a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't assume that "followers" are supporters. Lots of people love to watch a train wreck, and some of those followers may be anti-Jodi-ites who simply want to keep tabs on her. 500 is a pretty paltry number, in light of her supposed notoriety.

BBM - ITA, remember when Charlie Sheen was a 'warlock' and he got over 5 million followers?

We are allowing the link to the articles about cyberstalking and witness intimidation so that you may see the severity of the problem we're facing.

This is NOT an open invitation to express your views on the matter one way or the other.

If you have made disparaging remarks about the defense team or their witnesses, go back and delete your comments or alert the post and ask that a moderator delete it for you.

In the past week, we've been issuing 24-timeouts for name calling and disparaging remarks. Future timeouts for this type of violation will be extended to include at least 3 days of trial coverage.

Please check your posts now.

Thank you.

How is it that the rules consider note paper to be contraband (see Det. B interview where Jodi tries to sneak paper out in pants), note passing in court (see Jodi gymnastics with journal book and subsequent confiscation), visitor and telephone communication is limited (see jail standards), but telling someone to set up a Twitter feed and broadcasting by proxy is allowed?

Come on, Joe! We know you've been the Sheriff here since the Gadsden Purchase :facepalm:, but it's time to adapt to the 21st Century. Get on this one, please.

I thought that Sheriff was so strict in AZ. Sounds like those inmates in jail do what they want or is it just the males he is strict on?

Thank you ladies for your notes and insights!! I get so much out of these observations - I do not watch HLN - I watch when Juan is on online and then I do not watch the defense... So your notes are all I get outside of what I see and I do not trust HLN to do as a good a job as you.(ummmm not even close!!)

Also, I grew up in an abusive home. My father was an alcoholic and a violent person. All 4 of us kids got beaten as if we were adults - as in punches, kicks and being thrown against walls... belts, cables, etc etc I could on.... None of my brothers are violent (I have 3 brothers) and I have been married for 22 years and am not abusive towards my husband. I have a son and my biggest goal in life was not to pass on to my son the stuff I got from my parents.... and I have not!! So ALV saying that abused children become abusers is a lie... some do, of course, but not all. It is an insult to hear her say that, and I feel like reaching into the TV and telling her off...

Anyway - sorry if I am OT but needed to say that.

Hugs to all.
Thanks for sharing your personal story. I'm glad you were able to say what you needed to say. Keep up the good work. :rocker:

I thought that Sheriff was so strict in AZ. Sounds like those inmates in jail do what they want or is it just the males he is strict on?
No, the inmates here do work on chain gangs and live in tents in 100 degree temperatures (and that's at night). But Sheriff Joe would probably be the first to say he thinks Twitter is a brand of bird seed and posting is what you do along the US/Mexico border. :moo:
Like I said, it's time to take another look at the jail rules.

Does anyone know if JM can question LAV again after JW has done her cross?

Members, please read this article from USA Today and you will realize why we've had to be so strict on the name calling and disparaging remarks of the defense team's witnesses.

Could it be construed as witness intimidation? Regardless of the argument for or against free speech, Websleuths will not be responsible for giving the appearance of any organized effort to intimidate or tamper with any witness during any trial.

We ask that you please post responsibly.

Thank you.
Sue and Tricia
Websleuths.com Owners

This reason should remain secondary to common courtesy and human decency. Your efforts to keep this site respectful are appreciated and admired.

That's real rich Arias tweeting about Juan and anger management while she's wearing a stun belt in court with guards around her for being a cold blooded killer.
The DP phase cannot come too soon.

We are allowing the link to the articles about cyberstalking and witness intimidation so that you may see the severity of the problem we're facing.

This is NOT an open invitation to express your views on the matter one way or the other.

If you have made disparaging remarks about the defense team or their witnesses, go back and delete your comments or alert the post and ask that a moderator delete it for you.

In the past week, we've been issuing 24-timeouts for name calling and disparaging remarks. Future timeouts for this type of violation will be extended to include at least 3 days of trial coverage.

Please check your posts now.

Thank you.

As guests in your house, respecting this request should be a no-brainer for all of us. I swear, I would fall completely apart if anything I ever posted anywhere (much less here) resulted in an advantage to Jodi Ann Arias.

Good morning y'all hope we can make it through to the jurors questions today!

Thanks again for the courtroom notes, I love when you tell us when jurors are taking notes, as I like to go back and see the parts of testimony they seem interested in...don't know how much more I can take of this witness...ugh!

On another note, if I was a juror in this trial and been abstaining from all sources and rendered a verdict that might be on a lesser degree, I would be really upset after the trial to see and hear all that was not let in, due to whatever reasons...I am aware that some things can't be let in, but seems to me especially in this case that anything and everything about Travis is let in,and very little of the good, but we must be very careful to not prejudice the defendant in the same manner! Something is wrong with that picture!

I signed the Travis Alexander victims right at change.org...that made me feel like I can make a difference with that, even if I am only one person!

Interesting point you make. Public officials do not get to sue for slander or liable, so when you (expert witness in a trial) are getting paid from tax funds, should you be exempt?

Of course trying to sabotage her livelihood is wrong and must not be allowed. People posting on Amazon should be held accountable on an individual basis.

And, lastly, I do think the stress is affecting her health; it is affecting a lot of people's health here. So, as the saying goes, "If you can't take the heat, don't build the fire." :moo:

Wrote a response to the article then realize the mods don't want it to,discuss it which is ok- I don't want this discussion to get derailed to ALV. I hold strong with my exposure of her unwarranted contact of a family member in the courtroom. She of all people should have had a sensitivity about this. Bet she doesn't do it again. At least I hope not. My report was factual and something I have a very personal connection to.

Looking forward to getting a feel of how the jury is perceiving her today!

Wrote a response to the article then realize the mods don't want it to,discuss it which is ok- I don't want this discussion to get derailed to ALV. I hold strong with my exposure of her unwarranted contact of a family member in the courtroom. She of all people should have had a sensitivity about this. Bet she doesn't do it again. At least I hope not. My report was factual and something I have a very personal connection to.

I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing your observations about the jury and how they are responding to her testimony! I also hope we get to jury questions today. That will tell us a lot.

I burst into tears at home watching the trial on live stream when ALV stated that abused children grow up to become abusers. I was crying so hard my dh came over to the couch to hold me. I took it personally because I was abused when I was little--in almost every way a child can be abused and it's really hard to talk about it, even now and I'm almost 50 years old. Never have I abused anyone else in my life. That goes for adults, children, animals. I remember what it felt like and couldn't imagine inflicting that on anyone. Period. Shortly after leaving home (emancipated at 17), I helped a girlfriend escape her husband by sneaking her out of town and driving her to the airport. The husband was going to kill her and we both knew it. She never came back but was able to get a divorce. Never saw her again, but hear she's doing well. That's enough for me.

I managed to maintain a healthy 32 year relationship with my dh and we raised two beautiful children to adulthood. Daughter graduates college next year with honors. Son works with his dad. We're a very close-knit family because of love. For me, being raised in an abusive home was an experience I wanted to avoid at all costs in creating a home life for my children and husband. And I believe I've succeeded, despite what ALV says about people like us.

I can only imagine what Travis's brothers and sisters are going through, having to hear this clearly biased woman regurgitate on the stand. I don't know how they keep their composure as well as they do. I'd be sobbing loudly, just like yesterday on the couch. I see their tears and it just kills me. God bless them, Travis will get justice. I believe that with all my heart and it keeps me going.

Thank you so much, court watchers, for your time and sacrifice! You are all so wonderful! :tyou::tyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Reading your comments about the going-ons in the courtroom helps all of us with a clearer insight, and gives us hope in this battle for justice. Whenever one of our WSers is on Dr. Drew, I announce with pride: "There's my friends!" I don't know any of you personally, of course, but that isn't a requirement for friendship in my book![/QUOT

ALV knows this trial is being televised. Has she not stopped and realize how many people in TV land she might be hurting let alone the Travis family...Sorry but I am beginning to think her and Jodie are 2 peas in a pod:banghead:

I have a very good feeling about those questions. They will tell the tale, and I hope they will dispel all the nervous nellies because this will be the THIRD time they are indicating that they are not buying self defense. IMO

Jodi sustains an objection.

Hope this works. Haven't ever tried to link from You Tube.

http://youtu.be/gt8SepGoED8

Start at 37:00

It is after 39:00 but it is there. I hope the jury picks up on this. It shows that her demeanor may be frail and " Im so sad and small," but her real personality comes through as in control and bold. She is confident.

I have observed her smiling more and making more gestures recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro