a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how they could possibly confirm this. Many attorneys have dispelled this and agreed that they have no Idea who will be testifying in the Rebuttal. If the names were released it might be more believable but "Cancun PPL, Walmart SL" do not sound like witness'. They do not have their hands on the witness list so I would stay open minded about this. Just sayin'
Agree! The FB page reads a lot of what KCL writes here too. Just saying too....

az lawyer expressed that though thoughtless and tasteless, it is not actually illegal for ALV to approach Samantha depending on what she said. Basically if what is rumored to have been said is true. Its not illegal. ;-( However if she said something like "Mr. Nurmi wants to speak to the family about a plea deal" then definitely illegal

Really?:banghead: I guess what she did is just tasteless, not illegal. Do you happen to have the post by AZLawyer? Now I have a billion questions for her!

Also, The TA family has every right to be protected from any DT/witness approaching them ever - while they are in the CR. I know JM will assure that won't happen again, also this Judge - I am not a fan again leave it at that.

My big pet peeve *The Books*. They were only given to JA, to examine, learn, memorize, and insurance for the DT, that she is on the same page {pun} as the synchronized witnesses. Like a student preparing for a test.

I hate they gifted her these items - that are no gift at all. It's a cheat sheet.

No prof will ever give a witness a book, especially while you are awaiting trial.

All profs can recommend one.

That is disappointing about Chris and Sky Hughes. But I guess I kind of understand why. Cancun PPL, huh? Wonder what that is about?

Maybe Travis changed his guest from the original booking.

It's not personal...is like the abuser telling a kid, You know if you didn't smart me off--I would have to beat you like that. Or "it's for your own good." nothing personal, Alyce.

It reminds me of that silly movie 'Dumb and Dumber' -- the 2 main characters would insult each other and then one would say--"No offense!" & the other replied "None taken."

'You are the biggest loser I've ever met!--No offense!"
"Oh, none taken!"

"Travis was a pedophilic, abusive womanizer. No offense!"
:furious:

Really?:banghead: I guess what she did is just tasteless, not illegal. Do you happen to have the post by AZLawyer? Now I have a billion questions for her!

Lieb, go to the legal thread, she is the foremost lawyer to post there, she is very informative. You can post questions but there is no discussion. She is very good about trying to answer all questions.

I am not a lawyer, but I think what she is saying that it is considered a misdemeanor v crime or criminal act. Depending on what ALV said to Sam. IMHO, I feel the same way as KCL - that she should never be able to approach the family. The unclear part is what the repercussions/punishment is for doing so?

I am sure JM is on it like bees on honey.

There is no way a FB page generated from Australia has any inside info as to who will be called. None. I would be surprised if even the Family of Travis would know, KCL may be able to clear that up i.e. if Mr. Martinez informs them of who will be called. That I would have no way of knowing as I am not a victim. However................there are many things floating around on many different topics which all should be taken with a grain of salt.. it is like playing the phone tag game, and how the beginning of the story is never the ending of the story.

And....now you got me crying. As a motherless daughter, that just....ok....now I'm bawling. Don't worry it's been coming, it's a good thing. This has been an incredibly rough week (my brother has not been doing well at all on top of everything else which is the most important thing in my life right now).

If its any comfort you have all of us on here that follow your every word and care very much for such a coollady...I've been reading your posts for weeks...I admire and respect people like you...and especially the care and concern you give to TA'S Family.

It really bothers me that the THs, with all their Juan bashing, has not commented at all on the DT's unprofessionalism. JW's unprofessionalism these last couple weeks has been palpable. I am not a lawyer and have not watched many trials, but the way she behaves is amazing to me. I have never seen anything like it. And they are clearly instructing their witnesses to be combative with Juan, even their experts! What a mistake that is! Why aren't they being criticized for this? HLN seems to dislike Juan so much that nothing else bothers them.

Someone mentioned the Scott Falater case on the other thread, which Martinez prosecuted, so I decided to learn more and read about. Seems all this is nothing new for Martinez. From this article:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-07-01/news/wake-up-call/

"And she can't come in and testify, can she?" Martinez snapped at him.
Despite his tendency to go overboard with several defense witnesses in this trial--for example, he verbally attacked a clergyman who testified on Falater's behalf for wearing a clerical collar to trial--Martinez was sound technically, fast on his feet and, with inexplicable exceptions, on his game.

...Martinez is almost a foot shorter than Kimerer, and still looks like the distance runner he used to be in the high desert of rural Victorville, California. His high-pitched voice grates at times, and he has a short fuse with adverse witnesses. But he does seem to earn the grudging respect of juries."

It was interesting reading how Martinez was able to get a seemingly unlikely first degree conviction. He was been the same way he is now since probably the beginning and rarely loses. It is becoming comical now watching these less experienced attorneys night in and night out trying to tell him what to do. I know they are being forced to say that for ratings (though Eiglarsh seems genuine in his criticisms), but still. Let the man do his thing.

GREAT POST. Thank You.

I really laughed about the part where Juan " verbally attacked a clergyman who testified on Falater's behalf for wearing a clerical collar to trial-" :giggle:

I can easily picture that. :hero:

If its any comfort you have all of us on here that follow your every word and care very much for such a coollady...I've been reading your posts for weeks...I admire and respect people like you...and especially the care and concern you give to TA'S Family.

Thank you Snow White.,,and now that I've been Disney certified...I feel like a Princess in Training. :great:

Fwiw, I greatly respect and admire what those Aussie gals are doing on Facebook. I don't post there often because for my posting/reading style, the format isn't as easy or natural for me. But they can lift any of my posts they want if they are helpful. I think they're great and deeply appreciate all they are doing. We're all in this together.

There is no way a FB page generated from Australia has any inside info as to who will be called. None. I would be surprised if even the Family of Travis would know, KCL may be able to clear that up i.e. if Mr. Martinez informs them of who will be called. That I would have no way of knowing as I am not a victim. However................there are many things floating around on many different topics which all should be taken with a grain of salt.. it is like playing the phone tag game, and how the beginning of the story is never the ending of the story.

I'd never share anything I got privately like that. I'm very aware of certain levels of privacy and boundaries. Unlike.....oh well you know.

Thank you Snow White.,,and now that I've been Disney certified...I feel like a Princess in Training. :great:

Michelle was hilarious on SNL - I loved it. I agree much needed LOL for sure, I should book mark it for us. Or, brides maids great movie. She is so taleneted and funny. To make the topic flow, I loved when she shat herself - like ALV will Monday. Eh

I just watched the longer version of Det. Flores' interviews with JA's parents (link posted on the media thread). After seeing how devastated Sandi Arias is during that interview, I don't understand her demeanor in court. The smirks, the apparent lack of empathy for TA's family. On the most basic level this is a horrific crime. How can she not feel awful about what happened to Travis? And why would she blame his family/siblings or at least not feel terrible for them? I just don't get it. She can't possibly believe the lies about 'domestic violence?' She knows her daughter is a liar.

At first I was hopeful that Jaun would turn her into a prosecution witness, I don't see that happening, she is defiant, rude, outdated, man hating, and obviously has zero boundaries or self respect. I think the observers will be in for a helluva ride tomorrow! Stay strong ladies, believe it or not your presence and energy has a huge effect on soooo many things.

Juan knows all that and knows how to get right under her skin. We're going to see a lot of puffery and righteous indignation from her tomorrow!
:great:

Fwiw, I greatly respect and admire what those Aussie gals are doing on Facebook. I don't post there often because for my posting/reading style, the format isn't as easy or natural for me. But they can lift any of my posts they want if they are helpful. I think they're great and deeply appreciate all they are doing. We're all in this together.

I used to post over there during the beginning, FB since changed their formant and it is impossible to read now, no fault of the Admins, as well with 33,000 plus members there is quite a bit of bashing as well misinfo, again not necessarily on the part of Admins, so I don't participate any longer, however I will stay fast in my statement that there is no way they know who will be called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett