A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a limit of days that Nurmi can re-cross?

In other words.... Is there a "set schedule" for court proceedings?

TIA...:seeya:

I was wondering.. I know that Nancy grace's camp is stationed outside of courtroom... So do you think that the jury sees their presence when they come to court and how that might influence their opinion to how big and controversial this trial has become?

Just maybe your opinion on that ... If any... After the CA case and after effects just wondered if that would be in play with this case.

I was not there today but I WILL be there tomorrorw afternoon. With my magnifying glass and my dedicated attitude to the TRUTH being revealed.

At the end of the day I expect an attitude of "asked and answered" with that jury and them being resolved toward conviction. :jail:

I don't know Katie. I am disappointed in the judge, the jury asking 100 questions, and Jodi's family. It is all too sick for me. After CA, nothing surprises me anymore.

A note about Jodi's "expert DV witnesses:"

Juan questioned Jodi on the stand about the LIES she made up when she was interviewed by her own experts.

That, to me, clearly shows that the Battered Woman Defense is not going to work for her--why would a victim lie to their own expert? Only someone who is attempting to manipulate and deceive--and that's Jodi in a nutshell.

When did that happen? I missed that.

Katie says she thinks ponytail and Maureen are sympathizing with Jodi. The other lady disagreed.

Friendly Reminder!

Please peeps, can we keep this thread for observations and questions to and from our own court observers. I'm going to transfer some of today's posts over to the daily discussion thread.

fran
:seeya:

Thank you. Just so you know there is Jake Orbin and I just found out two other murder victims' families attending this trial in solidarity with Travis' family. Jake describes it like the movie "Third Encounter of the Third Kind" as we all kind of just went. None of us knew anyone else was going. People were just drawn to show up to support this family and support Lady Justice in this trial.

I wonder if Jake will be in court tomorrow. I remember his brother Jay's case, so very sad. She's another who should be on death row. MOO

was it as obvious to you in the courtroom how today it seemed that that Nurmi would just continue to keep questioning even though JM would object. The judge did not correct him or stop him from doing that. I thought when an objection is made the other attorney has to pause while the judge make a decision...Nurmi just kept on talking it appeared and wasn't called on it.

Katie says she thinks ponytail and Maureen are sympathizing with Jodi. The other lady disagreed.

I've not seen anything from the jurors that makes me think they are sympathizing with ja. They look at her when she answers, then back to
Juan. When Nurmi is up they don't look at her much if at all.
MOO :)

I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere and I have missed the answer. Can someone tell me how they choose (or who chooses) the final jurors or are the alternates already decided but no one knows yet. At this point in time and I believe up until closing statements??? all 18 continue to sit in court and then 6 are released before deliberation.

It's luck of the draw basically. I don't think they choose until just before deliberation.

I wonder if Jake will be in court tomorrow. I remember his brother Jay's case, so very sad. She's another who should be on death row. MOO

Yep, Jake will also be there. He wrote me earlier this evening.

I have not been able to find the original video recording of Det. Flores with her on July 15th but I do remember a part of the conversation where he asked her why and she replied something as to having to move on with her life and it was the only way. Now this is not verbatim but close. I do want to review it so I am not taking it out of context but I can not find the original full version, only the excerpts that were replayed in court. I think this is another of her coded sick messages as if to say, I'm telling you everything you want to know just figure it out, catch me if you can but I'm smarter than you all. She is a psychopath!

I pray that Justice prevails and she is punished for murdering Travis in life and death. She tortured him in his last months of life, brutally murdered his body and now murdering him in his after life defaming and attacking his reputation, putting his family and his friends through all her lies and accusations. The Mesa community, the mormon community, Domestic violence victims, and the nation are all being affected! She needs to pay for all her crimes.

You are spot on in this observation. There was a moment where she said it "I needed to move on, it was the only way". Then she backed away and started in a new direction.

She also said that she had thought Travis had found the love of his life and was going to get married, and that she didn't find out that Mimi was a "friends only" interest until (the memorial?) anyway, after Travis was murdered. When Det. Flores continued to ask her why, she would just shake her head and say "there was no reason, there was no reason". Since she herself called herself "hyper literal", I think she was saying, "there was no reason (no need to) since Travis was not going to marry Mimi. The murder had not been necessary after all."

JMO

It will be interesting to see how each juror reacts as the judge reads the pre-approved questions.

I'm sure our intrepid Katie will be hyper observant.

Of course, most of us hope JM gets an opportunity to re-cross prior to the juror questions being asked. I get the impression from the talking heads on HLN that it's 50-50 at this point.

ETA: I think we are all disappointed that there will be no recross examination.

It will be interesting to see how each juror reacts as the judge reads the pre-approved questions.

I'm sure our intrepid Katie will be hyper observant.

Of course, most of us hope JM gets an opportunity to re-cross prior to the juror questions being answered. I get the impression from the talking heads on HLN that it's 50-50 at this point.

I guess that will be discussed/decided in the am meetings? I think there was enough new info to come out in redirect to warrant it. I'd personally just love for the jury to see the last interaction w/ Martinez.

Yes I (and the other katie) will be watching those jurors as each question is read. We will compare notes and I'll report back tomorrow night.

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/library/

I have an account, but I don't think you need one. There are some graphic photos in there, but it looks like it is updated daily with all the evidence screen shots.

Hope this helps!

No account is needed to view this album. As I was scrolling through the album, I noticed that this photo which clearly shows Jodi's hands. All of her fingers look normal to me.

Miss Poe Tater

I don't know Katie. I am disappointed in the judge, the jury asking 100 questions, and Jodi's family. It is all too sick for me. After CA, nothing surprises me anymore.

just like the CA case, this trial is a perversion of justice. sorry- the judge has no control over the courtroom; the defense is in total control. it is absurd.

just like the CA case, this trial is a perversion of justice. sorry- the judge has no control over the courtroom; the defense is in total control. it is absurd.

I completely agree. This Judge has allowed testimony and evidence in that should have never been allowed. Plus she has allowed the Defense to get away with an absurd amount of testimony that was irrelevant to this MURDER CASE and intentionally delaying the trial. The trial should have already been over with, however with short court days, only having court maybe 3 days a week, sometimes 4 days due to whatever excuse; wasting the taxpayers of Arizona's money by dragging this case out for months. In doing so, this torments & holds the family of Travis in emotional limbo, their lives on hold for an overextended period of time. It's like the court is punishing Travis and his family. The judge has given the Defense free reign over this court with the excuse that it's a Death Penalty Case. Just because it's a SP case doesn't mean you don't have order & control of your courtroom. I have NO respect for the way this Judge is running this trial.

was it as obvious to you in the courtroom how today it seemed that that Nurmi would just continue to keep questioning even though JM would object. The judge did not correct him or stop him from doing that. I thought when an objection is made the other attorney has to pause while the judge make a decision...Nurmi just kept on talking it appeared and wasn't called on it.

I wasn't there, but I did notice this as well as an instance where Nurmi clearly finished his question, to which JM objected. Nurmi then claimed in frustration he hadn't finished his question and then proceeding to continue on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025