a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been online since early this morning...came here to plead (humbly and beggingly) for a quic,k synopsis...

Silly me. :)

Just call me "Grasshopper". ;)

Thanx, KCL, for the future update. I'm sure you know that we all (well, almost all) appreciate your (and PASA's, and other court watchers') info, as soon as you and others have time to relay it. :hug:

Hi Honey...I'm hoooommmeee...

Starting with dessert first I"ll just share from the convo we had with Beth at the trucks before leaving for the evening (new hair looks mahvelous btw)

She said that in an extended hearing with LaViolette before the trial it was decided she can testify to NOTHING having to do with Travis being an "abuser". She can only testify to Jodi.

Maybe you know this...I didn't. This really deflates the defense balloon.

Ok...headed to my notes now..........:seeya:

Did you hear Jean C twice today talk about the juror closest to Jodi, she yawned hugely when Juan was questioning Samuel about the Book of Mormon...

Yes I caught that. I would rather hear reports from Beth karas.
I just have trust in her reporting the facts.

and this kinda of stuff going on just completely amazes me the judge (who today looked frazzled and nervous) lets this continue. Does she even look out into the courtroom? I would like a courtroom watcher answer me if they read this..

thank you

Lets what continue? :waitasec:

Starting with dessert first I"ll just share from the convo we had with Beth at the trucks before leaving for the evening (new hair looks mahvelous btw)

She said that in an extended hearing with LaViolette before the trial it was decided she can testify to NOTHING having to do with Travis being an "abuser". She can only testify to Jodi.

Katie
But the defence doesn't seem to adhere to any rules regarding what their experts can say and not say.

Ok pasa and KCL
I brought this from the other thread. I'm wondering if you observed this?
I have noticed 3 different times that Jodi is trying to tell JW something about one of the jurors. After the 5 minute break when the jury was, walking in Jodi stood up on her tippy toes and looked at one of the jurors and then whispered to JW. She has whispered and had JW look over at the jury box 2 other times today...hmmm wonder what she is up to? It could be something else but its bugging me...although everything Jodi does bugs me!! Hmmmmm

I've seen her watch the jury as they enter the courtroom and leave. They do not look at her. I've not seen them look at her or over in her direction since she's been sitting at the defense table.
Whatever she is up to, the jury isn't falling for it.

Like wow!!!! That is huge

I've seen her watch the jury as they enter the courtroom and leave. They do not look at her. I've not seen them look at her or over in her direction since she's been sitting at the defense table.

One of the jurors have definitely caught her eye. She keeps leaning in to Wilmott and whispering like a teenager about them. Remember, Jodi is a narcissist and has a very distorted view of how people perceive her. She could read into something small as being very big. She seemed to really think the detective liked her at the beginning of her interrogation.

Thanks again for your insights everyone!

"Aren't you being a bit selective?" - JM YES!

Martinez pacing like a jungle cat.

JW on the edge of her elevated seat...are her feet actually touching the ground? Barely I think. I can barely see JA as her seat back almost covers JA's entire head...ridiculous.\

Media chuckles behind me re: "feelings for defendant".

CEO looks off and on at JA during the long sidebar. His head back, chin jutting forward, drumming fingers on his forearm. I've never seen him do this. She's not looking back.

Paul R. chewing gum furiously, rubs bridge of nose then forehead on "approach please" writing notes on the sidebar

Rs seems to just adjust and adapt everything he says around making it fit with the defense even if he contradicts himself all over the place.

I wanna see this 18 page letter.

Where is the avoidance? Letters , flowers, visits, memorial service, calls, text...the opposite. How he has managed to spin this makes no sense. No note taking during this craziness.

Excuses excuses excuses

JM mentions "responsibility" vs. "trauma" He catches everything! "maybe I misspoke" RS admits

This is such BS.

Wow, bringing in the police officer comparison--how it doesn't distinguish--brilliant. HW taking notes -- only one on the front.

Did you hear Jean C twice today talk about the juror closest to Jodi, she yawned hugely when Juan was questioning Samuel about the Book of Mormon...

She said it was a woman juror closest to ja who yawned?

Yes I caught that. I would rather hear reports from Beth karas.
I just have trust in her reporting the facts.

You and me both. Beth is the best trial reporter on the airwaves. :)

CEO looks like he's watching a sporting event.

Maureen - navel intelligence

Willie almost rolled his eyes at Dr. $

CEO, HW, Church Lady note taking re: text messages

"staging the scene" WOW

JW looks very annoyed

"now you're trying to be a wordsmith" re: trauma (lol)

"different essence"? re: trauma (now he's gonna split hairs on THAT?)

Dr. $ trying to eavesdrop again at sidebar re: military

Wrestler swiveling, grinning big--looks at gallery during sidebar

One of the jurors have definitely caught her eye. She keeps leaning in to Wilmott and whispering like a teenager about them. Remember, Jodi is a narcissist and has a very distorted view of how people perceive her. She could read into something small as being very big. She seemed to really think the detective liked her at the beginning of her interrogation.

Thanks again for your insights everyone!
All the silly whispering and smiling and eye-rolling with JA and JW today was just stupid. Like two high school bullies ganging up on someone.

moo

Pasa
Thank you for responding. I brought that post over from the last thread.

JM snatched that microphone at the bench during the sidebar and pulled it over to him sharply--vehemently arguing his point re; the issue of TA being upset (presumably)

Barb , Poquito giggling during SB

Tri color taking notes during SB (later I note she's either drawing or doodling...her note taking has dwindled seriously in the last week)

CEO looking all around

Paul R leaning all the way over rubbing the back of his own neck (he really does not feel well and it shows)

wrestler yawning

JA chair so low I can barely see her--Alice in Wonderland again

CPA, Wrestler swivel while Dr. $ reads and reads and takes up minutes and minutes readinggggggggggg...this felt like forEVER in the courtroom, awkward. I decided he's a comfortable narcissist to take up so much time like that. Feels like he's just buying time to formulate a game plan on how to next deal with JM

Ponytail checks bangs for split ends

Jurors look fidgety as he reads..reminds of those long reads w/ Jodi..several similarities between Dr. $ and JA testimony (ugh)

Judge S almost glaring at him while he goes soooo sllllowwww

Paul R drinking gatorade

Seems he's buying time to collect his thoughts...manipulative

Jurors look annoyed at the stalling esp the males

Ponytail has her head laid back on the back of her chair.

There is a juror question...didn't see it go in, who or anything.

All the silly whispering and smiling and eye-rolling with JA and JW today was just stupid. Like two high school bullies ganging up on someone.

moo

It was disgusting and I hope the jury sees how bizarre their behaviour is...:twocents:

You and me both. Beth is the best trial reporter on the airwaves. :)

Yes Beth karas is so spot with what she reports in contrast to jean c.
almost seems like they are at separate trials.

When JW got up for the re-re-re-direct (I thought there were only two rounds, not three, after jury questions) it sounded to me like she was almost hyperventilating and her voice was trembling. Other than her witness's credibility being destroyed, which she should be used to by now, what was it that made her so emotional today? Or did she not come across that way inside the courtroom?

Bailiff looks cute today with her ponytail, no glasses, eye makeup.

5/26/08 slips out as date of the texts...2 days before staged gun theft

Note taking on fight/flight Nancy, Tri, HW, Paul R. , Maureen

trained in "empathy" (ok, um isn't it something you just kind of have? or not?) that was weird

Basically he's saying he's trained to care but not to care

He's protesting too much to be "objective listener"

Accurate sacrosanct! (whatever that means)

"rest of report filled with accuracy" laughs behind me in media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member