Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting perspective. Is it unusual for a murder suspect to be in pretrial detention / unable to post bond? So unusual that it is a stigma in the eyes of the jury, thus more likely to convict? That’s kind of messed up.
That's a HUGE generalization and a very bent perspective. It's not unusual for a murder suspect to be in pretrial detention and no bonding out...either because there's no funds or there's no bond.

This is all extremely worrisome to me. Many here who thought they needed "more" to favor RA's guilt indicated that if he had revealed information in his "confessions" that only the killer would know, that would go a long way, but if he didn't, it wouldn't be helpful. If the information revealed today is true (and I've no reason not to think so), the "confessions" go sadly in entirely the other direction.

When I say "worrisome," I mean that, given what we know from public filings, I don't see how the state will get a guilty verdict here. I hope that there is more to come, as it would be truly tragic if this trial doesn't bring closure.

And not that it's worth much, but if I were guessing (and NOT "beyond a reasonable doubt"), I think RA was BG but didn't act alone.

There are multiple confessions hence people saying the defense are cherry picking here. 5/6
Confessions I believe and those have not all been released by the defense here.

They are not going to release stuff that paints him at guilty.

AFAIK, no, it’s never been confirmed who was behind a_shots or emilyanne. I haven’t been able to let go of the idea that there’s a connection to the Delphi case. And if this attorney is right, we may never know.

“Tompkins said a Kline guilty plea on the charges he faces would almost assure that all the evidence investigators have uncovered will never be known publicly and, perhaps, that goes for his potential connection to the Delphi case, too.”

”They eliminate or place greater control on the amount of information that is released to the public about the case.”

KAK confirmed he was the anthony_shots account in his 194 page LE interrogation.

There are multiple confessions hence people saying the defense are cherry picking here. 5/6
Confessions I believe and those have not all been released by the defense here.

They are not going to release stuff that paints him at guilty.

I'm aware, thanks. A "confession" that contains information absolutely contradictory to the crime is going to be a problem in any case.

This is all extremely worrisome to me. Many here who thought they needed "more" to favor RA's guilt indicated that if he had revealed information in his "confessions" that only the killer would know, that would go a long way, but if he didn't, it wouldn't be helpful. If the information revealed today is true (and I've no reason not to think so), the "confessions" go sadly in entirely the other direction.

When I say "worrisome," I mean that, given what we know from public filings, I don't see how the state will get a guilty verdict here. I hope that there is more to come, as it would be truly tragic if this trial doesn't bring closure.

And not that it's worth much, but if I were guessing (and NOT "beyond a reasonable doubt"), I think RA was BG but didn't act alone.
Same here. Am troubled by the confessions, definitely, but I've never given much weight to the confessions at all, honestly, and still don't.

I'm aware, thanks. A "confession" that contains information absolutely contradictory to the crime is going to be a problem in any case.

I will wait for every other confession before I judge here knowing how the D’s manipulate things to suit their agenda.

The Sexual assault likely happened as he stripped them naked and at least one girl looked clean so had likely been washed down to hide what he had done.

Moo

“If the information revealed today is true (and I've no reason not to think so)…”

There’s your problem.
There are plenty of reasons not to believe this information. Reason #1 is it was written by the defense attorneys. Check out a years worth of motions filled with everything from misleading claims, ridiculous exaggerated language, complete fantasy, and downright lies.
Remember also you are hearing only one side of this issue.

If I could ask why the defense would want the confession thrown out then?

i wonder whether this is a serious effort to suppress in the first place when they left out the most damaging confessions of all. This motion provides no argument or basis to exclude the apparently multiple recorded confessions. They literally make no argument as to why those should be excluded as they don’t even address them.

so is this just more narrative setting for the galleries?

Goodness, there's a whole trial to come. Nothing was even said, in these new D filings, about RA confessing no less than five times to his wife and mother ending with his wife hanging up abruptly. Not to inmates, not to the guards at Westville, not to LE...to his wife and mother.

i wonder whether this is a serious effort to suppress in the first place when they left out the most damaging confessions of all. This motion provides no argument or basis to exclude the apparently multiple recorded confessions. They literally make no argument as to why those should be excluded as they don’t even address them.

so is this just more narrative setting for the galleries?
It's another way to file information and details best left for the courtroom, the jury, not the media but released to influence the jury pool right before selections begin. MO

“If the information revealed today is true (and I've no reason not to think so)…”

There’s your problem.
There are plenty of reasons not to believe this information. Reason #1 is it was written by the defense attorneys. Check out a years worth of motions filled with everything from misleading claims, ridiculous exaggerated language, complete fantasy, and downright lies.
Remember also you are hearing only one side of this issue.
TOTALLY agreed here. I've learned my lesson the hard way with this D.

So there really is a lot to think about this motion, and also I'd want to see the states response before investing much in it, because the defence was held by the Judge to have falsified Westville allegations before.

High level though, it is interesting that they seem to have moved away from the Odinist coercion plot, and back towards some kind of psychosis induced confession theory. Obviously they can do that at trial for the jury, but it might be a tricky pivot here with the Judge, because they already put the Odinist prison guard theory to her in the Franks.

I get that the defence can argue in the alternative, but IMO it stretches credibility evidentially that he was both coerced by the odinist prison guards AND fell into a psychosis like condition where he made false confessions.

BIB - does this indicate, that he confessed to molesting other named girls? (i.e not the victims in this case)

On another occasion, he professed his sorrow for molesting Abby, Libby and others which he specifically named. (C/O Michael Roberts statement between 15-16 min. mark). These facts are known to be falsities, none of which are supported by the autopsy findings by Dr. Roland Kohr as to the cause of death ofthe girls and unsupported by the absence of any evidence that either one ofthe girls were sexually assaulted near or before the time of their deaths. (see attached autopsy reports

(from the memo at page 10)

BIB - does this indicate, that he confessed to molesting other named girls? (i.e not the victims in this case)

(from the memo at page 10)

It’s quite Interesting he is having fantasies about molesting children even in his warped mind.

It makes me wonder if the prosecution were going to mention this at trial and they have tried to throw it in here to somehow downplay it.

IMO

Last edited:
Am researching the KK "Country Club Road" aspect, is anyone aware of this already? Am picking through old threads and I see people are discussing possible association between KK/RA. And that's been discussed already, even if there's some type of "intersection" of lives, it could just be fleeting/nothing of significance. I definitely see the potential for connections through family & possibly church affiliation, but maybe again, it's just incidental (& nothing). The reason I'm looking for the Country Club Road aspect is LE was grilling KK over KK's phone pinging there on Feb 13, 2017, and KK did apparently have family living there. From the conversation, it sounds like KK's grandparents would be reasonably close to it, too. Nobody seems to know whether he searched for the Delphi Marathon station from that location, though. Anyone hear about this, or no?

trigger/graphic (pp165-170 for Country Club Road)

Just saw on p10 what looks to be implying (?) a specific question Kline failed on the polygraph may have been whether he knew the identity of the girls' murderer. Kline's Questioner: "...I'm not literally asking you right now. Do you know for sure who killed those girls, no. Uh yeah I'm sorry yeah no, and you did say no both times in your polygraph and guess what that was deception."

Of course. Why wouldn't they be upset? Nobody is saying not to be upset about it.
I've seen some posts here just shrugging it off, saying it 'wasn't their fault, how could they have known it could happen, they are not to blame , only the thief is to blame'. I say that AB should share the blame for not taking any precautions but literally leaving the photos out completely unprotected.

My point wasn't just about being upset. It was about taking accountability for the breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine