a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya and good for you. Thanks to you as well for all your Courtroom reporting. Tough being in the Courtroom for sure. Last Trial I attended was the horrific murder and rape of an 8 year old girl. In the Courtroom is a very different experience than what coverage portrays isn't it. So kudos to all those who attend. It can suck the life from you some days. Families who go thru this are true heroes :rose:

You are so right. On the good days it can be uplifting because it feels like justice is coming. Other days it is literally exhausting and depressing.

My heart goes out to the family, they can't take a break from it.

I think ja likes being in court. She gets out of jail, wears street clothes. Sits at the table with her attorneys (makes her feel like a bigshot). She doesn't have to worry about smuggling pencils, etc.

smashing-laptop-with-bat.gif

I keep hitting wrong keys when trying to post! They just disappear.
swearing-smiley.gif

MMO
I think LaV had a pang of guilt seeing Travis' family emerge from the Judge's chamber beaten down. She seemed slightly unhinged looking at the family's genuine pain and sorrow. Too bad it did not last long. Samuels will ever feel justified in defending the Slasher, but I think LaV may come to grips with her duplicity in testifying for the defense. My hope is that she will be plagued with guilt :please: for life.

She must really want pens! I feel like sending her a postcard from the Bic Company.

I think I'll put her on the mailing lists for all the big artist supply warehouses: Jerry's Artorama, Dick Blick Art Supply, Pearl Paint, etc. She will dehydrate, die and turn to dust because she'll be drooling for all the awesome goodies she will never get her hands on. Maybe Nikon, Canon, Sony, Adobe, Apple catalogs too. :great:

She must really want pens! I feel like sending her a postcard from the Bic Company.

She probably wanted pens so she could fudge some of her diary entries (when and if she had access to them) :eek:

Too bad her Mom didn't get her the help she needed with her mental problems, as Travis would still be here and thriving as a valuable contribution to society. We have to pay all this money to defend, feed and house this worthless, waste of skin!! :doh:

I can barely take it anymore, but I keep saying to myself if Travis's beautiful, loving family can sit there day after day and have the strength to go on with their days ... well I better hang in there. It broke my heart to see them so upset over the dismissal of Tri-color. God Bless them.

thanks KCL!! I cannot imagine being in that courtroom having to listen to ALV. More power to all that are required to be there.

when the sisters cry my heartbreaks!! I agree 100% this is all Donavon's doings! I think she had planted eyes and ears everywhere in hopes of finding info. leading to a mistrial. she needs to be removed from the courtroom. she is feeding Jodi's revenge plot.

any guesses on when JM will be up to bat????....I cannot watch JW anymore.

ITA! And I include Jennifer Willmott in the stupid act. She's a lawyer with her own law firm (or does she just pretend to have one for the court filings?)lol--can't she figure out a way during the hours and hours she's had this witness on the stand to ASK A QUESTION IN A WAY THAT WILL FACILITATE AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER???????????????? Hey Jen--look into that. It must be online or something. And stop giggling and smiling and letting your mouth hang open in fake shock when Juan objects. It's annoying.

Love, love LOVE the M&M's!!

It was quickly up on HLN (I think?) where they were able to obtain part of her D-reports. I hit record so I could back up and type them all out. I am interested in knowing any others she may have so I have my eyes open and ears perked.

*nods* Yes ma'am. After watching those interrogation videos as well (to me) I see her as a kleptomaniac. I would bet she has taken things from every place she has stayed no matter if it's family or friends. Probably things that didn't mean much in value but meant something to each person. Everything that belonged to Travis she seemed to feel belonged to her too.

Remember in the interrogation video she picked things out of the trash, rifled through everything in the room possible, wrote on things that did not belong to her, ripped two pages out of a legal pad, folded them up and stuck them in her panties? It just went to show me how horrible she is with that. She was allowed to have the pages but Jodi just has to be a sneaky, snoopy jerk about it and hide them in her underwear.

I wonder if there is a place somewhere that she has stashed everything she has squirreled away. There is probably a tape or memory card with the video of the murder in there if a place like that exists.

Sorry if my thoughts went off track. :blushing:
Everything with Jodi =2, does she have OCD?

You are so right. On the good days it can be uplifting because it feels like justice is coming. Other days it is literally exhausting and depressing.

My heart goes out to the family, they can't take a break from it.

I think ja likes being in court. She gets out of jail, wears street clothes. Sits at the table with her attorneys (makes her feel like a bigshot). She doesn't have to worry about smuggling pencils, etc.
I agree Pasa, she loves it, even if it's negative attention...

Are you in court this week? I had a question about the judge, is she able to watch and read about the trial?
In your opinion does it look like she is aggravated at all with the defense and what they are trying to get heard by both of these witnesess's?
Also yesterday, it sure looked like JA kept looking at the jury more, and observing them more often than usual...also kept looking around more ,I think she enjoyed making family cry IMO!
Yesterday after all that happened I kept thinking of that movie Runaway Jury, and if that is making a play in this trial...as in the defense!
Thanks for all you do and your observations makes my day!

KCL, did you happen to notice (or hear about) JA smirking...no, she was practically laughing - at ALV's reference to "Travis must've been on crack to think..."whatever, something...(I wasn't paying attention)..
I saw it on a replay later in the evening, not sure where..

Sorry, trying to catch up.
I saw it too. She covered her mouth, did things with her lips and look like to me that she was trying to read something on the table to stop herself from laughing.

She probably wanted pens so she could fudge some of her diary entries (when and if she had access to them) :eek:

Too bad her Mom didn't get her the help she needed with her mental problems, as Travis would still be here and thriving as a valuable contribution to society. We have to pay all this money to defend, feed and house this worthless, waste of skin!! :doh:

I can barely take it anymore, but I keep saying to myself if Travis's beautiful, loving family can sit there day after day and have the strength to go on with their days ... well I better hang in there. It broke my heart to see them so upset over the dismissal of Tri-color. God Bless them.

BBM

Unfortunately, I think that she's a psychopath/sociopath with all kinds of overlapping other PDs. These people are not really treatable. AFAIK

Agree with OutofStateLawyer. There's no cure for sociopathy/psychopathy and other than identifying that you have one in your life there's nothing anyone can legally do if they haven't broken the law, threatened to harm someone, or done something specific for which they can be arrested or held under a forced psychiatric watch, which only goes for 72 hrs anyway. This is the conundrum even for parents of children who they know are 'not right.' Once the child is an adult what can the parent do other than try to get some help? And even that can be difficult because you can't force a person to accept help if they are not deemed to be a threat to themselves or others.

However, for those folks who think they have a 'Jodi' type in their lives -- someone who is stalking and harassing them or doing things that involve escalating behavior, then it's very important to get the police involved ASAP. Granted, there's only so much one can do to legally protect themselves, but it's worth trying whatever you can.

BBM

Unfortunately, I think that she's a psychopath/sociopath with all kinds of overlapping other PDs. These people are not really treatable. AFAIK

Agree. Perhaps had the Parents attempted to get some treatment they may have become her first kill. IMO

FYI

@WildAboutTrial

Court confirmed trial is on for tomorrow. #JodiArias

Agree with OutofStateLawyer. There's no cure for sociopathy/psychopathy and other than identifying that you have one in your life there's nothing anyone can legally do if they haven't broken the law, threatened to harm someone, or done something specific for which they can be arrested or held under a forced psychiatric watch, which only goes for 72 hrs anyway. This is the conundrum even for parents of children who they know are 'not right.' Once the child is an adult what can the parent do other than try to get some help? And even that can be difficult because you can't force a person to accept help if they are not deemed to be a threat to themselves or others.

However, for those folks who think they have a 'Jodi' type in their lives -- someone who is stalking and harassing them or doing things that involve escalating behavior, then it's very important to get the police involved ASAP. Granted, there's only so much one can do to legally protect themselves, but it's worth trying whatever you can.

Agree. So often "these type" grow up and become somebody elses problem.

AAHHH!! So busy trying to catch up with KCL, I forgot to actually tune in to the trial.
Thnx KCL!!!

David Lohr - THE MAN!!! - will get these interviews and upload them here I'm sure. He rocks!! :rocker:

Whoops! My bad! David Lohr has the JA vids, but BIG shout out to Tiger Balm, gauntlet and beach for uploading them!

Sorry about that.....didn't mean to diss you guys, you rock too! :rocker:

Whoops! My bad! David Lohr has the JA vids, but BIG shout out to Tiger Balm, gauntlet and beach for uploading them!

Sorry about that.....didn't mean to diss you guys, you rock too! :rocker:

Wishing and hoping our Super Hero DL gets the tapes of her parents and posts them in their entirety. I'd LOVE to see those. I think her father represents the most honest voice in the entire family. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper