a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you! Your son is wise. I have not been back on WS for some time after Casey Anthony. I get too involved.
Did you get to get inside the courtroom after day 3?? Did you sense people felt bad for the Anthony's??
Casey and Jodi remind me of each other and would probably make great friends.
PASA and KCL, who is the other Katie you refer to? Are Dr. Drew's people guaranteed seats every day? Are there lines to get into the courtroom everyday? Thank you as always!

We had gotten there at 5:30 AM and were some of the last to get in. After Day 3 the lines to get in got out of hand with people pushing and shoving. So I decided not to go back. Yes I feel that at that point you had to feel bad for them. You could feel the anguish coming from George. They issued us tickets to get in. I still have mine.

PASA said:
Juan asks ja about Casa Ramos. She goes into how she usually works for large chains. OMG, where does she come up with this stuff???

JM hit the idea of the manager not knowing about the injury a good deal. Something's up there. :dunno:

I'm so glad you, KatieCool and the other court watchers can see him in action!

It must be the suicide letters. I don't think I heard if they were admitted.

Thank you for letting me know they probably were not. Hopefully, we can find out next week if not before.

Jodi sat reading the pages and crying at the defense table. Then she did the same at the witness table during the sidebar. But there was no testimony about them.

Wow Tsunvirtual, I had no idea you'd attended the CA trial. How heartbreaking...sigh....(George, talk about being thrown under the bus).

I've said all along JA's mother can't win for losing. If she doesn't attend the trial for her daughter for her LIFE, how would she look/feel then ? If she does, she's under that microscope and associated w/ her daughter's horrible crime. None of us know what she thinks about Jodi's guilt/innocence but she does sit there with her own daughter speaking horribly even about HER from the stand...and ignoring her in the courtroom. I just can't imagine.....my heart goes out to anyone who's had to be a sociopath's family member.

And George and Cindy sat in the LAST row. Is the front row usually reserved for immediate family? hmm. KCL, is your spot reserved and can you get in even if you are not there very early?

And George and Cindy sat in the LAST row. Is the front row usually reserved for immediate family? hmm. KCL, is your spot reserved and can you get in even if you are not there very early?

I thought them sitting in the last row was interesting. To me it demonstrated how conflicted they were with the trial.

The family always has the first two rows. No, no reserved seats. They open the doors for family to walk in before anyone else (both sides) and I walk in with them then. There has always been a seat for me but they know to bump me if they have family there who needs that seat. Their Victim Advocate told me she'd put me in the Victim room with a monitor should that occur. One day Tanisha asked me to sit on the front row with them but other than that, I'm always in the second row. There are 3 other homicide victim's family members who sit there too...none of knew each other before coming to the trial.

I thought them sitting in the last row was interesting. To me it demonstrated how conflicted they were with the trial.

The family always has the first two rows. No, no reserved seats. They open the doors for family to walk in before anyone else (both sides) and I walk in with them then. There has always been a seat for me but they know to bump me if they have family there who needs that seat. Their Victim Advocate told me she'd put me in the Victim room with a monitor should that occur. One day Tanisha asked me to sit on the front row with them but other than that, I'm always in the second row. There are 3 other homicide victim's family members who sit there too...none of knew each other before coming to the trial.
BBM

:( It's like an awful club that no one ever wants to be in, but it bonds you together.

KCL, After seeing the pictures of your beautiful Sister it is no wonder you are so passionate about justice for the victim and their families. I am sure that shines through when you sit with them.

Is the Grandmother that raised TA and his siblings still alive? If so is she following the trial? I remember testimony that the D sent her flowers, just wondered if she is still with them?

Also, how far do they have to travel to get to court? Is anyone putting them up in the area? My heart aches for them to have to see these pictures and hear this testimony!

KCL, After seeing the pictures of your beautiful Sister it is no wonder you are so passionate about justice for the victim and their families. I am sure that shines through when you sit with them.

Is the Grandmother that raised TA and his siblings still alive? If so is she following the trial? I remember testimony that the D sent her flowers, just wondered if she is still with them?

Also, how far do they have to travel to get to court? Is anyone putting them up in the area? My heart aches for them to have to see these pictures and hear this testimony!

BBM, and I'm not Katie, but no, Gramma passed away last year :(

Not a very good copy but here's my ticket. Yes it was on the back row right side (as viewed from judge).

Attachments

• ticket.jpg
    ticket.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 91

At least one of them lives in California. Grandma passed away.

I hope and pray that someone has put them up during the trial. The expense of attending daily must be overwhelming. Then there's the cost of missing work.

If I recall correctly, Travis had 7 siblings. Does anyone know the order of the siblings (oldest, youngest, etc) and where Travis was in the order?

I think that GPS thing is interesting also. I believe it's going somewhere, just not sure where. I know he has lots of other info to impeach her on, not that he needs it but it's there.

I also think we've not heard the last of Matt M. I wonder if either side will call him....

JMHO, but I remember JA said that she printed out the route for her "planned" trip from MapQuest - showing the route from Yreka all the way down to San Diego, and then up to Utah.

So if she really didn't have a GPS and really didn't plan to visit Travis until she was in Pasadena, how would she know how to get to Mesa from Pasadena without a GPS, since she wouldn't have travelled that particular route before???? And then also from Mesa to Ryan, if that really was the first time she went to visit him, without a GPS????

Do you think that is where JM might be going with the GPS?

Is it Wednesday yet? :waiting:

BTW, I forget the reason for the delay. :waitasec:

Is it Wednesday yet? :waiting:

BTW, I forget the reason for the delay. :waitasec:

It was long scheduled as two dark days, but then the judge asked last week if jurors could go ahead and come in because of how long the trial is going. One of the jurors had a trip already planned and couldn't cancel it. :seeya:

You're very welcome. Thank you for your insight into what goes on behind the scenes, I appreciate your input.

From what you describe I believe it's the same with ja. She is taken to a room off the courtroom. I can't see what's back there, but my guess it's very similar to what you described above.

I have not engaged in any conversation with ja's family. I am civil and if she smiles I smile back. The father is not in good health (cancer treatments)? He was in court the day the sex tapes played. That's the only time I've seen him in court. I believe he and the mother are still married and no issues between them. I've seen two of ja's siblings *on the feed* and they seem to be close to their mother.

Yes, the laughing is odd. I don't know what to make of it. Have they been hoo-doo'd by ja and actually believe her? Are they overwhelmed and laugh because they are nervous? I dunno. In your experience, have you seen a defendants family act in such an odd manner?

Yes, the jury can see their behavior, if/when they look towards the family.
I haven't seen jurors look out into the gallery. They pretty much stick to note taking, and listening to testimony.
I think KCL has seen one or two of them look out into the gallery. I have not.

For what TA's family has been through they are being so strong. I'm in awe of their strength. I've met some of them and spoken a few words (I don't want to be intrusive) They all seem like a really nice, caring people.

Pasa I do not know what is wrong with JA's dad but the day he was in court, Someone on HLN said he gets dialysis six times per week. That is serious and very painful. Yet she threw him under the bus. HLN also said her grandpa (the one she lived with) was suffering from stage 4 cancer. All very very sad.

I followed the Casey Anthony trial from the first day I heard abut the 911 call. I attended the trial on day three and was actually seated next to Cindy and George. Cindy asked me how many people were waiting to get in and George just sat there crying quietly.

I think Ja's mom and aunt come to court every day to show she has family that cares about what happens to her. Maybe to possibly save her life.

I'm so impressed with Juan. He is so organized right by himself!

I'm close enough here I could probably make it to the Trayvon Martin case. But my son and I are having a disagreement about whther it's healthy to follow another trial. We'll see.

I would imagine the Anthony trial was mentally draining, especially after the verdict was read.

You are probably right. Even tho ja doesn't care about them, they care about her.

I may attend the Jerice Hunter trial once it gets underway. I will follow the ja trial and go from there.

Was she there last week or weeks before? The one I'm talking about showed up this past week and she doesn't sit with ja's family and she's not a relative. She was in row 3 seat 1. Behind the lady in the white shirt, if you watch the afternoon session on Thursday. I think she was seen after the afternoon break (on YouTube). She has long dark hair, and is wearing black. The top has a color block type white panel in the front. I don't know how to better describe the blouse, sorry.

Hi again. Yes she was there tis week. Didn't see the blonde. Will have to look at YouTube.

JM is the lone attorney for the State in the courtroom, but I suspect that he's getting a great deal of help back in the DA's office. Lots of times, even in civil cases, one lawyer will appear in court so as not to make it look like one side has superior resources or is "ganging up" on the other side.

Sorry I didn't explain better. I did mean he was the lone wolf in the courtroom. I can't imagine he has the resources or time himself to gather evidence, research, and all the other goings on behind the scenes of the trial.

Thank you for a great post, and correction. it's much appreciated.

It is NOT normal that a prosecutor would have a case of this magnitude and also working other cases. That really shocked me..I don't know how he does it.

If Jodi had stayed off the stand this trial would be over by now. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member