a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooohoooooo welcome to WS!

Tulessa said:
"I note he is able to do this all without a note in front of him, as he has studied this case front to back and back again. So perhaps his "tone " that is often criticized, comes from a place where he expects these witnesses to be as equally prepared and expects the seriousness of these charges to resonate with them as well".

Excellent!!!

Someone needs to send this brilliant observation to the Talking Heads so they'll drop the criticism.

I was directed to a great article about this through the Det. Esteban Flores - Support Group face book page
"From The Burning Bed to Jodi Arias: The Abuse Defense Gone Wrong"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/janice-harper/the-burning-bed_b_2981003.html?utm_hp_ref=tw&fb_source=message&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false
It describes the real effect ALV's testimony is having on the cause of DV.

the facebook page is currently reporting on the trial, but as it is called a support group, I think it may be for DV victims in the Pheonix area, if any readers are interested.
Sorry for breaking in, I'm trying to read up to KCL's notes, and came across the above comment.
:sigh:
Excellent article; thanks for the link!

KCL,

Thank you so much for your observations and for letting us feel like we're all a little part of your life. I look forward to your updates (and PASA's too) from the courtroom. I love that you are there for Travis' family members and friends... you have a very protective nature. You really should consider becoming a victim's advocate.

Again, thanks for all you do.

Hugs,
Karen

Thank you Karen. :) I do have a project in the works with the Victims Advocate office. I'll have time to work on it after the trial's over.

No! I don't know anything about this!

You MUSt track down the video of this!!! It is unbelievable. There is also a clip out there of a major eye roll by JA when one of JW's objections was shut down. I believe clips were posted on the main thread.

She's not liking not being the one in charge. She strikes me as one who thinks she's the expert and is not to be questioned.

MOO

Yep, exactly. Her job is answer the questions, not try to get to the motive of the prossecutor behind the questions. "Time out", are ya kidding? She is so blatantly and obviously biased towards women and I trust that my fellow citizens in AZ aren't buying into this.

Remember, according to ALV, JA becames a liar and manipulator AFTER murdering TA and had no such tendencies ever before that.

So true....all of her ramblings...I forgot about that answer to JM. Though he still hammered the Purple Plum and her manipulation of men after the murder. Hoping he brings it up again!

I told you that my husband wants You, Beth, Katie Wick and Janine to have your own show. I agree.
He has had a crush on Beth K since the Peterson trial and then when she was in our court here for a trial she signed a glossy photo for him. He was so happy!

haha that's so awesome! (the glossy) Does he know of my Bring Back Beth page? (which I need to update)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Karas-Bring-Back-Beth/556728244361860?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'd love to be on that show for the going out after parties. ;)

I have a question... KCL is always referring to the jurists who have their "hand over their mouth"

What is this body language "sign" supposed to imply? I have a feeling I'm missing something by not knowing...

:twocents::twocents:TO ALL "quiet" & public court watchers: THANK YOU!!!!!.....Wicked Awesome experiences that you folks are sharing!

:rocker::rocker:One of my students happened to catch the trial feed yesterday & provided a superb analogy to ALV's "expert" skill set:
She provides the same quality of service that an anatomical pathologist might offer who waltzes into the gross anatomy lab, sneaks a peak at her/any excised breast tumor, declares it malignant 'cause he's a chauvinist and ignores both the frozen section sides, the histological blocks & stained slides.

"TRANSLATION":

sneaks a peak = :what: ALV reads texts,journals,et al.
declares it malignant = :what: ALV declares "domestic abuse"
ignores both the frozen section sides, the histological blocks & stained slides = :what: ALV IGNORES SPEAKING TO/INTERVIEWING/OBSERVING BODY LANGUAGE/ASSESSING THAT 90% NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION OF LIVING WITNESSES TO JODI'S BEHAVIOR!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

NOT THE "EXPERT" EVALUATION I WANT, EVER!!!! :furious::furious::furious:

"Put it in to your brain...this brain that you use.." (I was DYING when he said that)

Oh! Hahahaa! I missed that one live.

Thank you for your time and your notes, you special cool lady you :p

I have a question... KCL is always referring to the jurists who have their "hand over their mouth"

What is this body language "sign" supposed to imply? I have a feeling I'm missing something by not knowing...

Just found this resource:

http://www.indiabix.com/body-language/hand-to-face-gestures/

Katie asked Janine this on the show this week and she said they are probably bored but I think so many of them covering their mouths is interesting. Holding themselves back from wanting to say something? I know I feel that way all the time in that courtroom!

She is appalling, her behavior in court is completely disrespectful, and I suspect that what we're seeing on the stand under cross is much as we'd see from her whenever her beliefs are confronted. She is not only ridiculously obstinate with Juan, but also the Judge.

Many times yesterday I watched her set her jaw, raise the power of her voice and flat out ignore admonitions by both Juan and the Judge to answer "yes or no". She talked over both of them. Repeatedly. Words were being said to her she was determined not to obey, and she stuck to her guns. She even turned her head away from the Judge when told by her to answer "yes or no", didn't acknowledge her words at all, and if she did stop talking as the judge spoke then did the next words out of her mouth were anything BUT "yes or no". So disrespectful.

Since that behavior comes so easily to her, and she exhibits no bashfulness or shame for her actions in court (the smugness on her face with the "time out"!), I suspect it is her "go to" reaction whenever she is genuinely confronted and has been that way for years on end, perhaps even down to early childhood. A firmly embedded, long practiced confrontational style.

She strikes me as anything but gentle when push comes to shove. We are seeing the real ALV under cross.

I hope two things. That her behavior strikes others in the court in the same way, and that the defense team listens only to people who agree with their point of view (ie: look at mean angry Juan being mean and angry to this grandma).

Very well said! Very accurate assessment imo.

Thanks for all the observations - I so wished I could read her lips and know what she says all the time! No, I am not obsessed - no way! Lol

No comments on this yet in the other thread, so I'm bringing it over here:

Excerpt from Monday's minutes (4/8/13):

"4:33 p.m. Court and Counsel convene in chambers; also present are the Defendant and
next of kin.

Discussion is held."

The guy in the jeans and blue/yellow shirt at the end of the day was JA's brother?? Or did one of Travis's brothers or sisters go into chambers at the end of the day?

Has this been discussed anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member