a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it just sounded loud because there is a mic attached or sitting on the podium, but he clearly was getting flustered at that point.

Ah, Ms. Katiecoolady! Thank you for another wonderful report! It's even better that your brother is doing better. I will be off now to look for his painting.

One of the most fascinating parts of the trial yesterday was observing Jodi and Willmott dressed like twins. Why does Willmott encourage this by giving Jodi or her mother the color code for the next day? Doesn't she know that this "mirroring" is a sign among many of some sort of illness?

There was a program on Discovery ID a while back (Stalked?) where a woman moved into a new home, only to have her welcoming new neighbor "befriend" her and rapidly change her clothing style, hair color, etc. to literally become her neighbor. Her neighbor began stalking her home, peeping in her windows. It became so frightening and intrusive, she moved away.

It looks creepy to me, as it appears JA attempts to look the jurors directly in the eye when everyone stands for the jury to enter & exit. Is that what it looks like in the courtroom? Also, if both JA & JW wearthe same color outfits today, then it has to be more than coincidental. That is creepy too.
A sincere "Thank you" to our court observers. Katie, sleep in today & get some rest. You have alot on your plate.
Now hopefully the last defense witness.... I wonder why she would put her reputation on the line for this psychopath?

It looks creepy to me, as it appears JA attempts to look the jurors directly in the eye when everyone stands for the jury to enter & exit. Is that what it looks like in the courtroom? Also, if both JA & JW wearthe same color outfits today, then it has to be more than coincidental. That is creepy too.
A sincere "Thank you" to our court observers. Katie, sleep in today & get some rest. You have alot on your plate.
Now hopefully the last defense witness.... I wonder why she would put her reputation on the line for this psychopath?

I noticed that she stares at them also. I guess she is trying to make some type of eye contact, but I just don't think it will work. Also I do believe they do dress alike on purpose for some reason.
Katie is doing an awesome job.........Thanks Katie:seeya:
About the DV witness....I have no idea. Yesterday I was literally falling asleep at the computer trying to watch her. I'm going to try again and watch the 3rd session this morning and see if I can get thru it.

It has been entered in to evidence in it's entirety so I think it will...AZ Lawyer? You around?

What I"m curious about is the "say cheese" video.

Thanks , as always, Katie, Pasa and everyone else for sharing your insight and observations, so appreciated!

Katie, thanks very much for the info about La Violette not being able to comment on the lies about Travis being an abuser. It makes a huge difference and now I may be able to watch her without clenched fists and gritted teeth :)

Also , I definitely remember Juan entering the "Say cheese" clip and the jury saw it so must get it back with them in the room? I think Nurmi opened the door when he went on about her "abused" , remorseful demeanor? iirc, like for everything else Juan wants to enter, it came in after side bar...

Anyways, as always, you observers are awesome!

I don't like the sound of Arias giving you guys and /or KDDJ the stink-eye :( Keep publicizing it!!

I noticed she was very different today. I think she realized just how horribly Dr. $ tanked them.

Nurmi also seemed different Monday - much more animated. Last week he was practically dozing off except for the occasional mention of anal sex that got his attention. Today he seemed much more into it. Are they sensing this slipping away completely? There was one point that I wasn't able to find inching through YouTube where, on the way to a sidebar, Nurmi angrily snatched the exhibit in question off Martinez's desk, practically crumpling it up in his hand. Did he seem much more "into it" today to you?

In looking at the "pen throwing" again, it seems less dramatic than it did originally. It looked like he went to toss it on his tablet, but it half landed on the table and so sounded loud (on TV anyway, as with Nurmi's endless pen dropping), then rolled off onto the floor.

KCL - Can you clarify what you meant about what AVL can and cannot talk about? How can she talk about Jodi being abused if it's not at the hands of Travis? If she can only talk in generic terms about what abused women do or don't do that seems like a big waste of time and will frustrate the jury I'd think.

Also, did you get kind of a tingle when JM got into all the previous acts of violence Jodi committed (you know, those numerous "irrelevant" violent outbursts) thinking, "Ooh ooh did Samuels open the door to introducing the 'hitting little brother in the head with a baseball bat' incident?"

Lastly, on TV it seemed like there were a few times during the JM grilling where Samuels looked over at Willmott practically pleading for her to do something to make the mean little man go away. Did you get any impression like that too?

Thanks as always for the great insights!

La Violette is already embellishing big time. She told the jury (paraphrasing) that one of her books was a BEST SELLER published by Sage Publishing. Which, unless you really listen, can give the impression it was a best seller on, say, the NY Times Best Seller list.

Sage Publications is known as an academic publisher, which is different from a "commercial" publisher, say like Random House. In terms of academic publishing, if you sell more than about 400-500 copies, you can legitimately say it was a "best seller." There is usually a more narrow market (or readers) for an academic book and they are usually much more expensive than the average paperback (think of college textbooks), and thus the "sell" numbers are smaller than what would make a best seller on the NY Times.

Nurmi also seemed different Monday - much more animated. Last week he was practically dozing off except for the occasional mention of anal sex that got his attention. Today he seemed much more into it. Are they sensing this slipping away completely? There was one point that I wasn't able to find inching through YouTube where, on the way to a sidebar, Nurmi angrily snatched the exhibit in question off Martinez's desk, practically crumpling it up in his hand. Did he seem much more "into it" today to you?

In looking at the "pen throwing" again, it seems less dramatic than it did originally. It looked like he went to toss it on his tablet, but it half landed on the table and so sounded loud (on TV anyway, as with Nurmi's endless pen dropping), then rolled off onto the floor.

BBM. Yes, it seemed to have much more of an impact live (in the heat of the moment) than it did in the replay, likely for the reason you stated, bsk. I was hoping otherwise...

I think from what KCL said about ALV's forthcoming testimony it will indeed prove irrelevant to JA's BS contention of an "abused woman". Only proves to me that the defense has nothing. RS's testimony was garbage, I expect this one will be too. ALV's motive has to be self promotion. JA is despicable. Attempting to make herself appear as a battered woman is a slap in the face to women that indeed have been abused. Anyone who would defend her is just as despicable as she is. Kicking a dog? Kicking her mother, for goodness sake? Self defense-29 stab wounds, gunshot to TA's head, throat slit to his vetebrae? Give me a break. Can't wait til Juan asks her how much ALV's hourly compensation is.

You have to wonder what the jury thinks about JA and her attorney dressing alike. Yesterday it was just too obvious.

thinkers.jpg

Gotta say...WS has some of the best looking court watchers out there!

Thank you for the reports, ladies.

nail-biting.gif

I got lost...... could not find you guys!

Today I noticed a very subdued MittSpec. A huge difference in her demeanor compared to Thursday. However, I continued to watch her like a hawk and noticed that she had something under her right palm which was resting on the desk/table. Then she got that sneaky body language thing and while trying to conceal, started tweeting or texting. She either has an iphone or an android with her which is NOT SHUT OFF. Sometimes she would put the thing on her lap to type/text/and or tweet as she was looking over her shoulder. Is she allowed to use social media devices while court is in session? I tweeted about it several times, asking if this was copasetic. I never got a response. So I tweeted about 10 times that she should be removed as she apparently does not take her job seriously evidenced by repeatedly stepping outside ethical boundaries. Probably just a coincidence, but I did not see her in court after lunch. Could we be so lucky?

One positive thing about this trial is that I have met many genuinely nice, passionate, caring and giving people here and on twitter.

mexican.gif

my signature showed up! Tater B. needs some resizing tho

Good catch tater. I have observed her texting on numerous occasions, not really appropriate nor professional in the court room much less a death penalty trial.:facepalm:

I've been watching this and I don't think it's a juror Jodi is staring at. I believe it's Martinez (when she was puffing her chest out and animated with her arms) but mostly Travis's family. Watch how she repositions herself around from JW and has that sh** eating grin on her face. And from what I'm observing, JW is very aware of what Jodi is doing and actually participating by looking and giggling along with Jodi.

Like I said yesterday, JW needs to stop with the let's be teenage BBF and start behaving like a mature professional.

KCL & PASA~ You ladies ROCK! Thank you both for your observations--they are priceless.

QUESTION: How does the jury & the media/family gallery react to JW? I have such a visceral negative reaction to her--I'm wondering what she's like in the courtroom.

KCL,

Were you there when JM threw his pen? If so, what was the jury reaction? Thank you for all you have done.

I loved when RS was hitting the paper in front of him for emphasis & Juan hit the table loudly, sort of mocking RS & saying "And you can hit that all you want!!..." He's awesome at drawing attention to make his point.

Do the juror chairs have height adjustment capabilities? I think it would be hilarious for one of them to keep moving their seat up and down while staring at JA. Of course, if there were to be repercussions from it, it's probably best not, but it WOULD be funny.

Oh gah, that just put an image in my mind of them all going in and every other juror raising their chair all the way up, the other half all the way down. :) lol good thought to start my day on

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

As always, thanks so much all of you who share your notes. I really do appreciate them. They have become a habit with my coffee every morning.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

KCL, you heard testimony today that JA kicked her mother. Did you also see the next part of the released interrogation video where JA says she kicked her dog and it ran away? I thought this weaves it's way into her statement that Travis had kicked her. She was really speaking to the fact that she had kicked her dog. She also likely killed that dog because she said she never saw it again. I feel in my heart she has a history of abusing others that goes back to childhood. Very dangerous person. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper