A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie I am riveted by your observations. When you are not so exhausted, would you be willing ti give us a rundown on the jurors, like describing what they look like, maybe give them nicknames or something? I know it;s a lot to ask after all you have done for us!!!!!

Anita did just that today..nicknames and all. One of the many things we hashed and rehashed during our wonderful dinner. I feel sure she will share those notes...

Anita and I were talking again about how HUGE the courtroom is and how you really can't see subtle facial expressions. It's so much better view on TV.

well darn... i'd love to know what the jury reaction was to j.a. when she could barely suppress her laugh.

Katie did you notice when jodi stood for the break and took the exhibit with her? Right before the lunch recess was called? I cant find the video but I found it to be odd.

She did, then carried it over to her defense team table who directed her to carry it over to the court clerk just all bouncy like she was an employee in the courtroom. Crazy.

Anita and I were talking again about how HUGE the courtroom is and how you really can't see subtle facial expressions. It's so much better view on TV.

Thanks Katie!! Get some rest.. I can't wait to read Anita's notes tomorrow saw her on Dr D tonight she had some interesting insights about jury..ni

G'nite!!

She did, then carried it over to her defense team table who directed her to carry it over to the court clerk just all bouncy like she was an employee in the courtroom. Crazy.

I caught it too but in all the videos i saw on youtube the view of it was cropped out. maybe the person recording used another livestream (I use azcentral) it looked like she was going to study during lunch.

How did the courtroom react when it was shown that she tried to tamper with a witness who was in contradiction to what she told her attorneys? Did you hear from anyone what the witness was in contradiction with? she told the person they "f'd up"

I know your tired Katie...many hugs and thanks, ur amazing!

I do have to say that JA's mother and aunt tend to smile and laugh at inappropriate times that you may not have been able to see.. I think you mentioned this earlier in the trial about them; just giving you a recap of what they were like today ;)

One question.. Did you hear the gasps when JA made the comment about Juan and Travis screaming at her? curious How the jurors reacted if you saw.. TIA

I heard a gasp around me yes when she said that and also something else that I can't remember right now but Anita will as we discussed it. I think she has better juror notes than me today...my view wasn't as good as it has been. I was also kinda sleepy today.

I have to say I got a different impression of JA's mother today. As I said just a brief BR encounter made me think "this is just a simple small town woman who doesn't even really get all that's going on here" Not even on the same planet of sophisticated mind boggling mental gymnastics we see going on with her evil spawn. I actually found myself feeling sorry for her today. Sorry if that bothers anyone. Just keepin it real.

I seriously think JA is some kind of freak of nature. How her brain works so quickly and in such an evil way is terrifying to me. And her total lack of fear in her circumstances and the way she seems so much to enjoy it WHILE SHE IS ON TRIAL FOR HER LIFE is mind boggling. I think she's some kind of manifestation of the Devil and I don't really even believe in the Devil.

Were you able to see when she giggled at JM? It might have been too subtle to see from that far away, but I am still disgusted by it! There were TWO talking heads on NG that both thought it was a better day for the defense. :what: :furious:

How did the courtroom react when it was shown that she tried to tamper with a witness who was in contradiction to what she told her attorneys? Did you hear from anyone what the witness was in contradiction with? she told the person they "f'd up"

Most everyone I talked to felt it was about Matt McCartney and she was setting him up to testify something about Travis and the pedo stuff. There was something about him giving a statement about Travis being seen on the computer and I'm thinking that was the "contradictory to what (she) has said for the last year" statement.

It was all set up today but Juan will take this the distance on Monday I'm sure.

Were you able to see when she giggled at JM? It might have been too subtle to see from that far away, but I am still disgusted by it! There were TWO talking heads on NG that both thought it was a better day for the defense. :what: :furious:

It was not. Believe me, it was not.

Today was very interesting.. wonder what other bombshells will come out??

My doggie keeps paw'n my leg & yawn'n guess it's bed time ;)

G'nite all..

Anita was amazing on Dr Drew. She threw in a tiny tidbit about Jodi stroking her throat area after she left the stand, and asked the body language expert what that meant. She answered that Jodi might have felt vulnerable and threatened and was unconsciously responding to that vulnerable feeling. [ paraphrased]

Anita was amazing on Dr Drew. She threw in a tiny tidbit about Jodi stroking her throat area after she left the stand, and asked the body language expert what that meant. She answered that Jodi might have felt vulnerable and threatened and was unconsciously responding to that vulnerable feeling. [ paraphrased]

We discussed this at length and fantasized about wouldn't it be cool to ask Janine Driver. Then it turned out she was a guest on the show. Bill then told us she wouldn't be on during the Drew's Jury segment. But as it turned out she WAS still on and Anita DID get a chance to get her question in and Janine DID answer it. It was like a miracle! Seriously! Here she drives up from tucson not knowing if she'd even get in..she gets in all day, gets on Dr. Drew show and gets her question answered by the very person she was wishing. Girl needs to go buy a lottery ticket!

"This finger has had a run of bad things happen to it"

A couple of journalists behind me audibly chuckled on that one.

On to next page...[/QUOTE]

this made me laugh so much too!!!:floorlaugh:

Thanks Katie! It's great to read this! I've been watching you on Dr. Drew!

Hi guys! OMG!!!! I met BETH KARAS!!!! What an amazing day! I'm exhausted, but can't sleep. I want to answer a couple quick short questions before I hit the sack; I'll put my notes and answer the amazing questions from the first page in the morning on my laptop. :seeya:

Hi guys! OMG!!!! I met BETH KARAS!!!! What an amazing day! I'm exhausted, but can't sleep. I want to answer a couple quick short questions before I hit the sack; I'll put my notes and answer the amazing questions from the first page in the morning on my laptop. :seeya:

You were AWESOME on DD tonight. :cheer::dance::great:

Thanks Katie! It's great to read this! I've been watching you on Dr. Drew!

I'm not that katie...she's "the other katie". I know it's so confusing. I was on Dr. Drew one night last week. But she's on every night. And Anita Richman was on tonite! But thank you! lol

Did any on the jury gasp or show emotion when Jodi made the comment that she only had memory problems when "a man like you or Travis is screaming at me"?

What was the tone/ mood of the court room and gallery like at that point?

(Because all 850+ Websleuthers on the thread certainly gasped!)
There was reaction from the jury, but probably not what she hoped for or expected. No gasps (this jury is very professional), but I noticed NONE of the men looked remotely impressed or sympathetic. I have more in my notes, but at least one female juror shook her head "no" at Jodi when she said that.

The gallery was very quiet; no audible creation from the gallery outside of the furious typing of the journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan