a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back. Sorry about that, it was a pretty strong storm. :)

Neil is attentive to testimony but not looking at ja. Nancy and tricolor taking notes.

Ponytail rubbing forehead and leaning back in her chair, not quite the ja yoga move. :)

Several male jurors have their hands under their chins like the thinker pose. Thinking they are sick of her lies??
Barb taking notes.

ja talking about after they broke up she calls to say good-night. Good grief, she just can't leave him alone. She be cray-cray.
Poor Travis can't get rid of this beezy.

Jumbo-tron lights up... more journal carp. Jurors looking and most are writing.

Wrestler drinking water several times, as we are in the gallery. It's pretty dry in the courtroom and I find myself drinking more water than usual.

Can't get a look at Church Lady, maybe KCL can see her, and her body language.

During one of the numerous sidebars GW informs me she is sleepy and bored. :) She's
my new BFF. ;) ;)

I write about drama in the hall. There is a person who's been there the last 2 days. She's very pushy and has been arguing with a couple of the others. She's trouble, and I will avoid her. It's a murder trial and not a place for drama, sad.

When ja says "stop loss" during her testimony several of us look at each other and mouth "stop loss"??? There is some eye rolling and head shaking over that comment.

ja boohooing about looking for a husband, gals to my right laughing at her testimony.
Nurmi says to ja the age is 30 when LDS leave the singles ward, she corrects him with "31". She loves correcting Juan and her own attorneys.

The all access to your body comment makes me think of Disneyland. I write "Disneyland, all access pass". :)

I'm going to need a margarita after listening to this BS testimony, I write.

While on the stand ja says "pulled out of town" talking about when she was moving back to Yreka. She fails to mention how she drove 2 miles down the road to Sossaman Rd (it's in Mesa). Then calls to tell Travis she's going to sleep in the truck. He has her come back to his house, and she stays for 3 days. IMHO he meant for her to stay the night and leave in the morning.

I catch ja watching Nancy as she takes a nice long drink of her Iced Venti Latte from Starbuck's. :) Made my day.

It is now 2:50.

More sex talk, this time it's about a possible 3-way. I wrote 3-way no way. :) I am surprised she's not saying menage a troi, since she likes to use big words. :)
MOO, if it was true, ja only agreed to entertain the thought to keep Travis interested in her.

Testimony shifts to Cancun and Mimi Hall. I notice a definite change of tone in her voice when the subject is brought up. A sore spot with her, for sure.
Paul leans forward in chair when Cancun trip is discussed.

I look over towards the prosecution table and see Detective Flores taking notes. This is the first time I've noticed him writing notes.

Mimi future wife? ja must have been fuming at that idea. Her eyes probably glowed red at the mention of it.
She said the breakup and his interest in Mimi was bittersweet. I write GMAFB!! Another lie.

Don't have a good view of ja's family today. We can only see them from behind in the gallery, opposite of watching on the feed.

testimony about international travel takes preparation. She came prepared , I bet she bought extra sunscreen on her way to Mesa (my personal thoughts).

More sex, de-stressing, anger talk. Good lawd! It's like a loop, over and over and over.
How many times does she need to go into it for clarification Mr. Nurmi??
Orgasm=relaxation. Now there's a newsflash. I hope Nurmi doesn't get a clue about endorphins or we'll be here 'til Labor Day listening to her on the stand.

Paul has head down rubbing back of neck, during more of the "bending over" testimony. Then looks at Nurmi, and the look isn't a pleasant. :)

Objection by Juan. Sustained. YAY!!!

Another phone goes off, I think it's one of the ladies next to me. It's buzzing rather than a ring-tone. No one looks or says anything.

During sidebar I hear the security guy tell a woman she can't use her phone. She says "I'm texting my daughter", he made her leave. I swear these people cannot follow instructions. It's a court of law, have some respect. MOO I don't know if she came back after recess, didn't notice.

I see ja looking at Nancy... she's drinking her latte again. :)

Afternoon Recess. I hear "yay" from several in the gallery, others say "thank God".

More later.

I'm going to read back and answer questions, .etc. I will try to post the last part tonight.
I need to acknowledge my husband with some occasional conversation. LOL!

:great:I LOVE reading the court observer notes! I told Katiecoolady earlier that I loved hers so much that if I was in 5th grade, I'd MARRY THEM! lol

PASA, CURSE YOU for being the responsible adult in the room and making us wait until tomorrow! I seriously feel like I just got off a rollercoaster (for the fourth time tonight) after reading your notes! Sooooo freaking exhilirating!!!

P.s. If there are any other courtwatchers at this trial, PLEASE sign up to Websleuths ASAP! We love to hear any and ALL observations! Even if you're in the hallway! No joke; when you're starved for news about what's going on inside, you'll take ANYTHING!! Even powder room news! :floorlaugh:

Some pretty interesting stuff goes on in the hall and powder room. :floorlaugh:

Based on body language alone I think as early as Wednesday morning when we first saw him with the questions he looked somewhat defeated -- even panicky. Then things went from bad to worse.

He had no idea how much his client would be exposed once the questions were asked. Moreover he got his first glimpse into the real concern the jurors expressed about his clients lack of credibility. A defense attorney's worst nightmare.

But it was more that just the shocking realization that the jurors didn't believe his client. The wording of some of the questions revealed that they were also clearly disdainful and hostile towards her.
I think I read somewhere that Nurmi tried to get taken off the case but the court wouldn't allow him to. Is that right? So he's just stuck with her whether he wants to be or not?? Thanks in advance.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooo...that's PASA's I think!! Make it stop! lol

Oh no, the one with blue ink? It is mine. I'm a lefty and photography is a hobby. Yikes! I'm scaring myself.

My handwriting isn't like hers, honest. :)

Here's my phone pic. I labeled the journals. :)
KCL was so kind to snap the pic with my phone so I'd have one too. :)

122fech.jpg

PASA, So leopard print cougar lady is ProTravis...that's good.
Someone has 'furry guy's pic as their avatar...I will look.

its intriguing how you guys take such great notes during court. It's so helpful.
If I get a chance, I'm attempting to do the same with a local case here, if nothing, to help the family. Hard to remember everything as its going on for them.

I did take shorthand in college, while it was a requirement when I was studying to be a court reporter. I only made it as far as my 3rd semester, and by then only had a couple weeks in an actual class for the court reporting, only to switch majors to legal Secretary...lol.
To this day, I've never used shorthand. I think its a lost art.

PASA, So leopard print cougar lady is ProTravis...that's good.
Someone has 'furry guy's pic as their avatar...I will look.

its intriguing how you guys take such great notes during court. It's so helpful.
If I get a chance, I'm attempting to do the same with a local case here, if nothing, to help the family. Hard to remember everything as its going on for them.

I did take shorthand in college, while it was a requirement when I was studying to be a court reporter. I only made it as far as my 3rd semester, and by then only had a couple weeks in an actual class for the court reporting, only to switch majors to legal Secretary...lol.
To this day, I've never used shorthand. I think its a lost art.

There's a couple of us on this board that can still do shorthand. We are indeed a dying breed though.

??? To KCL or PASA, Is there ever any interaction between JA's family and TA's family? I worked in a felony Court for many years as a bailiff and I know just how much drama can go on behind the scenes and out of sight of the Juror's and that part is fascinating. TY to all of you that are letting us in on that perspective.

I was also lucky enough to get to know Beth Karas when she was in our City and our Court covering a trial. She is all the best! All the good things you say and more. She should have her own show IMHO.

As I am coming into this trial late, what are the names of Travis' family members that sit in the front row? (with so much class and composure)

Thank you so much for these great observations, PASA!

Which jurors would you pick to do the deliberations? Your notes and Katiecoo's notes really give us an inside view of the jurors and courtroom. I love them.

Thanks again!

You're very welcome.

Hmmm, that's tough, let me see.

CEO for sure, and the older men, Artist, Grandpa, Elderly man.
I think any of them will will be fine. They are all death penalty qualified, and I've not seen any indication they're not invested in the trial.

I told them that today...even used the word "thousands". I didn't say WS per se but I just said "court watchers". Tanisha smiled and said thank you.

Thank you katie....and I'm so sorry about your sister......after watching Jane and Travis' friend today talking about what an animal lover Travis was....I think I will put some cash in an envelope for the Humane Society of Mesa in Memory of Travis Alexander from Tulsa, Oklahoma.....wouldn't it be a lovely way to honor Travis and show his family how much people care from all over the world...

RIP Travis......no one believes you were a pedophile or an abuser or a sexual deviant...

I'm going to read back and answer questions, .etc. I will try to post the last part tonight.
I need to acknowledge my husband with some occasional conversation. LOL!

THANKS Pasa!! I LOVE the latte taunt! Wind kicked up here about 2pm blew over one of my metal chairs yikes! I'm north valley blew thru just dreary since!

Glad to hear Paul Rudd had look to give her some reason I was worried about him being younger male but I think Jury tired of her sex talk just like us!

I'd like to hear about dinner/happy hour feedback what's your take? All in agreement? I like Stacy cuz she can give reasonable LDS response.. Everyone acts like LDS is some bizarre religion really it's based on Bible like all the other Christian religions just they have additional text about native Americans being descended from lost tribes of Israel. Yeah they have rules about soda, caffeine & alcohol etc oddly..medical research kind of shows there views are actually healthy not to mention they have great focus on the family which clearly so many today don't hold on high regard anymore..

Anyway good stuff lady!!!

I think I read somewhere that Nurmi tried to get taken off the case but the court wouldn't allow him to. Is that right? So he's just stuck with her whether he wants to be or not?? Thanks in advance.

http://www./show/l8bs75

This will answer your question. It is a very interesting read.

Do the families enter the courtroom at the same time? Have they made eye contact? From watching Jodi's mom and aunt I get the feeling they are there because she's a daughter and niece. Their facial expressions do not look like fear or sympathy. Have you gotten any gut feeling about that?

Thanks watchers for sharing so much with us.
I notice on a lot of your juror observations that you mention most of them don't look at JA. When she looks over at the jury with every single answer, is she basically looking at the tops of their heads or their turned heads? The thought of that kind of makes me happy, like she knows they're not watching her performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876