a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KateiCoolLady, You, and your bro are in my nightly prayers. I am sure you are running on fumes at this point - what a week you had. I love the saying - this to shall pass. I hope that helps, if only a little.

It would be great if someone could sponsor them with free lodging. This would be the biggest cost. If someone has huge home or empty appartment. Would there be any groups or gov't programs that provide assistance for family?

Does anyone know where they are staying now and how big of a place do they need? And I am assuming as close to the courthouse as possible?

Jodi got busted for passing things to her mom via the MIT spec 2 days ago- hey retaliated w the ribbons it's believed

For you Travis - they might try to fade the ribbon's away, but your spirit and memory can't be faded. So new ribbons to use -- to place on facebook, the other pages or anywhere and everywhere!
Yeah, my way of venting is often graphic!

Baby avatar size or siggy line size:
ASCIItravisavatarribbon.jpg

ASCIItravisribbon.jpg

I will clarify all of this today...what Sam wants as the best place to send donations. Anytime of course anyone can send a check to me and I will hand deliver it and get you a personal response. ;) I'm happy to do that as it makes me feel good to see their face when I hand it to them. My client yesterday handed me two 10's after hearing about them and I brought it right to the courthouse and gave it to Sam. I'm glad the camera wasn't on THAT, people would have been all atwitter about what kind of deal was going down there. ;)

Katie, are these donations being divided up equally between all of Travis' brothers & sisters? I really don't care which one I help, but I'm just hoping that everyone in that family is being equally helped, rather than everything going to a select few with the others struggling to pay out of pocket.

Also, I didn't understand your post a few posts back, "they didn't expect to stay over for court today so they were scrambling for accommodations" :what: - Travis' family has been in court every day, haven't they? As huge as this trial is, I can't believe that some hotel chain or other philanthropist hasn't stepped forward on Travis' behalf, paying for accommodations for his dedicated family.

What a sad statement of humanity. :(

Katie, are these donations being divided up equally between all of Travis' brothers & sisters? I really don't care which one I help, but I'm just hoping that everyone in that family is being equally helped, rather than everything going to a select few with the others struggling to pay out of pocket.

Also, I didn't understand your post a few posts back, "they didn't expect to stay over for court today so they were scrambling for accommodations" :what: - Travis' family has been in court every day, haven't they? As huge as this trial is, I can't believe that some hotel chain or other philanthropist hasn't stepped forward on Travis' behalf, paying for accommodations for his dedicated family.

This is in the works

BBM

Originally, there wasn't going to be trial today since they were expecting to be on the next witness who isn't available this week - I think that is what she meant.

Sam handles all the family donations and I have clear info to share later- still at the rooftop

For you Travis - they might try to fade the ribbon's away, but your spirit and memory can't be faded. So new ribbons to use -- to place on facebook, the other pages or anywhere and everywhere!
Yeah, my way of venting is often graphic!

Baby avatar size or siggy line size:
ASCIItravisavatarribbon.jpg

ASCIItravisribbon.jpg

Love you ANJ!

BBM

Originally, there wasn't going to be trial today since they were expecting to be on the next witness who isn't available this week - I think that is what she meant.

What does the family currently do, come in for the week of trial, moving into a hotel room for the week?

Are any of them from the area, or even live within the confines of Arizona?

Dr Drew keeps showing a clip of the family in court and there is a very young girl in the row that I don't recognize. Anyone know who that is?

It would be great if someone could sponsor them with free lodging. This would be the biggest cost. If someone has huge home or empty appartment. Would there be any groups or gov't programs that provide assistance for family?

Many years ago when I was in the Hotel Industry...on several occasions we housed parents of ill children ...we also helped out a family who's home burned down and they had 2 day old twins and 3 other children under the age 7...most hotels will help if asked....but you have to go to the top. Also, I would check with the Mormon Church (Bishop) I am sure they would help.

Sam handles all the family donations and I have clear info to share later- still at the rooftop

If you are reading this on the rooftop, please check your pms for an important message from me. Thanks!

Jodi got busted for passing things to her mom via the MIT spec 2 days ago- hey retaliated w the ribbons it's believed

Katie, do you know that for fact...about being busted for passing the notes? if so....WHOOPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:great::great::great:

I don't want to be a downer, but TA's family should make sure that any direct donations to them will not be counted as taxable income per the IRS.

Just a thought: RCI and Interval International Exchange allow timeshare owners to trade in their timeshare weeks to travel to another time share.....they also allow timeshare owners to donate their timeshare week to charity. If anyone is a timeshare owner and a member of either of these companies it would be worth a call. I know II exchanges with the Marriott Timeshares and someone mention one in the area today.

Also timeshare owners may be willing to help if they were aware of the need. They have sites where they rent their weeks out too....I will have to look for the site name.

Shouldn't the mit spec know better than to pass notes?
Any word on if there will be any repercussions for her?

JA will break laws just for the heck of it... She might even make up laws if there aren't any.... Just so she can break them....

But the MIT Spec caught passing notes/etc.?

Will we hearing about repercussions?

:please:

Why don't you guys start a new thread devoted to the housing/food expenses for TA's family and that way people can follow along, donate whatever they can, be it goods or services or a donation to the Justice4Travis fund and catch up on what is needed at the present time, rather than try to dig through and look for that information in the court observer thread or the KCL thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89