a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow night owls. I wonder if the gun was ever used for target practice. Maybe theres a bullet lodged in a tree somewhere? Dianne Downs threw the gun away. Investigators went to her hometown and dug a bullet out of a tree and matched it to the bullets that were removed from her kids. Dianne is a woman who was on trial for shooting her kids.

Hi fellow night owls. I wonder if the gun was ever used for target practice. Maybe theres a bullet lodged in a tree somewhere.

Hi fellow night owls. I wonder if the gun was ever used for target practice. Maybe theres a bullet lodged in a tree somewhere.

MOO ...only the family knows and they ain't talk'n.

But wouldn't that be nice to find. I would imagine it has been fired at one time prior to killing Travis.

I've followed along here for years, but I am a new member.
I just read a new article that says the defense is trying to have juror #5 removed because of statements she made that show partiality.
Here is a link:
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-ask-for-mistrial-because-of-juror-misconduct

:welcome:

MOO ...only the family knows and they ain't talk'n.

But wouldn't that be nice to find. I would imagine it has been fired at one time prior to killing Travis.

I doubt it. He had long guns to shoot and a 22 would be lame to shoot. JMO

What is Michael Kiefer's issue with JM? Here is one paragraph of today's column:

The trial, which began Jan. 2, has attracted international attention, partly because of the salacious nature of the relationship between Arias and Alexander; nude photos and a torrid phone-sex recording are among the evidence shared with the world. And the flamboyant prosecutor Martinez has become a media celebrity for his slashing and acerbic courtroom style, which is viewed live on television and live-streamed over the Internet.

I think since he is so burnt out and negative, he should take a vacation.

Most people I know of that watch this trial is because we are moved by the person Travis Alexander was in life--and how much his loss means to his family that are there every day in court.

The "salacious sex" aspect of the trial is meaningless to me, as it is surely for most others who follow this trial.

I am enthralled with Juan Martinez because VERY RARELY do you find a career prosecutor who actually FEELS PASSION for the true victims of a crime. Rarely do we see one man shouldering the entire prosecution case, knowing it inside and out, meticulously strategized.

This trial is about a psychopath who threw a psychotic temper tantrum because someone she was grifting suddenly saw her for what she is: garbage. He died at her had brutally.

Old Mikey maybe should interview some real people next time.

And maybe Mike's problem with Juan is that Juan "intimidates him in the bathroom"--to quote a phrase from Travis Alexander

Well, he is just trying to use bigger words than jodi!

He is just upset because he knows all the Juanettes computers look like this when watching him and he won't ever get the same reaction!
whatajuanettescomputerlookslike.gif

Oh, and wouldn't it be funny if tri-color does get dismissed and goes on tv and says, well - I so was ready to acquit jodi. (Then the next day said, April fools a little late! LOL)

ITA!!! He's jealous.

also: Mikey, sweetie--do you really think "slashing" is the appropriate adjective to use in this case?

LOL about the big Jodi-vocab words he used. They must have a 'word a day' calendar--and probably, like Jodi, he mispronounces the words!:floorlaugh:

Jeez...another number 5? dododododododo (twilight zone music)

Let's hope that the eerie similarities include the same verdict and penalty for both perps...

(I also noted that when confronted with the photo of himself and his mistress at a holiday party, SP responded with "Is that supposed to be me?"--very much like JA's response when confronted with pix of herself during her interrogation...)

Let's hope that the eerie similarities include the same verdict and penalty for both perps...

(I also noted that when confronted with the photo of himself and his mistress at a holiday party, SP responded with "Is that supposed to be me?"--very much like JA's response when confronted with pix of herself during her interrogation...)

You are right ...he did ! What a perfect couple...Scotty and Jodi...
I pray they end up the same way as well...

And, of course, the similarities to the Anthony case:
Both claimed to have been an Event Planner
Gas cans
Arrested the same day
Both accused father of abuse at their trial
Both killed because of an obsession with a man
Both computer hard drives were destroyed.
Both claim to be photographers
Both keep close personal contacts with ex's
Both in jail for a long period of time before trial

And there are probably more I can think of right now. :jail:

And, of course, the similarities to the Anthony case:
Both claimed to have been an Event Planner
Gas cans
Arrested the same day
Both accused father of abuse at their trial
Both killed because of an obsession with a man
Both computer hard drives were destroyed.
Both claim to be photographers
Both keep close personal contacts with ex's
Both in jail for a long period of time before trial

And there are probably more I can think of right now. :jail:

Both didn't graduate.
Both obsessed with their hair.
Both wore glasses.
Both play courtroom assistant.
Both got "sick" in court.
Both cry fake tears.
Both have breast implants.
Both sleep in cars.

ok I will stop....

I think since he is so burnt out and negative, he should take a vacation.

Most people I know of that watch this trial is because we are moved by the person Travis Alexander was in life--and how much his loss means to his family that are there every day in court.

The "salacious sex" aspect of the trial is meaningless to me, as it is surely for most others who follow this trial.

I am enthralled with Juan Martinez because VERY RARELY do you find a career prosecutor who actually FEELS PASSION for the true victims of a crime. Rarely do we see one man shouldering the entire prosecution case, knowing it inside and out, meticulously strategized.

This trial is about a psychopath who threw a psychotic temper tantrum because someone she was grifting suddenly saw her for what she is: garbage. He died at her had brutally.

Old Mikey maybe should interview some real people next time.

And maybe Mike's problem with Juan is that Juan "intimidates him in the bathroom"--to quote a phrase from Travis Alexander

Very good post and I couldn't agree more.

Sad that the media has focused on the "salacious sex" and not the murder. IMO there isn't "salacious sex" and I am sick of hearing about it. It has nothing to do with the murder and it is only the deflection of a psychopath.

Juan is a "rockstar" and people are enthralled with him because he is a very smart man. His courtroom style is passionate. I know that it is his "job" to take these cases to trial and get convictions and maximum sentences but it is obvious he takes his job very seriously. Witnessing his kind moments with the Alexander family is beautiful and I am so glad that there are people like him in this world.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but since JA took the stand in her own defense willingly, couldn't the prosecution force her to have her finger xrayed to see whether she really has a healed over broken finger, healed over cut tendon (as speculated on HLN), or if nothing is wrong with it, other than her being double jointed - to definitively answer the question about her finger? Because if it was never broken, then they can PROVE she lied on the stand.

I always feel like if a person is challenged to show an injury, be it to their hand or arm, leg, etc. they will show it and if it is indeed apparent, their eyes will not be on the injury, their eyes will be on the person challenging them to show it. That is to say, if they are positive that they are injured, why look? Wouldn't you just know it will be there? Jodi never took her eye off of her finger, at least not until she put it back down under the table. As well, for someone who has injured fingers on both hands, it certainly didn't hinder her ability to do a handstand.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but since JA took the stand in her own defense willingly, couldn't the prosecution force her to have her finger xrayed to see whether she really has a healed over broken finger, healed over cut tendon (as speculated on HLN), or if nothing is wrong with it, other than her being double jointed - to definitively answer the question about her finger? Because if it was never broken, then they can PROVE she lied on the stand.

I understand that a lawyer would never ask a question he/she doesn't know the answer to. So it would seem to me that should it come back broken, which in my opinion it could have been broken during the murder too, the DT would have a field day showing the jury that JA was telling the truth about TA "clipping" her finger when he kicked her. So I don't think the State would want to. idk

Is it true the Defense wants JM to stop using 30 or so words when he speaks? Is that crazy or what!

Nurmi filed a motion to try to keep prosecutor Juan Martinez from using in his arguments words such as "senseless:, "depraved." "gratuitous." "helpless" etc. per AZRepublic.

Both didn't graduate.
Both wore glasses.
Both cry fake tears.
Both sleep in cars.

ok I will stop....

Did CA have implants? That's a new one on me, but not surprising! :floorlaugh:

I wondered if any spent shells were ever uncovered too. Since it was given to grandpa after the owner died, it would be a good idea to check around his house. Surely, somebody fired that gun at some point. I know they recovered the box of shells at grandpa's house, but I don't know if that helps them at all. Are bullets maked to show the batch they came from? I find it interesting that they can trace a garbage bag back to a specific batch, so why not bullets?

Both didn't graduate.
Both wore glasses.
Both cry fake tears.
Both sleep in cars.

ok I will stop....

Both, it appears, stole from the grandparents.

Is it true the Defense wants JM to stop using 30 words when he speaks? Is that crazy or what!

If you fill in Nurmi's pauses.....let's go back a bit....etc. there are more than 30 words when he speaks and asks a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper