a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fairly new member, there is no way that I can keep up with the more experienced sleuthers on the trial thread. Maybe a "slow-lane" thread for us noobs would help?

Just walk alongside at your own speed and then jump in the stream when you're ready. You'll do just fine!

Did any court attendees here notice how much Jodi was watching the jury during Alyce's answers to the jurors' questions? She really gave the jury some stares, especially during the question of how did Alyce know if Jodi was telling her the truth!!

Donovon on NG talking live about tweets. Will take calls from audience after break now. Rofl

And the DA is making complaints?

ROLF

We've been saying for a while that Dono is spying and communicating about outside events, etc...

Chris H and Sky were told that they can no longer watch/attend trial. Maybe it's time for the judge to do the same with this ex-convict?

moo

It is after 39:00 but it is there. I hope the jury picks up on this. It shows that her demeanor may be frail and " Im so sad and small," but her real personality comes through as in control and bold. She is confident.

I have observed her smiling more and making more gestures recently.

BBM

I have a theory that she's been sedated to varying degrees for a while (I think most heavily last week and early this week) but that she's no longer taking meds and is back to her usual self. Maybe that's why she has the shock belt on now instead of the anklet?

Did any court attendees here notice how much Jodi was watching the jury during Alyce's answers to the jurors' questions? She really gave the jury some stares, especially during the question of how did Alyce know if Jodi was telling her the truth!!

I saw her. Both she and Willmott were ecstatic in the beginning when the questions were submitted as she was under direct.

The tone sure changed later and Arias didn't seem to like it.

Dear Watchers,
has any testimony been given that based on the abuse Travis SUFFERED as a child, he could have been more likely to put up with abuse FROM JA (mental and physical) for a longer period of time??? Couldn't that explain why he kept giving her another chance?
It makes me sick that the abuse he suffered as a child is now being used against him. He IS the victim.
No, there's been no testimony to that, at least not that I know of, I admit LaViolette was muted a bit. I think there's a lot of debate about it really too - for me, his childhood wouldn't necessarily indicate he'd be any more likely than anyone else to become an abuse victim or tolerate it for a longer period of time.

The compassionate and trusting nature he was known to have though is another matter entirely. I can easily see Jodi manipulating that side of him to keep him in the relationship - threatening suicide or self-harm, recalling (or exaggerating) her own abuse and how everyone's always let her down. Psychopaths often paint themselves as perpetual victims to incur compassion and empathy from others.

Psychological abuse specifically - and especially when the abuser is also a psychopath - can be very covert and extremely difficult to identify. It's not unheard of for victims of it to stay in relationships for years, and sometimes even decades. By the time the abuse escalates to more overt methods, the victim is often so depressed and debilitated by the abuse, they have a very difficult time extricating themselves from the relationship. On average, a woman will return to her abuser 7 times before leaving the relationship permanently. There are no reliable similar statistics for male abuse victims. My side of the pond, men are believed to make up 40% of domestic violence victims. Nearly 5,000 women are prosecuted annually for intimate partner violence accounting for 150% increase in the last few years alone.

Travis showed an amazing level of insight and wisdom recognizing an abuser and their methods. Which, for me, makes it even more heartbreaking he didn't survive leaving the relationship. :(

:what: How can they be stopped from watching the trial?

If someone is under subpoena to possibly testify in the trial, they cannot watch it. I believe it's a defense subpoena because they think his friends were giving information to the prosecution.

If someone is under subpoena to possibly testify in the trial, they cannot watch it. I believe it's a defense subpoena because they think his friends were giving information to the prosecution.

Thanks, I didn't know they still have to testify. This too shall backfire. :great:

Thanks, I didn't know they still have to testify. This too shall backfire. :great:

I don't believe they are going to bring them in to testify at all...in my mind it was a defense tactic. KCL or someone else may be able to shed a little more light on the reasoning.

A subpoena doesn't mean Sky or Chris Hughes will be called by the defense. It just preserves the defense's right to call them (assuming it was the defense who issued the subpoena). As such, any witness who has not yet testified cannot be present in the courtroom or watch any of the proceedings. It's a move to keep them from watching or helping the state as much as it is anything else. These maneuvers are done all the time in criminal cases.

I would watch anyway. And read this board. I dont take ORDERS from tyrants and di:seeya:ctators.

Chijojo, I have a problem with PM. Dont know why. I have to wait for my daugjter to check it for me.

I would watch anyway. And read this board. I dont take ORDERS from tyrants and di:seeya:ctators.

You'd defy a superior court judge's orders and do what you were told not to do? (a subpoena is a legal order to appear and a legal order to not watch proceedings) That would be contempt of court and could land you in jail for refusing to follow a judge's orders. :O

Wrote a response to the article then realize the mods don't want it to,discuss it which is ok- I don't want this discussion to get derailed to ALV. I hold strong with my exposure of her unwarranted contact of a family member in the courtroom. She of all people should have had a sensitivity about this. Bet she doesn't do it again. At least I hope not. My report was factual and something I have a very personal connection to.

Looking forward to getting a feel of how the jury is perceiving her today!

Sometimes people have to take responsibility for their bad behavior. She doesn't want to, it's obvious to me. That's all I'll say about it so we don't get into trouble.

You were right in bringing to light the wrong doing in the courtroom. It's a fact, it happened. I don't consider it an attack, just telling what happened.

Anyone else notice Juror No. 5 on HLN After Dark again tonite as a "juror"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman