a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking along with others for a while and think this is probably the most insightful web spot concerning this case I have found. Mesa and Katie I not only enjoy reading your court room insider updates and posts but they give me and others a view beyond the live stream which gives a more complete perspective of the case then any of the talking heads.

JA is probably one of the most frustrating yet fascinating sociopathic personalities out there and I highly suspect there is a lot more going on inside that head then anyone of us is aware of. IMO she ranks equally if not on par with Ted Bundy and a few others famous serial killers in regards to her behavior and thinking process. I suspect JA has no real idea of "who" she actually is and I find it interesting that she has no real female friends at all, just men. I know in my own experience I have known one particular female at one time or another in my life I just felt something was very off about them. The kind you just could not form any type of connection with who seemed so superficial and fake. That one woman that you knew you could not trust around your husband or BF and not because you did not trust them so much but the fact you knew you could not trust her.
Hopping off my fence post now and Juan is probably the worst thing that ever happened to JA!:seeya:

Respectfully snipped for space.

Welcome to Websleuths! Loved your post, very interesting.

:welcome4:

My ex daughter in law has never had any "real" friends that are female..They figured her out pretty quick. I've seen her talk over her new husband (of two weeks) when he was on the phone with his boss and say into the phone that he, the boss, wanted her, and I knew he'd be the next one she used. I know I shouldn't of been shocked,but I was. She never changes, she is always right and everyone else is stupid.

She was abusive to my son (abused, neglected and sexual abuse to my grandchildren) and her next two husbands and children, would slap them in the face in front of people if they crossed her. She will never change, she just moves on to the next man who she convinces that he has to "save" her. She won't stop talking and they give up and give in to shut her up. I see this in Jodi.

The men just want her to go the hell away, but she doesn't, she has that hook of a child that she got pregnant with to seal the deal and keep her in their lives for ever. She is the one that has to end things, won't let anyone else or she puts them they hell and back.

I understand Travis's remark of your evil and the worse thing to ever have in his life. I see Travis as the victim of abuse. I wonder what Jodi did or said that made Travis afraid of her for him to tell friends that he might end up dead one day.

I'm so sorry for what your son and family have been through. It seems people like her never get what's coming to them.

Travis was the victim, not ja. MOO. He wasn't perfect, but none of us are. She got her hooks into him and like any good tapeworm, and wasn't going to let go of her host. :)

My ex daughter in law has never had any "real" friends that are female..They figured her out pretty quick. I've seen her talk over her new husband (of two weeks) when he was on the phone with his boss and say into the phone that he, the boss, wanted her, and I knew he'd be the next one she used. I know I shouldn't of been shocked,but I was. She never changes, she is always right and everyone else is stupid.

She was abusive to my son (abused, neglected and sexual abuse to my grandchildren) and her next two husbands and children, would slap them in the face in front of people if they crossed her. She will never change, she just moves on to the next man who she convinces that he has to "save" her. She won't stop talking and they give up and give in to shut her up. I see this in Jodi.

The men just want her to go the hell away, but she doesn't, she has that hook of a child that she got pregnant with to seal the deal and keep her in their lives for ever. She is the one that has to end things, won't let anyone else or she puts them they hell and back.

I understand Travis's remark of your evil and the worse thing to ever have in his life. I see Travis as the victim of abuse. I wonder what Jodi did or said that made Travis afraid of her for him to tell friends that he might end up dead one day.

One thing I suspect is that Travis like many "victims" of abusive people had a hard time being mean and had a hard time breaking away and being very clear with JA as to that. Yes he made attempts as can be seen in his text messages, but I suspect in any face to face confrontation with her he had a hard time expressing that same forcefulness and demeanor with JA. That is why abused people are easy targets. We are chosen based on certain personality traits and behaviors that abusers seek out and gravitate to. That's how Ted Bundy was able to lure certain types of women back to his car and yet others did not go with him.

Many time abuse victims deny their own gut feelings and we talk ourselves INTO unsafe relationships. Being a victim "in the past" now a survivor of others abuse, it took me a long long time to be assertive enough in relationships and figure out when a relationship was actually unhealthy and possibly dangerous and to cut all ties with them period. Sex tossed into this unhealthy relationship only makes for an even harder break away. JA used sex as her way back in plain and simple.

Abusers share many of the same qualities as JA but her ability to hide or better yet her inability to "feel" emotions the same way normal people do and lack of any empathy makes her IMO even more dangerous then a regular abuser. Victims of abuse, again what I think Travis actually was, do usually make hints to others as to the abuse but minimize it at the same time. Travis's telling others about the things she did such as coming into his home unannounced, breaking into his accounts, were a very "male" way of dealing with abuse. JA on the other hand told no one.....read a couple books while in jail and mimics other jailhouse woman that have been abused is all. Her not telling anyone or even hinting to her family, co workers etc...that alone is the red flag concerning her being abused.

My heart goes out to the real victims in all this, Travis and his family.

Rushing out the door but just wanted to say as I have to....$HAME on those defen$e expert$ for agreeing to perpetuate the FANTA$Y that this abuser is the abused and turning the tables and instead of using this story as a cautionary tale for MEN who are abused by this kind of stalking, obsessed and MURDEROUS female, they are digging in those stereotypes even further.

It is so incredibly disappointing that a female who has apparently devoted her life to helping TRUE abuse victims has turned on her people in this way. Now the only way my pre made perception of Alyce LaViolette could be reversed is if she uses that time on the stand to be a stealth witness and educate that jury on who was the TRUE abused (and murdered) in this equation.

Rant over...I need to catch a plane!:seeya:

I'm so sorry for what your son and family have been through. It seems people like her never get what's coming to them.

Travis was the victim, not ja. MOO. He wasn't perfect, but none of us are. She got her hooks into him and like any good tapeworm, and wasn't going to let go of her host. :)

Another excellent analogy PASA.

I posted a screen grab earlier from day 27 (last Tuesday) of the person behind ja's mom. Here's one from last Monday of her a little more covered up.
ja-day26-cc.jpg

If you jump to 18:40 here, you can see her really working over the gum. Hence my earlier suggestion of calling her CC (Chiclets Chick). (Maybe you'd had to have visited a Mexican border town for that to make sense.)
Day 26 Part 3

Attachments

• ja-day26-1.jpg
    ja-day26-1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 71
  • ja-day26-2.jpg
    ja-day26-2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 62
  • ja-day26-3.jpg
    ja-day26-3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 55
I posted a screen grab earlier from day 27 (last Tuesday) of the person behind ja's mom. Here's one from last Monday of her a little more covered up.
View attachment 30640

If you jump to 18:40 here, you can see her really working over the gum. Hence my earlier suggestion of calling her CC (Chiclets Chick). (Maybe you'd had to have visited a Mexican border town for that to make sense.)
Day 26 Part 3

Or Mexican restaurants. When we'd go to South Padre in the summer we always went in to Matamoros and the streets are lined with children and and old ladies selling Chiclets.

Rushing out the door but just wanted to say as I have to....$HAME on those defen$e expert$ for agreeing to perpetuate the FANTA$Y that this abuser is the abused and turning the tables and instead of using this story as a cautionary tale for MEN who are abused by this kind of stalking, obsessed and MURDEROUS female, they are digging in those stereotypes even further.

It is so incredibly disappointing that a female who has apparently devoted her life to helping TRUE abuse victims has turned on her people in this way. Now the only way my pre made perception of Alyce LaViolette could be reversed is if she uses that time on the stand to be a stealth witness and educate that jury on who was the TRUE abused (and murdered) in this equation.

Rant over...I need to catch a plane!:seeya:

I'm hoping to attend when she te$tifie$. She will get the evil eye from me if she doesn't speak the truth.

I'm going to hold judgement until she's on the stand. She could have been hoo'doo'd by ja as so many others... so we'll see. :)

I'm hoping to attend when she te$tifie$. She will get the evil eye from me if she doesn't speak the truth.

I'm going to hold judgement until she's on the stand. She could have been hoo'doo'd by ja as so many others... so we'll see. :)
Can't you picture an exchange on cross like this?
JM: "In your professional opinion, do false charges of abuse cause fewer women who are truly abused to come forward?"
KN: "Objection. Relevance."
--or more likely--
KN: "Objection. Relevance. Lack of foundation. Assumes facts not in evidence. Badgering."
since he likes to throw in several reasons for each objection, hoping one will catch the judge's ear.

View attachment 30640

Day 26 Part 3

CC is a nice name for her. If you go to about 20:02 she shows up again and you can see her body language. She's ill tempered and and pushy.

There has been little to no drama in the hall until she showed up... since then it's daily drama, and she's in the middle of it.

I heard her cussing out another person because she apparently didn't like what the person said. I felt like I was in the middle of the "Maury show

What is this nonsense on JVM about Travis having a record and jail time? I just tuned in..

You're so much nicer than me, but we already knew that. ;)

Hi KCL and PASA,

I heard that Jodi's mom reported jury misconduct on the 6th day of trial. Apparently she claimed to have evidence that Travis' family was speaking with jury.
I went back and looked at the Youtube video at the end of that trial day and the mom was dabbing her eyes and crying.
Lawyers were called up by the judge. I seem to recall hearing the judge speaking with all the jurors individually.
Were either of you there that day and did you see or hear anything about that?

Great interview Katie. All three of you were very informative.

The reason I don't think JA is setting back real victims of DV and will not affect their cases in the future is that JA is a pathological liar who has been caught in umpteem lies in addition to committing a heinous/brutal murder. Yes she has her supporters, as they exist in every case. Even Charlie Manson had/has supporters but ultimately that means nothing and it's of no consequence.

No one in either the legal or D.V. legal circles is going to point to this case in general or JA in particular and use it or her as an example of anything related to killing as a result of D.V. This crime fails on every level. She was not a victim of domestic violence, nor did she act in self-defense. JA is not a poster child for anything but extreme levels of lying, even when the lying doesn't ultimately benefit her.

She'll go down in history as a crazy obsessed stalker who plotted her ex-lover's murder and went to great lengths to carry it out. Her plan was idiotic from A to Z and her attempt at a coverup and the lying was even more ridiculous. Her crime isn't even very original. Were it not for the evidence that nailed her and the photos and the amount of sex in the case it wouldn't have garnered as much attention as it did.

I don't fear for any other victim based on this case. She's just another looney who will be in prison the rest of her life and will fade out. Jealousy, rage, revenge are still the hallmarks of most murders and this one fits right in with those.

The reason I don't think JA is setting back real victims of DV and will not affect their cases in the future is that JA is a pathological liar who has been caught in umpteem lies in addition to committing a heinous/brutal murder. Yes she has her supporters, as they exist in every case. Even Charlie Manson had/has supporters but ultimately that means nothing and it's of no consequence.

No one in either the legal or D.V. legal circles is going to point to this case in general or JA in particular and use it or her as an example of anything related to killing as a result of D.V. This crime fails on every level. She was not a victim of domestic violence, nor did she act in self-defense. JA is not a poster child for anything but extreme levels of lying, even when the lying doesn't ultimately benefit her.

She'll go down in history as a crazy obsessed stalker who plotted her ex-lover's murder and went to great lengths to carry it out. Her plan was idiotic from A to Z and her attempt at a coverup and the lying was even more ridiculous.

I don't fear for any other victim based on this case. She's just another looney who will be in prison the rest of her life.

Thank you for this Madeleine. Xo

We have to cast God... But he can't be Subpoenaed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touché! funnee... I missed that one...

But who is going to be cast for Gypsy Woman/Leopard Lady? :giggle:

Hello everyone. New poster here. I had to come out of my lurking. I am quite curious as to what this woman will say to defend Jodi. I wonder if Jodi has been able to CON her. I am thinking that Jodi has spent some time with other prisoners who have been abused and has taken snippets of things they have said and tied them into her relationship with Travis. Jodi seems to have spent a lot of time rehearsing for her "big day(s)" on the stand. The problem that she runs into is that once Mr. Juanderful crosses the defense witnesses he turns them into prosecution witnesses. :moo:
I do not think that Jodi was ever abused by Travis. I believe she abused him. She definitely snooped, tormented, broke into his email accounts, broke into his house, etc. She completely stalked him. That saddest thing to me is that he didn't realize how very dangerous she really was. I also think based on his childhood that he really wanted to help her. He really truly was a good friend and an amazing man. It's so sad that he ever met Jodi. I feel so horrible for his family and I pray for them daily. They are such amazing people and I respect them immensly for standing there every day and fighting for justice for their brother.
Thank you KCL and Pasa for your court room observations. They really mean a lot to many of us. I would love to go down and sit in court one day, but I don't want to intrude... so please tell the family that there are many of us who are there with them in spirit every day. I pray for Mr. Juanderful also. My prayers are that Jodi gets what is coming to her and that the people fighting for Travis and those who miss and love him are given strength and know in their hearts that justice will prevail.
(Sorry this is scatterbrained. I have so many things I wanted to post, but I don't think this is the right place for it.)

KCL- I am praying for you too. You are an extremely strong person, and I am sure your sister is proud of you.

I know I'm obsessed with this but a reminder that JANINE DRIVER will be meeting me in court on Wed and sitting with me in the first or second row of the family section. I've checked it out with the family who are welcoming her to sit with them/us. I want to find her the best seat to watch all of the jurors. I've rearranged my schedule to go for the entire day now. She has to fly back on a red eye that night, but thinks she will have time to meet after to discuss her impressions. I'm giving her a free copy of Anita Richman's jury list. ;)

I keep writing it because I'm still pinching myself this dream come true is really happening! I've been following her since long before this trial. She also had some really amazing observations re: Andrea Sneiderman. I find her perceptions fascinating (as I do Lillian Glass as well who's blog I need to start following--she read JA's mom /family here: http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/ )

I leave today for LA but will check in while I'm there. And will see you all from the courtroom on Wednesday! :seeya:

Do you know if she will be on any of the shows to talk about her observations? Or will you be sharing them here?

What is this nonsense on JVM about Travis having a record and jail time? I just tuned in..

I hope it's okay for me to answer this.
I read on another board that someone STOLE Travis' identity. This guy was arrested, jailed and wound up with a fine. (It was for an assault) He used Travis' ID, his address, even his phone #. Travis somehow found out about it and had to go through a bunch of garbage to get it removed from his record.

Isn't that terrible that someone would use his identity instead of their own and now that this trial is on, Jodi supporters are saying that it proves that Travis was abusive. IDIOTS. It wasn't even him. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro