a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would all be hearsay.

This made me laugh, not because of your belief, just because I am thinking.... Well then, it would fit right in, because this whole damned defense has been hearsay. Sorry, I am not laughing at you.

Could it be so simple as Tricolor said something like 'It was probably the defense who is dragging out the trial?' Or, that she thinks JM is passionate?

Hi KCL, PASA & other court attendees...

I am coming to PHX from Fla. on 4/8 - 4/11 partly for business and to see my sister- in-law who is going thru chemo and radiation for breast cancer. She has not really followed this case much due to her health, but was obsessed with CA, and is a neighbor to reporter Mike Watkiss (sp. check- he is an expert on the FLDS). She texted me from Paris to find out what happened to CA.

Anyhoo, SHE actually suggested that we come to court while I am there (dunno if she can actually make it thru an afternoon session as she tends to get really tired in the pm), but we would get a great kick out of meeting with y'all for happy hour to discuss. Can you let me know where y'all go onto the rooftop for HH and if you will be there next week?

It would be a thrill for both of us, and so much fun for me to meet up with ppl who I have followed on here for years! I know it won't be closing arguments yet b/c the defense will drag this out 'till Xmas, but I would love to be involved.

KCL, etc.- I too am a relative of a victim of DV and murder, as well as a survivor of sexual abuse from that same perpetrator, which I am sure has led me to follow WS.

I would love to talk with you all about ways I could help Travis' family, and as an artist would love to speak with you about an idea I have about honoring his family.

Please let me know who will be attending trial NEXT WEEK and how I can hook up with y'all.

TIA

Galvino

Could it be so simple as Tricolor said something like 'It was probably the defense who is dragging out the trial?' Or, that she thinks JM is passionate?

I think when the judge questioned the jury if they had seen the photos and autographs being taken - she was careful not to mention which attorney it was as to not insert bias. So, if she asked did you see any of the attorneys outside getting their pics taken and signing autographs - tricolor probably came out and said something along the lines of my guess is it was Juan Martinez cause who else would they want a pic with!

Would that constitute discussing the case???? Possibly if this judge is being paranoid-ly diligent for appeal. Would a guess in the hall of what attorney be grounds for a mistrial - no way......but, I am sure to appease nurmi, she will drag them in and ask if the comment would cause them to be impartial or influenced their opinion in any way........blah, blah, blah.....

ABOVE IS JUST MY GUESS.

I think when the judge questioned the jury if they had seen the photos and autographs being taken - she was careful not to mention which attorney it was as to not insert bias. So, if she asked did you see any of the attorneys outside getting their pics taken and signing autographs - tricolor probably came out and said something along the lines of my guess is it was Juan Martinez cause who else would they want a pic with!

Would that constitute discussing the case???? Possibly if this judge is being paranoid-ly diligent for appeal. Would a guess in the hall of what attorney be grounds for a mistrial - no way......but, I am sure to appease nurmi, she will drag them in and ask if the comment would cause them to be impartial or influenced their opinion in any way........blah, blah, blah.....

ABOVE IS JUST MY GUESS.

BBM was my first thought.

:
I'm sure the judge would keep her quiet through a gag order or something similar. It would be highly improper for a dismissed juror to start blabbing while a trial is still going on.

There is nothing improper about dismissed jurors talking publicly while trial is in progress. It happens all the time because jurors are not witnesses, lawyers for either side, or parties to a case, so they have no information that can impact the outcome and they retain their first amendment rights once dismissed:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/107055/

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/11/03/dismissed-emi-juror-speaks/

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14648303&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/05/hilden.peterson.juror/index.html?_s=PM:LAW

:blushing:

There is nothing improper about dismissed jurors talking publicly while trial is in progress. It happens all the time because jurors are not witnesses, lawyers for either side, or parties to a case, so they have no information that can impact the outcome and they retain their first amendment rights once dismissed:

http://http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/107055/

http://http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/11/03/dismissed-emi-juror-speaks/

http://http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14648303&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/05/hilden.peterson.juror/index.html?_s=PM:LAW

None of your links worked for me, so I do not know if any of the cases you linked to involved gag orders or not. I do not know the law in AZ. Do any of these cases involve gag orders?

None of your links worked for me, so I do not know if any of the cases you linked to involved gag orders or not. I do not know the law in AZ. Do any of these cases involve gag orders?

Sorry. I will fix the links. Most high profile cases have gag orders. The scott peterson case did. (last link)

ETA: I have never heard of a juror being subject to a gag order. The links are now fixed, BTW. If this lady is dismissed, I have no doubt we will hear from her.

ETA2: It looks like of the cases I linked to, the dew peterson and scott peterson cases had gag orders. Not sure about the other two. But either way, I have never heard of a juror subject to a gag order. I actually think that once they are dismissed, that would be a violation of the first amendment.

Perhaps it's just another tempest in a teapot due to the DT's desperation.

KCL- Hugs and prayers to you, Dad and Alfonse. Hang tough, girl!

What is Michael Kiefer's issue with JM? Here is one paragraph of today's column:

The trial, which began Jan. 2, has attracted international attention, partly because of the salacious nature of the relationship between Arias and Alexander; nude photos and a torrid phone-sex recording are among the evidence shared with the world. And the flamboyant prosecutor Martinez has become a media celebrity for his slashing and acerbic courtroom style, which is viewed live on television and live-streamed over the Internet.

I see motion was filed yesterday (3/31) electronically by S/L Kirk Nurmi so he just did this (s=self).. yesterday of all days. Is it true that "usually" the defense will win the motion as far as having juror removed.. just because? Once that happens, how do you think the jury (regardless of admonitions) will be impacted... they've been together quite a while now... and they might respect #5.

Stop and think about it...
MOST EVERYONE FOLLOWING THIS CASE IS INTERRESTED, SADDENED, ANGRY, EMOTIONAL, FRUSTRATED, SICK & TIRED OF SIDEBARS ETC.. AND CAN'T WAIT FOR JURY DELIBERATIONS... FOR THIS TRIAL TO END WITH JUSTICE SERVED.

Unlike all of us who can watch the news, cable & TV shows, look at news papers, go on the internet, & talk about this case: how pi**ed we are, the evidence, the photos, the crime scene, the brutal injuries, the sex, the prosecution team, the defense team, Travis's family, Jodi's mother & aunt, JA's lack of remorse etc... to our family, friends and co-workers...

This jury can not engage in these luxuries.

I have no doubt they are irritable, cranky, tired, intrigued, disgusted and very overwhelmed with so much evidence, testimony and yes... bulls**t that has been thrown at them, including days and days of jodi and highly paid people who claim to be experts.

Remember.. These jurers are Arizonaz taxpayers

They are missing talking to family & friends, on the phone, in the corner deli, on facebook, at their kids basketball and baseball practices, without having to remain vigilent about the admonition given to them.... Some are probably even missing jobs they hate.
They miss their "normal lives".

IMO A mistrial or removal of a jury member would send a devistating message to this jury...
That they sat through All the bulls**t....
including 18 days of JA lying through her teeth to their faces.... for nothing..
For NOTHING.

If this motion is some sort of strategic move....

Someone.... on the defense team has the brain of an ameba.

What is Michael Kiefer's issue with JM? Here is one paragraph of today's column:

The trial, which began Jan. 2, has attracted international attention, partly because of the salacious nature of the relationship between Arias and Alexander; nude photos and a torrid phone-sex recording are among the evidence shared with the world. And the flamboyant prosecutor Martinez has become a media celebrity for his slashing and acerbic courtroom style, which is viewed live on television and live-streamed over the Internet.

Sensationalism? Attention? may be Kiefer's issues?
I wouldn't call JM flamboyant-impassioned, perhaps? On a quest for justice?

I am coming to PHX from Fla. on 4/8 - 4/11 partly for business and to see my sister- in-law who is going thru chemo and radiation for breast cancer. She has not really followed this case much due to her health, but was obsessed with CA, and is a neighbor to reporter Mike Watkiss (sp. check- he is an expert on the FLDS). She texted me from Paris to find out what happened to CA.

Anyhoo, SHE actually suggested that we come to court while I am there (dunno if she can actually make it thru an afternoon session as she tends to get really tired in the pm), but we would get a great kick out of meeting with y'all for happy hour to discuss. Can you let me know where y'all go onto the rooftop for HH and if you will be there next week?

It would be a thrill for both of us, and so much fun for me to meet up with ppl who I have followed on here for years! I know it won't be closing arguments yet b/c the defense will drag this out 'till Xmas, but I would love to be involved.

KCL, etc.- I too am a relative of a victim of DV and murder, as well as a survivor of sexual abuse from that same perpetrator, which I am sure has led me to follow WS.

I would love to talk with you all about ways I could help Travis' family, and as an artist would love to speak with you about an idea I have about honoring his family.

Please let me know who will be attending trial NEXT WEEK and how I can hook up with y'all.

TIA

Galvino
/
Send me a private note to get info...we're kind of circling the wagons now w/ all that's gone on with Katie etc. But we often do go for HH...just being a little more private about it for the duration. :seeya: But look forward to meeting you!

Or asked Whats the point of going on, we already know she's guilty?:jail::jail::jail:

Ok pasa and KCL
I brought this from the other thread. I'm wondering if you observed this?
I have noticed 3 different times that Jodi is trying to tell JW something about one of the jurors. After the 5 minute break when the jury was, walking in Jodi stood up on her tippy toes and looked at one of the jurors and then whispered to JW. She has whispered and had JW look over at the jury box 2 other times today...hmmm wonder what she is up to? It could be something else but its bugging me...although everything Jodi does bugs me!! Hmmmmm

Now I'm wondering if it was Juror #5 (tri-color) and not Juror #2 (trump comb-over) she was staring at... and possibly tried to communicate with last week...

Maybe she mouthed "juror #5" to JW and not "juror #2"...

I just find it odd that the whole odd incident happened last week with a juror (who we thought was juror #2) and now today the whole juror #5 thing comes out....

I am coming to PHX from Fla. on 4/8 - 4/11

Darn! I'm going be in Florida (West Palm Beach) the 9th-16th...we're just going to miss you! ;0)

....I'm so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law..hopefully she is on her way to a full recovery...how sweet you are to go visit and cheer her up... I hope you guys have so much fun visiting our fellow WS chicas! It sounds like you will have a blast if you get a chance to meet them...

I have been wanting to go to Phoenix too...yes, for the trial...but even more so to hang out with those fun girls! (Plus, I'm just dying to have one of those yummy cocktails Katiecoo is always telling us about...especially the basil margarita or mojito one she stopped to get on her way home from court one night!! YUMMY!!!)

I think a juror was let go of the Scott Peterson trial, and went out on all of the TV shows and talked and talked and talked.

ETA: I just googled and could not find evidence of the juror talking on TV during the trial. Maybe I remembered wrong.

But there were actually TWO jurors replaced during the trial.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/10/national/10cnd-pete.html?fta=y

I thought I remembered one of the dismisses jurors from the Scott Peterson trial making the rounds as well...but idk...

I think she might have made an 'impatient' type of comment about that hearing dragging things out. And it was probably obvious to her it was a defense ploy. So if she rolled her eyes and said ' Seriously?' ---that would be enough for Nurmi, imo.

I think she might have made an 'impatient' type of comment about that hearing dragging things out. And it was probably obvious to her it was a defense ploy. So if she rolled her eyes and said ' Seriously?' ---that would be enough for Nurmi, imo.

That sounds about right. But is it enough to get her kicked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly