a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank Alyce for helping this jury have a vision of the truth of Travis Alexander's life.

I wonder how many jurors held back tears as they heard of a 6 year old who had been repeatedly beaten by his mother and father. Who remembered living under a car part in a yard. Who remembered a mother sleeping off drug induced stupors. Who remembered searching for food and having to eat moldy bread. Who endured the laughter of going to school covered in filthy clothes.....

As you, Alyce, recited this from Travis's own writings, I wonder how many jurors glanced over at his siblings realising that those sitting there also went through this childhood experience and the ages they might have been at the time. You know, Alyce, I did not see a tear in your eye as you recited this horrific story. Nor did I hear a break in your tone of voice.

Also, thank you, Alyce for giving the juror's and the world a chance to see the real Travis. When asked about emails you did mention the ones from two women who recited to Travis REAL domestic violence in their marriages. And what was that you said Travis told them, Alyce? Did I hear you say that Travis told them "THAT IS NOT RIGHT". You said Travis knew his scriptures well and was a mentor in PPL and the Church. And he advised these women from his spiritual side vs his sexual side, right Alyce?

As you sat on the throne of a court room witness chair you were so quick to judge so many things. Yet you refused to see that you did not have the experience to judge Travis. You, who have no idea how couples speak to each other in today's world vs the world of the 60's and 70's chose to sit in that seat. You spoke of rant's and degradement yet you have no idea in this day and age how couples speak to each other in private do you? You have no idea about words used to banter back and forth via texting do you Alyce? You have no idea what words or tone used in written words mean when used in a sexual content, or used between two people, do you?

No, Alyce, you do not know. But, the majority of us and the juror's who represent us do.

You, Alyce,you chose to tell us about what a wonderful motivational speaker Travis was. I suggest you read some of those speeches and learn from this young man exactly why the world has chosen to regard you in a very negative way. It is 90% from your word and only 10% from your body language.

JMO

I'm sobbing. wow. What a wonderful post.

It was a "from my heart" post and own it girl you deserve God's blessings. From my heart to your's and the Alexanders.
:rocker:

It takes a lot to make me cry but your words with touched a place deep inside me. God bless and keep the Alexander family.

I nominate this post of today, post of the week, and post of the month.

WagaraTapaTalk
Or Year.

Maybe even Post of the Trial.

Most definitely POST of the TRIAL! :great:

~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer! This post is 100% driven by me and me alone and has nothing to do with Websleuths or anyone else. It is 100% my project cooked up in my little heart~~~~~

I am making it a goal today to PAY IT FORWARD and accumulate $5K in the Alexander family paypal account by day's end. Can you imagine how it would feel to them to see that balance accumulating all throughout the day and that volume of love and support avalanching them? And it also very practical as this family needs financial support desperately right now to keep attending the trial and the BASICS.

My goal is for 500 of us to each paypal $10 to their paypal account and at day's end they will have received $5K (or more). Can you imagine? It's already getting retweeted all over the twittersphere.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

And as an added bonus, if you participate and send me a PM indicating this (honor system) I will randomly pick a WS poster to get a GREAT prize from me to you that's related to this trial and that you can't obtain anywhere else. I will give you one of my blue ribbons that I've worn in the courtroom gifted to me from the family. I will choose it at random with some kind of numbers system I will work up later.

Please consider taking a moment of your day and paypal $10 to this family and please share in other forums you may be participating in as well.

I've been wanting to do this for weeks and today is the DAY. Let's combat the negativity we've witnessed in the last week with an avalanche of LOVE and SUPPORT!

Please join me!!! I just made my donation! :grouphug:

Doing now.

I want to thank Alyce for helping this jury have a vision of the truth of Travis Alexander's life.

I wonder how many jurors held back tears as they heard of a 6 year old who had been repeatedly beaten by his mother and father. Who remembered living under a car part in a yard. Who remembered a mother sleeping off drug induced stupors. Who remembered searching for food and having to eat moldy bread. Who endured the laughter of going to school covered in filthy clothes.....

As you, Alyce, recited this from Travis's own writings, I wonder how many jurors glanced over at his siblings realising that those sitting there also went through this childhood experience and the ages they might have been at the time. You know, Alyce, I did not see a tear in your eye as you recited this horrific story. Nor did I hear a break in your tone of voice.

Also, thank you, Alyce for giving the juror's and the world a chance to see the real Travis. When asked about emails you did mention the ones from two women who recited to Travis REAL domestic violence in their marriages. And what was that you said Travis told them, Alyce? Did I hear you say that Travis told them "THAT IS NOT RIGHT". You said Travis knew his scriptures well and was a mentor in PPL and the Church. And he advised these women from his spiritual side vs his sexual side, right Alyce?

As you sat on the throne of a court room witness chair you were so quick to judge so many things. Yet you refused to see that you did not have the experience to judge Travis. You, who have no idea how couples speak to each other in today's world vs the world of the 60's and 70's chose to sit in that seat. You spoke of rant's and degradement yet you have no idea in this day and age how couples speak to each other in private do you? You have no idea about words used to banter back and forth via texting do you Alyce? You have no idea what words or tone used in written words mean when used in a sexual content, or used between two people, do you?

No, Alyce, you do not know. But, the majority of us and the juror's who represent us do.

You, Alyce,you chose to tell us about what a wonderful motivational speaker Travis was. I suggest you read some of those speeches and learn from this young man exactly why the world has chosen to regard you in a very negative way. It is 90% from your word and only 10% from your body language.

JMO
I can barely see through my tears, but I wanted to thank you.

In time, I may find a bit of forgivness for this woman.

Sorry for not just using the thank you button, but I don't post much and felt that this deserved more than just hitting the button.

Regarding the BBM - That is how I felt about her, too. The very person who should have know better.

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:​

KCL - I don't know if it's the website or my computer, but I'm not sure if the PMs are going through - trying to donate, so if you can please post link, or PM me if you can't post link here - thanks so much!

Good Morning!! I went back and watched the exchange on Friday with Judge Sherry and ALV. JS advises ALV, "My concern is that we are going to have a discussion on the record Monday, which we will need you here/testify." She tried very hard not to announce the details or be very specific, however I observed A few things from this exchange...

1. ALV, JW and NURMI Looked nervous and surprised when JS asked ALV to stay sitting after jury exit (camera pans over to JW who looks anxious biting her lip) as well as ALV looking surprised she had to return

2. JS, the sternest I have ever observed her, advises an issue came up, and she believes ALV is aware of the issue, advises both prosecution and defense will look into issue and be ready to proceed by Tuesday or sooner

3.JS, when advises of "issue " tries hard not elude as to who raised it, felt like she was trying not to say state raised it, as well ad advising her that Tuesday she will have been "prepared " was another attempt at saying ALV might need council herself.

Just my observations and opinion..could mean nothing..but watch end of day on youtube...I just have a sneaking suspicion ... Grace Wong asked to testify at 11:00 per JS, So think this has nothing to do with mistrial motion...but court starting at 9:30...seeing ad JS said Convo Monday "ON RECORD " guess we will find out Monday when court resumes....
All very good points... It does sound pretty serious, doesn't it?

Maybe when J'S advised ALV to come prepared... She meant to encourage ALV to have her glasses on the stand with her... :giggle:

Katie!

Newbie here and I did not save the paypal link.....could you post, please? :seeya:

~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer! This post is 100% driven by me and me alone and has nothing to do with Websleuths or anyone else. It is 100% my project cooked up in my little heart~~~~~

I am making it a goal today to PAY IT FORWARD and accumulate $5K in the Alexander family paypal account by day's end. Can you imagine how it would feel to them to see that balance accumulating all throughout the day and that volume of love and support avalanching them? And it also very practical as this family needs financial support desperately right now to keep attending the trial and the BASICS.

My goal is for 500 of us to each paypal $10 to their paypal account and at day's end they will have received $5K (or more). Can you imagine? It's already getting retweeted all over the twittersphere.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

And as an added bonus, if you participate and send me a PM indicating this (honor system) I will randomly pick a WS poster to get a GREAT prize from me to you that's related to this trial and that you can't obtain anywhere else. I will give you one of my blue ribbons that I've worn in the courtroom gifted to me from the family. I will choose it at random with some kind of numbers system I will work up later.

Please consider taking a moment of your day and paypal $10 to this family and please share in other forums you may be participating in as well.

I've been wanting to do this for weeks and today is the DAY. Let's combat the negativity we've witnessed in the last week with an avalanche of LOVE and SUPPORT!

Donation sent

Can I have a paypal link please!

Never mind I found it! Done! Wonderful idea! justice4travisalexander@gmail.com

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I lost my mother 11 years ago. I feel your pain chijojo. It does get easier in time. I went for a long time that I cried daily. Now it only happens at moments that I wish I had her near, like when my children graduated first high school then college. I am particularly feeling the loss now because my daughter is getting married in June. She and my mother had a special bond. I see my mother in my daughter in so many ways and my daughter is feeling the loss now. I know that on the wedding day, some of my tears will be for Mom, but I know she would be so proud of the woman my daughter has become and would be pleased with her choice of a husband. It well be hard for my father as well, but he is performing the wedding, so will be kept busy.

Maybe all of us motherless children can just be mothers to each other.

I'm crying reading this post. I am currently losing my mother. She is on heavy morphine and in a coma :(

Can I have a paypal link please!

Never mind I found it! Done! Wonderful idea! justice4travisalexander@gmail.com

Reminder: if you want to be in the running for the "prize" which is one of my blue ribbons worn in court given to me by the Alexanders please send me a pm which is where I'm keeping track.

You can wear your own blue ribbon while watching the trial at home.

Do not want any prize and do not add me either but you really moved me to donate and I have asked my family and friends to do the same:))) Thanks for asking and sharing:))

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I have a question: Le'ts say an expert witness is impeached and they have accumulated ongoing charges of say $75,000 to date, do they have to return that money and forfeit money received for testifying?

Here's the transcription:

ALV: Your honor?

JS: Sit right there.

(JA whispers into JW's ear)

JS: The record will show the jury has left the courtroom. Please be seated.

JS: Ms. LaViolette, we will need you to return on Tuesday to complete your testimony unless I release you from your subpoena prior to that time. There is another issue that the, uhhh...I think you are aware of the additional issue, so we will need you to be back here on Tuesday, and with regard to the time, I know that you have an, some other issues, but this is a priority, so because you cannot be here on Monday, you need to be here on Tuesday. It's either Monday or Tuesday, I'll allow you to decide which you prefer, which date you prefer to come back.

ALV: (inaudible) I'm having tests on Tuesday (inaudible) and I may have follow-up tests that I…

JA: Objection.

JS: Ms. LaViolette, don't tell me about your personal issues. Here's my concern: my concern is that we will have a conversation on the record, on Monday, after everyone has had an opportunity to follow up on the issues discussed, and at that time I will hear anything else we will have...you will have made, uhhh, preparations and we can talk about it at that time. All right? But plan to be back here on Tuesday. As of right now, you are still under subpoena.

JM: (asks to approach).

(Counsel approaches)

JS: Ok, Monday at 11 o'clock - Ms. Wong, you are in the back of the courtroom, is that correct?

GW: Yes I am your honor.

JS: Will you be here to testify?

GW: Well, you ordered me to, so...

JS: Okay, I guess then I will order you to be here at 11 o’clock to testify. I understand that you have an attorney; if there are any issues, he can raise them. Okay, we will be here starting at 9:30 a.m. on Monday. All right?

GW: (smiling) Yes.

JS: Nothing else, counsel? All right, have a nice weekend.

I am soooo laughing....

Am I reading this right....?

JA, at one time, makes an Objection...

And GW (Gypsy Woman) smilingly says "Yes" when the Judge asks if the court will be there at 9:30 a.m. On Monday...

Well... I did not hear if the Judge sustained or overruled Jodi's Objection...

But I imagine the Judge is very thankful that GW will be in court at the appointed time on Monday!

Oh My Gosh!!! Hysterical! :silly:

Do not want any prize and do not add me either but you really moved me to donate and I have asked my family and friends to do the same:))) Thanks for asking and sharing:))

Thank you so much! Just heard from Samantha and she's really touched. I don't in any way have anything to do with their paypal account but will just see tomorrow in court if we met our goal. :great:

500 $trong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member