a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to post this, so I'm just going to post it here:

I have never followed a trial before in my life -- never been that interested. I've never signed up with or posted on a forum before, either. But here I am. And I don't know exactly why or how it happened. I can say that I have learned so much, so much about strength, endurance, courage, and kindness. I've "met" the Alexander family, Juan Martinez, Esteban Flores, Katiecoolady, Chris and Skye Hughes and, most importantly, Travis. I could never have imagined that joining in this collective yearning for justice would have led to some very personal and important lessons for me, but it has. It's Travis, isn't it? He's still out there, still teaching, still setting examples. How miraculous.

And Katiecoolady -- I'm am super impressed by your willingness to put it all out there for others. Everything you've done for the Alexander family, and everything you've done for us on this forum speaks volumes about your kindness and your strength. Something has changed for you, I think? As you so eloquently put it in your posting a couple of pages back? A new sense of boundaries, and of your future and purpose? Travis, again. Indirectly, through others, still working his mojo. Again, miraculous.

And as for the rest of you Websleuthers -- I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read your thoughts and to post along with you.

Okay! I'm done!

Justice for Travis!

What a beautiful first post and Welcome :seeya:

I was wondering why Chris and Sky weren't called for the prosecution. Anyone know? Or have a theory?

The show last night was so good. I missed parts, but will listen to the whole thing. Chris is really right on about the forgiveness thing. It can be so difficult. But from what I have found in my life, if you don't forgive you are only hurting yourself. Not always easy!

I think it would have been all "hearsay" for them to testify.

I have a feeling Chris & Sky Hughes were not called by the prosecution b/c JM knew KN would twist the evidence/meaning behind the emails further if he was able to cross examine them and he was trying to prevent that info. from being presented any further to the jury :twocents:

Hi Mandy,

I spoke at length with Chris after last night's show and he was afraid people would misunderstand his thoughts about forgiveness, just as you (and I and anyone listening) probably did. Chris WANTS the killer to be convicted of 1st Degree Murder and he WANTS her to receive the death penalty, more for the life she'll lead as a death row inmate than anything.

Chris is "obviously not there yet." But that is his goal for one day...to forgive the killer. As he explained it to me, he felt almost out of body during his closing thoughts as if Travis or Jesus or something bigger than himself was speaking through him. I know his remarks hit me like a ton of bricks and made me realize things about myself that I've been holding onto...completely unaware of the personal damage I was inflicting on myself. I wept for hours in this realization.

In closing, there's no need to forgive this killer today, tomorrow, next week...there's no time frame on foregiveness. Justice MUST be served before some of us may possibly start the process of forgiving. But for our own good, we cannot hang on to the hatred endlessly.

Hope this clarifies Chris' message a bit for you.

If you are the Archangel Michael that has been so generous to the Alexander family, bless you 3 times over.

Hi guys
I think she was referring to my twitter page. If you go on to twitter search for @theanusofjodi (I know it's crude, but it's really just a fraction of how gross the real defendant is). You can see all of the graphics there.

I'm leaving work now, going to get a bagel and a coffee to break the fast and then heading home to wait for J-U-S-T-I-C-E.

All the best to everyone here.

Thanks, Jay! So funny.

Chris Hughes speaking on behalf of Travis, giving honest background to this story. It was so difficult to listen to only because there is SO much evidence that was always a stalker and he really cared for her. She is and always was very twisted. So sad. If this jury comes back with anything less than Murder 1, they should be forced to listen to this. I wish this "picture" of her should've been brought out a bit more. Travis was dishonestly trashed in court. Ugh, anything she is involved with either suffers, dies...in some way, they suffer.

Thank you to all who posted the transcript for the radio show last night. I was busy with a family event yesterday but thinking of Travis and his family.

One of my favorite Springsteen songs is Across the Border and these words comfort me even when thinking of those taken from us so violently and much too soon.

"For what are we
Without hope in our hearts
That someday we'll drink from God's blessed waters

And eat the fruit from the vine
I know love and fortune will be mine
Somewhere across the border"

Hey Knicksgal1... I am a HUGE Springsteen fan... have been for many years. His music has definitely been the soundtrack to my life, and to many others too.

Hi Mandy,

I spoke at length with Chris after last night's show and he was afraid people would misunderstand his thoughts about forgiveness, just as you (and I and anyone listening) probably did. Chris WANTS the killer to be convicted of 1st Degree Murder and he WANTS her to receive the death penalty, more for the life she'll lead as a death row inmate than anything.

Chris is "obviously not there yet." But that is his goal for one day...to forgive the killer. As he explained it to me, he felt almost out of body during his closing thoughts as if Travis or Jesus or something bigger than himself was speaking through him. I know his remarks hit me like a ton of bricks and made me realize things about myself that I've been holding onto...completely unaware of the personal damage I was inflicting on myself. I wept for hours in this realization.

In closing, there's no need to forgive this killer today, tomorrow, next week...there's no time frame on foregiveness. Justice MUST be served before some of us may possibly start the process of forgiving. But for our own good, we cannot hang on to the hatred endlessly.

Thanks, Michael. Wow. So beautiful! I have heard that you can forgive without forgetting. To me, that means that you still take the necessary precautions to protect yourself or others, but you don't hold a grudge.....mostly for your own sanity. I think someone could absolutely want JA locked up for life and maybe even want her to get the DP and still have forgiven her. I worry about the people she could still hurt if she is put in the general population in prison. She appears to be a person who would stop at nothing to get revenge. Thanks again for your post.

Susan

Hi Mandy,

Hi MichaelJames.

Thank you for the above post and I agree - at some point the anger has to be channeled into the appropriate place. Is it wrong to think that this will be more easily attainable if JA gets murder in the first degree? I worry that unless that verdict is reached many people (myself included) will find forgiveness.. regardless of which way or shape it comes in will be very difficult if not impossible.

Take care.

Hey Knicksgal1... I am a HUGE Springsteen fan... have been for many years. His music has definitely been the soundtrack to my life, and to many others too.

Hi Lisa,

I've been a fan since middle school (which is many, many years ago) and his music has saved me at times. We lost one of my friends last year and Bruce was very kind to his family and dedicated a song to him at a show. I didn't think I could love him any more than I did.

Alway nice to meet a fellow fan.

Hi Mandy,

Thank you for the response Michael, it means so much.
Please tell Chris he is an inspiration to me. Through dealing with the death of his dear friend he is still an helping others and that takes a lot for a person to do.

Also, if there is anyway that I might be able to contact Chris personally, an e-mail or even through another? If so could you PM me the information some day? It's actually a personal question for me. It blossomed out of something he said last night. It has nothing to do with Travis but I will wait until this verdict comes and time has passed before I would contact him. And if he is not OK with that, I totally understand.

Again, thank you for your kind explanation. All of you are some of the nicest people, ever.

Hoping for a verdict today because I am home from work but I am not worried if there is isn't a verdict today. Lots of material to go through.

A very special song from my past, that fits Travis, and the Alexander Family. thought I would share as we all wait.
[video=youtube;4N_8iRmM4JM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_8iRmM4JM[/video]

FYI:

Chris and Sky have several media appearances coming up. They filmed a new 48 Hours interview on Saturday...don't know the air date as of yet.
They already filmed Inside Edition which will air tonight.
Also, they are appearing on Dr. Drew tonight, as well as Nancy Grace on Tuesday.
As I learn more, I will share with all of you.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member