a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this I hear that the defense asked the family and supporters to remove their Travis ribbons and that the family refused, but supporters complied? Any info anyone??
I'd say our WS court attendees will have some notes about this when they pop in later!

That is what happened. Katie checked in and confirmed it.

Next Weeks Schedule for trial goers

1m
WildAboutTrial@WildAboutTrial

Court schedule for next week

m-w 10:30-4:30,
thursday 9:30-12
friday dark. #JodiArias

I'd say our WS court attendees will have some notes about this when they pop in later!

Thank you both. I find this unfair, but if it means she gets a fair trial and can't appeal, thats all I want. I really want this trial over and her with a needle in her arm.
I hope this jury is listening and getting that Jodi is not a victim.

twitter is saying court watchers are being ejected?? one said she wanted jodi to die?

Once you find a place I'm willing to pitch in for two months 100.00 each month (maybe more). Once we find the place I'm sure we can come up with 10 or 15 people to do the same. Also try corporate apartments.
I'm In....where are they staying now, does anybody know? I wouldn't mind paying for some nights...

Maybe the one Jodi made reference to,to her lawyer when jodi mouthed number 2. I hope JM knows about this and has a private conversation with the judge. They need to figure this one out.

First of all, JM can't have private conversations with the judge. And second of all, what in the world would he say? "I think the defendant was talking about juror #2"?? What's wrong with the defendant liking a juror, or thinking that juror might be on their side, or talking about a juror, or laughing about a juror, or trying to make eye contact with a juror?

First of all, JM can't have private conversations with the judge. And second of all, what in the world would he say? "I think the defendant was talking about juror #2"?? What's wrong with the defendant liking a juror, or thinking that juror might be on their side, or talking about a juror, or laughing about a juror, or trying to make eye contact with a juror?

I'm just not seeing what other people are seeing anyhow. Looks like she was just observing something strange one of the jurors did and Wilmott was laughing with her. Nothing more. Jury doesn't look at Jodi. NOW enough from me! Waiting for notes. Sounds like the jury was bored ALL DAY, even when Juan was up.

It's very common in courtrooms across the country for the victim's family & friends to be barred from wearing any button, pin, sign or anything that indicates they are remembering and reminding people of their loss. Court is supposed to be a neutral zone where the jurors are to consider the evidence and then the laws, following the instructions they are given. Feeling sorry for the victim's family is not supposed to factor into their legal obligation. And while we observers have all kinds of emotions, court is a very serious place. The law comes first, not feelings. That said, some courtrooms are more strict than others, and some pins/ribbons are more subtle than others. So it all depends on the jurisdiction and judge.

It's very common in courtrooms across the country for the victim's family & friends to be barred from wearing any button, pin, sign or anything that indicates they are remembering and reminding people of their loss. Court is supposed to be a neutral zone where the jurors are to consider the evidence and then the laws, following the instructions they are given. Feeling sorry for the victim's family is not supposed to factor into their legal obligation. And while we observers have all kinds of emotions, court is a very serious place. The law comes first, not feelings.

And I would really hate to have her conviction overturned on appeal because of the pins possibly affecting the jury. If it's something that needs to be done, it may be best. Maybe wear the pin under a sweater or low so no one can see it.

So many notes I may wait til am - still gotta do hospital then cat duty and I'm exhausssssted

So many notes I may wait til am - still gotta do hospital then cat duty and I'm exhausssssted

take your time, i still feel just honored that you do this for the family and for us - its just so selfless, i wanna be u when i grow up :great: (from my 2nd childhood)

Go find something with an elephant on it and wear that. :)

Navy blue is a beautiful color. I bet one could find ties, hair bows/barrettes, necklaces, scarfs, shirts and all kinds of things to wear in Navy. Mixed up variety might look w⃥o⃥n⃥d⃥e⃥r⃥ errrr, I mean Juanderful on anyone!

Pins back on family off everyone else

I love that they stood their ground, but more so they exercised their right to wear the ribbons. Can you ask the family for extra ribbons to sell, and/or put them in your action? Maybe $10,00 a ribbon all proceeds go to the family. I would love one.

YAY, KCL was in court today. Dick is a bonafied quack, mho. I also want to say - how dare he say in his words that JA is a peace loving individual.

Catch ya tonight after H.H.

Hey all! So anxious for our observers to get to us in a bit & fill us in on all the crazy going on today! Especially their take on the jurors! I hope they know how very much we appreciate them! There have been so many offers today to help the Alexander family with lodging expenses, & money being so tight for most of us, the generosity is overwhelming! Once some sort of a designated account is established I will also be able to donate to it. I'm not able to be quite as generous as some of you, but I'm sure what each one can feasibly do it will add up quickly & take a huge load off this amazing family. I will keep checking this thread for that information & I'm sure our dear moderators will then add a link for us on the main page. On a side note, KCL, I'm keeping you & your brother in my prayers, as unfortunately I know all too well what a painful & difficult time this is for you both. My 42 yo son is going through an identical crisis. Fortunatey for us though, he is in a 'hospital diversion house' while they try to level him back out on his meds. It's heartbreaking & incredibly stressful on everyone involved. God bless, take good care of you, and, as always, thank you again so very much for all you do for SO many! Oh! And...will you be taking Det Flores for a drink at the end of this trial, or will he be taking you to dinner??!! LOL! You know we'll want all the juicy details!!

I know I have said this before but I am just now watching and listening to the afternoon session from today. Nurmi does not even acknowledge his clients existence. I have NEVER seen anything like it. Even during a break he can be standing right beside her and he looks right through her. She seems to know it too. Would love to have Janine Driver's take on this.

En route I detoured for a starbucks

Strawberry frap? :floorlaugh:

Question for the observers, who is JA looking at? It seems like she's kind of looking at the camera in a way. Before she seemed to look forward, now it looks like she looks towards her left.

The judge went over the future schedule at the end of the day.

Monday 3/25 - 10 AM to 4:30
Tues & Wed 3/26, 3/27 - 10:30 to 4:30
Thurs 3/28 - 9:30 to 12:30
No Court Friday March 29

No Court Monday April 1st
Tuesday April 2nd 10 AM to 4:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online