a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good post and I couldn't agree more.

Sad that the media has focused on the "salacious sex" and not the murder. IMO there isn't "salacious sex" and I am sick of hearing about it. It has nothing to do with the murder and it is only the deflection of a psychopath.

Juan is a "rockstar" and people are enthralled with him because he is a very smart man. His courtroom style is passionate. I know that it is his "job" to take these cases to trial and get convictions and maximum sentences but it is obvious he takes his job very seriously. Witnessing his kind moments with the Alexander family is beautiful and I am so glad that there are people like him in this world.

They have to stop showing pictures of her and Travis together. They finally quit the "beautiful photographer" nonsense, but they really shouldn't be glamorizing a killer. I have to come here and other sites to get the real news, TV only has GOSSIP.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) So I've been wondering, how is it known what a juror has said? Who was this said to? Is someone following the jury around? Or is this just more BS from the media/DT?

They have to stop showing pictures of her and Travis together. They finally quit the "beautiful photographer" nonsense, but they really shouldn't be glamorizing a killer. I have to come here and other sites to get the real news, TV only has GOSSIP.

Oh there's gossip everywhere including web forums. None are immune. Misinformation is spread everywhere far and wide. If you only want the facts then the court record and legal docs of a case is the only source for the plain truth. Everything else has a spin to it, even if it's inadvertent.

And reality is: sex sells, even to those who say they are not interested in that aspect of a case. It does. Men, women...everyone. People tune in, pay attention and discuss when there's something enticing. I've even seen hundreds of comments talking about how disgusting it (the sexual aspect) is while they describe in detail exactly what all they find disgusting...kind of similar to when Jodi looks through her fingers covering her face to see what she claims to not want to see. Oh the irony.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) So I've been wondering, how is it known what a juror has said? Who was this said to? Is someone following the jury around? Or is this just more BS from the media/DT?

From what I read, the jurors were questioned one by one in the presence of the judge and attorneys on both sides. It doesn't say if all the jurors were present. If they were waiting together while each was being questioned separately, maybe Tri-color made some sort of comment to the others. Maybe she complained about all the waste of time. Poor Tri-color.

Oh there's gossip everywhere including web forums. None are immune. Misinformation is spread everywhere far and wide. If you only want the facts then the court record and legal docs of a case is the only source for the plain truth. Everything else has a spin to it, even if it's inadvertent.

And reality is: sex sells, even to those who say they are not interested in that aspect of a case. It does. Men, women...everyone. People tune in, pay attention and discuss when there's something enticing. I've even seen hundreds of comments talking about how disgusting it (the sexual aspect) is while they describe in detail exactly what all they find disgusting...kind of similar to when Jodi looks through her fingers covering her face to see what she claims to not want to see. Oh the irony.

Honestly, my husband became interested after all the smut. However, he learned the true gravity when I showed him the crime scene/autopsy photos. He now thinks JA should get the needle.

Wanted to say :seeya: and have a great day to those going and attempting to go to court today.

I'm peeved there is only 2 court days this week. :mad: In my unprofessional opinion it's a crock of ca ca. How can these jurors not go insane. I'm going insane. What about the the family. This trial needs to get back on the road and start trucking at 4 days a week.

Ridiculous! I wonder if the Judge gives the jury the option of adding more days to the docket? I would.

Someone PLEASE tell me this juror issue won't cause a mistrial!? I mean that's what alternates are for, right? TIA.

Absolutely. Even the defense motion mentions a mistrial OR getting rid of #5.

I don't see why, from her docket, that this trial can't be held on Thursday but it definitely isn't listed. She's got the usual morning cases but that's it.

ETA: I read elsewhere that MAYBE the court schedule hasn't been updated yet due to the holiday weekend. So there's still hope for Thursday.

WildAboutTrial@WildAboutTrial

Juan exits chambers and grabs Travis' family and brings them back to chambers.I hope they have enough plush red seats back there.

That doesn't sound good with bringing Travis' family into it. :(

That doesn't sound good with bringing Travis' family into it. :(

No it doesn't.

WildAboutTrial@WildAboutTrial

Just to recap, counsel, Travis' sisters and #JodiArias are in chambers with Judge Stephens. We are still waiting in an empty courtroom.

Hopefully they are just doing the hearing in chambers re: the juror, outside of the media, and that's why Travis' family was taken back.

Since the records of the jury questioning was sealed, the judge may want this hearing sealed, too....

From what I read, the jurors were questioned one by one in the presence of the judge and attorneys on both sides. It doesn't say if all the jurors were present. If they were waiting together while each was being questioned separately, maybe Tri-color made some sort of comment to the others. Maybe she complained about all the waste of time. Poor Tri-color.

I do feel very sorry for this jury. So then it could have been another juror who made reference to what Tri-color said? And if that were tru then it would have been said in front of the DT? So I guess it would all depend on what the juor said, who knows, maybe it was just negative about the DT?

Hopefully they are just doing the hearing in chambers re: the juror, outside of the media, and that's why Travis' family was taken back.

Of course my mind is jumping all over the place. Is a mistrial being declared? Is Jodi trying to cop a plea? Has the defense pulled the family in to accuse them of something? Was Jodi giving a juror the finger the day we saw her? And on and on!

Absolutely. Even the defense motion mentions a mistrial OR getting rid of #5.

I don't see why, from her docket, that this trial can't be held on Thursday but it definitely isn't listed. She's got the usual morning cases but that's it.

ETA: I read elsewhere that MAYBE the court schedule hasn't been updated yet due to the holiday weekend. So there's still hope for Thursday.

Thanks! fingers crossed...

Maybe it's the blue ribbons. Nurmi said he would ASK for a mistrial if the family didn't stop wearing them. Maybe that's why they called the family in. Maybe jury figured out what blue ribbons meant.
Maybe maybe maybe. Sorry for my musing.

Another similarity between Scott & Jodi - Scott had a tendency to throw out, or extrapolate, big words inappropriately as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper