A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious what JAs family must be thinking about EVERY DETAILED THING she's said in court about the sex, her "abusive" childhood, her memory loss & viewing all the pics..

I'm just wondering.. Did the DT say.. Hey folks.. We all know she did this soooooo we are going to throw everything under the sun including a wooden spoon against the wall & see what sticks... Don't get offended by the lies just tryin' to not let her fry..

If I put myself in their place and I have a family/friend who's done something like this then they start throwing me under a bus saying I beat them or stole their BFs or whatever I would PERSONALLY have a very hard time sitting there because there's a time to be honest and be furious they were trying to pawn their ownership of their bad deed to me under false circumstances to boot!! JMO

Page 12

Is she wearing eyemake-up today? I'll have to look on tv. Damn, I forgot to record the trial today! Derp.

She's getting really flushed discussing these texts/phone calls.

Walking out to break, going through double doors, two *court employees* are holding the doors for all of the gallery. One teases the other "I don't remember, that was YESTERDAY! I mean, I don't RECALL!" ha ha Even the *court employees* get it and think it's laughable.

So much media here. This judge does a GREAT job of being fair, even keeled and gracious. She appears to be VERY respectful to both sets of attorneys during side bars. Good job, Judge Stevens!

I'm thinking it's so smart of JM to impeach her straight off her defense yesterday and ending on the note of admitting to innumerable lies and "pretty much all B.S."!! He's making a deception sandwich!

This is awesome!! :rocker: Thank you so much!
Page 9

Tricolor looks tired. I'm tired, too. Let's name the jury!

(NOTE, these names are not meant to be offensive or hurt anyone's feelings. First thing that came to mind, usually.) I typed this list out once and when I hit post, the site kicked me off! I hope it doesn't happen again. I just take too dang long typing! lol These are numbered, 1 is the person in the front row, closest to Jodi. The second row again starts at the person (#10) closest to Jodi.

Jurors

1.Church Lady- Mid 50's, short hair, no make-up, glasses.

2.Trump-Guy in 40's, lots of hair, car salesman look.

3.Housewife-She is a big lady (tall and heavy set, not obese) with a very sweet face, no make-up.

4.Grandpa-Bald, sweet faced older man that looks like my grandpa.

5.Tricolor-Early 30's, short, stylish haircut with three colors, reminds me of one of my hairstylists.

6.Nancy-Lady in her 50's, lovely face, reminds me of Nancy Reagan with glasses, short sassy haircut.

7.Paul Rudd-Younger guy, mid-late 20's with spiky hair, sweat jacket, looks like the actor Paul Rudd.

8.The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50's with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman.

9.Willy-Old hippy with long white ponytail, thin, small build.

10.Barb-Female, 40's, has the "sexy librarian" look, wearing a form fitting sweater, slender build and voluptuous. If ANYONE on the jury is offended by disparaging comments regarding breast augmentation, my guess is it would be her. She is the only juror I couldn't see very clearly; just when she entered and exited the courtroom and when I stretched up out of my seat to gawk at her.

11.Poquito-Little Mexican guy (maybe 5'3) with long graduated pony tail, lots of facial hair and piercings.

12.Neil-Early 50's high forehead, glasses, looks very nervous and turns red easily. This is the guy that makes KCL nervous.

13.The Wrestler-Younger good looking guy, large build.

14.Old potsmoking CPA (I have no idea why I wrote this, i have ZERO recollection of this juror. He did not make any impression on me, other than when I was going down the rows naming them.)

15.Elderly Man-This man is definitely the oldest juror, he occasionally uses the headphones to listen to the proceedings that Jodie's Auntie uses.

16.Maureen-Red haired, glasses (the red might be too red to be a natural ginger) If I had to guess one Mormon on the jury, it would be her.

17.Pony Tail-Young girl, pony tail, plain, pony tail and sweats.

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!

That's our jury,according to Anita, folks! :seeya:

Yes. sorry. I don't even know where Earl came from...lol. I must have imaginary juror friends.

So you don't get the same vibe from him that KCL does? He's just a more shy/awkward listener?

thank you!

I didn't. But then again, KCL has been in there MANY days. I was just in there yesterday.

YW!!

You guys are making me want to go sometime next week too...but we can't all go or there won't be enough seats. ;)

Katiecoolady, I've enjoyed reading all of your posts here & in the main thread, so a big thank-you. I've not had a chance to comment to you before since there is no way I can keep up with the threads, but just want to let you know how much I appreciate what you do, your astute observations & especially your informed perspective.

Anita Richman, So glad you had such a great day. I saw you on Dr. Drew last night & didn't know that was you until later when I read these threads. I have to tell you that I was duly impressed & thought to myself that this lady should be on more often, especially at the end of the show when you mentioned JA putting her hand (or was it hands?) to her throat. I was nearly shouting at the tv for Dr Drew to shut up & let that new "juror" talk! I knew what you meant when you mistakenly used the word "disseminate" no need to feel bad.....I wouldn't have been able to utter a word due to nerves. You looked great too. Thank you for all your thoughts & observations & the great run down on the jury....been curious for so long! BTW, you should have taken your wooden spoon to the sleeping guy! You did bring it, right?

To both of you ladies, just want to say I'm incredibly jealous that you've met my hero, Beth Karas....love that woman! She should have her own show, a legal show without the JVM, NG & DD drama, hysterics & sensationalism. Beth would make us all proud! Does she still knit? Haha, yes I watched the Scott Peterson coverage.

My brother lives in Mesa, but he's not a trial watcher...imagine that! If I decide to visit him in the next few weeks, I'll try to attend, not sure yet.

Well lets' do it!

I'll think about it seriously..

I'm not really a true crime buff I've come on WS for info twice obviously this trial then idk 5 yrs ago when 2 sisters were killed in their home in my tiny hometown in Indiana as my niece just graduated with the one sister.

This case has fascinated me because
1) it's in my backyard (Phx area)
2) people involved are in my demographic age/socioeconomic class

But most importantly I KNOW 2 women like JA (minus cold blooded killing) so seeing her on stand is interesting.

You guys are making me want to go sometime next week too...but we can't all go or there won't be enough seats. ;)

Please go! I would love to read your take on the trial from the courtroom point of view.

Page 9

Tricolor looks tired. I'm tired, too. Let's name the jury!

(NOTE, these names are not meant to be offensive or hurt anyone's feelings. First thing that came to mind, usually.) I typed this list out once and when I hit post, the site kicked me off! I hope it doesn't happen again. I just take too dang long typing! lol These are numbered, 1 is the person in the front row, closest to Jodi. The second row again starts at the person (#10) closest to Jodi.

Jurors

1.Church Lady- Mid 50's, short hair, no make-up, glasses.

2.Trump-Guy in 40's, lots of hair, car salesman look.

3.Housewife-She is a big lady (tall and heavy set, not obese) with a very sweet face, no make-up.

4.Grandpa-Bald, sweet faced older man that looks like my grandpa.

5.Tricolor-Early 30's, short, stylish haircut with three colors, reminds me of one of my hairstylists.

6.Nancy-Lady in her 50's, lovely face, reminds me of Nancy Reagan with glasses, short sassy haircut.

7.Paul Rudd-Younger guy, mid-late 20's with spiky hair, sweat jacket, looks like the actor Paul Rudd.

8.The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50's with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman.

9.Willy-Old hippy with long white ponytail, thin, small build.

10.Barb-Female, 40's, has the "sexy librarian" look, wearing a form fitting sweater, slender build and voluptuous. If ANYONE on the jury is offended by disparaging comments regarding breast augmentation, my guess is it would be her. She is the only juror I couldn't see very clearly; just when she entered and exited the courtroom and when I stretched up out of my seat to gawk at her.

11.Poquito-Little Mexican guy (maybe 5'3) with long graduated pony tail, lots of facial hair and piercings.

12.Neil-Early 50's high forehead, glasses, looks very nervous and turns red easily. This is the guy that makes KCL nervous.

13.The Wrestler-Younger good looking guy, large build.

14.Old potsmoking CPA (I have no idea why I wrote this, i have ZERO recollection of this juror. He did not make any impression on me, other than when I was going down the rows naming them.)

15.Elderly Man-This man is definitely the oldest juror, he occasionally uses the headphones to listen to the proceedings that Jodie's Auntie uses.

16.Maureen-Red haired, glasses (the red might be too red to be a natural ginger) If I had to guess one Mormon on the jury, it would be her.

17.Pony Tail-Young girl, pony tail, plain, pony tail and sweats.

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!

That's our jury,according to Anita, folks! :seeya:

Thanks Anita, it sounds like Neil is nervous because he isn't liking being a juror. This doesn't give me a read on how they are going to vote. Ha. They sound like a very diversified jury.

Such great observations from all of you! I concur about the "50 lbs and 15 yrs older" (those darn cameras). I discovered this myself when I attended a trial and saw myself on TV. It was harsh. :yikes:

It's got to be tough for the attorneys, knowing the whole world is watching. Then again, this is their bread 'n butter.

Question: do you know (Anita or Katie or PASA) when the (a?) camera is on you? Or is it unobtrusive and anonymous?

Is it easy to hear inside the courtroom? I discovered during the 2 trials I attended in my area that the acoustics in the courtroom were terrible and I had a much better listening experience when I watched the trials online because the lawyers and witnesses were mic'd up for the network feed and it was much louder that way.

HaHa I know right?? We should have a viewing party! Wonder if there's a place DownTown maybe lounge @ Hyatt we could all watch live feeds, discuss then get "our jurors" and maybe BK & CO to join us... Like a FOCUS GROUP!

BTW if you don't mind me asking..
Are you in metro Phx area? What's your area of Practice?

Page 13

Coming off lunch break, Jodi was very animated in a powwow with her DT.

They're in sidebar, she's staring down and to the side with a smile on her face. In a word. C-R-E-E-P-Y!!!

Magazine being examined by Nurmi and Wilmot, JA is NOT (underlined a lot) amused. She is staring at them. Hard.

Guy next to me (2nd year law student) mentions he was an engineer tech and the magazine Nurmi is looking at is an audio magazine, he recognizes the pro audio ads. I said, could it be a photography mag? Nurmi flips it around and we see, Bingo, Photo Pro.

Grandpa is looking at JM with what I am interpreting as appreciation and admiration. I think he is silently asking JM to UNLEASH HIS LAWYER, but I might be projecting.

Donovan and girlfriend did not come back after lunch. Too bad, because we were definitely building rapport! Girlfriend asked me as we were leaving for lunch, "What did you want when you tapped me?" and I said, I was going to ask you to get the deputy to kick the snoring guy out and she said, "OH! Yeah, we sent the deputy a note. Thanks!" Instead of Donovan, a younger guy, mid twenties in a green plaid shirt sits in front of me. He and the lady next to him do a lot of whispering. My curiousity gets the best of me, so I lean forward to ask if he's family to Jodi or just a friend. I touched his shoulder and he LURCHED forward, up and away from me like I had tazed him. He turned and gave me a dirty look and I said, "I just want to ask you a question" and he said, "I don't have any answers!". Clearly it was going to take some time to work on my relationship with him.

HOLY ****! (Excuse my lingo) Casey Anthony on the cover of the Star Magazine!!! Soo Apropos! You KNOW Juanderful left it on the projector with her photo there, just to rub it in. I didn't hear it, but was told by TOK that the back row all sort of softly groaned when they saw CA, like "oh yeah, don't remind us of THAT verdict." :(

I'm actually glad she's got neat penmanship. Makes it easy to read. (See, I can find something nice about ANYONE!;) )

Who is Ann Campbell?! (Ha!!! Just freaking learned I was BFF with her right before lunch!)

Chilling how Jodi laser-focuses on the parts of JM's question that he DOESN'T want her to answer. It's unreal, machine-like. Scary! Her brain. Wow.

Matt McCartney. You're under the bus next, sir.

I noticed when the jury is out of the room she doesn't wear them. I think the glasses are a prop to make her look like an innocent school marm. MOO :)

She needs to tell that to her face! LOL :great:

Thank you both for your reports, they are really interesting :)

Can anyone post me the link to the DR Drew show you were on please? I don't know where to find it and would like to watch it :)

TIA

Anita.. what is your take on Earl? Do you feel nervous about him? Can you articulate what is the hesitation about him?

I believe that KatieCoolLady has changed her mind about him. If I remember correctly she posted about this either last nite or the night before.

Page 13

Coming off lunch break, Jodi was very animated in a powwow with her DT.

They're in sidebar, she's staring down and to the side with a smile on her face. In a word. C-R-E-E-P-Y!!!

Magazine being examined by Nurmi and Wilmot, JA is NOT (underlined a lot) amused. She is staring at them. Hard.

Guy next to me (2nd year law student) mentions he was an engineer tech and the magazine Nurmi is looking at is an audio magazine, he recognizes the pro audio ads. I said, could it be a photography mag? Nurmi flips it around and we see, Bingo, Photo Pro.

Grandpa is looking at JM with what I am interpreting as appreciation and admiration. I think he is silently asking JM to UNLEASH HIS LAWYER, but I might be projecting.

Donovan and girlfriend did not come back after lunch. Too bad, because we were definitely building rapport! Girlfriend asked me as we were leaving for lunch, "What did you want when you tapped me?" and I said, I was going to ask you to get the deputy to kick the snoring guy out and she said, "OH! Yeah, we sent the deputy a note. Thanks!" Instead of Donovan, a younger guy, mid twenties in a green plaid shirt sits in front of me. He and the lady next to him do a lot of whispering. My curiousity gets the best of me, so I lean forward to ask if he's family to Jodi or just a friend. I touched his shoulder and he LURCHED forward, up and away from me like I had tazed him. He turned and gave me a dirty look and I said, "I just want to ask you a question" and he said, "I don't have any answers!". Clearly it was going to take some time to work on my relationship with him.

HOLY ****! (Excuse my lingo) Casey Anthony on the cover of the Star Magazine!!! Soo Apropos! You KNOW Juanderful left it on the projector with her photo there, just to rub it in. I didn't hear it, but was told by TOK that the back row all sort of softly groaned when they saw CA, like "oh yeah, don't remind us of THAT verdict." :(
I'm actually glad she's got neat penmanship. Makes it easy to read. (See, I can find something nice about ANYONE!;) )

Who is Ann Campbell?! (Ha!!! Just freaking learned I was BFF with right before lunch!)

Chilling how Jodi laser-focuses on the parts of JM's question that he DOESN'T want her to answer. It's unreal, machine-like. Scary! Her brain. Wow.

Matt McCartney. You're under the bus next, sir.

Ok I totally missed that FCA was on cover of STAR Mag! I'm watching IS today will keep eye out to see that but I wonder if that wasn't in fact a subtle message to the Jury by JM??

The media/back row may not have wanted to be reminded but then again the media/press after FCA case maybe not thinking this could be a positive to this jury again subtle "Folks lets not have another FCA.. Convict w/ DP" JMO

Such great observations from all of you! I concur about the "50 lbs and 15 yrs older" (those darn cameras). I discovered this myself when I attended a trial and saw myself on TV. It was harsh. :yikes:

It's got to be tough for the attorneys, knowing the whole world is watching. Then again, this is their bread 'n butter.

Question: do you know (Anita or Katie or PASA) when the (a?) camera is on you? Or is it unobtrusive and anonymous?

Is it easy to hear inside the courtroom? I discovered during the 2 trials I attended in my area that the acoustics in the courtroom were terrible and I had a much better listening experience when I watched the trials online because the lawyers and witnesses were mic'd up for the network feed and it was much louder that way.
Hi Madeleine! I still want to hear the story about the atty getting busted posting on websleuths at the trial you were at; I told Katie about it and we're both dying to hear your story!!

I have no idea if the camera was ever on me. The camers are very unobtrusive and on the other side of the room, catty corner from the defense side. I had NO trouble hearing in the courtroom and wondered if Juan was mic'd because I heard him so clearly.

I believe that KatieCoolLady has changed her mind about him. If I remember correctly she posted about this either last nite or the night before.

I didn't see that post. thanks! I'll go look.

Ok I totally missed that FCA was on cover of STAR Mag! I'm watching IS today will keep eye out to see that but I wonder if that wasn't in fact a subtle message to the Jury by JM??

The media/back row may not have wanted to be reminded but then again the media/press after FCA case maybe not thinking this could be a positive to this jury again subtle "Folks lets not have another FCA.. Convict w/ DP" JMO

Are you guys sure it wasn't the Duchess of Cambridge? It said "Kate 95 lbs and pregnant!" on the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami