a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a "from my heart" post and own it girl you deserve God's blessings. From my heart to your's and the Alexanders.

I still have tears streaming down my face from this amazing post. I love you so much for writing it. I'm printing it out and putting it in a card for them this week (with credit to you and if you'd like me to sign your actual name, I would love to do that). I did tweet it. I can't thank you enough for this. It opened my heart in a whole new way this morning. :heart: :hug:

PS I'm not super familiar with twitter but it's been retweeted multiple times now and comments like this rolling in:

Wowsie! This post SHOULD be broadcasted it speaks for how I feel!

:cheers:
I want to thank Alyce for helping this jury have a vision of the truth of Travis Alexander's life.

I wonder how many jurors held back tears as they heard of a 6 year old who had been repeatedly beaten by his mother and father. Who remembered living under a car part in a yard. Who remembered a mother sleeping off drug induced stupors. Who remembered searching for food and having to eat moldy bread. Who endured the laughter of going to school covered in filthy clothes.....

As you, Alyce, recited this from Travis's own writings, I wonder how many jurors glanced over at his siblings realising that those sitting there also went through this childhood experience and the ages they might have been at the time. You know, Alyce, I did not see a tear in your eye as you recited this horrific story. Nor did I hear a break in your tone of voice.

Also, thank you, Alyce for giving the juror's and the world a chance to see the real Travis. When asked about emails you did mention the ones from two women who recited to Travis REAL domestic violence in their marriages. And what was that you said Travis told them, Alyce? Did I hear you say that Travis told them "THAT IS NOT RIGHT". You said Travis knew his scriptures well and was a mentor in PPL and the Church. And he advised these women from his spiritual side vs his sexual side, right Alyce?

As you sat on the throne of a court room witness chair you were so quick to judge so many things. Yet you refused to see that you did not have the experience to judge Travis. You, who have no idea how couples speak to each other in today's world vs the world of the 60's and 70's chose to sit in that seat. You spoke of rant's and degradement yet you have no idea in this day and age how couples speak to each other in private do you? You have no idea about words used to banter back and forth via texting do you Alyce? You have no idea what words or tone used in written words mean when used in a sexual content, or used between two people, do you?

No, Alyce, you do not know. But, the majority of us and the juror's who represent us do.

You, Alyce,you chose to tell us about what a wonderful motivational speaker Travis was. I suggest you read some of those speeches and learn from this young man exactly why the world has chosen to regard you in a very negative way. It is 90% from your word and only 10% from your body language.

JMO

This....put a lump in my throat and made me cry...thank you for this post...spot on !

I want to thank Alyce for helping this jury have a vision of the truth of Travis Alexander's life.

I wonder how many jurors held back tears as they heard of a 6 year old who had been repeatedly beaten by his mother and father. Who remembered living under a car part in a yard. Who remembered a mother sleeping off drug induced stupors. Who remembered searching for food and having to eat moldy bread. Who endured the laughter of going to school covered in filthy clothes.....

As you, Alyce, recited this from Travis's own writings, I wonder how many jurors glanced over at his siblings realising that those sitting there also went through this childhood experience and the ages they might have been at the time. You know, Alyce, I did not see a tear in your eye as you recited this horrific story. Nor did I hear a break in your tone of voice.

Also, thank you, Alyce for giving the juror's and the world a chance to see the real Travis. When asked about emails you did mention the ones from two women who recited to Travis REAL domestic violence in their marriages. And what was that you said Travis told them, Alyce? Did I hear you say that Travis told them "THAT IS NOT RIGHT". You said Travis knew his scriptures well and was a mentor in PPL and the Church. And he advised these women from his spiritual side vs his sexual side, right Alyce?

As you sat on the throne of a court room witness chair you were so quick to judge so many things. Yet you refused to see that you did not have the experience to judge Travis. You, who have no idea how couples speak to each other in today's world vs the world of the 60's and 70's chose to sit in that seat. You spoke of rant's and degradement yet you have no idea in this day and age how couples speak to each other in private do you? You have no idea about words used to banter back and forth via texting do you Alyce? You have no idea what words or tone used in written words mean when used in a sexual content, or used between two people, do you?

No, Alyce, you do not know. But, the majority of us and the juror's who represent us do.

You, Alyce,you chose to tell us about what a wonderful motivational speaker Travis was. I suggest you read some of those speeches and learn from this young man exactly why the world has chosen to regard you in a very negative way. It is 90% from your word and only 10% from your body language.

JMO
Shame on the lot of them that have slandered a victim of one of the most gruesome crimes I've ever read about...

This broke my heart....

Docket for the next two weeks

4/15/2013 11:00 Trial
4/16/2013 9:30 Trial
4/17/2013 9:30 Trial
4/18/2013 9:30 Trial
4/23/2013 9:30 Trial
4/24/2013 9:30 Trial
4/25/2013 9:30 Trial

The 22nd is out because a juror has other commitments. Nothing for the 26th yet even though they were going to hold court

Thank you for this!

I still have tears streaming down my face from this amazing post. I love you so much for writing it. I'm printing it out and putting it in a card for them this week (with credit to you and if you'd like me to sign your actual name, I would love to do that). I did tweet it. I can't thank you enough for this. It opened my heart in a whole new way this morning. :heart: :hug:

PS I'm not super familiar with twitter but it's been retweeted multiple times now and comments like this rolling in:

Wowsie! This post SHOULD be broadcasted it speaks for how I feel!

KCL can I have your Twitter name I would love to follow you Thanks.:)
At the most hurtful times to the Family I see JA put her chin up and I told u so look in her eyes. It just makes my blood boil.

Remember Jodi introduced her aunt in court when when she was on the stand.

Speaking of the aunt, when was the last time she was in the galley? Did something happen or did she run out of vacation time?

JMO

respectfully snipped....
EXACTLY she is totally out of touch with today's world and in NO way should be considered an EXPERT on the subject of couple's conversations in today's world....is it respectful NO! is it the way we should talk to each other NO! but I do it...I'll admit it:/
...it's not 1970, it's not the world of dial phone or even pay phones for that matter...this world is all about instant communication... I get quicker info about this trial from twitter than from HLN;).... SO to my twitter peeps who keep me informed ....I laugh as I type this thinking ALV has no idea what that means....lol.... thx for a great post ProtectOurKids!!

JMO
It takes a lot to make me cry but your words with touched a place deep inside me. God bless and keep the Alexander family.

I nominate this post of today, post of the week, and post of the month.

WagaraTapaTalk

Ok, Hubby was watching this and he is adamant he see's her slip something out of the notebook into that left hand between her first and second fingers that she then cups in her palm and then slides below the camera line of view, possibly rolling it tighter at that point and then appears to fiddle with the back of the chair and possibly slip paper or note into a hole or under the arm itself from a missing screw. She does this at the end of the hearing and this is all done while watching carefully what is transpiring around her...

I just posted the following in the weekend thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too, because I'm wondering if any of our court watchers saw this or if they know who should be contacted about it. I suspect the camera person may have contacted someone, since the camera stayed on JA for this part, but you never know. Whatever she did, she wasn't supposed to be doing it:

Around 32:45 into part 3 of the JA trial day 46 put on youtube croakerqueen123's channel today, JA is CLEARLY up to something clandestine having to do with JW's chair. No. Question. About. It. Here is a slo-mo, then normal speed video of it.

Jodi Diddles JW's Chair

• First she kicks JW's chair away/into position.

• Then she twirls the seat of JW's chair into a different position.

• Then she slowly pulls JW's chair alongside her own, using her foot.

• She waits a little bit, looks covertly out the side of her eyes to see if anyone is glancing at her.

• She picks up a notebook and grasps it near the middle with her left hand, then slides the thumb across the bottom of the page.

• She puts her hand down on the arm of her own chair and makes a couple of picking motions.

• She quickly moves her hand to JW's chair at the back of the armrest.

• She works the end of the armrest along the back and bottom of it. It looks like she's screwing or unscrewing something and/or picking/poking at something.

• She jerks her head up and looks at the bench conference, pretending to be interested in what they are doing, but continues to diddle the back and bottom of the armrest on JW's chair.

• She quickly pulls her hand back to in front of her, picks up a stubby pencil and starts to write or pretend to write as the conference breaks up and the lawyers head back toward their respective tables.

I never actually saw anything IN her hands other than the notebook and the pencil, but she did something she shouldn't have been doing (I think she hides something). Does D have access to those chairs after the court clears out or before court convenes?

It takes a lot to make me cry but your words with touched a place deep inside me. God bless and keep the Alexander family.

WagaraTapaTalk

Travis' story reminds me so much of a family that my sister told me about where she worked for public library and 7 kids would come in for the whole day. From the kids seen trying to break into a can of food with a rock in the yard to the library ladies throwing out DVD cases from the cockroach eggs. Very sad. In this case, Gma had custody of daughter's kids but was so overwhelmed and in poor health. Churches and community trying to help out, mother and fathers off on drugs.
Travis' story was haunting and should be required reading to all drug offenders, maybe they would think what they are doing to their kids. Jodi and Alyce do not have a clue who they abused themselves by trashing Travis. jmho

I saw that on HLN :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Judge could care less about AJV's problems; Judge is so through with her. I smell a lot of trouble for ALV.

To me ALV has entitlement issues: Approaching and talking to Sami, being cocky and smart *advertiser censored* with JM. This woman has no respect for the court!! :furious:

ALV looks confused and frighten.

I take it by the way ALV refused to follow the rules that ALV thought JSS was not very assertive as a judge (and a woman) so she did not take the Judge seriously when she was previously admonished and warned. I guess she was wrong about the judge. :floorlaugh:

Travis' story reminds me so much of a family that my sister told me about where she worked for public library and 7 kids would come in for the whole day. From the kids seen trying to break into a can of food with a rock in the yard to the library ladies throwing out DVD cases from the cockroach eggs. Very sad. In this case, Gma had custody of daughter's kids but was so overwhelmed and in poor health. Churches and community trying to help out, mother and fathers off on drugs.
Travis' story was haunting and should be required reading to all drug offenders, maybe they would think what they are doing to their kids. Jodi and Alyce do not have a clue who they abused themselves by trashing Travis. jmho

BBM/underlined: And if they do not want to give up the drugs, just do not have children.

WagaraTapaTalk

Maybe even Post of the Trial.

How amazing ALV sees no relation to stalking toward TA from JA but is quite upset about negative opinions re: herself from the public so much more serious. Is she considering THAT stalking. ALV has not taken action which is the proof as far as ALV is concerned to stalking. The good person TA was gave the benefit of the doubt and also hoping JA's distance would keep him safe from her.
I cannot take any opinion from ALV serious it is too contradictory. ALV is as bias as they come. Is it because of her own thinking? Is it the advice of the defense? What causes an expert to be so unreliable ?

~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer! This post is 100% driven by me and me alone and has nothing to do with Websleuths or anyone else. It is 100% my project cooked up in my little heart~~~~~

I am making it a goal today to PAY IT FORWARD and accumulate $5K in the Alexander family paypal account by day's end. Can you imagine how it would feel to them to see that balance accumulating all throughout the day and that volume of love and support avalanching them? And it also very practical as this family needs financial support desperately right now to keep attending the trial and the BASICS.

My goal is for 500 of us to each paypal $10 to their paypal account and at day's end they will have received $5K (or more). Can you imagine? It's already getting retweeted all over the twittersphere.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

And as an added bonus, if you participate and send me a PM indicating this (honor system) I will randomly pick a WS poster to get a GREAT prize from me to you that's related to this trial and that you can't obtain anywhere else. I will give you one of my blue ribbons that I've worn in the courtroom gifted to me from the family. I will choose it at random with some kind of numbers system I will work up later.

Please consider taking a moment of your day and paypal $10 to this family and please share in other forums you may be participating in as well.

I've been wanting to do this for weeks and today is the DAY. Let's combat the negativity we've witnessed in the last week with an avalanche of LOVE and SUPPORT!

Please join me!!! I just made my donation! :grouphug:

~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer! This post is 100% driven by me and me alone and has nothing to do with Websleuths or anyone else. It is 100% my project cooked up in my little heart~~~~~

I am making it a goal today to PAY IT FORWARD and accumulate $5K in the Alexander family paypal account by day's end. Can you imagine how it would feel to them to see that balance accumulating all throughout the day and that volume of love and support avalanching them? And it also very practical as this family needs financial support desperately right now to keep attending the trial and the BASICS.

My goal is for 500 of us to each paypal $10 to their paypal account and at day's end they will have received $5K (or more). Can you imagine? It's already getting retweeted all over the twittersphere.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

And as an added bonus, if you participate and send me a PM indicating this (honor system) I will randomly pick a WS poster to get a GREAT prize from me to you that's related to this trial and that you can't obtain anywhere else. I will give you one of my blue ribbons that I've worn in the courtroom gifted to me from the family. I will choose it at random with some kind of numbers system I will work up later.

Please consider taking a moment of your day and paypal $10 to this family and please share in other forums you may be participating in as well.

I've been wanting to do this for weeks and today is the DAY. Let's combat the negativity we've witnessed in the last week with an avalanche of LOVE and SUPPORT!

May I have the Paypal account name for the donation, please? Thanks :)

Specifically JS tells ALV, "......on the issue we have discussed....you can make 'preparations' and we will see about it at that time." It sounds as if court starts at 9:30 on Monday with a meeting on the record where both sides can present whatever they have on the "issue". The hearing at 11:30 is with Ms. Wong and it sounds as if it is related to the "issue" which ALV is aware of. This can't be good for ALV. My guess is she has a slightly different view than what Sam stated happened when ALV approached her and what she said if Ms. Wong is involved. It is possible while it was not on tape Ms. Wong might have seen the whole thing play out. In any case isn't it highly unusual for a judge to stop in the middle of the trial to have a hearing about a separate issue?
For reasons laid out by KCL, I do NOT think Wong issue has anything to do with ALV approaching Sam. KCL said that issue had been addressed. Wong was referenced waaay back when latest motion for mistrial was been argued. Her name was mentioned and at some point Nurmi said to save time, continue with trial and take motion up again down the road. Monday, I believe, will finally be "down the road" re Wong.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

KCL, I have intended to go back to the courthouse or at least HH to give another donation (but not a check) as you know I don't do PAypal. I will send you a PM if you can look for it. I continue to admire your advocacy, your warm heart and am so proud to know you!

Here's the transcription:

ALV: Your honor?

JS: Sit right there.

(JA whispers into JW's ear)

JS: The record will show the jury has left the courtroom. Please be seated.

JS: Ms. LaViolette, we will need you to return on Tuesday to complete your testimony unless I release you from your subpoena prior to that time. There is another issue that the, uhhh...I think you are aware of the additional issue, so we will need you to be back here on Tuesday, and with regard to the time, I know that you have an, some other issues, but this is a priority, so because you cannot be here on Monday, you need to be here on Tuesday. It's either Monday or Tuesday, I'll allow you to decide which you prefer, which date you prefer to come back.

ALV: (inaudible) I'm having tests on Tuesday (inaudible) and I may have follow-up tests that I…

JA: Objection.

JS: Ms. LaViolette, don't tell me about your personal issues. Here's my concern: my concern is that we will have a conversation on the record, on Monday, after everyone has had an opportunity to follow up on the issues discussed, and at that time I will hear anything else we will have...you will have made, uhhh, preparations and we can talk about it at that time. All right? But plan to be back here on Tuesday. As of right now, you are still under subpoena.

JM: (asks to approach).

(Counsel approaches)

JS: Ok, Monday at 11 o'clock - Ms. Wong, you are in the back of the courtroom, is that correct?

GW: Yes I am your honor.

JS: Will you be here to testify?

GW: Well, you ordered me to, so...

JS: Okay, I guess then I will order you to be here at 11 o’clock to testify. I understand that you have an attorney; if there are any issues, he can raise them. Okay, we will be here starting at 9:30 a.m. on Monday. All right?

GW: (smiling) Yes.

JS: Nothing else, counsel? All right, have a nice weekend.

Umm...yikes! Does that sound like she could be in contempt of court about something, and will be held? Omgoodness, I'm trying not to read into anything, but wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli