A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
** small sigh ** i can't access the album to see the avatars. I get an error message suggesting that i don't have the proper credentials for viewing.

I'm glad to have landed on this forum. Finally, found someone else intrigued by the criminal justice system. Court reporters, i applaud your dedication to your fellow websleuths in sharing your observations after an exhausting day. Thank you.

:biggrin:

welcome!

I sensed jodi was uneasy and nervous answering juror questions. How did she come across to yall in court? P.S. envious Katie made contact with Juan..I adore him!! I wonder if he is single??

Jodi reminded me of a pageant girl waiting on questions from the judges then twisting her response to include a bid for world peace.

** small sigh ** I can't access the album to see the avatars. I get an error message suggesting that I don't have the proper credentials for viewing.

I'm glad to have landed on this forum. Finally, found someone else intrigued by the criminal justice system. Court reporters, I applaud your dedication to your fellow WebSleuths in sharing your observations after an exhausting day. Thank you.

:biggrin:

If I can get on my computer tomorrow I will make a collage and post it in my signature. I an no photoshop guru so wish me luck !

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I just wanted to say that I thought a juror was looking for any kind of loyalty or bonds that JA may have without passing judgement or blame on those persons. Particularly family.
It seems she's incapable of unconditional love or even forgiveness for others yet wants it for herself. Always.

I have to say I admire JA's family for sitting through the trial for her. I've told all three of my children if they ever commit a heinous crime they are on their own.

What a world we live in to have to think that way. If I'm going to be blamed for someone else's failures I rather not be there.

If I can get on my computer tomorrow I will make a collage and post it in my signature. I an no photoshop guru so wish me luck !

I was unable to access it until today. I thought it was a hoot. Thank You for posting it!

meg, were you talking about the Scott Falater case, the sleepwalking defense? I just rewatched that the other day because I didn't realize it was "our" Juan Martinez who prosecuted - I love his style in all the clips I've seen - I wish I could find more of them online.

I think this trial takes the cake though - a defendant who's been on the stand for 16 days???? She is impossible to deal with! I love hearing from the court insiders to see how different it may be in the courtroom vs on TV. Also love to hear the insight of the ones who are lucky enough to be there - so far I haven't been able to take off work to attend.

KLC - so jealous that you literally came into contact with Juan today! :-)

To be honest I'm not sure who I'm talking about! Its late and im sleepy. Maybe I crossed my wires but yes the one where the lady fell off the mountain or whatever they were climbing and then fell asleep in the tub after taking pills and drowned. I thought that was the guy who worked for the Phoenix suns ... Anybody else know what I'm talking about? I wonder if this is how JA feels when she can't remember. Oh wait... She can't feel

Sorry Fran if I got off topic I was responding to a previous post. Please don't slap me

meg, were you talking about the Scott Falater case, the sleepwalking defense? I just rewatched that the other day because I didn't realize it was "our" Juan Martinez who prosecuted - I love his style in all the clips I've seen - I wish I could find more of them online.

I think this trial takes the cake though - a defendant who's been on the stand for 16 days???? She is impossible to deal with! I love hearing from the court insiders to see how different it may be in the courtroom vs on TV. Also love to hear the insight of the ones who are lucky enough to be there - so far I haven't been able to take off work to attend.

KLC - so jealous that you literally came into contact with Juan today! :-)

Doug Grant is the other case Juan prosecuted.

Off the top of my head we have:
Scott Falater, Wendi Andriano, Doug Grant, Cory Deonn Morris (serial killer), Bryan Stewart, and Jodi Arias.

All prosecuted by Juan. All convicted except ja. Her turn is coming.

Interesting. I've thought that at one time perhaps Travis did actually tell her "a five year old could hold a camera better." It seems like an odd thing to make up.
My understanding is that a photograph was accidentally taken while she dragged his body. The explanation was that this was the point at which the camera was dropped -- landing such that the shutter release was pressed when it hit the floor. Either that or the camera had a shudder release timer.

This of course would poke holes in her version of events unless you (generic you) believe the camera was dropped twice.

Pele_Cecilia.gif

Aw...:( for a while now I was getting a little frustrated with the one we have lovingly refer to as Poquito becuase of his slouching and lack of note taking. Now with how KCL has described him I am totally in love with him. Two pierced eyebrows, a long braid down his back, he wears his heart on his sleeve. I guess he just doesn't need THIS long to know the girl is evil. I'm sorry Poquito. :ohdear:

I am really happy with this jury I think it's a great mix of people. The judge has been more then fair to JA. Honestly... this has been a beyond fair trial to her. And a very unfair one for his family.

May I ask, for anyone who has been there... does Mr. Martinez look well in person? I was thinking about how much I wanted him to take a good vacation after this but I learned he is also working on another big trial heading his way. He works so hard while the other side has many people working for them including two at the table. I know this is what he does and man does he have a passion for it but does he look like he is fit and well? I guess the man has my :heartbeat: and I want nothing but the best for him. When he has to approach with Big/Tall Nurmi and Willmott to fight for something it tugs at my heart as he stands there respectfully, hands behind his back waiting for his turn. :(

Sorry, long winded question but thanks for reading.

I realize the cases are entirely different. You have posted this time and time again. We get it. And I am not trying to be snarky here, but for most of us, the CA case had just as much evidence (albeit circumstantial) as this case. Most of us felt it in our BONES that she would be found guilty. I lived that case for 3 years. Inside and out. With a lot of WSrs. It was a SHOCK to have a not guilty verdict returned when most people KNEW she should have been found guilty.

People are gun shy. You can't blame them. I am one of them. The CA case proved that no matter how much you BELIEVE the case is a winner, the outcome is truly never predictable because there is an unknown factor...the jury.

That's all. Don't want to OT this thread. Sorry but just wanted you to understand that most of us feel just as strongly about that other case as you do this one.
Yeah, but in Casey's case, you had an inattentive jury, with people who "don't judge" on it, who was sequestered and wanted to get home to celebrate 4th of July at DisneyWorld, and Casey didn't get up on the stand. They also didn't get to ask her questions, or maybe the outcome would've been much different. Also, Jodi has admitted her guilt, and there are crime scene photos which prove how he was killed. His decomp was only for 5 days inside. Caylee's decomp was 6 months-skeletal in the weather.

I didn't follow that case, (I was a teen, in school) I know a lot of people thought that OJ would be found guilty, and that the majority think he is guilty. I know that they mostly blame the jury for him getting away with it. I blamed them, by default, based upon others perceptions. Once I got older, and read up about the trial, I stopped blaming the jury. I know this won't be a popular opinion, but it was the LAPD and the prosecution that gave that case away. In any other case, I would be disturbed if people overlooked the gross lack of competence displayed by detectives and their crime scene techs, and the tampering with evidence, and still found the defendent guilty. It also gave me cause to fear that maybe others were prosecuted by this county, who may truly be innocent, but dont' have the money to afford a "Dream Team." i

So, for ME, the OJ verdict doesn't play into why I am anxious about the outcome of this case not being favorable. I haven't seen that kind of incompetence on display from the prosecution of Jodi Arias.

:moo::moo:
I did watch the OJ trial. In the OJ case it was more than just one thing. Also Judge Ito should have recused himself because he had a connection to Johnny Cochran, you had Mark Fuhrman's idiotic rants, as well as a star-struck jury from the 'hood who refused to convict a black man. When his civil trial was held in Santa Monica- where the crime was actually commited, and a jury of his rich peers- they overwhelmingly convicted him. Also, Chris Darden made a collossal blunder by having him try on the glove in open court. OJ mugged up his arthritis and the glove had shrunk from being saturated in blood. Oh, and I have it on good faith that the Dream Team knew he was guilty, but defended him under "moral cover"!

I hadn't seen Madeline's post but I say Bravo! I concur!

I've had a boatload of bad things happen in my life but the one thing they can't take from me is my attitude and my belief in goodness winning ultimately. And my belief in my own abilities to have some kind of guidance which directs me in the right way if I only follow it. I feel like I'm in that courtroom for a reason not to sound like an egomaniac but I do know I bring a certain energy that lifts things up. I've known this about myself all my life. It's nothing I "do" it's just something I came in to this life with. Oddly, Julie Christopher did a "reading" with me on the sidewalk by the studios the other night and she said those exact things to me. So, I bring it in that courtroom, on this forum, anywhere I go. I have clear thoughts about this case. And I'm not too proud to live them out loud!

This is exactly how I would describe you even tho we have never met. You have made a big difference for Travis family and I can only imagine how much they appreciate you being there.

Thanks for keeping it real.

I think all sane people can agree this was a good day for the prosecution.

One answer I thought was very telling. In her story about her dad slapping her, she said when he asked where she was, she repeated "I don't know."

To do this day, when she's in trouble that's her favorite dishonest answer.

Awww. My heart is broken! But hey its ok..im a tall Texan..he would be too short for me. :)

Hey Angel! I'm a long tall Texas too. Welcome to the board! I'm fairly new here as well but everyone is very welcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3