a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Yes I've been following along ever since that juror description list came out and I realize they are picked by lottery. I was curious about the alternates descriptions, which I don't think those are in the description list. ETA-Just looked again and they are lol wow it's been a longggggg week. :facepalm:

There are no alternates at this point, I believe. They are all potential jurors. The lottery is done when before they start their deliberations. At that time they will be told if they are a juror or alternate.

I am not much of a religious person so forgive me if I may ask things that sound really stupid but I would like to fast. I will be praying. The more the better right?

When someone does a fasting how long does it last, from midnight to midnight? Also... is fluid allowed?

Fasting will be tomorrow correct, since it's Sunday?

The only time I have done a fast was for medical procedure and the only thing that kept me from passing out was Popsicles. I need that pop of sugar every now and then or apparently my body says "forget you" and shuts down. :blushing: Forgive me ignorance on religious fasting, any help would be appreciated. I really want to do this.

I just love her. Texted w/ her some yesterday and I will certainly pass that along. Really want to get her on Tricia's radio show. I'll see what I can do on that front. :)

Oh Wow!, That would be awesome if we can have her on Tricia's show. I am really enjoying that, and have a lot of respect for Janine. It would be great to have her! (pssst...... please, please Tricia?)

I am not much of a religious person so forgive me if I may ask things that sound really stupid but I would like to fast. I will be praying. The more the better right?

When someone does a fasting how long does it last, from midnight to midnight? Also... is fluid allowed?

The only time I have done a fast was for medical procedure and the only thing that kept me from passing out was Popsicles. I need that pop of sugar every now and then or apparently my body says "forget you" and shuts down. :blushing: Forgive me ignorance on religious fasting, any help would be appreciated. I really want to do this.

I had to Google it myself. It appears that it is a personal matter and people fast in different ways.
Some sunup to sundown, some 24 hours, some allow juice, some don't.
I worked for a woman from India once. She fasted on Fridays IIRC but she did drink this yougurt drink with pepper. (she let me try it. Tasted like warm buttermilk) yucky!

As a nurse I'd recommend allowing yourself water to stay hydrated.
Obviously it might not be wise to fast with certain health conditions like diabetes etc...

Hopefully some will share what they do during a fast.
I never really thought about it much.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Oh Wow!, That would be awesome if we can have her on Tricia's show. I am really enjoying that, and have a lot of respect for Janine. It would be great to have her! (pssst...... please, please Tricia?)

We will make it happen. :D

I had to Google it myself. It appears that it is a personal matter and people fast in different ways.
Some sunup to sundown, some 24 hours, some allow juice, some don't.
I worked for a woman from India once. She fasted on Fridays IIRC but she did drink this yougurt drink with pepper. (she let me try it. Tasted like warm buttermilk) yucky!

As a nurse I'd recommend allowing yourself water to stay hydrated.
Obviously it might not be wise to fast with certain health conditions like diabetes etc...

Hopefully some will share what they do during a fast.
I never really thought about it much.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I agree.. the time of your fasting is up to you and what meets your needs. Do drink fluids though. I am planning on doing it also.

I thought that Tanisha asked us to do it on May 5th... (after closing arguments).

Just a heads up.

There will be NO Websleuths court observers in the courtroom next week unless someone goes up there to line up at probably the wee hours of the morning to get a public seat (which could happen).

Thankfully the family has many members coming in for all 3 days next week--Wed testimony plus closings Thurs and Fri. so there probably won't even be enough seats for them in the courtroom (isn't that sad--public observers and media will trump family members sigh...). They will overflow on site and watch on a feed.

I'll be nearby watching on the feed. But will be seeing what the rest of you are.

Katie
I've seen Steven,Tanisha,Hillary,Samantha in court. Have the other siblings been there? I have a reason for asking (project cooking)?
Thank you

I agree.. the time of your fasting is up to you and what meets your needs. Do drink fluids though. I am planning on doing it also.

I thought that Tanisha asked us to do it on May 5th... (after closing arguments).

I fast once a year. It's for a religious holiday. 25 hours no food, no drink = no picnic. However, it does make one introspective and you become very clear on the reasons for which you do it. It always reminds me of how I would feel if the things I need to live comfortably were taken away from me. I will be translating that to how the Alexander's must feel every day.
If I can make a suggestion, make sure you keep hydrated. If you feel dizzy/lightheaded, please make sure you get something in your system. I believe that your God, The Alexander's God, My God will notice only your efforts.
You should choose a time period that you feel comfortable with. If you feel you can hack sunrise to sunset, go with it.
As I said, I do it every year. I always dread it in the days leading up to it, but it ALWAYS goes by in a flash. The fast on May 5 is for such an amazing cause. It's the first time I've looked forward to fasting.
I truly hope this helps.

I fast once a year. It's for a religious holiday. 25 hours no food, no drink = no picnic. However, it does make one introspective and you become very clear on the reasons for which you do it. It always reminds me of how I would feel if the things I need to live comfortably were taken away from me. I will be translating that to how the Alexander's must feel every day.
If I can make a suggestion, make sure you keep hydrated. If you feel dizzy/lightheaded, please make sure you get something in your system. I believe that your God, The Alexander's God, My God will notice only your efforts.
You should choose a time period that you feel comfortable with. If you feel you can hack sunrise to sunset, go with it.
As I said, I do it every year. I always dread it in the days leading up to it, but it ALWAYS goes by in a flash. The fast on May 5 is for such an amazing cause. It's the first time I've looked forward to fasting.
I truly hope this helps.

I'm gonna join it...I've done very long fasts before...like 2 weeks. It's amazing how GOOD you feel after the first 3 days (it was a master cleanse I did). Hey did you ever post your graphic on the Juanisms? I love it. I printed it out. :) That's you right?

Katie
I've seen Steven,Tanisha,Hillary,Samantha in court. Have the other siblings been there? I have a reason for asking (project cooking)?
Thank you

Tanisha, Samantha, Hillary, Allie, Steven, Greg and Gary have all been in court and will be this week.

I'm gonna join it...I've done very long fasts before...like 2 weeks. It's amazing how GOOD you feel after the first 3 days (it was a master cleanse I did). Hey did you ever post your graphic on the Juanisms? I love it. I printed it out. :) That's you right?

Yes it's me! I haven't posted it yet, spending some time in the great outdoors with my little 5 year old darling daughter. I definitely will though. Thanks again!

I fast regularly. It will greatly help you on your fasting day if you receive adequate nourishment the day prior. Don't pig out or gorge yourself, but feed yourself well the day before. Being well hydrated during a fast is a must.

I will join the fast.

I read that Ghost Hunters and TAPS recently filmed in TA's house. Any truth to this?

I read that Ghost Hunters and TAPS recently filmed in TA's house. Any truth to this?

None whatsoever. That rumor was put to rest today by someone who works on the show.

I would love to join you all fasting and keeping Travis and his family in my thoughts on May 5th. I will be sending love and peace to all of them.

I have fasted quite a bit in my life with fluids. It actually isn't as hard as it sounds, especially when doing it for such a special reason. I may even extend my fast to the 6th. I drink tea and water. On longer fasts sometimes I include clear chicken broth (sometimes I even make that from scratch).

I have been reading here since just after the trial began. It is hard for me to keep up but I have grown to really like so many of you. Your insights, the community feeling and character, generally speaking have been invaluable during the trial.

Much love to you all.

I will join the fasting on May 5th in support of the family, and Travis. I have included the jurors in my long list of prayers. I will fast for as long as they request, as I am behind this family all the way. Love and prayers to them. They have been so strong. Please, for those who have never fasted before, keep yourselves well hydrated. Bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21