a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a memorable moment, too. He said it loudly, dramatically and DEFENSIVELY. I think most people who heard him remember it. He seemed to genuinely forget that he said it, though. Maybe he has PTSD from being pinned down by JM, so he never formed that memory. :biggrin:

LOL...yes he tried to wiggle out of so many things and one thing that's for sure...Juan Martinez doesn't serve anything up to this jury he's not prepared to deliver on. lol on the ptsd. I can only imagine how he's feeling tonite...relieved I imagine.

Do the juror chairs have height adjustment capabilities? I think it would be hilarious for one of them to keep moving their seat up and down while staring at JA. Of course, if there were to be repercussions from it, it's probably best not, but it WOULD be funny.

Oh that would be funny...they don't I don't think but they do swivel. If it wwere me I"d be swiveling mine to my neighbor and asking if we could so tandem foot rubs while waiting for the sidebar to be over. ;) (I took off my shoes in court today and bent my knee up under my leg...I can't describe that very well, you can picture it).

Attempting to reload the clip of Maria and Jodi's mom
[video=youtube;dRRW2PuEA6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRW2PuEA6A[/video]

Dr. R. Samuels "Jodi has trouble concentrating"

camera pans the defense table, see JA, see JA take notes, see JA maticulously jotting down her next series of lies to hand to JW, see JA undo what RS just said in her defense.

Kind of like her dates.

Oh ...if only everyone knew what I know....

15015.jpg

Seasonal! Snap! lol

I have fognesia on it...just a few questions and I didn't write them down..anyone else?

I was watching HLN but even when I did a rewind, I couldn't find them. So I appreciate the help. Must not have been notable if you don't remember them.

I'm worried about Paul R isn't getting ill. I think this trials taking its toll on some many people said:
You know I wondered about this a LOT last night! I wondered how these people will ever be the same again, or if that's possible. I put myself in their shoes and wondered what my sleep might be like, my eating habits, my ability to smile or just laugh! It must be such a heavy burden. And for such a horrendous crime. I just wonder how they'll all manage. Maybe they'll get real close and be able to support each other? I've heard that happens. I wonder how many other dark lines under the eyes we'll soon be seeing?

You know I wondered about this a LOT last night! I wondered how these people will ever be the same again, or if that's possible. I put myself in their shoes and wondered what my sleep might be like, my eating habits, my ability to smile or just laugh! It must be such a heavy burden. And for such a horrendous crime. I just wonder how they'll all manage. Maybe they'll get real close and be able to support each other? I've heard that happens. I wonder how many other dark lines under the eyes we'll soon be seeing?

I saw this global "toll" today like I've not seen it before. They are all seeming weary. And hate to say not really in the home stretch yet (still have a rebuttal case and JM WILL dot all the i's and cross the t's as he should).

Oh and I almost ROFL when the good doc was talking about JA being unable to sleep or make friends in the jail. That's not ptsd, that's "I'm in jail and I don't wanna be and I'm soooo much smarter than all of these other women and I'm so special I should have special treatment and I and I and I and I".

You almost have it. The right 1/3 of the video is all white tho'. I can see the exchange because I've seen it elsewhere but....

Keep workin' on it and good luck and thanks!
:seeya:
The white space happened because of the clip conversion. The important bit is shown so that's good enough for me :D

Oh and I almost ROFL when the good doc was talking about JA being unable to sleep or make friends in the jail. That's not ptsd, that's "I'm in jail and I don't wanna be and I'm soooo much smarter than all of these other women and I'm so special I should have special treatment and I and I and I and I".

I can't sleep in a quiet hotel room the first few nights I go on vacation...imagine a JAIL. That was a stretch I mean really...

I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you who do so much for the site and to fill us in on what goes on inside the court ..... thank you thank you thank you. And SO glad to hear your bro is doing better too KCL.

I saw this global "toll" today like I've not seen it before. They are all seeming weary. And hate to say not really in the home stretch yet (still have a rebuttal case and JM WILL dot all the i's and cross the t's as he should).

Any idea when this is going to the jury?

Could someone tell me what the jury asked today?

Here's three per HuffPo:

Did she tell you she bought a gun to kill herself?
"No," Samuels said.

Did she tell you she planned to kill herself with a razor in jail?
"No," Samuels replied.

(And my personal favorite)

What is the difference between covering up and alternative reality?
Samuels said the defensive mechanism allows the individual to avoid dealing with the worst part of the trauma they experienced.

I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you who do so much for the site and to fill us in on what goes on inside the court ..... thank you thank you thank you. And SO glad to hear your bro is doing better too KCL.

I put a pic on the KCL thread of a painting he made for me in the hospital this weekend...pretty impressive for someone in the state of mind he's been in. He's much much better tonite. Thankfully. :)

I can't see the jury on my tv, but I notice each time Nurmi walks up for sidebar his head is held lower and lower, and I wonder what impression that must have on the jury.

We all know Nurmi wanted off this case, but the jurors do not. I wonder if they see his hang dog head as a sign of feeling defeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper