A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was discussed at length tonite. I land on the "NO" side. Anita saw that very juror shaking her head "no" to some things Jodi said as in "no don't think so". She takes copious notes. I call her the "stenographer". I've never gotten the impression she's a Jodi supporter.

:tyou:

Juan Martinez smiled and nodded at me as he walked in the courtroom today. :)

"He was giving me money" I thought you were lending HIM money Jodi.

She couldn't get work..August is the slow seasosn. Uhhuh.

I'm surrounded right now by clicking laptops...it's like a percussion section (journalists) and you can tell when something of note is said as they all start clicking loudly simultaneously.

"yes or no" she's gonna go with that all throughout this cross....not able to land on either one.

She's not seeming weak and crumbling..the opposite..she seems adversarial.

"peeping in his window" (glad he got that PEEPING word in there)

She is sooo slippery. she's smart that's for sure. She feels like she's topping JM.

This finger stuff is STRONG. The first big lie. Documented in a picture. She wants the jury to look at something and not believe their own eyes.

"This finger has had a run of bad things happen to it"

A couple of journalists behind me audibly chuckled on that one.

On to next page...

Page 3

Male juror who has concerned me grins when JM busts her in the finger lie. Journalists behind me chuckling again quietly.
W
Told Det. Flores her finger damaged June 4. Showing the video is STRONG as it shows how adeptly she lies and how her demeanor remains the same. Including now.

I can't see her face due to the court reporter. :(

Willmott seems to be arguing more at the sidebars than Nurmi.

Jurors staring at Juan and less at her.

I'm having a little trouble hearing Juan.

Nurmi and JW pouring over this journal..they are taking a LONG time with each exhibit...stalling?

They are acting like they've never seen it before...uh, I think they've seen all the evidence!

During sidebars JA always just continues looking down. She never looks out at her family or at jurors..just down.

Page 4

She takes forever to read 6 lines..it's like she stalls for time to think how to manipulate and explain away her lies.

Juan's pacing.

Defense stalls with all these exhibits..they just want to disrupt the pace at every turn.

It's really awkward how long everyone has to wait in silence for either JA or her team to read through a very small document.

The fact theyy pour over each thing so long then want to approach makes it seem more important. Like you REALLY now want to know what's on there. It's kinda backfiring as the Judge never disallows it.

Yawning while waiting for JA to read...she even turns the pages in slllooowww motion.

I think she's been coached to slow this down at every turn.

Maybe on Death Row she can take an Evelyn Wood speed reading course via the mail.

I wish I could figure out how to use the fancy smilies like popcorn or panic that's my favorite ;)

while we are waiting for Katie's next page .... if you go to the bottom of the page, you will see a button that says 'post reply' or when you are quoting someone ... you will see on the right hand side 'smilies', if you click 'more' at the bottom, a whole page of smilies open up :) they all have shortcuts too.... like the popcorn is : popcorn : without the spaces! :popcorn: :panic:

while we are waiting for Katie's next page .... if you go to the bottom of the page, you will see a button that says 'post reply' or when you are quoting someone ... you will see on the right hand side 'smilies', if you click 'more' at the bottom, a whole page of smilies open up :) they all have shortcuts too.... like the popcorn is : popcorn : without the spaces! :popcorn: :panic:

Thanks about the space thing.. when I click more it freezes can't get out for a minute then I :panic: especially today when posts were flyin' & I was locked out! :)

Page 5

Theme of Today -- Jodi Arias Reads

She's loving holding everyone up like this. with her slow motion stalling...

This obfuscating and dragging out just makes her seem more like someone who's trying to hide something.

Ok so now was lunch break. Anita had to stay in the courthouse to hold her spot in line for the afternoon session.

I went to lunch with Jake Orbin who's the brother of a murder victim (his brother Jay Orbin--that case was on a lot of shows and occurred also in AZ..his wife who killed him was a vegas showgirl). He talked about how us coming to court reminded him of Close Encounters of the Third Kind movie..all these people feeling compelled to just show up. We both cried as we shared our stories and how nice it is to meet someone who can totally understand. He's raising his son's child (his nephew). Was good to spend time w/ him.

Afternoon session.........still got in, same seat. Oddly the entire back row of the spectator seats was EMPTY. Weird!

JM says D A T E date. lol

Talked to one of T's family members who expressed being relieved in this cross because of her strong demeanor.

Her own journal belies the notion this was all him and his "perverted fantasies". Let the jury figure out whether or not she "enjoyed it".

Katie.. do you know who all the people are, who were sitting behind the mitigation lady today?

too bad you couldn't get a good view of JA - on TV she looked like a seething murderer with an evil smirk.

Page 6

She has an attitude of sarcasm and contempt for JM. Passive aggressive she's cocky and condescending. The jurors are all attentive but moreso toward Juan.

A juror in the backrow closest to Jodi seems over it (female). She keeps glancing in to the gallery and I had not noticed this before today.

Juan is much better in the afternoon. Male juror in the back row shaking his head..as in "omg I can't believe this" (not sure what that was in response to)

"I already answered your question" she's so defiant and definitely able to take care of herself.

Her lack of fear w/ any authority figure is so indicative of her sociopathy.

still no questions in the juror box

Weeks ahead discussed helping him w/ his Christmas boxes but expected him to know she was just popping by that day to help. that never hung together in her favor.

My stenographer juror not taking notes re: this Mimi's Day (I wrote that but I don't really remember what that means...I think that's what my note says..??).

Juan was trying to get JA to say what time the Mimi's restaurant opened - maybe that's what you were taking notes on(?)

Page 7

This is exhausting this volleying.

He's showing her to be someone who can speak up for herself vs. a shrinking violet.

Whole back row of gallery empty..weird.

I don't really understand this trading cars business.

Again JW talking more at the sidebar.

Clearly LaViolette has interviewed JA. Interesting.

I had alittle encounter with Jodi's mother in the bathroom again.

I dunno, my impression of her is a kind of typical simple small town woman. I have no idea how this freak of nature emerged from that situation. Her mother seems really harmless and normal to me. I think Jodi is some kind of evil demon from some other place.

"Clearly LaViolette has interviewed JA. Interesting."

Is LaViolette/Lavalette same DV expert who had her lap top stolen when house broke into a week or 2 ago??

Funny haven't heard anymore about that since the day it happened..

Pretty sure someone who works in the courtroom posts on WS and today I figured out who she is (and I'm not answering questions on this, it was in my notes though).

Much of the afternoon spent waiting for JA to read various documents in slow motion.

All T's sister's impeccably dressed and polished and look HEALTHY. Amazingly so considering. Tanisha has her hair in a perfectly braided bun..I have no idea how she could do this herself. Her husband Harold is being more and more friendly with me, thanking me for coming, makes sure I'm ushered in with everyone else. He's a very warm person and so incredibly connected and loving toward Tanisha. It's very heartening to see.

During sidebar jury looks all around including the gallery. JA just stares down with a blank stare. Not looking sad really..just blank.

Juan looks down when they object to yet another exhibit.

They are doing everything possible to slow things down.

Nurmi literally paging through every page of this photography magazine Juan is trying to admit..totally stalling and it's obvious. He's clearly seen this exhibit before...this is not new to him. Why take so many minutes fondling it? (sorry that was gratuitous).

"Clearly LaViolette has interviewed JA. Interesting."

Is LaViolette/Lavalette same DV expert who had her lap top stolen when house broke into a week or 2 ago??

Funny haven't heard anymore about that since the day it happened..

No Alyce LaViolette is a defense expert. The one w/ the laptop stolen is for the State.

Well, I have an attitude of sarcasm and contempt towards her. LOL

Page 9

JM has patience of a Saint to wait and pace for these ridiculous stalls..every exhibit is objected to, poured over and taken to a sidebar. It's a freaking magazine ok?

They lose their objection every time..hopefully the jury will see how this wastes their time. This is a one pointed goal, to slow down JM's cross.

She's very bright eyed and smirky on the stand.

Everyone I'm talking to thinks her cockiness plays against her and I'm talking to all the journalists around me on the breaks.

Who is Ann Campbell? Recipient of the magazines.

JA looks confident today..when she descends the stand and heads to her attorneys she's all animated and confident looking to me.

No jurors looking at her during these lengthy waits.

Nurmis is looking through this Star magazine as if he's getting a leisurely pedicure. He's looking at different pictures and articles on each page. Give me a break!

katiecoollady...thanks sooooo much for coming here and reporting your observations.

"Ann Campbell and Donovan Bering, friends of Jodi Arias, told ABC News that Jodi Arias thinks she should be in prison, but not get the death penalty".

abc_arias_friends_mi_130220_wmain.jpg

Page 10

This whole sneaky magazine business is the BOMBSHELL today. It kind of sneaked in there as I thought the magazines were gonna be some kind of pictures of boys in underwear or something. But these messages..omg. And she doesn't miss a beat and you can tell she's gonna deny writing them.

But it's so obvious...her name on the magazine, the writing in pencil. He's laid the foundation so clearly that it's her with the timing of the hearing, testimony etc. This is HUGE in terms of showing her sneaky manipulative ways.

For her to deny this sneaky message just digs her credibility hole deeper and deeper.

She's totally enjoying this testimony. Openly grinnning.

Ok that's it for my afternoon notes...Anita has some interesting observations of her after she walked off the stand. Anita was right there up close and was watching taking notes before we left the courtroom.

Next post is our post court times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member