a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Websleuthers! I am new to the forum but have been following all aspects of this case. I just wanted to express my views on JM. I find him to be absolutely BRILLIANT! In regards to Laviolette.. I found an important point that JM made during this cross was that if she rendered an opinion in a first degree murderer case, supporting the defendant was a victim of domestic violence, she knew she would be questioned about it. So lets put on our big girl pants, and if you are firm in your assessment, then answer the questions.

Martinez dismantled this theory, piece by piece, methodically, yesterday and is not even finished yet. I note he is able to do this all without a note in front of him, as he has studied this case front to back and back again. So perhaps his "tone " that is often criticized, comes from a place where he expects these witnesses to be as equally prepared and expects the seriousness of these charges to resonate with them as well. JM is fighting for Travis, and is his voice, and I hope his "tone " resonates loud and clear with this jury, screaming that Jodi Arias planned Travis 's murder, brutally murdered him, did everything in her power to avoid responsibility, now caught, and defamed this man in unspeakable ways in an effort to save her own skin!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND THE ALEXANDER FAMILY! I pray for all envolved each day, and bless all of you who like JM will accept nothing less than complete justice in this case.

:welcome6: and GREAT post!

I'm wondering about ALV's credentials, and I think that if he wanted, Juan could publically humiliate her on the stand about the points raised on this website by a Ph.D:

"According to her CV, Ms. LaViolette lists four journal articles. Journal articles are typically peer reviewed. Were Ms. LaViolettes’ peer reviewed? Peer reviewed means that usually two to four reviewers, familiar with research in a particular area, carefully evaluate a manuscript, and decide whether or not it is acceptable for publication. Information about the reviewers and the review process, for these articles, could not be obtained. Let’s look at possible reasons why no information could be found."

LINK:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/

I think her "deficiencies" speak loud enough from the stand.

KCL, based on what you observed do you get the impression Wilmott is fearful of Arias?

personally, I am more disgusted with the judge than I am with alice.

The judge even tells her at one point, yes or no. Alice totally ignored the judge and answerd Juans question .. Took her about 5 minutes to answer.. The judge did NOTHING.

I bet the jurors like Judge S and don't like ALV's disrespecting/ignoring her.

I had one more hilarious moment from yesterday that I woke up laughing about.

I was very emotional after court yesterday having called my Dad/brother and hearing my brother finally home and sounding so positive, etc. So I was just kind of feeling tender and as Katie left w/ Bill to go do the show I hugged her and what I meant to say was "do you know how special it is to know you?" but what came out of my mouth was "do you know how special I am?" and I couldn't retract it, it just kept flowing right out like a runaway train.

Then we pulled apart and were laughing SO HARD as we obviously both knew it wasn't what I meant to say ...we were coughing and choking and in tears we were laughing so hard. Bill was like "ok what's going on?" lol I ran in to her again on my way to the car and it all started up again. It was a fit of hysteria and one of those inside jokes (now outside lol) that we will never forget.

I woke up to a text from her saying "hello my special friend". LOL

God after all this seriousness and intensity it's great how humor can sneak itself in to the equation. Katie is also really really funny and has a great sense of humor. So is PASA now that I think about it.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! So nice to be in the company of you all, who like myself have become so invested in this trial! CANNOT wait for court today...cliff hanger yesterday as JM is going to prove JA is stalked using her own expert witness to do so!

Thanks, Katie! I feel like a stalker a little on this thread, refreshing for your notes! :blushing: I really appreciate your insights and I'm grateful your brother is better and HOME! Have a TERRIFIC day! :)

LOL. You a stalker and me totallyobsessed. We make a pair!

Yesterday when ALV wouldn't let the 'grandmother' thing go, I wish JM had pointed out that TA was raised by his Grandmother, who also happened to be a Mormon. He was raised in a loving, God respecting home. I would hate to have seen how anyone would be raised with her as a grandmother. jmo

LOL. A JODIan slip.

I was very emotional after court yesterday having called my Dad/brother and hearing my brother finally home and sounding so positive, etc. So I was just kind of feeling tender and as Katie left w/ Bill to go do the show I hugged her and what I meant to say was "do you know how special it is to know you?" but what came out of my mouth was "do you know how special I am?" and I couldn't retract it, it just kept flowing right out like a runaway train.

Then we pulled apart and were laughing SO HARD as we obviously both knew it wasn't what I meant to say ...we were coughing and choking and in tears we were laughing so hard. Bill was like "ok what's going on?" lol I ran in to her again on my way to the car and it all started up again. It was a fit of hysteria and one of those inside jokes (now outside lol) that we will never forget.

God after all this seriousness and intensity it's great how humor can sneak itself in to the equation. Katie is also really really funny and has a great sense of humor. So is PASA now that I think about it.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! So nice to be in the company of you all, who like myself have become so invested in this trial! CANNOT wait for court today...cliff hanger yesterday as JM is going to prove JA is stalked using her own expert witness to do so!

Believe me, that "stalking" word was like it's own COWBELL ringing in that courtroom yesterday! I can't wait to see him extrapolate on that one!

"she had a very difficult time letting go" (duh- that kind of defines a stalker in a way yes or no? lol that was me not jM)

I wonder how she feels about being called "Ma'am".

"that's a pattern of stalking isn't it?" ( I was getting really sleepy and that comment shot me up like a meerkat!)

Lets leave the jury on that stalking note, shall we? YES. Court adjourned on that note YES

After jury dismissed JA becomes her animated self again close talking w/ JW. I find the non verbal behavior when she close talks with Maria very seductive looking and it makes me uncomfortable.

That's it folks! Was just there for the pm and same today. I have some other tasks to do this morning but will be there for the pm session! And all day manana!

:seeya:

I told you that my husband wants You, Beth, Katie Wick and Janine to have your own show. I agree.
He has had a crush on Beth K since the Peterson trial and then when she was in our court here for a trial she signed a glossy photo for him. He was so happy!

Re: the orgasms, "esp the female" she can't tell? Why would that be any different in distinguishing? That is her TELL.

Harry Met Sally? Really? She thinks she's giving a "breakout keynote speech" here.

She wasn't "casting aspersions" re: saying he taped it? Like it doesn't matter? LIAR!

Every time there is a judgment call, you've taken the defendant's side. BOOM

6 jurors all the way down on back row have hands over their mouths.

Paul Rudd writing a question. Looks like he has 4 pages of question papers he's organizing.

Paul R and CEO on edge of their seats "Did you use sex to quell his anger?"

Paul R stares at her during sidebar after that questioning.

CEO, Paul R. HW, Ponytail note taking re: "yes I did" re: leading questions.

I noticed that instead of being able to draw from her "years of experience", LV relies on Hollywood movies and books OTHERS wrote. Really? This all she has? Horrible! What a joke.

In addition to all the above, I can't understand why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses on the stand? Why does she do that? Since Wendy Murphy said that nothing that happens in the courtroom is by mistake, I'm just wondering what message she is trying to send. :waitasec:

ALV only sees what she wants to see. ;)

Miss Katiecoo, you ARE special. And I'm glad to know stuff like that happens to OTHER people, too.

:D

BBM
It's certainly is. Living alone way up here it's usually my dogs or cats that give me a laugh... but you just gave me the most enjoyable floor rolling I have had in quite sometime! Just ANOTHER thing to thank you for.... :)!

Sorry if i already missed the answer or explanation but did anyone get any further info regarding ALV approaching Sam? Its disturbing me beyond belief. What could she possibly say, i"m sorry for your loss, but its my job?" Its infuriating! And many judges would severely admonish such behavior in open court. It truly bothers me.

I agree that ALV should be admonished for that and severely! I get that JS doesn't want a mistrial or an appeal, but the latitude she is giving the defense is outrageous. I find myself speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3