a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I read manslaughter I almost vomit....M2 makes me mad enough. The strongest item to me is the cell phone that was off in AZ. A female traveling alone who is so attached to texting and talking w/ no phone for many miles not to mention the time it was off. Leslie U. Even called Travis to see if he knew where JA was so it had to be odd for her not to have her cell! The says premed to me the loudest!

ITA. And having two sons and five brothers, made me fear for every single man alive, wondering if there are more Jodi's out there.

Oh... there ARE!

Unfortunately, I think I have a sister that may be one of them. She is older now and drug and alcohol addled so she is not much of a threat anymore. I didn't realize she was a sociopath until about a year ago and it broke my heart. I cried the whole way home from her god forsaken house after her husband had died suddenly. I actually wondered if she may have killed him.

The autopsy report came back and she hadn't- but still.

I am able to protect myself from her now and more importantly- my children. I no longer feel responsible for her either. I have another sister who was diagnosed BPD. I am the youngest of 6; 5 girls and 1 boy. We were all damaged in some way or another, I managed to rise above it somehow- so have the others.

Sigh! Sorry for the O/T rant!

I would like to nominate Katiecoolady for Websleuth of the year!! Who agrees?

7/11/2011:

"While Felony Murder is a legal and factual possibility, the probability is the state will have a difficult time convincing a jury to find Jodi guilty of capital murder. It will require quite the feat of mental gymnastics to get a conviction under this theory.

How confident are you now, Mr. Nurmi?

I see it more as a slam dunk!

Are people really worried about Maureen? What is that about? I don't think we need to worry about her at all.

Is it because she gave naval intelligence to JA? If so...she gave it to ALV, too, and Deanna Reid and Mike Melendez. She had her chair turned fully in the direction of the witness, no matter who the witness was, so that Ponytail was looking at the back of her chair. I think that's just how she was comfortable sitting--more facing the witness than body facing forward and head turned toward the witness, if that makes sense. The Artist did this with his chair too.

I do wish, honestly, that Pony Tail was on the jury. She had no love for JA, IMO. But, Paul Rudd and Wrestler for sure feel the same...

Give me a bit and I'll go back through my notes and see what I can find about Maureen. I'm not worried about her. :seeya:

Ya know, there is something about my destiny or karma or whatever you want to call it that when I get bit by a bug of a project that is important, doors open for me the right people just find their way to me. This case is no different. Same w/ Peterson. This one is actually bigger though considering ALL the people I've met and connected with...truly amazing.

Now of course the Universe has it's way with me in other areas, such as love life, when i peek my head out , it says "not so fast Cowgirl" and I kind of get the opposite situation. We all have our "growth opportunities" (and yes I wanted to put myself in a time out for that one, blech).

Surely one of your out there has a male friend/brother/son/grandson (well not THAT young)/business associate/cool guy etc that I could date. Of course after my stay at the Jodi Arias Trial Fat Farm is complete and I get my self esteem back. ;)

Ok I'm overstaying my welcome at this hotel and gotta split...dangit, wish I could stay all day relaxing with you all.

JUSTICE IS COMING!:rockon:

Hmmm ... I wonder if a certain handsome man with a mustache seen in court yesterday has a twin brother who is single? If so, buck up and get in line girl! :scared:

Thank you Sweetie. Beth has a few things in the works...I just know she'll get discovered somewhere in a big way. Just hope she keeps covering trials. I did get the scoop that HLN will continue covering trials as they have over the last 4 mths now moving to Zimmerman so that's interesting.

My regular career is as a Myofascial Release therapist. I've practiced this form of body/mind healing for 23 plus years now. Ironically it's not a well known form of therapy, but Beth K knows ALL about it and in fact has received it from people I know very very well. What a small world! My website is www.theheartspace.com

I have someone coming in Mon from out of state for 2 weeks of intensive therapy w/ me and another colleague so...my verdict watching will be a bit impaired to afternoons. I'll work with her in the am's then come downtown to be nearby the courthouse, I guess just hangin out w/ my peeps. Starting Monday....as instructed by Juan Martinez. i was joking with someone about him telling me at least 3 times he expected me down here on Mon for the verdict "if he asked me to get down on all 4's and bark like a dog right then I would have done it". LMAO Let's just say, he has a very commanding presence. :floorlaugh:
Lol kcl
What an awesome experience !
I envy you talking to juan! I so admire him! I've never seen a prosecutor like him.
I had mentioned to you my little project for the family and one includes you! and one for juan !!and one for each of the family. Will you be able to deliver if I send directly to your. I'm just waiting for the verdict to complete the project! It has to do with travis of course it's a little surprise. Thank you for all you do I mean this with the humblest sincerity.
Katiedid2

What did you guys think of all the times Nurmi turned his BACK to the jury? We kept yelling at the screen saying "who is he talking to?" (well Katie Wick did lol). This was one of the many things I discussed with Juan Martinez in my deep, long, rambling 5 min conversation I had w/ him yesterday. lol

In his closing argument, every frickin' time Nurmi said

It could be that...(bla bla lie bla bla) | We. just. don't. know.

My mind kept flashing back to JA laughing in the interrogation room the day of her arrest.

If only one juror ever experienced the creepy-crawly sensation of being in the midst of a psychopath, they wouldn't let this one live.

imo

In his closing argument, every frickin' time Nurmi said

It could be that...(bla bla lie bla bla) | We. just. don't. know.

My mind kept flashing back to JA laughing in the interrogation room the day of her arrest.

If only one juror ever experienced the creepy-crawly sensation of being in the midst of a psychopath, they wouldn't let this one live.

imo

Well said!

I had errands yesterday! Did only catch opening arguments with the DT
When I returned home I started watching the DT closing argument. I got so upset with nurmis closing ! I automatically switched to Martinez final closing argument and read between the lines as to what nurmis closing was about.

KatieCoo....I have sent you all my love and prayers through you to also pass to Travis' family.
Thank you for you.

I have had myofacial therapy in the past....its amazing. I broke my tailbone, sacrum, pelvic bone fractured and my primary care doctor sent me to her mother who did this.
I also have an arachnoid cyst on my spine and she was awesome with everything.
I need to go back sometime.

Love all the posts and again, thank you, and PASA too!! <3

So yes, this was literally taken of me during KN's closing argument. Katie Wick titled it "The Nurmi Effect". LOL Thank God my fog shut me down completely, sparing me more PTSD.

Awwwwshucks, I love this pic! Proof our KCL managd a bit of R & R !

now when you find the location of that "It's All Her Fault( Jodi Arias) Fat Farm" count me in. :sumo: :Banane43: :treadmill:

I always worried a little about 'headphones' because I worried he might judge Travis too harshly from the text message insults and sex tape. JMO

I did too because of his age.

Remember, these jurors do not see and read EVERYTHING that we do. We can overlook the bad language and name calling because we know most of the things Jodi did.

I think with the majority of jurors being young or middle aged men, they are so thankful that they never met or
dated someone like Jodi.

They will do the right thing - First Degree Murder !!

:clap::clap:

Ya know, there is something about my destiny or karma or whatever you want to call it that when I get bit by a bug of a project that is important, doors open for me the right people just find their way to me. This case is no different. Same w/ Peterson. This one is actually bigger though considering ALL the people I've met and connected with...truly amazing.

Now of course the Universe has it's way with me in other areas, such as love life, when i peek my head out , it says "not so fast Cowgirl" and I kind of get the opposite situation. We all have our "growth opportunities" (and yes I wanted to put myself in a time out for that one, blech).

Surely one of your out there has a male friend/brother/son/grandson (well not THAT young)/business associate/cool guy etc that I could date. Of course after my stay at the Jodi Arias Trial Fat Farm is complete and I get my self esteem back. ;)

Ok I'm overstaying my welcome at this hotel and gotta split...dangit, wish I could stay all day relaxing with you all.

JUSTICE IS COMING!:rockon:

Oh my, well we have to do something about this. My two sons and three brothers are all happily married (sorry. :( ). But hey, they are good guys so I would sure send one my brothers your way in a heartbeat. My youngest brother was on a business trip to Arizona when he met his wife so he can attest to the Arizona ladies being of good quality!

It could also be that with what God has placed you here to do and all the help you have given to so many, maybe you could not have done that with a spouse. We just don't know. He knew right where He would place you and what you would do for others.

I think being a scorpio personality helped you too when you needed to zero in on a project. It is my belief that even your birth was preplanned. :)

I posted one day that when the Scott Peterson verdict was read, I was alone in my living room and I stood up and cheered. Seemed silly I know, but I couldn't believe what he had done. I was so invested in the Anthony trial also, much to my own hurt, because when that verdict was read I was stunned for days. And I was delighted Drew Peterson went to prison.

Justice is coming for Travis, maybe in just 48 hours! Or less.

THE COFFEE MUG IDEA:

Sorry it's taken me this long to respond to the Juanisms on a mug. This is the first weekend we've had with beautiful weather and I've tried to enjoy as much of it with my daughter as I can! Now, of course, I'm exhausted. Must...Get...In...Shape...

Anyway - putting the Juanisms on a mug is a wonderful idea - as a fundraiser for the Alexander family. I'm almost positive that I posted a week-or-so ago that very same thought! In any case, I'm willing to waive any rights, royalties, fees, etc to make this happen. KCL also said that she would be of assistance with this - which is really great because clearly she doesn't have enough things on her plate already (please note the dripping sarcasm). I messaged her earlier today saying that I would reformat the design to fit the dimensions of a mug, and would have to figure out if the words would be legible or not. I'd love to make it happen.
I'm fasting from tomorrow morning until Monday 12noon eastern time (which is 9am Arizona time - when the jurors begin deliberating). After a light meal, I'll get right on it!
Stay tuned!

I did too because of his age.

Remember, these jurors do not see and read EVERYTHING that we do. We can overlook the bad language and name calling because we know most of the things Jodi did.

I think with the majority of jurors being young or middle aged men, they are so thankful that they never met or
dated someone like Jodi.

They will do the right thing - First Degree Murder !!

:clap::clap:

I was never worried about headphones because of his age. It's funny but I am pretty old too and after we have lived awhile, we can overlook the language of a call that was supposed to be between two people, and we can see through her slimy attempts to ruin Travis. I figure he was a stealth pro prosecution juror. I worried more about the younger ones on the jury, maybe being so jaded by all the murders in the world or movies or whatever and maybe they would think she was somehow justified. Funny how we can see things differently. Again, surely she will get convicted of murder one!

Edited to add: as far as the texts or IM's between TA and JA, I felt she had made him so angry he just finally let her know just what she was. He was right. But he never had a chance.

I saw JSSs boyfriend and I said "is that her hubby?" I think she is pretty but I think she looks much older than he looks. I was surprised but I could tell by her smiles they were a couple.

I look forward to Trisha's show tom.

I cannot believe JA has received that much money!

Just saw Dr. Hayes re another case on HLN!

Does anyone have a screen grab of JSS's boyfriend? Or ideas of where to see him on the trial videos? After all the comments, now I'm curious!

I kinda grimaced when Juan began to quote John Donne. It might some back to bite him in the DP phase. Just sayin'....

Yes,each man's death diminishes... So I guess that would include Jodi. And I am truly glad I am not on the jury and in a position to have to decide that.

I focus on the Alexander family and provide them comfort and warmth, and will continue to follow this through the difficult verdict, mitigation and sentencing and if need be, beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876