a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it was always Maureen (navel intelligence) and the lady that seems buddy buddy with her that I've heard people repeatedly express concern about, not Tri-color, although I think concerns were expressed very early on.

It would serve them right, however, if she was dismissed and said, "I don't think they have proved premeditation yet.". Ha ha. (I don't think any juror feels that way however!)

I've heard lots of tricolor concerns in person after court but I've not ever gotten that myself.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the jury knows about this motion.
So tricolor won't know until she is kicked out; otherwise she'll never know unless she looks up the filings after the trial is over.

They may question her though, and then she would know something was up.

Saw this in the other thread though, that Karas is saying she may have been ratted out by other jurors. Is it possible that she was ratted out by a juror that is sympathetic to Jodi? Maybe the tattle tell (Donovan) thinks she heard her muttering something to the other jurors and told?

Actually, it was always Maureen (navel intelligence) and the lady that seems buddy buddy with her that I've heard people repeatedly express concern about, not Tri-color, although I think concerns were expressed very early on.

It would serve them right, however, if she was dismissed and said, "I don't think they have proved premeditation yet.". Ha ha. (I don't think any juror feels that way however!)

But you're right about Maureen too - I'd be ok if she was an alternate but not worried anymore about ponytail

I read the motion and it sounds like during the jurors being questioned about the pictures being taken outside and if they saw it or whatever, some information was obtained about juror #5 making some kind of comment or comments (perhaps not related at all to the picture taking) and it was whatever these comments were that has 'inspired' the defense to try to get juror #5 dismissed and/or the trial dismissed (mistrial). I'm very curious as to what she said!

I think she will definitely be taken off. Once the DT has questions about a juror in a DP case, imo, they are going to remove her, just in case.

It might work to the state's advantage, if she goes on the air and says what she thought about their case so far. JMO

The defens shot for this early on when JA mother lied and said she overheard etc jurors or something to that effect, they are just throwing S*** at the wall I case something may stick.

Saw this in the other thread though, that Karas is saying she may have been ratted out by other jurors. Is it possible that she was ratted out by a juror that is sympathetic to Jodi? Maybe the tattle tell (Donovan) thinks she heard her muttering something to the other jurors and told?

Could have nothing to do w a leaning but just a vigilant rule follower

Hoping to help even though it was a few pages back, about the photo of Jodi's foot. I have a shot of Juan's photo up on a giant screen. It's been cleared up so well that I saved it.

I will only post the link please *be aware that Travis' body is clear*.
Also click the photo after you go to the page so you can see it larger.

http://i49.tinypic.com/ldvsg.jpg

You can save it and zoom it up yourself as well. Hope that helps. :seeya:

:)

Hoping to help even though it was a few pages back, about the photo of Jodi's foot. I have a shot of Juan's photo up on a giant screen. It's been cleared up so well that I saved it.

I will only post the link please *be aware that Travis' body is clear*.
Also click the photo after you go to the page so you can see it larger.

http://i49.tinypic.com/ldvsg.jpg

You can save it and zoom it up yourself as well. Hope that helps. :seeya:

:)

You should post that in the Sequence of Events thread. You can really see that is a foot in this pic and someone on there is convinced it's just Travis' shadow. Good pic!

Yes, true, and I guess it also depends on what she said and how the info was obtained. It seems like the jurors were going to keep it to themselves until the questioning on Thursday. Maybe when they were asked if they saw or heard anything unusual, they thought they found out about her comment and decided to come clean to avoid any repercussions or kind of alluded to the comment and they were questioned further. I wonder when we'll know if she's been dismissed or not? Will that then leave 5 alternates?

I will believe whatever the proscuter says. They have very sophictated ways of investating the photo
The prosecutor did not point to the little blob foot and indicate it was a foot. He pointed toward the bathroom area and stated that TA's feet were facing toward the bathroom.

moo

I appreciate you saying this because I was a juror once and was elected foreman-- and we took our oath very seriously. It is honorable to uphold the oath you take as a juror and if you cannot keep that oath or your mouth shut, then you shouldn't continue.

If this was missed and somehow came out later that some sort of misconduct was true and nothing was said or done about it; that would be huge for an appeal case and would completely jeopardize a conviction.

I'm glad they are sorting this out now before it becomes more concerning. I don't "agree" Beth Karas insinuating that other jurors may have "ratted" her out. That description isn't necessary.

Maybe it's just simply that they are trying to uphold the oath that was asked of them and maybe they didn't appreciate and maybe felt uncomfortable with anyone, especially a fellow juror breaking it.

I appreciate you saying this because I was a juror once and was elected foreman-- and we took our oath very seriously. It is honorable to uphold the oath you take as a juror and if you cannot keep that oath or your mouth shut, then you shouldn't continue.

If this was missed and somehow came out later that some sort of misconduct was true and nothing was said or done about it; that would be huge for an appeal case and would completely jeopardize a conviction.

I'm glad they are sorting this out now before it becomes more concerning. I don't "agree" Beth Karas insinuating that other jurors may have "ratted" her out. That description isn't necessary.

Maybe it's just simply that they are trying to uphold the oath that was asked of them and maybe they didn't appreciate and maybe felt uncomfortable with anyone, especially a fellow juror breaking it.

All we know at this point is that a motion was filed concerning her. The defense has filed many motions for mistrial most ridiculous, lets all hold our judgement this judge does not want a mistrial clearly, she will do what is in the best interest of preserving the jury. Many bogus filings by the defense to try and save her from DP. It could have been something not even related to the case which she said to another juror. I.e. " did you see the prosecutors pen? I'm going to get one of those"

I have a heavy heart today. :( I just feel so angry, sad, tired. I'm heart broken over what Travis had to endure during the time he was killed. Those terrible seconds and minutes. I have tried to not allow it to "get" to me too deeply but today it broke me. :facepalm: I have had tears running down my face all day.

I wish Nurmi would shut up with his constant flow of mistrial motions. I want a conviction and I want it now. I figured I would break down once the conviction came in but I guess my body and mind got tired of waiting.

:grouphug: to the family and all of you who are touched by this.

I've heard lots of tricolor concerns in person after court but I've not ever gotten that myself.

I see motion was filed yesterday (3/31) electronically by S/L Kirk Nurmi so he just did this (s=self).. yesterday of all days. Is it true that "usually" the defense will win the motion as far as having juror removed.. just because? Once that happens, how do you think the jury (regardless of admonitions) will be impacted... they've been together quite a while now... and they might respect #5.

Katie cool

remember last week someone mentioned one of the female jurors laughing loudly as they left for the day?
Than I remember Jodie whispering something to wilmott and they both looked at the jurors leaving? Was that juror #5 ya think?

The entire jury was questioned on last day of court re our Juan and the media.. so it came from that query... whether she answered a question the way the defense didn't like.. or perhaps she was ratted out. And her response to something may not be very questionable.. could be defense sees this as an opportunity to get rid of a juror they don't want deliberating.....JMOO of course.

I have a heavy heart today. :( I just feel so angry, sad, tired. I'm heart broken over what Travis had to endure during the time he was killed. Those terrible seconds and minutes. I have tried to not allow it to "get" to me too deeply but today it broke me. :facepalm: I have had tears running down my face all day.

I wish Nurmi would shut up with his constant flow of mistrial motions. I want a conviction and I want it now. I figured I would break down once the conviction came in but I guess my body and mind got tired of waiting.

:grouphug: to the family and all of you who are touched by this.

((( hugs))) to you, know that your not alone
There have been a time or two that I've felt sadness and grief for the Alexander family.
The defence disgusts me to no end, there's a way to conduct yourself as a professional, defending a client without being downright rude, nasty and disrespectful towards the victims family.
If they do read here, they need to know how dispicable they come across .
They have made this trial about winning, forgetting justice.

Maybe it's just me but I think this is a very stupid move on the part of the defense if this turns out to not be true and Tri Color is cleared and ends up in deliberations. She's going to remember the tricky tactic the defense tried to pull in getting her taken off the jury. I know she is only supposed to consider the evidence, but it'll be in her mind.

The defense sounds REALLY desperate. Like, I know that's what DT's usually do, file a lot of motions, ask for mistrials all the time. But this DT is just grasping at every little straw. It really makes me wonder what's coming and if that has something to do with it. Their CIC is drawing to a close and they are afraid that it wasn't enough. And...it wasn't, imho. Their first few witnesses focused on how horrible a person Travis was, then Jodi (yeah), now these experts, one getting ripped to shreds, and the other on her way to getting ripped to shreds. I would say their case did not go very well. I mean...this is all they have? The rebuttal case will bring it right back around to Jodi, her gas can lie, the premeditation, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt that this juror would even know about the motion if she were to remain on the jury. The jury only knows what takes place in the courtroom in their presence or special circumstances like last week with the motion for prosecutional misconduct where they were asked questions, but do not know the reasons behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper