a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I here ya! But, hey, we get to eat whatever we like and not have a closed commissary. :floorlaugh:

Funny you should say that ElleElle... I was just thinking about that this morning. It's my bd, and I was thinking ha ha ha ha Miss Jodi...I get to have mocha frappa whatever with a shot of peppermint if I want + pizza for brekkie...read on WS, while listening to whatever channel I want, go out in the yard and garden in 80+ Portland weather today, fool around on my smartphone, go get my car detailed, get a gazillion FB wall posts and interact with all my friends, talk to family for however long I want (no collect calls, thank you!), go to the theatre this evening with girlfriends and have a communication breakdown burger + Ruby Red microbrew...etc, etc... the list goes on and on.

And where you at Jodi? What are you doing today? What will you be doing every birthday for the rest of your life? Was it worth it????

Sorry for the rant...

Just saw a clip of KCL's interview on HLN with Beth!!!! Anyone else catch it?? She looked beautiful & WS got a shoutout :)

I just found it on my recorded copy! Has it been uploaded yet? If not, I will upload it - OMG KCL - STUNNING, Beautiful and articulate with a heart as big as Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I will not upload how to donate to the felon to be part!)

I just found it on my recorded copy! Has it been uploaded yet? If not, I will upload it - OMG KCL - STUNNING, Beautiful and articulate with a heart as big as Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I will not upload how to donate to the felon to be part!)

An uploaded version without the JA part would be great. ;)

Incarceration JA, public accusation (JA calling TA pedo) invasion of privacy (again JA getting into his computer , peeking etc). I took this as a pro prosecution.

I posted something in the Verdict Watch thread last night giving 18 reasons why you shouldn't be worried!! (see post 1140 in that thread!!)

I am going there to look now.. Thank you

Is there a link to the poster KCL shared with JM from Jayrohh (sorry for spelling). I'd like to see it.

Or am I misunderstanding "poster" as a picture, not a person or their words??

Is there a link to the poster KCL shared with JM from Jayrohh (sorry for spelling). I'd like to see it.

Or am I misunderstanding "poster" as a picture, not a person or their words??

Yes it is a small poster or maybe a better word would be "graphic"?

It's back in here in the thread...lemme see if I can pull it up for ya.

What did you guys think of all the times Nurmi turned his BACK to the jury? We kept yelling at the screen saying "who is he talking to?" (well Katie Wick did lol). This was one of the many things I discussed with Juan Martinez in my deep, long, rambling 5 min conversation I had w/ him yesterday. lol

i'll tell you how I f-e-e-e-e-l
Nurmi's closing argument was horrible. Was his pace faster than during the trial? I found myself feeling sorry for him as a person, my mind would wander during his speech ,thinking, "i wonder if his wife picked out his suits for the trial and i wonder if he has beers with his friends" not sure where these feelings came up, maybe because i don't hate him anymore, since JA is gonna lose, or , maybe i was pity him by the way he has to hold the paper up 2 inches in front of his face to read it? or that I look at him and see a big purple Eeyore that didn't want to do this trial in the first place and he HAS to do it? And, in front of the whole world , he has to do a giant solo where his speech and body language and lawyering skills are inferior to JM's . He lacks stage presence he should know not to turn his back to his audience. Nerves?

Juror 8 WAS in the courtroom yesterday with his wife!

So was Judge Steven's boyfriend. :)

Yes, I saw Juror 8 and his lovely wife in the courtroom- I was referring to the man who the camera showed after court was dismissed sitting near Judge Stephens as not being Juror 8 but a different guy. LOL may I say if that's her BF ... lucky her - he's a good looking dude!

:seeya:DT

I'm not worried about Maureen at all..and she has brown hair lol

It's kind of a bummer though as her pal Ponytail is gone. I think they are ALL lined up with Juan. I'm not worried about a one of them.

Well coming from you I will not worry.. My husband, my 20 yr old daughter and myself are praying tomorrow and fasting after Church. Also the Alexanders and all who support them have been on the prayer list at Church. I was so emotional yesterday as the Judge was reading the last instructions to the jurors. As they left the courtroom, I was sobbing in my living room. I'm not even there and I didn't know what to do with myself. I just sat there, not moving for almost half and hour before I could communicate with my hubby without crying, telling him how I was feeling.. I keep thinking if I feel this way, I can't even imagine ever what it would feel like to be in the courtroom as a family member or friend and not knowing what to do.. You are an angel for all that you do and I am sure it is healing to have an outlet to share your feelings with a family in similar circumstances. I was so proud of Juan. You could feel his heart in his rebuttal to def closing.

After the verdict of Murder 1, I would be so interested in the jury opinions on watching the defendant's demeanor throughout this trial. And Nurmi to make a comment about the punching bag, I am sure the 2 young men on the jury use workout equipment and what male does not have some sort of weights or punching bag in their home.. Just can't wait to hear their opinions, especially after hearing all the evidence that they were not allowed to hear. It would be interesting to hear about Juror 8 and his thoughts on everything now that he knows more and if it changed whatever his previous opinion was or is.

i'll tell you how I f-e-e-e-e-l
Nurmi's closing argument was horrible. Was his pace faster than during the trial? I found myself feeling sorry for him as a person, my mind would wander during his speech ,thinking, "i wonder if his wife picked out his suits for the trial and i wonder if he has beers with his friends" not sure where these feelings came up, maybe because i don't hate him anymore, since JA is gonna lose, or , maybe i was pity him by the way he has to hold the paper up 2 inches in front of his face to read it? or that I look at him and see a big purple Eeyore that didn't want to do this trial in the first place and he HAS to do it? And, in front of the whole world , he has to do a giant solo where his speech and body language and lawyering skills are inferior to JM's . He lacks stage presence he should know not to turn his back to his audience. Nerves?

Vallie believe me I've had these same feelings. He held the door open for me one day and smiled and it doesn't take much to get my little heart to melt to a person so I had the same kinds of thoughts you did.

Until I remembered how he's CHOSEN to take out his anger for being stuck with this sociopath and this trial on TRAVIS ALEXANDER so many times and in so many ways. And that kind of cured my virus called "Giving compassionate deference to inappropriate people" that has plagued me my whole life. Compassion is one thing. Deference is another.

Some people DO garner a boundary and a , for lack of a better word, disdain for their actions. He's one of them and so is Alyce LaViolette who most think is ruined now from this trial.

People sometimes have to learn things a very hard way.

Nurmi could have chosen many directions to go in this trial. He didn't have to attempt to destroy Travis in the ways he did. But he chose it. And he went overboard. And he will always be remembered for that.

And his sucky closing argument with his back to the jury.

Stay tuned for an upcoming photo of me watching his closing...you may resonate. ;)

Yes, I saw Juror 8 and his lovely wife in the courtroom- I was referring to the man who the camera showed after court was dismissed sitting near Judge Stephens as not being Juror 8 but a different guy. LOL may I say if that's her BF ... lucky her - he's a good looking dude!

:seeya:DT

Grey beard? Handsome? Tall? That's her handsome boyfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrRcH2B7884&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's the HLN piece...they cut the part where Beth and I were both crying.

Kathy,
This was a good article, just not long enough. You were beautiful in it. Just a classy lady. Beth is my favorite crime journalist, intelligent, and fair, so I am really hoping she lands a great new job.

As for the Alexander family, I just don't think we could ever give enough. They have been true to Travis and seeking justice for him. I admire them so much and you are right in the article, it is a tremendous financial burden. It won't be over for them the day of the verdict. Their lives, as you well kow, will be forever changed. They will always be in my prayers.

FYI jayarohh is busy but we're in a conversation about getting this mug thing happening (if the image will translate well). Will keep ya updated on the particulars. I think it'd be an awesome tribute to Juan Martinez (and he was super tickled about the whole thing too...meaning the graphic--he even said "did I say that really?" and I'm like "there are a whole lot of quips you say I'm sure you're not even aware of but they are being listed" or something like that. ) LOL

What did you guys think of all the times Nurmi turned his BACK to the jury? We kept yelling at the screen saying "who is he talking to?" (well Katie Wick did lol). This was one of the many things I discussed with Juan Martinez in my deep, long, rambling 5 min conversation I had w/ him yesterday. lol

Maybe it was one of Nurmi's little slip-ups, that let the jury know he really doesn't care what happens to Jodi. Still, he trashed Travis so he is on the bottom of the barrel to me.

Vallie believe me I've had these same feelings. He held the door open for me one day and smiled and it doesn't take much to get my little heart to melt to a person so I had the same kinds of thoughts you did.

Until I remembered how he's CHOSEN to take out his anger for being stuck with this sociopath and this trial on TRAVIS ALEXANDER so many times and in so many ways. And that kind of cured my virus called "Giving compassionate deference to inappropriate people" that has plagued me my whole life. Compassion is one thing. Deference is another.

Some people DO garner a boundary and a , for lack of a better word, disdain for their actions. He's one of them and so is Alyce LaViolette who most think is ruined now from this trial.

People sometimes have to learn things a very hard way.

Nurmi could have chosen many directions to go in this trial. He didn't have to attempt to destroy Travis in the ways he did. But he chose it. And he went overboard. And he will always be remembered for that.

And his sucky closing argument with his back to the jury.

Stay tuned for an upcoming photo of me watching his closing...you may resonate. ;)

I agree KCL - dirtying up Travis to save a liar and a killer is just beyond the pale. I don't hate Nurmi - I despise what he did to Travis Alexander and his family in an effort to save the very person who took his life so savagely. You are exactly right - he didn't have to choose to destroy Travis but he did and will always be remembered for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela