee was missing too. However, I don't believe that the Anthony's believed Caylee had been abducted by the nanny for very long. I feel in my heart, which matters for nothing, that they knew Caylee was gone long before her body was discovered. The bad taste left in my mouth from bizarre Anthony family behavior is enough that I personally could not support their organization. I wouldn't be able to trust where the money went or if it was being utilized as stated. I just pray they will not insert themselves into other missing children cases. They lack the credibility of other parents of missing/murdered children. I could not respect their opinion on a panel such as NG or JVM, the way that I respect Mr. Klaas, or Mr. Miller, Mrs. Tweedy (Natalie Holloway's mom).

There's something about George that really bothers me. So many consider him to be the most sincere, but I just can't see it. So much of it was about him, and things he's doing. It seemed to be about Caylee, and quickly hearing his speech made it seem that he made it more about Caylee than anything, but reading the speech showed me that it's not true. He talked ALOT about himself, things not even related to Caylee's horrible untimely death. Things like how his missed the command center and misses being there when he drives by. Then he mentioned again about living with 3 very determined women. Then he talks about singing Lean on Me with the men and his singing voice and how HE danced to SpongeBob music and was told to grow up. There was an allusion to his suicide attempt and being given a second chance at life and helping missing kids. It was I'M thankful to be here with these friends, I"M this, I"M that. And advising parents to get Veggie Tales for their kids! I'm sorry, but George is not recovered. He needs some mental assistance before he becomes a spokesman for anything. If he is this way all the time then I don't know what to say.

Outstanding post, Txsvickie! I totally agree!

I am under the impression that KC did not have insurance, she would have been a cash pay patient. I would prefer the Anthony family to maybe setup a foundation that helps pay for mental help for single young mothers. Or to provide counseling and daycare for young mothers who are struggling emotionally. They would have better acceptance in the prevention "market" and this is an area that is overlooked.

Brilliant, FighttheOstrich! This is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time.

And maybe the could turn over the foundation, the day to day running to someone who is above reproach. IE someone not involved with the Anthony's and their money making schemes to ensure the money goes to the foundation and its activities and not to line the pockets of the Anthony's. And this could be done in a way to ensure that when they are all prosecuted, the foundation could still exist.

I don't understand why people keep saying Caylee was not missing. Her whereabouts were unknown to anyone but her killer for 6 months. Is that not the very definition of missing? The news is reporting that Haleigh is missing. If, heaven forbid, she is found dead someplace in 6 months, does that change the fact that she's missing now?

:clap::clap::clap:

You literally took the words out of my finger tips. ;)

If Caylee wasn't "Missing" than why did it take 6 months for her to be located?

This is the definition of a missing child:

A child (ie. a young person under the age of 18 years) is to be considered "missing" if he/she is absent from his/her place of residence without authority to a degree or in circumstances where the absence causes concern for safety of the child or there is potential danger to the public.

I do believe Caylee's disappearance met almost every one of those criteria in order to be considered "missing". At least one "person" always knows where an endangered missing child can be found. That "one person's" knowledge of the crime doesn't negate the fact that everyone else involved can only see that the child has vanished from sight, and is nowhere to be found. LE doesn't stop looking for a missing child, simply because a caregiver appears responsible for the disappearance. Can you imagine the outrage LE would face if they told a grieving family "Sorry Guys, We Can't Actually Look For Your Child Because We Believe Someone In Your Family Knows The Child's Location! So You Should Probably Just Ask Them For A Map To The Body!! Have A Nice Day, Good Luck, & Have Fun!!!" :bang::bang::bang:

:rolleyes: Riiiiiiight!! That would go over sooooooooooo well...

There are plenty of things worthy of debate in this case, but since "Caylee WAS missing" this just doesn't seem to be a gray area filled topic to me.

My 1.5 cents on the issue
:)

:clap::clap::clap:

You literally took the words out of my finger tips. ;)

If Caylee wasn't "Missing" than why did it take 6 months for her to be located?

This is the definition of a missing child:

A child (ie. a young person under the age of 18 years) is to be considered "missing" if he/she is absent from his/her place of residence without authority to a degree or in circumstances where the absence causes concern for safety of the child or there is potential danger to the public.

I do believe Caylee's disappearance met almost every one of those criteria in order to be considered "missing". At least one "person" always knows where an endangered missing child can be found. That "one person's" knowledge of the crime doesn't negate the fact that everyone else involved can only see that the child has vanished from sight, and is nowhere to be found. LE doesn't stop looking for a missing child, simply because a caregiver appears responsible for the disappearance. Can you imagine the outrage LE would face if they told a grieving family "Sorry Guys, We Can't Actually Look For Your Child Because We Believe Someone In Your Family Knows The Child's Location! So You Should Probably Just Ask Them For A Map To The Body!! Have A Nice Day, Good Luck, & Have Fun!!!" :bang::bang::bang:

:rolleyes: Riiiiiiight!! That would go over sooooooooooo well...

There are plenty of things worthy of debate in this case, but since "Caylee WAS missing" this just doesn't seem to be a gray area filled topic to me.

My 1.5 cents on the issue
:)

Her body was missing. The family knew she was dead and kept up the charade that she was missing to help their daughter. Where I come from that is against the law.
The Feds will give them their due.

Yes and they had all smelled the car.

They knew that 2 cadaver dogs indicated a body in their garden and KC's car.

Witnesses and experienced LE smelled a dead body.

Mountains of evidence confirmed KC killed Caylee. A grand jury saw enough evidence, the prosecution laid murder charges. The Anthonys, like the rest of us, can not be sure of the details, but they KNEW long before December that Caylee was dead.

You bring up an interesting point. With all the facts, the As supposedly still did not believe Caylee was dead. When they are working to help families of missing children, how will that attitude and behaviour translate into new cases? If they simply did not believe Caylee was dead given all the facts that certainly pointed to her death, then what will they advise families when the evidence starts coming in? I'm not saying one way or the other, but I do wonder.

And will their negativity about LE, the media and the world, their paranoia and combative style also be passed onto families of victims?

And one more thing: they have no organisational skills to speak of and no clue of how to search. What exactly will their role be?

Her body was missing. The family knew she was dead and kept up the charade that she was missing to help their daughter. Where I come from that is against the law.

Well Of course it is illegal no matter what your state of residence. It should be and is illegal everywhere to conceal a heinous crime. Whether or not her Family, or the entire Local Football Team had a hand in that sweet child's disappearance, has no relevance on the fact that she was a missing child. If she wasn't "missing" for many long months than none of us would be here, because the need for the Caylee Anthony forum would have never arisen. In fact at the very top of the Caylee Forum are the words: "Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen."

If she wasn't missing there would have been no need for detailed ping maps, and grid searches on foot through hellish conditions in the dangerous late Summer Southern heat. If she wasn't ever missing, she would probably still be alive today. But she did go missing, at the hands of the one who should have loved and protected her the most. She was tossed in a garbage bag like old trash, and thrown into the woods like refuse at the city dump.

She remained "missing" from her life, her bed, her home, and everyone that truly loved her until a Hero named Ray Kronk followed his gut and FINALLY made sure that little Caylee was "missing" no more..

Only then, after more than six frustrating months, was Caylee no longer missing.

The charade helped more than their daughter, it kept the donation jars and their mailbox filled with $$$.

You bring up an interesting point. With all the facts, the As supposedly still did not believe Caylee was dead. When they are working to help families of missing children, how will that attitude and behaviour translate into new cases? If they simply did not believe Caylee was dead given all the facts that certainly pointed to her death, then what will they advise families when the evidence starts coming in? I'm not saying one way or the other, but I do wonder.

And will their negativity about LE, the media and the world, their paranoia and combative style also be passed onto families of victims?

And one more thing: they have no organisational skills to speak of and no clue of how to search. What exactly will their role be?
bold, me

That is an intriguing question. :waitasec:

There's something about George that really bothers me. So many consider him to be the most sincere, but I just can't see it. So much of it was about him, and things he's doing. It seemed to be about Caylee, and quickly hearing his speech made it seem that he made it more about Caylee than anything, but reading the speech showed me that it's not true. He talked ALOT about himself, things not even related to Caylee's horrible untimely death. Things like how his missed the command center and misses being there when he drives by. Then he mentioned again about living with 3 very determined women. Then he talks about singing Lean on Me with the men and his singing voice and how HE danced to SpongeBob music and was told to grow up. There was an allusion to his suicide attempt and being given a second chance at life and helping missing kids. It was I'M thankful to be here with these friends, I"M this, I"M that. And advising parents to get Veggie Tales for their kids! I'm sorry, but George is not recovered. He needs some mental assistance before he becomes a spokesman for anything. If he is this way all the time then I don't know what to say.

Yeah.. Poor George. He's the "family victim". They usually come stock with this type of family! IMO

There is no way that George could Not know, they watch tv and read the newspapers and seem to live on the internet.
The fact that George does know the Milstead's are scum is the part that bothers me most of all. He doesn't care because a new road to riches has been uncovered to him and he will never again have to worry about Lee buying him the book, "How To Find A Job For Dummies".

snipped.

ITA..

The charade helped more than their daughter, it kept the donation jars and their mailbox filled with $$$.

Yeah, Cindy isn't in this for Casey. Cindy is all about Cindy. IMO

With so much going on in Caylee's murder, GA goes up to Haleigh home.........to interfere?
GA is no MKLass, Lunsford or John Walsh..........
GA should clean up his own house before he gets his nose in someone else's.......
The family doesn't need GA...........Caylee was not kidnapped by a stranger, she was murdered by his daughter! IMO.........go home.............GA
I'm surprised GA didn't bring kidfinders and started to sell T shirts for Haleigh's family!
GA PLEASE GO TELL THE TRUTH FOR CAYLEE! You never looked for her, and you were LE one time. IMO

They have had some success collecting money. They all might be good @ security. They are capable of making anything into a weapon (hose w/ water, hammer). Public relations certainly is not their forte.

Just my 2 cents...but I'm thinking "missing" as being "abducted". Caylee was not abducted as her mother and family tried to lead everyone to believe.

With so much going on in Caylee's murder, GA goes up to Haleigh home.........to interfere?
GA is no MKLass, Lunsford or John Walsh..........
GA should clean up his own house before he gets his nose in someone else's.......
The family doesn't need GA...........Caylee was not kidnapped by a stranger, she was murdered by his daughter! IMO.........go home.............GA
I'm surprised GA didn't bring kidfinders and started to sell T shirts for Haleigh's family!
GA PLEASE GO TELL THE TRUTH FOR CAYLEE! You never looked for her, and you were LE one time. IMO
I imagine that HC's family is a little bit raw right now. I know I wouldn't want to be faced with the "worse case scenario". To me, right now, that's what George represents. How comforting can that be? JMHO

While addressing the reporters at Haleigh's parents place, George said something like, (not exact quote) "They need support. They need help." And then he said (exact quote) "They need me".

I was stunned to hear him say that. I am still ruminating what he truly meant by that. Or maybe I am wondering more what the psychology behind that statement was. It was sad and pathetic. It was far more about HIM than it was about Haleigh's family.

Is it that George wants to be needed?
Is he trying to prove he has a place in the world of missing child advocates?

Whatever his true reasons are, altruistic or self-serving, I still maintain he and his family do not have the credibility or profile to counsel the families of missing children. If they want to honor Caylee and help others, many good suggestions have been posted here on WS.

Why do they insist on something that keeps them in front of cameras and in convenient reach of coffers of money?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back