a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true the Defense wants JM to stop using 30 or so words when he speaks? Is that crazy or what!

Nurmi filed a motion to try to keep prosecutor Juan Martinez from using in his arguments words such as "senseless:, "depraved." "gratuitous." "helpless" etc. per AZRepublic.

Do you have a link?

Mike's description of the "salaciousness" of the trial being a big element pulling people in is accurate. I mean there are full threads worth just discussing the most graphic photos of JA, so it stands to reason the same would be attracting the general public. As for his description of JM the acerbic part is accurate, the 'slashing' part is a strange word to use. JM is as he always has been--a pit bull type who takes no prisoners (pun intended). That he's now gaining fame for it is because the case itself has gained national attention and a national audience. JM just happens to be the prosecuting attorney so it's not like he has a say in the matter or control of it (of fame vs. no fame).

If you fill in Nurmi's pauses.....let's go back a bit....etc. there are more than 30 words when he speaks and asks a question.

Sorry LampChop I did not explain that correctly. I was editing as you were posting. Nurmi wanted Martinez not to use certain words. I hope I explained this better above. This was per the AZ Republic today.

Can N even ask the prosecution to do this?

Is it true the Defense wants JM to stop using 30 or so words when he speaks? Is that crazy or what!

Nurmi filed a motion to try to keep prosecutor Juan Martinez from using in his arguments words such as "senseless:, "depraved." "gratuitous." "helpless" etc. per AZRepublic.

AYFKM? :facepalm:

Do you have a link?

Sorry I don't know how to post a link. I was just reading it in the AZRepublic this AM under "Arias' attorneys request mistrial, claim juror bias" by Michael Kiefer. The Republic AZCentral.com Page 5 Section B.

FYI ill be going to court this afternoon but not until the second section of the pm. An hour is better than nothing. I'll be there all day Wed and thurs.

FYI ill be going to court this afternoon but not until the second section of the pm. An hour is better than nothing. I'll be there all day Wed and thurs.

Is there court on Thursday?

Sorry I don't know how to post a link. I was just reading it in the AZRepublic this AM under "Arias' attorneys request mistrial, claim juror bias" by Michael Kiefer. The Republic AZCentral.com Page 5 Section B.

Nurmi also filed a motion to try to keep prosecutor Juan Martinez from using in his arguments words such as “senseless,” “depraved,” “gratuitous violence” or “helpless,” which have very specific meanings in determining whether a defendant is eligible for the death penalty.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130401jodi-arias-trial-juror-dismiss.html

If you want to know...on the website you are viewing right click the website url at the very top in your browser to hightlight...then after hightlighted left click your mouse select copy then left click your mouse again to paste the link.

This is interesting I wonder if "murder" is also included? DT didn't want JM saying it early on but it's come out numerous times now.

Nurmi also filed a motion to try to keep prosecutor Juan Martinez from using in his arguments words such as “senseless,” “depraved,” “gratuitous violence” or “helpless,” which have very specific meanings in determining whether a defendant is eligible for the death penalty.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130401jodi-arias-trial-juror-dismiss.html

If you want to know...on the website you are viewing right click the website url at the very top in your browser to hightlight...then after hightlighted left click your mouse select copy then left click your mouse again to paste the link.

This is interesting I wonder if "murder" is also included? DT didn't want JM saying it early on but it's come out numerous times now.

Well, I think the defense team and all the witnesses should be made to stop calling the killing an "incident"........that makes me crazy!

I wondered if any spent shells were ever uncovered too. Since it was given to grandpa after the owner died, it would be a good idea to check around his house. Surely, somebody fired that gun at some point. I know they recovered the box of shells at grandpa's house, but I don't know if that helps them at all. Are bullets maked to show the batch they came from? I find it interesting that they can trace a garbage bag back to a specific batch, so why not bullets?

IF they recovered a box of unused 25 bullets then the shell casing recovered at the scene of the crime can be traced to that box of bullets (if it came from the box. I remember seeing this on one of the crimes on Dateline once:

"Bullet Identification Technology: A modern crime fighting tool
In an effort to provide law enforcement with modern crime fighting tools, a new patentpending bullet identification technology known as the Ammunition Coding System (ACS) has been developed. ACS assigns a unique code to every round of ammunition manufactured, and by recording sales records, law enforcement personnel will be able to easily trace the ammunition involved in a crime and have an avenue to pursue and solve even the most difficult cases. The key to ACS is the unique code that is micro-laser engraved on factory-produced ammunition. This laser engraving is etched on both the projectile and the inside of the cartridge casing. Each code will be common to a single box of cartridges and unique from all other ammunition sold. The unique ACS codes will be tracked and records maintained to identify individual ammunition purchases. The ACS technology will provide a method for law enforcement personnel to trace ammunition purchases and link bullets and cartridge cases found at crime scenes to the initial retail ammunition purchaser. This system will not necessarily prove who pulled the trigger, but it will provide law enforcement with a valuable lead and a starting point to quickly begin their investigations. The design of the ACS laser engraving system will allow law enforcement personnel to identify the bullet code in cases where as little as 20% of the bullet base remains intact after recovery. Since bullets are designed to keep the base solid and in its original configuration, the likelihood of ACS codes remaining legible after recovery is very high. Law enforcement testing has already shown a 99% success rate in identifying the ACS code after bullet recovery."

http://www.ammocoding.com/

Well, I think the defense team and all the witnesses should be made to stop calling the killing an "incident"........that makes me crazy!

MY MOTION: Motion to preclude defense and defendant from using the words:
Passed away
and the phrase
How did that make you feel.

:banghead: WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP ---------> There folks is your............
1.4+ MILLION

Both didn't graduate.
Both obsessed with their hair.
Both wore glasses.
Both play courtroom assistant.
Both got "sick" in court.
Both cry fake tears.
Both have breast implants.
Both sleep in cars.

ok I will stop....

Both LIE

Sorry LampChop I did not explain that correctly. I was editing as you were posting. Nurmi wanted Martinez not to use certain words. I hope I explained this better above. This was per the AZ Republic today.

Can N even ask the prosecution to do this?

Before trial they tried to prevent the state from referring to TA as the victim. Didn't work but they tried.

Yes, which is why this case will go into July at this rate!

Ridiculous! I wonder if the Judge gives the jury the option of adding more days to the docket? I would.

Someone PLEASE tell me this juror issue won't cause a mistrial!? I mean that's what alternates are for, right? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn