a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now being fed lunch (and breakfast & dinner) isn't enough anymore? Maybe she's on a hunger strike & that's why she's looking so gaunt and bony these days. :twocents:

I am a huge sceptic when it comes to JA so I'm speculating it's another ploy to ganer sympathy by making herself appear frail.

I'm sure she is feeling the stress too but she's getting the same food she did before so Im wondering if she's deliberately eating less. jmo

This comment is interesting crimesnooper, as it appears to be opposite to your previous opinion that negates a one juror enabling a 'compromise verdict':

#1079 01-06-2013, 07:42 AM

"I think JA became enraged after all that "afternoon delight" he still would not cancel his plans with another woman to go on vacation."

This gave her motivation and the follow through to kill Travis to eliminate her rival female having him. This fact will also eliminate a 2nd degree conviction ma'am, IMO.
This one is NOT my post.I posted the first paragrahpgnot the second one u included. Please be careful.

I don't think it's a contradiction. My post was how I see it. I can see though that one juror may not view it the same way..thus a compromise

bbm
First, katiecoo, let me say once more, Thanks for all your amazing effort, eloquence, and patience in doing all that you do for us WSer's, for Travis and his faithful & hurting family, and for jurisprudence. It's a debt that will never be repaid -- there's just no way to do that.

Please notice my bbm. I am still gun-shy, disillusioned, and I still worry, worry, worry about the outcome of this trial. Even to the extent that I am almost too superstitious and too afraid to "Thanks-button" anyone who is confident of a 1st Degree Murder -- Guilty verdict.

Are you that confident that this trial will end the way you say: G of 1st Deg Murder and Death? And, briefly for your sake, Why? What has convinced you? Make me feel better (all about me), please. Thank you, you wonderful human being.
xxoo

I hear you big time on being scared! I can't even begin to tell you how lost I felt last time...Anthony. The good people here helped me have faith again to believe in justice. I hope you can find this too. I can only hope justice will come this time and our hope will be our strength for Travis and his family. Be strong.

Teresa

I am a huge sceptic when it comes to JA so I'm speculating it's another ploy to ganer sympathy by making herself appear frail.

I'm sure she is feeling the stress too but she's getting the same food she did before so Im wondering if she's deliberately eating less. jmo

BBM

That was my thought, too. I'm sure she is thinking that by making herself look so frail and helpless, that it is her last shot at staying off death row.

I suspect she feels faint because she is realizing that the jury doesn't buy her story(ies) and that her goose is cooked (or will be in 12 years after all the appeals!)

After watching the clip where she describes how she had a "nervous breakdown" but was hyperventalating you have to wonder what feeling faint means. Many hear "feel faint" when we watch "The Juan" in action, LOL. I'm hoping Juan can use that clip to show the extremes of her exaggerations.

Jodi claims there were 4 incidents where Travis was abusive. Each time she described them they became more embellished.

She also says there were times where they had sex that the defense tries to portray as rape. My take on that is that she wasn't the initiater in those instances.

I hope the jury gets to have access to much of what we know. MOO

Honestly no one can guarantee 100% what this or any jury will do. It is simply not within anyone's control and if that is unacceptable, then following a murder trial is going to be frustrating at a minimum.

That said, the evidence in this case firmly supports a 1st degree conviction. 2nd degree is not on the table. It was something the murderer was trying to get via a plea deal, but it's not currently a charge the jury is to consider, although that could change when final charges are decided by the judge.

However, you'd have to ignore all the evidence showing pre-planning AND premeditation in order to give JA (or anyone) a 2nd degree murder conviction in this case.

Do y'all truly believe there will be 12 people who will outright ignore the testimony in THIS case...a case in which the defendant admitted the killing AND in which there is ample evidence of pre-planning as well as premeditation? (and please don't point to the C.A. case...that ship has sailed and it was an anomaly).

I honestly do not understand our judicial system. Why are things that prove her obsessive stalking behavior not allowed in? It seems to me that a lot of what the jury is not seeing would show beyond a reasonable doubt that she was capable as well as show motive. If those things were allowed then Juan could bring in his own expert on stalkers who resort to violence. It seems very unfair and as if things are being hidden from the jurors. Things that would aid in their reaching a verdict. Can someone please explain this?

I read here everyday but haven't commented until now.
This business of JA not getting enough to eat (eyeroll) make's me wonder if she just plain isn't eating cuz she want's to look like Tanisha.
Any thought's?

I'm headed up to the courthouse in like 10 min but wanted to pop on and make a post and get it out of my head before I go.

I just want to say that all of my posts are MY perceptions, whether they are grounded in subjectivity or literally what I'm seeing, they are all sent through my filter. Whether i'm posting about what I believe will be the outcome of this case, JA's Mom or the jury, it is all my opinion based on all my past experiences and my ability to report things accurately as I see them.

Now as I held a job for 7 years which was literally observing human behavior and documenting it (psych RN) I have some skills at being able to do that. As I've sat in a court room through two DP trials/sentencing hearings/appeals, that lends some experience to what I'm doing.

But I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Some of my opinions are very well founded in reason and some are more hunches. You can take ALL of it with a grain of salt. It's not my job to keep supporting what I see but share it.

I know there is quite a bit of PTSD associated with this trial and lots of people are getting triggered. All the way back to OJ. I get it. I also know quite a bit about PTSD having recovered from it myself and if you don't believe me, check out the charitable organization I founded that deals almost primarily with PTSD: www.inonepeaceproject.org

My testimonial is on there so I do know some of what I speak.

this trial isn't triggering me toward FEAR though I can say that. No one can talk anyone out of their fear. I know this directly having just sat in a hospital room with a paranoid schizophrenic for the last 2 weeks. No amt of rationality dispels irrational fear. It's deeper than that.

So what I do and what I call it is "holding the high watch". I have an unshakable belief in the JUSTICE that is coming in this case. I am unshakable in my perception that Jodi Arias will be convicted of first degre murder and sentenced to death. I feel like that is my biggest "secret weapon" I bring in to that courtroom is that unshakable confidence.

I think all of this is an opportunity for people to heal. I cried off and on all last night..of course this case ignites my grieving...this is a good thing. It excavates all those pockets of pain that remain hidden and brings them to the light then as my teacher says "without awareness there is no choice" we can choose what to do with them.

I invite all of you who can to try on an attitude of confidence and ask yourself "does preparing myself for the worst make me a better advocate for the best in this present moment? Will I actually handle 'the worst' if I'm prepared for it or will it be just as devastating? What have I got to lose by believing in another option?". Not just for this case but for anything in my life that is limiting me, including a limiting belief system.

With that said, Justice for Travis is coming. And I'm walking in to court once again holding that torch out and proud and bright.

Do I hear an AMEN!??? Rested and ready to go............:seeya:

I heard early this evening on HLN she is being paid $300/hr. I'll see if I can find the info to back it up.

IMO they're burning up the tax rolls. Droning on and on, saying the same thing each time in a different way. Nice little conversation she and JW are having at the rate of $300. per hr.
She'll make sure she'll go on and on for days to fatten her paycheck.
Judge come out of your fog and move things along. No one can accuse you of not letting JA have a fair trial. ALV is a real snoozer. :banghead:

I wonder if she's prepping the stage for a dramatic fainting spell...

That's my understanding and WS was abuzz about it last night.
It was on news, HLN ( JVM) and Insession tweeted it last night. She was apparently taken into chambers at one point to be given an energy bar.

In Session @InSession
Sources say one of todays court breaks was due to #JodiArias feeling faint. Her attorneys worked with the court to get her a protein bar.

Oh FFS! Weird. Wish I would have known that...I'd have asked Beth about it. I can confirm she did go back to chambers...

On another note...personally I think the jurors were interested in what she was "lecturing" about today because some of them like a lot of us have experienced these abusive relationships and its so intriguing to hear an expert pinpoint what some of us have been through and the perp behaviors and tendencies to gain control in a relationship over the other person. I used to think that in all relationships one person has the control, but not both. I know better now but can't help think others have been there too.

JA is NOT one though, she's had the control I think.

I have always said that the person who has control in the relationship is the one who cares the least.

Which is why JA freaked on TA, because he no longer cared for her... so she had to extinguish his flame.

i'm headed up to the courthouse in like 10 min but wanted to pop on and make a post and get it out of my head before i go.

I just want to say that all of my posts are my perceptions, whether they are grounded in subjectivity or literally what i'm seeing, they are all sent through my filter. Whether i'm posting about what i believe will be the outcome of this case, ja's mom or the jury, it is all my opinion based on all my past experiences and my ability to report things accurately as i see them.

Now as i held a job for 7 years which was literally observing human behavior and documenting it (psych rn) i have some skills at being able to do that. As i've sat in a court room through two dp trials/sentencing hearings/appeals, that lends some experience to what i'm doing.

But i'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Some of my opinions are very well founded in reason and some are more hunches. You can take all of it with a grain of salt. It's not my job to keep supporting what i see but share it.

I know there is quite a bit of ptsd associated with this trial and lots of people are getting triggered. All the way back to oj. I get it. I also know quite a bit about ptsd having recovered from it myself and if you don't believe me, check out the charitable organization i founded that deals almost primarily with ptsd: www.inonepeaceproject.org

my testimonial is on there so i do know some of what i speak.

This trial isn't triggering me toward fear though i can say that. No one can talk anyone out of their fear. I know this directly having just sat in a hospital room with a paranoid schizophrenic for the last 2 weeks. No amt of rationality dispels irrational fear. It's deeper than that.

So what i do and what i call it is "holding the high watch". I have an unshakable belief in the justice that is coming in this case. I am unshakable in my perception that jodi arias will be convicted of first degre murder and sentenced to death. I feel like that is my biggest "secret weapon" i bring in to that courtroom is that unshakable confidence.

I think all of this is an opportunity for people to heal. I cried off and on all last night..of course this case ignites my grieving...this is a good thing. It excavates all those pockets of pain that remain hidden and brings them to the light then as my teacher says "without awareness there is no choice" we can choose what to do with them.

I invite all of you who can to try on an attitude of confidence and ask yourself "does preparing myself for the worst make me a better advocate for the best in this present moment? Will i actually handle 'the worst' if i'm prepared for it or will it be just as devastating? What have i got to lose by believing in another option?". Not just for this case but for anything in my life that is limiting me, including a limiting belief system.

With that said, justice for travis is coming. And i'm walking in to court once again holding that torch out and proud and bright.

Do i hear an amen!??? Rested and ready to go............:seeya:

amen!

Do I hear an AMEN!???

AMEN!

My first post. Shaking in my slippers...:blushing:
Katie, I just want you to know that you are one of the biggest reasons I've signed on with WS. I was on another site and someone posted one of your observations there. Thank God! It lead me here. IMO your messages bring hope to many of us who have had doubts about the outcome of this trial. I bet there are many unnamed lurkers following you. You're are a beacon of light! I can't say thank you enough.

p.s. Thank you to PASA & all the other WSers that have taken the time to post your insights and observations of the trial.

:tyou:

I'm headed up to the courthouse in like 10 min but wanted to pop on and make a post and get it out of my head before I go.

I just want to say that all of my posts are MY perceptions, whether they are grounded in subjectivity or literally what I'm seeing, they are all sent through my filter. Whether i'm posting about what I believe will be the outcome of this case, JA's Mom or the jury, it is all my opinion based on all my past experiences and my ability to report things accurately as I see them.

Now as I held a job for 7 years which was literally observing human behavior and documenting it (psych RN) I have some skills at being able to do that. As I've sat in a court room through two DP trials/sentencing hearings/appeals, that lends some experience to what I'm doing.

But I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Some of my opinions are very well founded in reason and some are more hunches. You can take ALL of it with a grain of salt. It's not my job to keep supporting what I see but share it.

I know there is quite a bit of PTSD associated with this trial and lots of people are getting triggered. All the way back to OJ. I get it. I also know quite a bit about PTSD having recovered from it myself and if you don't believe me, check out the charitable organization I founded that deals almost primarily with PTSD: www.inonepeaceproject.org

this trial isn't triggering me toward FEAR though I can say that. No one can talk anyone out of their fear. I know this directly having just sat in a hospital room with a paranoid schizophrenic for the last 2 weeks. No amt of rationality dispels irrational fear. It's deeper than that.

So what I do and what I call it is "holding the high watch". I have an unshakable belief in the JUSTICE that is coming in this case. I am unshakable in my perception that Jodi Arias will be convicted of first degre murder and sentenced to death. I feel like that is my biggest "secret weapon" I bring in to that courtroom is that unshakable confidence.

I invite all of you who can to try on an attitude of confidence and ask yourself "does preparing myself for the worst make me a better advocate for the best in this present moment? Will I actually handle 'the worst' if I'm prepared for it or will it be just as devastating? What have I got to lose by believing in another option?". Not just for this case but for anything in my life that is limiting me, including a limiting belief system.

With that said, Justice for Travis is coming. And I'm walking in to court once again holding that torch out and proud and bright.

I appreciate all the knowledge and experience you have brought to this forum.

BBM

That was my thought, too. I'm sure she is thinking that by making herself look so frail and helpless, that it is her last shot at staying off death row.

I don't understand her attempts to appear weak. It is undeniable that she stabbed and drug him.

That doesn't = weakness. JMO

Amen.
I have always lived by the motto "Prepare for the worst and everything else will be a pleasant surprise". But hey, I love what you just wrote. One of my closest friends was a psych nurse for 25 years. She had to get out of it finally but she is the most optimistic, bright, and enjoyable person I know. You would love her.

AMEN!

My first post. Shaking in my slippers...:blushing:
Katie, I just want you to know that you are one of the biggest reasons I've signed on with WS. I was on another site and someone posted one of your observations there. Thank God! It lead me here. IMO your messages bring hope to many of us who have had doubts about the outcome of this trial. I bet there are many unnamed lurkers following you. You're are a beacon of light! I can't say thank you enough.

p.s. Thank you to PASA & all the other WSers that have taken the time to post your insights and observations of the trial.

:tyou:
:wagon: Be not afraid, you are in great company here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member