a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been one horrendous trial. However, isn't it interesting how JA was totally intent on ruining Travis, his family and the Mormon religion if she couldn't plead to 2nd degree. The upshot of this trial is that she revealed herself to the world. Now instead of suspecting that she was a sociopath, everyone knows it. I think there is a saying by Mark Twain that fits her.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - -- Mark Twain

This has been one horrendous trial. However, isn't it interesting how JA was totally intent on ruining Travis, his family and the Mormon religion if she couldn't plead to 2nd degree. The upshot of this trial is that she revealed herself to the world. Now instead of suspecting that she was a sociopath, everyone knows it. I think there is a saying by Mark Twain that fits her.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - -- Mark Twain

I would add Alyce Laviolette to that sentiment as well.

I don't really know exactly where they will be today but I'm sure somewhere close by. I may see them this afternoon but I really don't share any private things about their whereabouts etc publicly if I know. They will be hounded by media so I'm sure they will be somewhere quiet and safe.
You were so touching last nite on Tricia's show Katie.

Kathy,
Agree with all you said. And I thank you.
Please keep me in thoughts and prayers. I am on my way to the hospital as my first great grandson is on his way to arrive this morning! Been a long night. I will be praying for Travis family and all of you supporting them.
God bless you.

Enjoy your new grandson. :seeya:

And one more:

EVERYTHING IS WAITING FOR YOU

(After Derek Mahon)

Your great mistake is to act the drama
as if you were alone. As if life
were a progressive and cunning crime
with no witness to the tiny hidden
transgressions. To feel abandoned is to deny
the intimacy of your surroundings. Surely,
even you, at times, have felt the grand array;
the swelling presence, and the chorus, crowding
out your solo voice. You must note
the way the soap dish enables you,
or the window latch grants you freedom.
Alertness is the hidden discipline of familiarity.
The stairs are your mentor of things
to come, the doors have always been there
to frighten you and invite you,
and the tiny speaker in the phone
is your dream-ladder to divinity.

Put down the weight of your aloneness and ease into
the conversation. The kettle is singing
even as it pours you a drink, the cooking pots
have left their arrogant aloofness and
seen the good in you at last. All the birds
and creatures of the world are unutterably
themselves. Everything is waiting for you.

~ David Whyte ~

I love David Whyte!

So many feelings after reading the transcripting of the radio show tonight...I have such a hard time with the word forgive because I truly think some things don't deserve forgiveness....so I'm going to go with something I read and have done in the past ... give it over to god (or whatever you beliefs are)...you just can't control what people do but you can control how you react to their behavior....toxic people suck the very life out of you....I have no time for drama queens & kings.

I really started thinking as I was reading everyone's posts tonight that you really never know what is going on in strangers lives...there are brutal murders everyday and some of them might be as horrid as what happened to Cindy and Travis but we never hear about those victims or their families...so I'm going to include a little add-on if you will as I'm praying for the outcome of this trial...Lord help all the other people going through the horror of losing their loved ones to murder and help those responsible come to justice!
{{HUGS}} to everyone here going through loss either old or new, it is forever with you but we must carry on to honor those that have left us!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!

Where can I find that transcript please & thank you.

Hey, Kathy/KCL and other court watchers. Especially you Kathy, because you will see Juan. I found this video of Arias making a throat cut motion during Juan's closing. It looks like a threat. At the very least not being respectful in court. Do you think Juan or the judge should know about this?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY

Susan

She is too inappropriate for words. Such audacity coming from someone sitting on trial for their life. And that dark expression on her face when she's doing this is telling as well. This shows exactly how her mind works, what she's thinking at that moment, and just how dangerous she can be.

Good Morning all,

My schedule today is to work in the morning then head downtown around 12:30 to hook up with whoever I hook up with down there to wait for the verdict. I still think this afternoon is a possibility. I have all my mornings filled with work but every afternoon open this week so this jury better wait til the afternoon whenever they come in. ;)

I woke up thinking and being very moved by Chris Hughes speaking last night (I'm sure you all did too). I went for an early am walk and was pondering so many things. Mostly his parting words about "speaking for Travis" to us and admonishing us to use all of this as an opportunity to grow. I recommitted myself to just that this morning.

Participating in this trial has offered me many lessons and opportunities to grow in itself. If you only knew how hard it is for me to set boundaries and I had to do it over and over and over again in this process, both for myself and others. I've learned in a deeper way to "trust my gut" which is a HUGE lesson for me personally--about reading people and things. And to take certain risks that I'd never take before. And what truly giving looks like (and doesn't).

I've been thinking about how being discerning and being fierce in drawing lines in the sand is critical to one's development (think Skye Hughes kicking Jodi out of their house).

I'm also thinking about how I complain about being single and walking this path of life "alone" or so it seems and how that really is an illusion. I think of the times I've sold myself short (like Travis did w/ Jodi, as my sister did with her murderer--not criticizing just saying how easy this is to fall in to) and made choices that diminished my vitality. And how it's so, for me, challenging to stay focused on quality vs. space filling people.

I'm thinking I have no time anymore for shallow superficiality in my life! I have no time for lack of integrity in myself or others! I have no time for choices that diminish my light and take me off a path of, as Travis says, "being a better person".

Listening to Chris really brought a laser focus back to my mind about setting my course in a clear intentional way. And listening to Chris himself and Chris describing Travis I am inspired that there ARE men on this planet and potentially ONE man who will find me who feels a similar yearning to grow, become the best they can be. And how I just won't settle for less out of loneliness, desire for sex, exhaustion or anything else. I was remembering an essay I wrote 2 years ago called "It's gonna be Great or nothing" which I will share here. I needed to revisit those words now.

I feel so inspired thanks to Chris Hughes last night. And I feel justice is coming very very soon and I look forward to detoxing any negativity that may have "stuck" to me during these months and putting my life on a path everyone who has ever loved me will be proud of.

Here is my little essay if you want to read it and watch out world...I'm getting ready to bust out and claim my highest self, one I've not gotten to know yet. And I'm hoping Travis Alexander is up there cheering me on.

xoxo

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kathy-monkman/its-gonna-be-great-or-nothing/10150348077424954

I hope you know that YOU, as well as Chris, have inspired so many people during these past months as we have become acquainted with you online.

YOU are a very special lady KCL and I love how you not only help others, but also are looking at ways to improve your life any way you can.

Hugs to you my dear Katie!

Hey, Kathy/KCL and other court watchers. Especially you Kathy, because you will see Juan. I found this video of Arias making a throat cut motion during Juan's closing. It looks like a threat. At the very least not being respectful in court. Do you think Juan or the judge should know about this?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY

Susan

Unfortunately, it's too late, but truly stunning. That was a slash, not a scratch, IMO. Hopefully at least two in the jury saw it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU KCL and Chris Hughes for last night. Peace and love and light to you.

Unfortunately, it's too late, but truly stunning. That was a slash, not a scratch, IMO. Hopefully at least two in the jury saw it.

It's too bad they couldn't start the deliberations by being shown that clip...JA truly is a dangerous person and I pray the jury realizes that she never can see the light of day ever again.

Lol - just noticed what I put on after my shower, inadvertently...A blue shirt and blue shorts.

i saw a comment about a link but can't find a link ANYWHERE...anyone have a link? Thx!!

Hi guys
I think she was referring to my twitter page. If you go on to twitter search for @theanusofjodi (I know it's crude, but it's really just a fraction of how gross the real defendant is). You can see all of the graphics there.

I'm leaving work now, going to get a bagel and a coffee to break the fast and then heading home to wait for J-U-S-T-I-C-E.

All the best to everyone here.

Just got a call and I have a Dr. appt. at 4pm today.....groan, if the verdict comes in I will miss it.

Reality. This case has resurrected repressed memories as a child of visiting a pig farm and watching the selection of a pig being separated from the rest of the pigs, hoisted up and slaughtered (neck wound). I won't go into the gruesome details, but it involved the sounds, sights, and horror of watching death happening right before me. It took time. And the farmer used a linoleum knife! The same tool my dad would use at home for cutting up linoleum when working on the floor. I was also made to try skinning a section of the fresh carcass, so I felt how warm it was. I refused to eat any of that poor little piggy.

When you buy a piece of meat at the store, it is cold or frozen. You are completely detached from the process and the source.

When I go to a museum, I don't just look at the paintings or sculptures. In my mind I am transported back to the painter as he is laying down each stroke, or the sculptor working on the form. Or, at an Egyptian exhibit, the slaves and artists creating the sarcophagus.

So when I am absorbed by a trial such as this, my mind attempts to see it from Travis' perspective, and then again from Jodi's.

I am also a creative writer and visual artist in my career, so that's just the way I roll. Like it or lump it. :seeya:

Hi Getreal, I just want to say I am sorry you had to go through that slaughter. Wow. What a reoccurring nightmare for a child. I haven't eaten meat since I was 16 (many, many years ago). These kind of, what I think are abuses, are one reason why what kind of visual arts do you do?

May the light of goodness shine down on the jury and the Alexander family and friends as they face this day.

That light is really Travis. Travis Alexander has made a difference in this world, and continues to do so from his resting place. He shines down on all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV