a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Back at the Ranch.......

As I'm scoping out the jury I listen to the not so good doctor drone on about ja and her PTSD. My lil' ears perk up when he mentions ja's PTSD after the crime. Whaaaa? He said crime. Hmmm... Freudian slip?

JW asks why he's moving his hand up and down. I write "he's expressive for crying out loud". She's grasping at straws trying to make legal meaning out of simple hand gestures. I then write she's as bad if not worse than Nurmi.
His slow drawn out method is boring, but her Mini Mouse on speed style is scrambling my brain.
Me thinks the reason for ja's brain scramble is JW's style yet she blamed Juan.

I see JW approach towards Gus's doppelganger and then asks the judge if she can approach. I thought she was supposed to ask first then approach. Learn something new everyday.
JW is quite assertive, I bet the talking heads won't mention it, but it's noticeable to me.

RS goes into the tests he performed on ja while evaluating her condition. Blah blah blah

Tricolor: Notes, CEO: Notes, Nan: Notes, Paul Rudd: Notes, Grandpa: watching witness and JW. I can see Housewife as one of the heads in front of me moves. She's got her arms folded across her chest looking ahead. Hmmm, not buyin' what the defense is selling is my guess.
Power 4 (I think that's what KCL calls them) watching the witness and JW. They are so done with the BS. Power 4 (Lumberjack, CPA, Neil, and Elderly Man w/headphones), I think. KCL, correct me if I'm wrong. CEO is in the mix too, but he's in the front row.

RS a better witness than Gus, but it wouldn't take much. Some of what he says makes sense, some of it is BS.

I look over to the family. Samantha's taking notes, she is the note taker in the family.
They're nicely dressed and well groomed, Travis would be proud of how they represent his memory, with class and style.
I notice Harold is supportive of Tanisha as they listen to more excuses for why ja would murder their brother. They are such a nice couple, their love for one another radiates like an aura.

I put my sweater on, is it the A/C or ja who's giving me a cold chill. I look to my right and the girl next to me has kicked off her shoes and is sitting yoga style cross legged on the seat. Which wouldn't be a big deal except she's wearing a short dress. I try not to look in that direction again. :)

More later:

Home Depot is calling my name and hubby has been patient while I've typed out the latest installment.
Sorry, real life takes over at times. :)

JW voice reminds me of Reese Witherspoons character Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde."

The one email I've confirmed with tanisha (to her face) is the justice4travisalexander one. I will ask her about this other one on Monday. I think there could be two so wouldn't worry about it..I'll just confirm.

i would like to donate to the one with Tanisha but I don't have facebook?

I hope this question has not been asked but if so please direct me to the answers. Do all gas stations have video camera footage and if so wouldn't it be easier to see the third gas can on surveillance video? Does anyone think this would be introduced later?

I hope this question has not been asked but if so please direct me to the answers. Do all gas stations have video camera footage and if so wouldn't it be easier to see the third gas can on surveillance video? Does anyone think this would be introduced later?

Not all stations do, and if this one did it may have recorded over before the police could get to them.

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch.......

As I'm scoping out the jury I listen to the not so good doctor drone on about ja and her PTSD. My lil' ears perk up when he mentions ja's PTSD after the crime. Whaaaa? He said crime. Hmmm... Freudian slip?

JW asks why he's moving his hand up and down. I write "he's expressive for crying out loud". She's grasping at straws trying to make legal meaning out of simple hand gestures. I then write she's as bad if not worse than Nurmi.
His slow drawn out method is boring, but her Mini Mouse on speed style is scrambling my brain.
Me thinks the reason for ja's brain scramble is JW's style yet she blamed Juan.

I see JW approach towards Gus's doppelganger and then asks the judge if she can approach. I thought she was supposed to ask first then approach. Learn something new everyday.
JW is quite assertive, I bet the talking heads won't mention it, but it's noticeable to me.

RS goes into the tests he performed on ja while evaluating her condition. Blah blah blah

Tricolor: Notes, CEO: Notes, Nan: Notes, Paul Rudd: Notes, Grandpa: watching witness and JW. I can see Housewife as one of the heads in front of me moves. She's got her arms folded across her chest looking ahead. Hmmm, not buyin' what the defense is selling is my guess.
Power 4 (I think that's what KCL calls them) watching the witness and JW. They are so done with the BS. Power 4 (Lumberjack, CPA, Neil, and Elderly Man w/headphones), I think. KCL, correct me if I'm wrong. CEO is in the mix too, but he's in the front row.

RS a better witness than Gus, but it wouldn't take much. Some of what he says makes sense, some of it is BS.

I look over to the family. Samantha's taking notes, she is the note taker in the family.
They're nicely dressed and well groomed, Travis would be proud of how they represent his memory, with class and style.
I notice Harold is supportive of Tanisha as they listen to more excuses for why ja would murder their brother. They are such a nice couple, their love for one another radiates like an aura.

I put my sweater on, is it the A/C or ja who's giving me a cold chill. I look to my right and the girl next to me has kicked off her shoes and is sitting yoga style cross legged on the seat. Which wouldn't be a big deal except she's wearing a short dress. I try not to look in that direction again. :)

More later:

Home Depot is calling my name and hubby has been patient while I've typed out the latest installment.
Sorry, real life takes over at times. :)

First, thank you so much for this!!! These are great notes!

And second......I LOVE that the elderly ("older"? "more mature"?) gentleman is part of the "power 4" and not buying what the DT is selling. I loved this guy since I read he looked like a grandpa, but even MORE when he just yelled out to the judge he couldn't hear. Looove love love the grandpa!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JW voice reminds me of Reese Witherspoons character Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde."

Trust me, it's much worse in the courtroom. Louder and higher pitched than she comes across on the feed. :)

I thought Legally Blonde was a cute movie.

People have said JW comes across as if she despises her client, but honestly to me she doesn't in the least. She looks like she tolerates her just fine. Unless she's a world class actress? Compare her behavior to KN's behavior; quite a difference.

Something that keeps bothering me is that the TH's are all over the place with Jodi and Travis' size. I think I heard Jodi testify she was 5'5' to 5'5 1/2". I thought I heard that Travis was around 5'9" but I've heard the TH's go as high as 6'.

This information is static so why can't they get it right? News organizations are supposed to present facts. If they can't get these simple static details correct....or even consistent...geez!

They seem to portray him as a giant and her a frail little kitten.

IIRC Travis was 5' 9". And ja is 5' 6" He wasn't much taller than she was.

THs like to stir the pot. MOO.

People have said JW comes across as if she despises her client, but honestly to me she doesn't in the least. She looks like she tolerates her just fine. Unless she's a world class actress? Compare her behavior to KN's behavior; quite a difference.

Agreed. Nurmi acts like he would rather be having a root canal than be in the same room with ja.

I really dislike watching defense witnesses in general (esp when it's obvious the defendant is a stone cold killer) so I think I'm going to skip the rest of Gus2's direct testimony and just wait for the filleting by Mr. Juan on cross. And then I'll skip the D.V. direct testimony since that too has nothing to do with JA and only watch the cross.

ETA: as much as I adore Mr. Juan and am a big fan, I do confess I wish he would yell less and modulate more. He's a brilliant lawyer so he doesn't need to rely on screaming to effectively skewer on cross (except I guess for the robotic sociopath who got under his skin in a big way at some points). But he can keep the sarcasm cause I do like me some snarky sarcasm.

I was going back and forth between Poquito and Elderly Man "headphones".
Don't count out headphones.. Could be a power 5. LOL!

I wonder if Poquito would be ok with the name Poco? I wouldn't want
to make him mad. :)

Thanks for the clarification on who's who. :)

Ok, I really am outta here for now. :)

Sending good thoughts to you and your brother.

I LOVE your notes PASA. I like that both you and KCL record your thoughts and not just your observations. It's awesome to hear the authenticity come through your posts. I think we should call him Poquito Mas!!

First, thank you so much for this!!! These are great notes!

And second......I LOVE that the elderly ("older"? "more mature"?) gentleman is part of the "power 4" and not buying what the DT is selling. I loved this guy since I read he looked like a grandpa, but even MORE when he just yelled out to the judge he couldn't hear. Looove love love the grandpa!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're welcome. :)

There are two elderly guys. Grandpa is in the front row. The elderly man in the back row has headphones. I think both elderly men are aren't buying what the DT is selling. From what I can see they both look fit for their age. The one in the back might be a bit younger than the one in the front. P

Headphones is the one in back row who spoke up when he couldn't hear

Ja's aunt also wears those type headphones in court.

Sent from my PITA to type on iPad. LOL

I LOVE your notes PASA. I like that both you and KCL record your thoughts and not just your observations. It's awesome to hear the authenticity come through your posts. I think we should call him Poquito Mas!!

Thanks so much for your kind words. KCL and I sit on different sides of the courtroom and have different views. Some jurors she can see better than I can and vice versa. It has to do with the angle of the courtroom and how tall the people in front of me are. LOL

It's funny when we compare notes how similar our thoughts are on the jury and the goings on in the courtroom.

Poquito Mas is on the fluffy side. Not judging, just describing him. :). His ponytail is long. About to his waist.

I don't write a lot about the proceedings since they are shown on the live feed and YouTube. I try to bring some of what you don't see to share. And a few things I wish I hadn't seen, like the lady with see- thru tights bending over in front of me. :)

Thanks so much for your kind words. KCL and I sit on different sides of the courtroom and have different views. Some jurors she can see better than I can and vice versa. It has to do with the angle of the courtroom and how tall the people in front of me are. LOL

It's funny when we compare notes how similar our thoughts are on the jury and the goings on in the courtroom.

Poquito Mas is on the fluffy side. Not judging, just describing him. :). His ponytail is long. About to his waist.

I don't write a lot about the proceedings since they are shown on the live feed and YouTube. I try to bring some of what you don't see to share. And a few things I wish I hadn't seen, like the lady with see- thru tights bending over in front of me. :)

You have outstanding notes Pasa. I love reading about the Jury and things I can't see on the feed. Those times when we get a seal to the face. Or the audio is shut down. Sometimes interesting stuff happens.

I get excited too when you get in becuase you are one that has to wait and attempt to get in. You work hard for that seat dang-it.

I admit I did laugh when you said you took a drink and it went down the wrong pipe and you were thankful the snowy sound was on :lol:

I really dislike watching defense witnesses in general (esp when it's obvious the defendant is a stone cold killer) so I think I'm going to skip the rest of Gus2's direct testimony and just wait for the filleting by Mr. Juan on cross. And then I'll skip the D.V. direct testimony since that too has nothing to do with JA and only watch the cross.

ETA: as much as I adore Mr. Juan and am a big fan, I do confess I wish he would yell less and modulate more. He's a brilliant lawyer so he doesn't need to rely on screaming to effectively skewer on cross (except I guess for the robotic sociopath who got under his skin in a big way at some points). But he can keep the sarcasm cause I do like me some snarky sarcasm.

I've heard it a few times that in person Juan isn't "screaming" but because the mircrophones are so close to him we hear it louder on the feed. I tend to believe this characterization when you find he has "groupies" who actually go to all of his trials just to watch him work. If he was yelling and screaming as loud as he appears on the feed sometimes, I would think he would not only turn off jurors but also the "groupies" who follow him.

Look at how much we don't like JW and KN, Somehow I doubt either of them have groupies.

Yes! That's exactly what I've been calling her. Not just her voice, but her questioning style, too. I half expect her to break into the "Bend and Snap" in the middle of testimony. :floorlaugh:

ETA: I really like Legally Blonde, but c'mon now, short of figuring out you don't shower right after a permanent, Elle Woods was NOT a good lawyer!

I've heard it a few times that in person Juan isn't "screaming" but because the mircrophones are so close to him we hear it louder on the feed. I tend to believe this characterization when you find he has "groupies" who actually go to all of his trials just to watch him work. If he was yelling and screaming as loud as he appears on the feed sometimes, I would think he would not only turn off jurors but also the "groupies" who follow him.

Look at how much we don't like JW and KN, Somehow I doubt either of them have groupies.

Yes I've read the microphones pick up the sound in a way that accentuates the voices of those speaking.

There are times when JM has been yelling--not sounding like he is yelling because of the microphones, but actually yelling. I think it's effective in small doses and only small doses.

Don't get me wrong, I really adore this prosecutor and I've gone on record saying as much, but I'm just keepin' it real. There are times when JM loses his temper and while I understand it, I'm also aware of a visceral reaction I find myself having to it--and it's not a positive reaction. It's not wrong of him btw, it's just something I've noticed and reacted to.

How much longer do we guess ti mate the DT will take for direct of this witness?? I cannot imagine there is much more to cover. He saw her 12 times in many years and was paid by the defense to come up with a diagnosis.

I am so excited Janine will be back in the courtroom this week. Between KCL and PASA and Janine we will be well informed about the behind the scenes view!
Thank you to all!

Okay, let's see if I can "unscramble my brain" long enough to itinerize (I made that one up for Jodi) tomorrow's courtroom observer line-up. We have Janine Driver back in town, KCL and PASA as well as GobBluth in on vacation. And, of course, KDDJ and a guest juror for Dr. Drew.

Does this sound right?

Okay, let's see if I can "unscramble my brain" long enough to itinerize (I made that one up for Jodi) tomorrow's courtroom observer line-up. We have Janine Driver back in town, KCL and PASA as well as Godbluth in on vacation. And, of course, KDDJ and a guest juror for Dr. Drew.

Does this sound right?

Hahahhaha I just snorted out loud on "itinerize". Ha!

Ok I'm there all day Mon. Way late pm tues and Wed pm. Not sure on PASA. Now I'm hearing Janine just tues and Wed. And I think Travis friend Julie comes back from Utah this week. Of course kDDJ ...and confirmations still pending...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member