a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly JA has over 500 followers on twitter. Give me a break!! That is unbelievable to me that any decent person would follow her on twitter. :furious:

I reported her as spam and blocked her. BTW, she is "following" Dr. Phil and his wife, also Geraldo... and of course, Dr. Wayne Dyer. She can't get enough of his happy warm fuzzies.

taken from upthread:

Originally Posted by Suzanna in Arizona [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9204041#post9204041"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
I think JA sees this trial as a social media event that she attends each day. You know? It gets her out of her little cell each day (you know - the cell that is smaller than Travis's closet?). She is not taking it very seriously at all, as most folks on trial for their life would take it. She probably looks forward each day to going to court and seeing all the "free" people, the ones who have a life, and can buy new clothes and dress up and go out to eat, etc. Pardon me for being so sarcastic and negative. She just irks me, and should not get away with all her shenanigans!

Quote: Pasa
Me too. I've been saying all along she enjoys the trial. Spotlight is on her, she gets to wear street clothes, sits at the table and colors/scribbles/journals. Gets to pretend she's an attorney and tell her defense team what to do. The list goes on. :loser:

She had better enjoy her little ride to the courthouse every day. Soon she will be stuck in her (smaller than Travis' closet) cell, wearing only prison garb, seeing only the same ol' guards as the shifts change. Their training will require she be treated as the incarcerated murderer she is. There will be no chance to snow them with her Einstien intellect or sexual favors. She will grow old, all alone. And I hope she comes to realize that all the media was never about her, it's about Travis Alexander. Yes, people know her name, but it is only because we have never known such a sneaky, vile, shamless, she-devil. When the trial is done, she may be remembered, but only in a negative way.... The world will go on, perhaps a little less for having lost a fine young man, but nobody will miss his killer.

ALV knows this trial is being televised. Has she not stopped and realize how many people in TV land she might be hurting let alone the Travis family...Sorry but I am beginning to think her and Jodie are 2 peas in a pod. snipped. Great post, TaRazza. I also know how hard it is to break the cycle of abuse so your children never have to feel or know child abuse or stinking thinking...sometimes it is breaking generations of abuse. Hearing AL does bring up self-doubt and the emotional pain, and I'm 52! To all the survivors that have and will break the cycle, to those are trying...it can be done. To the Alexander siblings, you now have choices and no one can take away your power...not even a so called "expert".
Didn't ALV say that 3000 hours were needed for a license but one's own hours in counseling could be used towards that 3000 needed? Told me much.

“Let us be the ones who say we do not accept that a child dies every three seconds simply because he does not have the drugs you and I have. Let us be the ones to say we are not satisfied that your place of birth determines your right for life. Let us be outraged, let us be loud, let us be bold.”
― Brad Pitt
Stop the cycle of Abuse.

I believe each witness should be treated with at least a baseline of respect. Their words in the courtroom in this trial as a witness don't apply to anyone else. I know it feels very personal but it isn't. We are spectators. They are testifying. Their words are challenged by the opposing side, their theories are challenged by the opposing side, and the judge determines what questions and what responses will stand, regardless of how anyone else feels about it. This is the process and how the system works, love it or hate it. Ultimately a group of 12 citizens will determine whether a witness and/or their testimony is credible or not, and to what extent. They are the only ones who matter.

Liking a witness is not part of the equation. A witness can lie and be caught in lies (we've seen that in many trials). It's up to the judge and jury. In the end a witness who is testifying for $$$ or fame or some other reason is generally figured out by people with common sense. And the only thing that should matter is the testimony given on the stand and the legal rulings.

Members, please read this article from USA Today and you will realize why we've had to be so strict on the name calling and disparaging remarks of the defense team's witnesses.

Could it be construed as witness intimidation? Regardless of the argument for or against free speech, Websleuths will not be responsible for giving the appearance of any organized effort to intimidate or tamper with any witness during any trial.

We ask that you please post responsibly.

Sue and Tricia,
Thanks. I read it and will post responsibly. I feel our rights to free press and free speech are being violated because the criticism is warranted. I was abused as a child, and grew up to be a mom of four and great grandmother of 11. I have never abused anyone in my life so when any expert says abuse always leads to abuse I become angry. They simply do not know what they are talking about. Yet they have the right in our free society to get rich giving testimony on a subject they know little about. I am not naming names. But I feel violated all over agin.

Wrote a response to the article then realize the mods don't want it to,discuss it which is ok- I don't want this discussion to get derailed to ALV. I hold strong with my exposure of her unwarranted contact of a family member in the courtroom. She of all people should have had a sensitivity about this. Bet she doesn't do it again. At least I hope not. My report was factual and something I have a very personal connection to.

Looking forward to getting a feel of how the jury is perceiving her today!

What you did was truthful and right.

I was always told to speak the truth the first time and then no matter how often you are asked, it will come out the same way EVERY time. KCL, you did that and I thank you.

I hope this on topic and/or of interest to those in and out of the courtroom today...

I counted the amount of Objections by both JW this am/early pm and by JM on re-direct. I also tallied up whether the judge over-ruled or sustained. NOTE: If they were asked to approach I based this ruling on the question immediately following the aproach, ie: if it was the same I would count it as an over-ruled.

JW: 37 objections. 30 were over-ruled, 7 were sustained.

JM: 43 objections. 18 were over-ruled, 25 were sustained.

JW was batting .189 today, while JM was batting .581

Baseball fan or not, I think we can all agree on who the all-star on the field was today.

This is awesome. As the daughter of lifelong Dodgers fan and a girl screaming Justice For Travis all over twitter, I would just like to say....THINK BLUE ;)

Hope we get to jury questions and move on from this witness today. I think her bias is glaring and the jury ain't buying what she's $elling. Thank you KCL, PASA and everyone else for all the great info.

Members, please read this article from USA Today and you will realize why we've had to be so strict on the name calling and disparaging remarks of the defense team's witnesses.

Could it be construed as witness intimidation? Regardless of the argument for or against free speech, Websleuths will not be responsible for giving the appearance of any organized effort to intimidate or tamper with any witness during any trial.

We ask that you please post responsibly.

Sue and Tricia,
Thanks. I read it and will post responsibly. I feel our rights to free press and free speech are being violated because the criticism is warranted. I was abused as a child, and grew up to be a mom of four and great grandmother of 11. I have never abused anyone in my life so when any expert says abuse always leads to abuse I become angry. They simply do not know what they are talking about. Yet they have the right in our free society to get rich giving testimony on a subject they know little about. I am not naming names. But I feel violated all over agin.

However this is not a freedom of speech application here. WE post at the privilege of the forum owners and are subject to their rules.

Freedom of speech applies to your right to make your own site and talk about whatever you want, But when you join a forum you are subject to their rules.
This place is a place where they are letting us discuss cases and get insight but we have to stay within the parameters of the rules.

I think it goes to debate rules. Debate the information not the debaters.

FYI, on HLN...a lawyer that has gone up against Juan in 2009. Mel somebody. Sorry.

I am excited about the Jury questions. I think they are the best part of this back and forth. They show us exactly what the jury is accepting and not. That is what matters after all.

However this is not a freedom of speech application here. WE post at the privilege of the forum owners and are subject to their rules.

Freedom of speech applies to your right to make your own site and talk about whatever you want, But when you join a forum you are subject to their rules.
This place is a place where they are letting us discuss cases and get insight but we have to stay within the parameters of the rules.

I think it goes to debate rules. Debate the information not the debaters.

Scarlett,
You missed my point. My issue of free speech comes if I am publicly speaking. I am not attempting to violate the rules set forth by Websleuths. I respect their rules because they also have the right to set up their forum as they see fit. I am debating the information put forth by the defense expert that those who are abused grow up to abuse others. The expert was wrong and cruel to say that. I stand by what I said.

Scarlett,
You missed my point. My issue of free speech comes if I am publicly speaking. I am not attempting to violate the rules set forth by Websleuths. I respect their rules because they also have the right to set up their forum as they see fit. I am debating the information put forth by the defense expert that those who are abused grow up to abuse others. The expert was wrong and cruel to say that. I stand by what I said.

Ahh my bad.. I am sorry. I just read a bunch of posts of people talking about what they can and can not post, and I was reading with that in mind.

Sorry friend!

I didn't notice the jury. I was fighting back my own tears when she talked about abused kids grow up to be abusers and then trashing the family. I was insulted and hurt by that testimony today.

I talked to several others who had a similar reaction to mine.

I was so offended that JW started this line of questioning/insults...

But even more... I was so hurting for the Alexander family....

This is such a low path to take on the part of the defense team...

No matter how strong an attorney must fight for the defendant... There must be personal/professional ethics that would prevent a Defense Attorney from bashing persons having absolutely no protection...

:(

I was abused when I was little--in almost every way a child can be abused and . . .Never have I abused anyone else in my life.

What a wonderful post! :party:

I wasn't abused, but went through a lot of prejudice and other horrors as a child. As a result I, like you, would NEVER treat another human being with anything less than respect.

If I were on the jury I would get to the point with all of these marathon witnesses of zoning out after a time -- not that I want to, but the rehashing on the same minutiae becomes mind numbing. Each new witness I greet with interest, only to become more and more bored as the DT asks the same questions repeatedly as if each listener were a bit dim and needed 5000 iterations to understand one simple thing!

JM did an amazing job yesterday. Where was Travis shot? In the CLOSET? Really???

This jury seems smart (based on questions submitted) -- but I have great sympathy for them. Great Americans all just for doing their best to stay awake and alert!

I'm here sitting next to jake- attorneys in chambers - JA sitting there by herself

Ahh my bad.. I am sorry. I just read a bunch of posts of people talking about what they can and can not post, and I was reading with that in mind.

Sorry friend!

No need to apologize. I am very emotional today after the "expert" testified the way she did yesterday. Please forgive me if I got testy. if Travis' family can sit there day in, day out, and take all that abuse, then I shouldn't let anyone like her bother me in my own living room. I feel so sorry for the family. I pray they get some justice soon and some day, some kind of peace. Thank you for the kind words.

No need to apologize. I am very emotional today after the "expert" testified the way she did yesterday. Please forgive me if I got testy. if Travis' family can sit there day in, day out, and take all that abuse, then I shouldn't let anyone like her bother me in my own living room. I feel so sorry for the family. I pray they get some justice soon and some day, some kind of peace. Thank you for the kind words.

You know it is ok to feel that way. What Jodi did not only affected 2 families she affected the world with this. I think allot of people are very passionate about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme