a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! She doesn't like HLN, makes a comment about anger management problems, makes a comment about "little man syndrome" Says that finger was for Nancy.....(would that be Grace?)

This makes me think JW is letting her read text messages from others. Is this even legal? I thought her contact with the outside world was strictly controlled?

Somebody else is posting under that name, not Jodi. The last tweet was 35 minutes ago, about 11pm in Phoenix! No way does Jodi have a phone in jail!

What was up with JA and the sweater on her lap and her right arm in the sleeve of it today? Was she hiding something on her lap? If she was cold would she have not just put the sweater on?

And why was ALV staring at JW and running her finger around her watch crystal? Did she need a potty break or was she looking for guidance from JW on a time or date?

I hope this on topic and/or of interest to those in and out of the courtroom today...

I counted the amount of Objections by both JW this am/early pm and by JM on re-direct. I also tallied up whether the judge over-ruled or sustained. NOTE: If they were asked to approach I based this ruling on the question immediately following the aproach, ie: if it was the same I would count it as an over-ruled.

JW: 37 objections. 30 were over-ruled, 7 were sustained.

JM: 43 objections. 18 were over-ruled, 25 were sustained.

JW was batting .189 today, while JM was batting .581

Baseball fan or not, I think we can all agree on who the all-star on the field was today.

Thank you! I hope all the people who say the judge is for the defense read this.

I think the DT showing that video of Travis shooting the guns will backfire. First off, it doesn't prove he owned a gun as they are not his and none are a .25. But also, it'll give the jury a chance to finally see Travis alive, smiling, happy. They'll be reminded that this person, someone 's friend, brother was killed. It'll make Travis real for them.

So bring it on. Humanize Travis for the jury.

omgoodness, I missed this! Where did this news come from? Is it true, they're actually planning to play a video of Travis with his friends?

I agree with you, it's time for Travis' sweet face & silly, endearing personality to take center stage. In fact, it's way overdue.

We are told to power off all electronics. Not mute/vibrate, but off. She thinks the rules only apply to others.
I saw someone removed from the courtroom because their phone went off.

It was very loud in the courtroom. Some kind of techno-disco type tone. They finally discovered it was ALV's purse under the table where the MS sits. :) The Bailiff carried the purse outside while it was still ringing. LOL!!!

So I wonder if someone was calling her to aid in her passive aggressive behaviour.

I will never in my whole life forget that show with Wendy Murphy. I was fast writing questions the whole time in awe that we had this long extended time with her to pick her brain. She's so used to soundbiting that it's like every word is packed with punch..and we had a whole hour of informative soundbites strung together!

Thanks for your comments...I don't know how I got so cocky w Dr. Drew but I guess I had something to say. ;)

I heard that podcast and you were great, natch. I was glad to hear Murphy say that experts in the past have had career repercussions from actions like ALV's. That was heartening.

Hey, KCL, do you know who was the woman sitting next to de la Rosa on Wednesday?

Actually there were two new women there for some time today. By the way, Maria wasn't there when ALV's phone went off, no one was. It seemed it was ringing awhile before Alyce said from the stand, "It's mine, just turn it off." Probably the bailiff was walking out with it by then.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It's all good SassyMom.

And I'll add a : X

And, why am I not in bed? :please:

Quick thanks to you & Pasa for another great observation day. It's more appreciated than you know..
Your restraint in describing ALV shows what classy & gracious ladies you both are.

ALV & Miss-Home-Shoppng-Ntwrk resuming their slash-a-thon with no hesitancy whatsoever made for a stomach churning afternoon.

I can't imagine what those brothers & sisters were feeling. Uuuggghhhh..

I do. Usually to answer questions re: things that go on in the courtroom. I love the main thread but I can't keep up. :)

I love reading your notes & observations, Pasa..thank you so much for what you do here.. You're such a sweetheart, always kind to everyone.

So great to have seen pics of you, KCL KDDJ & others; then seeing you all in the CR.. Love that! "yeah, das mah frenz in da courtroom" Hubby & daughter give that "riiiiigght, SURE they are" look... (Wait, are they startin' to sound like Juan? hmmm..)

Thanks for being a blessing, Mizz Pasa!! :)

I am going to personally boycott that twitter business just like I don't expose myself to ANYTHING on the Jodi Is Innocent site. Zero tolerance. I will not give her any attention. Once she's convicted and sentenced she will be shut down. But in the meantime I invite anyone to join me in a protest of silence on this "speaking out". I will not indulge this sociopath.

YOU ROCK!!!! Thank you thank you thank you and a million more. I look forward to your notes all day long.
Have a great sleep and will look for your notes again in a few hours!!

GODSPEED TO JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS.

God bless ya Juan

My heart broke for Travis' sister Samantha yesterday. I feel so badly for her, listening to testimony absolutely slandering her dear brother's memory, also the DT & ALV stating that children of abusive parents often become abusers themselves because they haven't learned how to have relationships. Hogwash! Travis, & Samantha & the other siblings, are success stories. Their story should be celebrated, not slandered. Samantha looks so much like Travis. I hope the jury recognizes the total garbage being spewed by the DT. I also hope this trial ends soon for Travis' family's sake. It has got to be terrible for them, & they don't deserve this. Hugs to Samantha... Hang in there, cutie!

Heard it was the guy who validated the sex tape. Which means they may be bringing more of the tapes in. I don't know why they would bother because I'm sure the first one was the worst.

I think it was Nancy Grace who said, normally it would cost 3.99 a minute to listen to this stuff.:floorlaugh:

So you heard ALV say "wacky", too!

I thought I heard that... But then just assumed I heard wrong since it is a word with such negative implications that a " professional" would not use it on a witness stand...

:sigh:

I would venture to say that the great majority of generally-accepted, mainstream psych tests are quite solid. They have normally been thoroughly validified, found to be reliable, and a third feature I can't remember right now (standardized?).

The exception can be when you are testing a population that hasn't been particularly exposed to the mainstream culture for any length of time, and Jodi ain't that person. :jail:

For a dv "professional" to dis them like that is bizarre. ALV continually shoots herself in the foot!

Good Morning to all of you wonderful websleuthers!!! How did jury handle the switch from fiery cross to re -direct???

Was surprised regarding additional defense witness... Beth K (who I love) said it was recall which painstakingly lead me to register defends case in chief. Mr. Lonnie Dworkin, forensic computer expert. Not sure what they are trying to bring in, but I do note that JM has a forensic computer expert listed on rebuttal witness list. Though prosecutor case in chief was so long ago, I have not forgotten the testimony under oath stating that shortly after Travis was murdered his computer and phone were accessed...cant wait to see where this goes..

Having said that, I have no worries that JM is prepared and ready! Thank you to our wonderful ladies who work do hard to bring us into the courtroom with your keen observations. I cannot wait to hear your observations from yesterday! Sincere gratitude for all you do! Waiting patiently....

I would venture to say that the great majority of generally-accepted, mainstream psych tests are quite solid. They have normally been thoroughly validified, found to be reliable, and a third feature I can't remember right now (standardized?).

The exception can be when you are testing a population that hasn't been particularly exposed to the mainstream culture for any length of time, and Jodi ain't that person. :jail:

For a dv "professional" to dis them like that is bizarre. ALV continually shoots herself in the foot!

The third one is predictability. :blushing:

I saw Numi covering his mouth today....What happened to the lip readers on Dr Drew?:what:

The trial was still going on and took up most of his show...thankfully he gets us back to the Court Room unlike JVM....and NG....depending on her mood...lol.I'm with whoever said we need Court TV back or a channel that covers trials with limited commercials...I've become a real potty mouth trying to watch this trial:great:

RSBM

ALV's cell phone went off in court, some kinda Twilight Zone sounding music (actually it was a cool ring but ya know, people get kicked out for that!).

Can't see the jury all that well but I do see some questions in the basket

When I heard it, I instantly thought it was the following. Can you confirm if it is the same?
I used to use it maybe five years ago as an alarm ring tone.

(Actual song is PPK - Ressurection Robots)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_sZK3HXs8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_sZK3HXs8[/ame]

KKL, Pasa, Good morning! Thank you for keeping us informed from the inside. You provide the balance that helps keep me sane through the nuttiness of the defense case. JW needs to wrap up her redirect ASAP. I am sure the jury is suffering from a distinct cognitive dissonance between good ALV and bad ALV.

There are enough older jurors sitting there who have been there and done that. They all know that a 14-year-old liar will more than likely grow up to be an adult liar. Likewise, even though they didn't hear Jodi's mother's interview, they must recognize that this person was not an angel to raise. Sitting here from a Social Security age POV, I know a lot more than Ms. ALV assumes. I'm sure they do as well.

I am looking forward to the juror questions. I have a sneaking suspicion that Juror #5, who sat near the basket was putting previous questions in the basket for others. IMHO, the defense and Jodi believe she was the source of the snarkiest ones which did as much, if not more damage than Juan's questioning. I know they will be surprised to see that snark continue.

If ALV is as rude in answering juror questions, it's over, IMHO. Mark my words, OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo